Start by marking “Breathe, Annie, Breathe” as Want to Read:
Breathe, Annie, Breathe

Breathe, Annie, Breathe

(Hundred Oaks)

From the bestselling author of Catching Jordan comes a contemporary YA you won't forget.

The finish line is only the beginning.…

Annie hates running. No matter how far she jogs, she can't escape the guilt that if she hadn't broken up with Kyle, he might still be alive. So to honor his memory, she starts preparing for the marathon he intended to race.

But the training is even
Published July 15th 2014 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about Breathe, Annie, Breathe, please sign up.
Darlene
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Caitlyn "Books Are My Life" Baker You definitely don't have to, but it IS really fun to.…moreYou definitely don't have to, but it IS really fun to.(less)
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny HanIsla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie PerkinsWe Were Liars by E. LockhartSince You've Been Gone by Morgan MatsonWhat I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
2014 Contemporary YA
256 books — 1,975 voters
Catching Jordan by Miranda KenneallyGame. Set. Match. by Jennifer IacopelliDairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert MurdockShut Out by Kody KeplingerMegan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian
Girls in Sports
365 books — 651 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Breathe, Annie, Breathe
Giselle
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, own, signed
It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of this series. With every new book I fall a little bit more in love with this town and its characters, which I thought was impossible by now. What I appreciate the most is how even though it's a series, each book is a stand-alone with new main characters who tell us their story, and if you have read the others, you get a kick out of the familiar faces that return for secondary roles. I love hearing what Jordan and the others are up to, and they're all so grown ...more
Jennifer Armentrout
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG. The feels. THE FEELS.
Kasie West
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's 1:23 am right now and I just finished. That should say everything. I couldn't put it down. ...more
Angela
This was SO GOOD. Wow, I really did miss reading the Hundred Oaks books. I love Annie and I love Jeremiah and I love all the supporting characters. But I didn't love the ending. I WANT MORE.

Ughhh. I'm feeling very sad and deprived right now.

And I'm still bitter about the cover and the title. I would like them a lot more if they matched the previous books' cover and title.
Sarah Elizabeth
Such a sweet YA contemporary romance! And I loved Jeremiah ♡
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Not sure how it happened that I, a self-professed mostly YA contemp reader, had never read a Miranda Kenneally book until this one. Believe me, I'd heard great things about Catching Jordan, Stealing Parker, Racing Savannah, and Things I Can't Forget, but somehow, I just never got around to reading one of her books.

I'm grateful that I was given the opportunity to be part of the Canadian blog tour for Breathe, Annie, Breathe, because it's fantastic. Annie is a seventeen-year old girl who is just g
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who enjoy mature YA and stories about sports
This book was everything. Everything and more.

Breathe, Annie, Breathe is a beautiful story about loss, healing and new beginnings. About taking some risks in life, about never losing the ability to enjoy the here and now. The story made me laugh and cry, it made me smile like a goofball and it made me clutch my kindle to my heart because it was just so cute and heartbreaking and wonderful. Basically, it gave me all the emotions and really, those are always the best kind of books.

We stick toget
Gisbelle
That cover :( Double yuck! The previous books in this series have just gorgeous covers. Sadly not this one. I hope it is not official yet :)

Let's play spot the odd one out:
description

March 20, 2014
Just realized that the cover has been removed :)

April 19, 2014
New cover is a lot prettier than the last 2 attempts. It still doesn't match the other covers in this series, but it's acceptable.
Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally
Frankie Lovely
dnf at 30%-ish

Maybe I'll rant later ... or maybe I wont waste my time anymore.

It's not the worst thing ever. Its really not even bad. But it is also not good. I really thought this was going to go a lot differently and I despise wasted potential.
Sophie
Breathe, Annie, Breathe tells the story of Annie, a 17 year old who is training to run the Country Music Marathon to honour her late boyfriend's memory. Whilst training, Annie falls for her trainer's brother, Jeremiah, and feels guilty.

This story may quite easily be my favourite instalment in the Hundred Oaks series, but I'm definitely due a re-read of them all I think, perhaps once Jesse's Girl is released.

The guilt that Annie feels for moving on, and for still being alive, is so real, and fres
Ari
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mixed
After so much time, reading a Miranda Kenneally book feels like coming back home.

“Breathe, Annie, Breathe” is a wonderful book…
I loved the overall story, the characters, the ending – which for me didn’t read like a cliffhanger at all (like so many people kept saying)… It just felt like a beautiful, open ending, full of hope.

