Start by marking “Things I Can't Forget” as Want to Read:
Things I Can't Forget

Things I Can't Forget

(Hundred Oaks #3)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  11,170 Ratings  ·  929 Reviews
Kate has always been the good girl. Too good, according to some people at school—although they have no idea the guilty secret she carries. But this summer, everything is different...

This summer she’s a counselor at Cumberland Creek summer camp, and she wants to put the past behind her. This summer Matt is back as a counselor too. He’s the first guy she ever kissed, and he’
Published March 1st 2013 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about Things I Can't Forget, please sign up.
Booklover Overdrive. My school uses it and you can check books out. This book is amazing
Dare You To by Katie McGarryThis Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. SmithJust One Day by Gayle FormanEleanor & Park by Rainbow RowellThe Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
2013 Contemporary YA
205 books — 1,503 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,578 books — 11,060 voters

More lists with this book...

Blythe
I was really hoping the main character would be stabbed out of nowhere on the last page.

She wasn't.

I'm upset.
Giselle
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, own
Being a big fan of Miranda's books since I read and fell in love with Catching Jordan I was only a little weary when I was told this one involved some religion-which I usually quickly turn away from in books. I must say, however, that as usual, Miranda used her magic and turned this into an immensely sweet read, making the religion aspect a simple fact of the story like anything else. Every protagonist has passions and dreams that we get to see as a part of them, this is how religion plays a par ...more
This was an okay story, but the pace was really slow.

Kate was a little stuck in her ways, and seemed incapable of believing that anything other than her church’s beliefs could possibly be right. I totally got why people called her uptight and judgemental, because she did come across that way!

The storyline in this was about Kate working at a summer camp, and having a crush on a guy called Matt. We also had the storyline about the thing Kate couldn’t forget (view spoiler)
Sashana
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book was a conundrum and pure confusion. The first two books in the series were about spunky girls who played sports so, naturally, I expected Things I Can't Forget to have a similar theme. Imagine my complete shock when instead of reading a sports themed book I got to read about some overly annoying religious girl.

I get the message that the author was trying to make: it's okay to have religious morals and be young. It's a difficult and admirable thing to try to attain for anyone, let alon
Kels
When it comes down to it, I just couldn't connect with the main character. And the story was pretty boring. However, I did like the cute ending, but it just wasn't enough to make up for the lackluster plot.
Jasprit
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Does being in love mean forgetting everything you know? Or is it about folding that love into your life? Because right now, I have no idea how to balance that"

Things I Can’t Forget touches upon a more of a difficult situation for our protagonist compared to the previous two books. Jordan and Parker both had tough decisions to make too and horrible situations to deal with but I found Kate was hit much harder. Kate had no one to confide in, as she’d isolated herself away from her best friend afte
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
A chance to win Things I Can't Forget is happening now on my blog; 2 x winners and it's international. Ends March 28th 2013. http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.co...

"He grins, and looks around. "Are you King Crab Kate?" I cover my mouth with a hand. " Oh my gosh - you're Miniature Poodle Matt!"

I adore Miranda's work! Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker were fantastic reads, which I rated 4 stars each, however, Things I Can't Forget gets a massive 5 star rating from me. Third time's the charm rig
Limonessa
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

I'm going to start by stressing that I am not religious. Not at all. For this reason, I tend to be annoyed by books that push religion at me or that in any way promote, display, depict... you got the gist.
So that I rated it so high in itself speaks volumes.

The story is about holier-than-thou Kate, who goes to work as a counselor in a Christian camp during the summer. She's just lost her best friend Emily, who's been kicked out of the house after they discovered she got an abortion. K
bookaholic_kim
I highly admire Miranda Kenneally for writing this book. Religion is a very sensitive subject to everyone’s lives and for Miranda to incorporate it in her writing is brave. Really brave.

I totally enjoyed reading this book because it is relatable. The situations in the book can be seen in our society. And for Christians like me, you would totally love it.

So, the story is about this girl who is a devoted Christian. She does things basing on what is accepted in the Christian world. However, one in
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
Buy this book on: | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Audible | BookDepository (FREE WORLDWIDESHIPPING) |

3.5 out of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). OH GUSHER I read this so long ago and forgot to write my review but this was so cute. I recommend reading this book if you're in need of a quick and easy read or if you just fell into a reading slump! This book will do it for you!!!!

