Start by marking “Forbidden (Braddock-Black, #3)” as Want to Read:

Forbidden

(Braddock-Black #3)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  629 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
FORBIDDEN

He was raised in the gilded lap of luxury: Etienne Martel, the magnificently virile Duc de Vec, notorious rake, expert sportsman --- and the most celebrated lover in all of Paris. But from the moment he saw the incomparable Daisy Black, he knew he would never desire another.

FORBIDDEN

She was born half a world away: Daisy Black, a proud Montana beauty, exotic and u
Published August 1st 1991 by Fanfare

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
eBook LIVE: http://goo.gl/G4S9Qh One of the best HR series out there!

photo JohnsonBraddockBlack3TitlebySueBee_zpsd2cb37ca.jpg
 photo BB3BbySueBee_zpse28e57a0.gif
 photo BB3AbySueBee_zps54fc4b02.gif
★★★★ 1/2! The Braddock-Black series, book 3 of 5. Continuing the family saga with Hazard’s daughter the fiercely independent Daisy and Etienne Martel, Duc de Vec, playboy extraordinaire!

US EDITION SERIES INFO & REVIEW

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo JohnsonBraddockBlack3TitlebySueBee_zpsd2cb37ca.jpg
 photo BB3BbySueBee_zpse28e57a0.gif
 photo BB3AbySueBee_zps54fc4b02.gif

UK EDITION SERIES INFO & REVIEW

The Braddock-Black family saga, started in book 1 with its matriarch Jon Hazard Black; an Absarokee Indian chief, Harvard educated attorney, rich and successful business man, land & mine owner, gorgeous and sexy playboy meeting the beyond rich heiress Blaze Braddock
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
This had the advantage of being different. Sadly, that's the only advantage.

If you're in need of an adjective CC has a few to spare.

I've wanted to read this book for ages. It's an A read on AAR, but under the author's American (publishing market) name Susan Johnson and with the title Forbidden. For some reason she's CC Gibbs on the Blighty Kindle and the book is Forbidden Pleasures. And I was so happy that, in fact, I could get this book on Kindle because: Native American lady lawyer, Daisy, m
Paganalexandria
Etienne Martel is the disreputable rake prototype. He is French, too handsome for his own good, titled, and rich enough to get away with almost anything. Daisy Black is both a wild beauty, and controlled intellectual. Being Native American is enough by itself to set tongues wagging in Parisian salons, but she is also one of the first female lawyers of her time. She is much too serious to care about the notorious Duc de Vec. Etienne finds dining in society boring, so was not in a great hurry to m ...more
Oleta Blaylock
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this book some years ago and decided I needed to read it again. Ms Johnson has a style of writing that sometimes make you want to smack her characters just to knock some sense into them. This book is no different. While I know that the aristocracy of Europe often married for alliances instead of love it is sad that so many were probably very miserable. My one real problem with this book is that Etienne was worldly enough to know that if he really wanted a divorce from his wife he would ne ...more
Rebecca Huston
Sep 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
One of Susan Johnson's better books before she went overboard on the smut. Not for sensitive readers, nor for the young. You've been warned.
Jenny
Nov 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good Book. Kinda dragged along towards the end. And then there really wasnt an "ending".
Dinjolina
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any HR romance lover that wants to try something a bit different
A real keeper!
Diane K. Peterson
A interesting book, but I continually struggled with the fact the the hero was married. It just didn't feel right.
PurplyCookie
Apr 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantica
Daisy and Etienne are an improbable couple--their lives, characters, heritage, upbringing, views--none seem to match. And yet Johnson makes the love affair between them convincing and sizzling.

Her intelligent reparté and delicious tension are certainly at their strongest in this novel, and the few weaknesses in her other books are all but invisible here. The heroine has as a truly believable depth, and while she eventually (of course) capitulates to Etienne, she says more than "No" and "I reall
Bridget
11/14/13 Reading for the second time, I still loved it. So far, the Braddock-Black series has not disappointed. This is the third and I didn't expect it to be so well written.