Annie is extremely easy to relate with…
She is so transparent, her emotions so open. I can’t say that I cared much for her past relationship – you know, with it being ‘pa
Jasprit
"If you don't put yourself out there, if you don't take risks, you can't truly feel"

Miranda Kenneally is an author whose books I know I can rely upon time and time again. This last month has been my worst reading month ever, I think I’ve only been able to finish one book and books which have been highly recommended to me too have been falling flat for me too. So with the release of Jesse’s Girl just around the corner, I was itching to get back to Kenneally’s Hundred Oaks series, I have enjoyed e
Briar's Reviews
Breathe, Annie, Breathe is a great YA tale with a sporty focus.

I'm totally impressed that I finally found a book that centers around sports! It is quite a rare find for me, so I'm ridiculously pleased! As a former athlete, I absolutely love being able to locate a book that reflects my life. It's always nice to know that there's more books out there for us athletes. Throw in the fact that it's also a YA novel and you've got me really interested! The YA crowd, specifically, needs some books that r
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Currently, I have only read two of the Hundred Oak series and it definitely seems that I should remedy that because this series is so much fun. While a have a few of my criticisms, whether you are a sports junkie or not–this is worth checking out.

Annie was a very easy character to click with for me. I used to run long distance a lot two years back (now not so much because of school and homework and new interests, though I still enjoy running occasion
Sue

This is a touching, emotional ride that you go on following Annie. Its like you are right beside her at times urging her on, then feeling like she should take a breather, slow down and stay calm.

When her boyfriend Kyle dies whilst in training for running the up and coming Marathon, Annie decides she would run it on his behalf. Annie hates running, but to do this for Kyle, HE wanted to partake, so why not do it for HIM.

I feel it was a way for Annie to take on and manage her grief, doing this. Fo
Heather
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-contemporary
I know this book is 'technically' part of a series but I haven't read the entire series. I believe I've only read books 2 &3 in the series. That being said, this book is my favorite in the series so far.

I love the premise behind the book. How Annie is training to run a marathon for her deceased ex boyfriend. I loved reading about her training sessions and it really got me in the mood to run, even though I don't. I'm probably the worst runner there is but this book made me want to just go on a
Cath
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it
3/5 stars
I'm a huge fan of these books, I liked the start of this but it really began to annoy me.
Certain things really bugged me: like if Jere said something inappropriate Annie would be like: why did you say that?
He'd be like: cause I'm a guy..

Ughh.
Anyway.
I still liked this but it wasn't my favourite.
Jess (Gone with the Words)
I loved Annie. She was tough and vulnerable, and determined. Her dedication to the marathon training was really admirable. Also, JEREMIAH BROWN.

Read my full review, originally posted on Gone with the Words
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I remember reading the synopsis of Breathe, Annie, Breathe when it was released last year and thinking... meh, not for me. First, it's about running (yawn) and secondly, it looks too sweet/"clean teen" for my taste. But a couple weeks ago my GoodReads friend Laura gave it a glowing review and it was enough to sway me. And I'm so glad it did.

Breathe, Annie, Breathe was *so* much more than I was expecting. One of those books that takes you by surprise - in the very best way. The cover is deceiving
Dilushani Jayalath
And she's back!!!!!!! What can I say??? I LOVED this one!!! I feel as if I got old Miranda Kenneally back and she's back to writing awesome novels again!

Considering I slowly started disliking her last two books (specifically her last one) I was really happy when this turned out to be great.

So we've got Annie first. This girl was joy to read. The sheer amount of strength she has was overwhelming. I loved her courage. She was an amazing and in a somewhat manner inspirational character. I loved how
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
I adore this series and I’ve said before but with each book I believe Miranda Kenneally’s work gets better and better and Breathe, Annie, Breathe has to be my favourite to date!

This story follows Annie, a girl that is trying to escape her boyfriend’s death by running a marathon that Kyle was planning on racing in. In doing this race Annie hopes to leave the all the guilt behind and somehow find some peace, but when Annie hires a running coach to help her get into shape, she becomes even more gu
nick (the infinite limits of love)

I'm pretty certain when I say that Breathe, Annie, Breathe is going to be a favorite among a lot of readers, especially fans of the Hundred Oaks series. It certainly was the case for me. Miranda Kenneally has grown to become such a reliable author for me. Anything and everything that she writes is pure gold.

