Start by marking “Things I Can't Forget” as Want to Read:
Things I Can't Forget

Things I Can't Forget

(Hundred Oaks)

Kate has always been the good girl. Too good, according to some people at school—although they have no idea the guilty secret she carries. But this summer, everything is different...

This summer she’s a counselor at Cumberland Creek summer camp, and she wants to put the past behind her. This summer Matt is back as a counselor too. He’s the first guy she ever kissed, and he
Published March 1st 2013 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about Things I Can't Forget, please sign up.
Booklover Overdrive. My school uses it and you can check books out. This book is amazing
Rilynn Ringler You don't necessarily have to but I would read them all because they were all so good. They all kind of tie together …moreYou don't necessarily have to but I would read them all because they were all so good. They all kind of tie together (less)
Dare You To by Katie McGarryThis Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. SmithJust One Day by Gayle FormanEleanor & Park by Rainbow RowellThe Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
2013 Contemporary YA
203 books — 1,496 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera Cass
YA Novels of 2013
1,576 books — 11,012 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Things I Can't Forget
B
I was really hoping the main character would be stabbed out of nowhere on the last page.

She wasn't.

I'm upset.
Giselle
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, arc
Being a big fan of Miranda's books since I read and fell in love with Catching Jordan I was only a little weary when I was told this one involved some religion-which I usually quickly turn away from in books. I must say, however, that as usual, Miranda used her magic and turned this into an immensely sweet read, making the religion aspect a simple fact of the story like anything else. Every protagonist has passions and dreams that we get to see as a part of them, this is how religion plays a par ...more
Sarah Elizabeth
This was an okay story, but the pace was really slow.

Kate was a little stuck in her ways, and seemed incapable of believing that anything other than her church’s beliefs could possibly be right. I totally got why people called her uptight and judgemental, because she did come across that way!

The storyline in this was about Kate working at a summer camp, and having a crush on a guy called Matt. We also had the storyline about the thing Kate couldn’t forget (view spoiler)
Sashana
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book was a conundrum and pure confusion. The first two books in the series were about spunky girls who played sports so, naturally, I expected Things I Can't Forget to have a similar theme. Imagine my complete shock when instead of reading a sports themed book I got to read about some overly annoying religious girl.

I get the message that the author was trying to make: it's okay to have religious morals and be young. It's a difficult and admirable thing to try to attain for anyone, let alon
Kels
When it comes down to it, I just couldn't connect with the main character. And the story was pretty boring. However, I did like the cute ending, but it just wasn't enough to make up for the lackluster plot. ...more
Jasprit
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Does being in love mean forgetting everything you know? Or is it about folding that love into your life? Because right now, I have no idea how to balance that"

Things I Can’t Forget touches upon a more of a difficult situation for our protagonist compared to the previous two books. Jordan and Parker both had tough decisions to make too and horrible situations to deal with but I found Kate was hit much harder. Kate had no one to confide in, as she’d isolated herself away from her best friend afte
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
A chance to win Things I Can't Forget is happening now on my blog; 2 x winners and it's international. Ends March 28th 2013. http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.co...

"He grins, and looks around. "Are you King Crab Kate?" I cover my mouth with a hand. " Oh my gosh - you're Miniature Poodle Matt!"

I adore Miranda's work! Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker were fantastic reads, which I rated 4 stars each, however, Things I Can't Forget gets a massive 5 star rating from me. Third time's the charm ri
Limonessa
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

I'm going to start by stressing that I am not religious. Not at all. For this reason, I tend to be annoyed by books that push religion at me or that in any way promote, display, depict... you got the gist.
So that I rated it so high in itself speaks volumes.

The story is about holier-than-thou Kate, who goes to work as a counselor in a Christian camp during the summer. She's just lost her best friend Emily, who's been kicked out of the house after they discovered she got an abortion.
bookaholic_kim
I highly admire Miranda Kenneally for writing this book. Religion is a very sensitive subject to everyone’s lives and for Miranda to incorporate it in her writing is brave. Really brave.

I totally enjoyed reading this book because it is relatable. The situations in the book can be seen in our society. And for Christians like me, you would totally love it.

So, the story is about this girl who is a devoted Christian. She does things basing on what is accepted in the Christian world. However, one in
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
Buy this book on: | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Audible | BookDepository (FREE WORLDWIDESHIPPING) |

3.5 out of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). OH GUSHER I read this so long ago and forgot to write my review but this was so cute. I recommend reading this book if you're in need of a quick and easy read or if you just fell into a reading slump! This book will do it for you!!!!