9/24/12 Although I didn't expect to like this book, much less love it, I was haunted for several days with the depth of the love between Daisy and Etienne. Some books convey love in such palpable and intense emotions that it leaves the reader breathless. In the best tradition of a "romance" book, this one raises the level t
Anita Abigail
Jul 13, 2015 rated it liked it
I guess I am being bias... I just finish outlaw and silver flame and see a repeating storyline...
Quick affair - after a second thought we want more - separation - reunion - everything magically resolved - happy ending. It was a good book in itself, and I am being unfair. The storyline is good! Why mess with perfection right? Right?... But I just cannot give 5 stars...sorry
Erin
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely, hands-down one of her best written books. It's love, lust, fantasy, sensual characters with a true story line, not just right to the bedroom which has come to be with her latter written books. I wish Ms. Johnson would go back to her roots and write more books like this and the whole Braddock-Black series. They are masterpieces for the romantics!
Jen
Apr 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A really enjoyable read with a very different setting/perspective from the usual historicals I tend to favor. Part of me wishes I'd started with the first book because a lot of the inter-familiar relationships went over my head.
Debbie
Jul 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
An amazing love story with quite a twist at the end. I was left wanting to know more about the characters.
penelopewanders
Well, I hadn't read one of these in a long time. It's ok, if you can get beyond the love at first sight and decision to change a whole life-time of habits within a week... Not a keeper for me.
Mitzi
Book 2 in Braddock series. Great.
Danette Steward
Jul 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: johnson-susan
Typical Johnson smut....enjoyed it.
April Brookshire
Feb 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
The cover makes me feel like I'm not wearing my contacts.

Refreshing different story about a female Native American lawyer named Daisy Black who falls in love with a married French duke by the name of Etienne Martel. Having lived in a loveless marriage for the past 20 years, the hero falls in love with the heroine and is determined to hold on to the only woman he's ever loved. The biggest obstacle in their happiness is his married state and determined ex-wife.

So well written! Not particularly e
Eli
Mar 16, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Прочетох книгата трудно. Защо казвам това? Защото на няколко пъти исках да се откажа от нея, но все пак я прочетох. За мен, този роман е скучен. Няма никакво действие в него, никаква интрига. В повечето страници перобладават описанията на сексуалните им преживявания. Общо - взето, по -голямата част от книгата заемат именно тези им моменти. Ами, това е книгата. Съжалявам, но не ми хареса!
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
Very steamy story set in 1891 was rich in historical detail most of which I skimmed. I would have enjoyed book more paired down to half the size with just the passionate romance. Parisian playboy Etienne, Duc de Vec, falls for Montana attorney Daisy but his wife stands in the way.
Chun Yee
May 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: purgatorydnf
He was a grandfather. /shakes head/
Emma
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very predictable and not a lot of sex for a book that is classed as 'erotica'. An easy read when you need something that doesn't engage your brain too much.
Angel
Oct 29, 2015 added it
Not as good as the first 2 books. But it was still a good read. I also enjoyed reading about Trey and Hazard.
Mancho283
May 07, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5
Anita Wills
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
It's been a long time since I've read a smutty romance. If you like the genre, it might be a 3/4.
Tiffany
Sep 09, 2009
Jessie
May 24, 2010
Rita
Nov 20, 2014
  • To Love and to Cherish (Wyckerley Trilogy #1)
  • When There is Hope
  • Dance (de Saint Vallier Brothers, #2)
  • Fascinated
  • Silver-Tongued Devil
  • Chasing Fools
  • Awaken, My Love
  • Ride the Fire (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #3)
  • Love Me Knots
  • Anchor and Storm
  • Scoundrel's Kiss (Medieval, #2)
  • Risk Everything (The Blackthorn Trilogy, #3)
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Almost A Gentleman
  • Sun God
  • Tempt the Devil
  • Seize the Fire
  • Lady Be Bad (Merry Widows, #3)
And it all began rather serendipitously. Long ago, as they say, in another time, when fast food hadn't reached our area and the only shopping was what the feed mill offered, I was reading a book that annoyed me .

My husband was lying beside me in bed, watching TV. Turning to him, I sort of petulantly said, "How the hell did this book get published?"

"If you think you're so smart," he replied, with

Braddock-Black (5 books)
  • Blaze (Braddock-Black, #1)
  • Silver Flame (Braddock-Black, #2)
  • Brazen (Braddock-Black, #4)
  • Force Of Nature (Braddock-Black, #5)
“You Mademoiselle are hardly in a position to remonstrate. The entire world has no doubt been at your feet from the cradle.”
“Would you care to join them?” She was teasing but testing her powers too in a feminine display of vanity.
She was too perfect he thought, as she stood provocatively nude before him, too exotic, too tempting, too assured of her extravagant beauty. “Perhaps some other time,” his gaze having shuttered slightly, the familiar sardonic half-lidded gaze of the Duc de Vec once again regarding her…”
1 likes
“Well, thank you, ma’am,” he said still breathing hard, his heated body sleek with sweat, his smile angelic. “We … try.” 1 likes