What made Breathe, Annie, Breathe such a resounding book was the phenomenal characters. Miranda Kenneally has a knack for writing realistic and easily relateable main characters and Annie was
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always

3.5 stars, more or less

Catching Jordan is a book I hold very close to my heart. Ever since the explosion of feels it brought me, I've been auto-reading every book Kenneally's putting out in this series. Seriously, people. The first three books just gave me ALL THE FEELS. Book four, Racing Savannah, was a pretty huge disappointment for me. But I'm glad to say, Miranda Kenneally is back!

Breathe, Annie, Breathe features a fierce girl with a goal--a goal she'll do anything to achieve. Annie's de
Maf (Bookworm Wanders)
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I am so happy I decided to read this book, it was the perfect mix between moving on and romance and growing up and sweet and funny. It made me miss running (which is funny because I HATED running) and it was a great read in general
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
4.5!
“You need anything? Water? Tylenol? Vaseline?”
“Vaseline?” He shrugs. “Yeah, for chafing. Are you having any issues?”

This was exactly the book I needed to get nurse my book hangover after how much of a wreck ACOMAF and Soldier left me. It was everything I needed; fluffy, good banter, believable characters, and sweet romance. I also think I needed that bit of grief and healing. Unlike with the last book, there wasn’t drama over how it happened, just that it happened and what the aftermath look
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
For more reviews, Cover Snark and more, visit A Reader of Fictions.

Miranda Kenneally has completely outdone herself. I’ve enjoyed all of her books. Loved them, in fact. They’re feelsy and shippy and funny and real and sex-positive and basically everything I want. Breathe, Annie, Breathe strikes that perfect balance between fluffiness and delving into powerful issues. When I finished Breathe, Annie, Breathe, I was pretty damn close to happy crying, because the book is so moving and the ending was
Jenni Arndt
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-own
Miranda Kenneally has done it again folks! I always know that when I pick up a book by Kenneally that I am in for a fair amount of swooning, but I have to say that with Breathe, Annie, Breathe I got even more than I could have expected. Full of wonderful characters, a swoon-inducing romance and a full range of emotion, I think this is the best in the Hundred Oaks series yet!

In the fifth instalment in the series we are introduced to Annie who has recently lost her long term boyfriend and is now
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was an all around good book. It was so lovely to see Annie moving on from the guilt of Kyle's death. She learns to let it all go and just 'breathe'. The title was actually a common phrase repeated in the book and I really liked that. After something particularly hard, she would think to herself 'Breathe, Annie, Breathe'. It just had a powerful effect on me.

Another element that really showed Annie's journey is the running log that she kept. The whole thing was reprinted on the page after eve
Books
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth book of Miranda Kenneally which I’ve read in the past eighteen months, and I still can’t get enough of this author’s writing! Her books are like comfort food to me. Every time I finish another addition to the Hundred Oaks series, I’m so disappointed that I’ll have to wait months for the release of the next novel by her. With Breathe, Annie, Breathe, Kenneally outdid herself!

I loved everything about this story. Annie is a great character, and the way she described her relationsh
bookaholic_kim
This is the 4th book of Miranda Kenneally that I have read and this is my least favorite. Hundred Oaks Series is awesome but this book is weaker compared to the others.

I have some issues with the book

1.It is slow paced and even the beginning wasn’t catchy. I had to motivate myself to read it and kept telling myself to give it a chance. I was really proud of myself when I finished it.

2.The situations in the story are routine so it was really predictable.

3.I am not a fan of the characters. I can’t

• The Game Can't Love You Back
  • Announcing Trouble
  • Paper Hearts (The Heartbreaker Chronicles, #2)
  • The Heartbreakers (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #1)
  • My Life with the Walter Boys (My Life with the Walter Boys #1)
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • Throw Like a Girl
  • Shuffle, Repeat
  • Girl Out of Water
  • On the Fence
  • What I Thought Was True
  • Just One of the Boys (The Chicago Falcons, #1)
  • Just a Boy and a Girl in a Little Canoe
  • Lucky in Love
  • Whatever Life Throws at You
  • My Life Next Door
  • The Fill-In Boyfriend
  • I Hate You, Fuller James
Growing up in Tennessee, Miranda Kenneally dreamed of becoming an Atlanta Brave, a country singer (cliché!), or a UN interpreter. Instead she writes, and works for the State Department in Washington, D.C., where George W. Bush once used her shoulder as an armrest. Miranda loves Twitter, Star Trek and her husband.

Note: I don't answer direct messages, but do answer questions on Goodreads and Twitter

Hundred Oaks (8 books)
  • Catching Jordan
  • Stealing Parker
  • Things I Can't Forget
  • Racing Savannah
  • Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks)
  • Defending Taylor