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
I've been a fan of Miranda's since I read Catching Jordan, and I will definitely read anything that she writes. Still, I must admit that I entered on Things I Can't Forget with a certain amount of trepidation, having heard some talk of the focus on themes of religion and the personality of the main character. I feared I might not like this one much, but, actually, Things I Can't Forget has turned out to be my new favorite of her three books.

There is no doubt that Kate will rub a lot of people th
Lori
I just can't get behind this one. I don't like the main character at all. She was judgmental, hypocritical, naive, and selfish. She wanted everyone to understand her beliefs but felt no obligation to understand or accept theirs. She had no problem spouting her thoughts on sex and relationships and God to others when she believed they had sinned but didn't like it when people called her a Jesus Freak. Her feelings were hurt by them but she couldn't understand how she had affected them. I'm also t ...more
Trish Doller
Sep 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read an earlier draft, but I'm so looking forward to the final copy because this is my favorite of Miranda's books, so far. ...more
nick (the infinite limits of love)
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

After Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker, Miranda Kenneally is on my auto-buy list. When the opportunity to review her latest title, Things I Can't Forget, came up, I jumped right into it. Although I loved Kenneally's first two novels, I have to say that Things I Can't Forget is my favorite, which is very surprising since I'm not into too much religion in my books.

Kate was a surprisingly intense character that I really enjoyed reading about. I had no idea that I would end up loving her so much
Ambur
Dec 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
While Kate was very different from Parker (Stealing Parker) and Jordan (Catching Jordan), I still really liked her! I've already seen reviews that call her judgmental and they say that they didn't like her, and I'll agree that she was definitely judgmental, but it didn't stop me from enjoying her character or her story.

In fact, her being judgmental was one of those character flaws that made me enjoy her more, and while at times it had me wanting to rip my hair out or made me want to shake her, K
Dichotomy Girl
Original Review 08/20/2013:

It's funny what personal perspective can do for you. I've read in several reviews that Kate was not a very popular main character. One mentioned hoping she would be stabbed before the last page, another said they wanted to "punch her in the face" for being so judgmental, and yet another found herself constantly rolling her eyes. This kind of shocked me, as I actually felt that some of the other characters were a bit hard on Kate.

I suppose given my background as a forme
Dilushani Jayalath
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
So this wan't the best of Miranda Kenneally but nonetheless beautiful.

The story is about Kate and sweet Matt. Their love story isn't the typical one either because we get Kate and her god fearing ways. No, I don't mean it in a bad way. It's just who she is. I'm not a person opposed to people like her or find her a prude cuz in my country almost everyone is brought up that way. But then again people need to understand that the way a person is brought up only reflects their mannerism in the presen
Ari
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
*3.5 Stars!*

This was a lot better than the previous two books.
Danielle (Love at First Page)
This review is paired with Racing Savannah and can also be found at Love at First Page.

He grabs my hand and tangles our fingers together, and I remember how this felt on our first date.
Right and perfect, even thought we're anything but right and perfect. But being with him smells better than salt on the breeze first thing in the morning at the beach. It tastes better than homemade vanilla ice cream. It feels better than dragging a paintbrush across canvas.
~Things I Can't Forget

"You are r
Mihlean
Jul 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, 1-star
DNF (at 50% I think)

But I just need to say that I'm so disappointed.
I've loved all the books of the series Hundred Oaks by Miranda Kenneally, but I really don't want to read further anymore.

Why? Let me tell you;
The main character Kate, she's a good girl. A good Christian girl - no offense to the religion itself, I know plenty people that are Christian whom I'm friends with, but Kate?
She was such a judgemental bitch.
I'm sorry, I don't like to call anyone - even if they're fictional - any bad na
Heather
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-tour
This ARC review will be posted at my blog, The Flyleaf Review closer to the book's publication.

* Things I Can't Forget is the 3rd book in the Hundred Oaks Series. It is a companion novel to both Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker.You don't have to read either of those books before starting Things I Can't Forget, but I think you will get much more out of it if you do:)*

Like I mentioned in the above disclaimer, Things I Can't Forget is a companion novel to author Miranda Kenneally's first two boo
Samantha (WLABB)
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, ya, romance
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Kate had always adhered to the teachings of her church, but does some real soul searching after realizing that her "truth isn't everybody else's truth."

Kate's whole belief system was being challenged. Friends, who she thought shared all the church teachings with her, were partaking in "sinful" things. It was difficult for her to reconcile what they were doing with her belief system, but then Kate was reunited with Matt.

Matt gave Kate her first kiss many years ago, and now he was
Jess (Gone with the Words)
Read this review on my blog! --> Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally

I’ll tell you what I soon won’t forget...this book, that’s what!