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might n
Ari
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
*3.5 Stars!*

This was a lot better than the previous two books.
Trish Doller
Sep 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read an earlier draft, but I'm so looking forward to the final copy because this is my favorite of Miranda's books, so far.
nick
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

After Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker, Miranda Kenneally is on my auto-buy list. When the opportunity to review her latest title, Things I Can't Forget, came up, I jumped right into it. Although I loved Kenneally's first two novels, I have to say that Things I Can't Forget is my favorite, which is very surprising since I'm not into too much religion in my books.

Kate was a surprisingly intense character that I really enjoyed reading about. I had no idea that I would end up loving her so much
Ambur
Dec 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
While Kate was very different from Parker (Stealing Parker) and Jordan (Catching Jordan), I still really liked her! I've already seen reviews that call her judgmental and they say that they didn't like her, and I'll agree that she was definitely judgmental, but it didn't stop me from enjoying her character or her story.

In fact, her being judgmental was one of those character flaws that made me enjoy her more, and while at times it had me wanting to rip my hair out or made me want to shake her, K
Lori
I just can't get behind this one. I don't like the main character at all. She was judgmental, hypocritical, naive, and selfish. She wanted everyone to understand her beliefs but felt no obligation to understand or accept theirs. She had no problem spouting her thoughts on sex and relationships and God to others when she believed they had sinned but didn't like it when people called her a Jesus Freak. Her feelings were hurt by them but she couldn't understand how she had affected them. I'm also t ...more
Danielle (Love at First Page)
This review is paired with Racing Savannah and can also be found at Love at First Page.

He grabs my hand and tangles our fingers together, and I remember how this felt on our first date.
Right and perfect, even thought we're anything but right and perfect. But being with him smells better than salt on the breeze first thing in the morning at the beach. It tastes better than homemade vanilla ice cream. It feels better than dragging a paintbrush across canvas.
~Things I Can't Forget

"You are really
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
I've been a fan of Miranda's since I read Catching Jordan, and I will definitely read anything that she writes. Still, I must admit that I entered on Things I Can't Forget with a certain amount of trepidation, having heard some talk of the focus on themes of religion and the personality of the main character. I feared I might not like this one much, but, actually, Things I Can't Forget has turned out to be my new favorite of her three books.

There is no doubt that Kate will rub a lot of people th
Kathy
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
This did make me think about being judgemental. Miranda is a fabulous writer but her books have too much sexual content.

Content: Language, nearly everyone is sleeping around, (no "home run" on the pages but all the other bases are hit).
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
The first thing I noticed about the book was the title. Why did it ruin the consistency of the first two and the fourth? I really found it annoying.

Without the title, the book's beautiful.

I normally wouldn't read books about religion (Stealing Parker had a bit of it, though) but I couldn't pass up something by Miranda Kenneally.

Our main character, Kate Kelley, was uninteresting at first, but then I came to understand her and why she did... things. Religion plays a big part in a child's developme
Jessica
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, ya
A companion novel to the equally fabulous CATCHING JORDAN (out now) and STEALING PARKER (out Oct 1!), this follows Kate as she spends the summer before college as a church camp counselor, questioning her faith as she falls in love for the first time. This book has amazing characterization. At the beginning of the book, Kate’s seldom questioned her fundamentalist Christian church’s teachings, even though it’s caused a major rift between her and her BFF. She isn’t immediately popular with some of ...more
Mihlean
Jul 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, 1-star
DNF (at 50% I think)

But I just need to say that I'm so disappointed.
I've loved all the books of the series Hundred Oaks by Miranda Kenneally, but I really don't want to read further anymore.

Why? Let me tell you;
The main character Kate, she's a good girl. A good Christian girl - no offense to the religion itself, I know plenty people that are Christian whom I'm friends with, but Kate?
She was such a judgemental bitch.
I'm sorry, I don't like to call anyone - even if they're fictional - any bad na
Heather
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-tour
This ARC review will be posted at my blog, The Flyleaf Review closer to the book's publication.

* Things I Can't Forget is the 3rd book in the Hundred Oaks Series. It is a companion novel to both Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker.You don't have to read either of those books before starting Things I Can't Forget, but I think you will get much more out of it if you do:)*

Like I mentioned in the above disclaimer, Things I Can't Forget is a companion novel to author Miranda Kenneally's first two boo
Andrea
Jan 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
At this point I have read a ton of reviews for Things I Can't Forget. Almost all have given Miranda Kenneally high praised (very well-deserved) for her writing and the story. Almost all have also mentioned having a hard time connecting with Kate. I am absolutely not trying to argue or discount those feelings, each person comes to a book bringing their unique outlook on life and relationships. What I want to do is offer an alternative point-of-view in regards to Kate.