Miranda’s books have always struck a chord with me. I’ve always been able to relate on some level, therefore making her books really memorable for me. But what she did to me with Things I Can’t Forget was beyond that. I hung on every word of this book like it my life depend it on it.

I’ve often found myself struggling with religious beliefs and my meaning
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Interview & Giveaway on the blog!

Kate helped her best friend through something really difficult. It was something Kate didn't believe in so now she just can't move on. Her friend is trying to move on and Kate continues bringing up all the guilt so no one can move on. They get in a big fight. Kate has to work at a summer camp without her. Kate flashes back to the emotional event throughout the book. It weighs heavily on her mind.

Kate is very hard to relate
Bailey (IB Book Blogging)
Miranda has once again proven herself to be among the stars of the contemporary YA genre with her newest book, THINGS I CAN'T FORGET. While CATCHING JORDAN will probably always be my favorite of hers, I think THINGS I CAN'T FORGET gave it a run for its money, especially in the guy department! The storyline is heartbreaking and yet seductive at the same time, making for one heck of a ride for the reader. There are many things I won't be able to forget about this book!

Kate is the epitome of a good
Books
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2013
This is the third book I’ve read by Miranda Kenneally, and I enjoyed it as much as I did Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker. Parents looking for a clean read to get for their teenage daughters, I highly recommend the Hundred Oaks series. Each book can be read as a stand-alone and every story deals with one or the other moral dilemma faced by teens today. Things I Can’t Forget specifically deals with teens having to make tough Christian-value based decisions in today’s world where issues such as ...more
Jessica Buwalda
Jan 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
View more of my review and others at my blog: www.mynotsovacantshelf.blogspot.com

I love Miranda Kenneally’s writing. I hope that she writes for years to come! Although this book doesn’t have the sporty title like the two before it, and although it doesn’t really involve sports, doesn’t stop this book from rocking like the first two. This book is heavily focused on religion, mainly on Kate’s beliefs and where they fit into her life. At first I didn’t really like Kate, I thought she was judgementa
Pixie/PageTurners Blog(Amber) C.
I've enjoyed the first two books in the Hundred Series, but Things I Can't Forget is my new favorite of the series. Kate's journey through the book looks at her faith and has her questioning if God is punishing her for her past choices. I appreciated that Kate's story is more about internal conflicts and dealing with her faith, it gave the story more depth and it really pulled me in.

Kate and her best friend, Emily, used to attend Cumberland Creek summer camp when they were kids and now that they
Giselle
An Electronic Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher for review. Quotes have been pulled from an ARC and may be subject to change.

Warning: Mild sexual thoughts are sprinkled throughout the book.

Kate is the good Christian girl who does no wrong, who doesn’t drink, or do drugs, and certainly doesn’t have a boyfriend. Until her summer job as a camp counselor, she meets her childhood friend Matt who shows her how much she’s been missing.

I loved Catching Jordan, and I couldn’t wait until
Kristi
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Miranda is such a fabulous writer. I love her stories, they feel so authentic. If you are a fan of contemporary/realistic fiction, and you haven’t read her books… GET ON IT!

I will admit I was a little apprehensive when I started this novel. There were some aspects of religion and I was afraid that it was going to be preachy or forced, but it wasn’t. It was actually portrayed really well. It was an extension of Kate herself, and it was also one of the main reasons for her struggle throughout the

• The Game Can't Love You Back
  • My Life with the Walter Boys (My Life with the Walter Boys #1)
  • Announcing Trouble
  • Shuffle, Repeat
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • The Heartbreakers (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #1)
  • On the Fence
  • Listen to Your Heart
  • Throw Like a Girl
  • What Are Friends For?
  • Lucky in Love
  • Paper Hearts (The Heartbreaker Chronicles, #2)
  • Love, Life, and the List (Love, Life, and the List, #1)
  • The Distance Between Us
Growing up in Tennessee, Miranda Kenneally dreamed of becoming an Atlanta Brave, a country singer (cliché!), or a UN interpreter. Instead she writes, and works for the State Department in Washington, D.C., where George W. Bush once used her shoulder as an armrest. Miranda loves Twitter, Star Trek and her husband.

Note: I don't answer direct messages, but do answer questions on Goodreads and Twitter

Hundred Oaks (8 books)
  • Catching Jordan
  • Stealing Parker
  • Racing Savannah
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks)
  • Defending Taylor
  • Coming Up for Air

News & Interviews

“Learning is never a bad thing. And neither is changing your mind about things…It’s always good to reevaluate. To think and consider all sides.” 43 likes
“Maybe all that matters is that he’s right for me, and I’m right for him.” 39 likes