Kate Kelly is maybe the bes
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Interview & Giveaway on the blog!

Kate helped her best friend through something really difficult. It was something Kate didn't believe in so now she just can't move on. Her friend is trying to move on and Kate continues bringing up all the guilt so no one can move on. They get in a big fight. Kate has to work at a summer camp without her. Kate flashes back to the emotional event throughout the book. It weighs heavily on her mind.

Kate is very hard to rel
Jess (Gone with the Words)
Read this review on my blog! --> Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally

I’ll tell you what I soon won’t forget...this book, that’s what!

Miranda’s books have always struck a chord with me. I’ve always been able to relate on some level, therefore making her books really memorable for me. But what she did to me with Things I Can’t Forget was beyond that. I hung on every word of this book like it my life depend it on it.

I’ve often found myself struggling with religious beliefs and my meaning
Bailey (IB Book Blogging)
Miranda has once again proven herself to be among the stars of the contemporary YA genre with her newest book, THINGS I CAN'T FORGET. While CATCHING JORDAN will probably always be my favorite of hers, I think THINGS I CAN'T FORGET gave it a run for its money, especially in the guy department! The storyline is heartbreaking and yet seductive at the same time, making for one heck of a ride for the reader. There are many things I won't be able to forget about this book!

Kate is the epitome of a good
Books
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2013
This is the third book I’ve read by Miranda Kenneally, and I enjoyed it as much as I did Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker. Parents looking for a clean read to get for their teenage daughters, I highly recommend the Hundred Oaks series. Each book can be read as a stand-alone and every story deals with one or the other moral dilemma faced by teens today. Things I Can’t Forget specifically deals with teens having to make tough Christian-value based decisions in today’s world where issues such as ...more
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
This series has been tough for me in the sense that I loved Catching Jordan so much. It suited me well at the time and I still adore it to pieces, but Stealing Parker, while still enjoyable, was not exactly my cup of tea. I liked it, but not as much as the first book. After hearing how people felt like Things I Can’t Forget was a tad preachy.. Idk. I was expecting to feel lukewarm about it, but guess what? I actually liked this one!

“Learning is never a bad thing. And neither is changing your min
Jessica  (My Not So Vacant Shelf)
View more of my review and others at my blog: www.mynotsovacantshelf.blogspot.com

I love Miranda Kenneally’s writing. I hope that she writes for years to come! Although this book doesn’t have the sporty title like the two before it, and although it doesn’t really involve sports, doesn’t stop this book from rocking like the first two. This book is heavily focused on religion, mainly on Kate’s beliefs and where they fit into her life. At first I didn’t really like Kate, I thought she was judgementa
Pixie/PageTurners(Amber) C.
Nov 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've enjoyed the first two books in the Hundred Series, but Things I Can't Forget is my new favorite of the series. Kate's journey through the book looks at her faith and has her questioning if God is punishing her for her past choices. I appreciated that Kate's story is more about internal conflicts and dealing with her faith, it gave the story more depth and it really pulled me in.

Kate and her best friend, Emily, used to attend Cumberland Creek summer camp when they were kids and now that they
  • Dirty Little Secret
  • The Book of Broken Hearts
  • Nobody But Us
  • Flirting with Maybe
  • How My Summer Went Up in Flames
  • Right of Way
  • How I Lost You
  • Hooked (Hooked, #1)
  • Nantucket Blue (Nantucket, #1)
  • The Reece Malcolm List
  • Dear Cassie (Pretty Amy, #2)
  • The Summer I Became a Nerd (Nerd, #1)
  • Our Song
  • Leap of Faith
  • Bruised
  • The Trouble with Flirting
  • Me, Him, Them, & It
  • Golden
Growing up in Tennessee, Miranda Kenneally dreamed of becoming an Atlanta Brave, a country singer (cliché!), or a UN interpreter. Instead she writes, and works for the State Department in Washington, D.C., where George W. Bush once used her shoulder as an armrest. Miranda loves Twitter, Star Trek and her husband.

Note: I don't answer direct messages, but do answer questions on Goodreads and Twitter

Hundred Oaks (8 books)
  • Catching Jordan
  • Stealing Parker
  • Racing Savannah
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks)
  • Defending Taylor
  • Coming Up for Air

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
“Learning is never a bad thing. And neither is changing your mind about things…It’s always good to reevaluate. To think and consider all sides.” 41 likes
“Maybe all that matters is that he’s right for me, and I’m right for him.” 39 likes