Start by marking “Supernova: Akar” as Want to Read:
Supernova: Akar

Supernova: Akar

(Supernova #2)

Talita Luna
Kesejatian hidup ada pada batu kerikil yang tertendang ketika kau melangkah
menyusuri jalan. Kesejatian hidup ada pada selembar daun kering yang gugur
tertiup angin. Kesejatian hidup ada air susu ibu yang yang merelakan puting
payudaranya diisap oleh bayi manapun. Di
Vihara Pit Yong Kiong, Pasuruan, di pelabuhan Belawan, di Penang, di ...more
Published November 2002 by Truedee Books (first published 2002)

Start your review of Supernova: Akar
Irwan
Aug 23, 2007 rated it did not like it
Shelves: finished
A popular Indonesian novel. I read the prequel of this trilogy (?). I cant remember much from the previous one. I am quite sure I had a good time and was impressed reading it. I remember an expression "badai serotonin", the serotonin storm! Not bad!

Having said that, I found it difficult to enter the realm of this novel until I changed my attitude to the one I use when I read a scifi/fantasy novel. The striking quality of this novel is its inovative creativity, sometimes bordering amb
Doofenshmirtz
Jul 05, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: indo, fiction
I didn't like the book at all; it was too sloppily written. It was as if the author wrote whatever came to her mind and never bothered with a little process called "editing." There is also the interview I recall reading in which the author admitted to not being a big reader, which boggled my mind to no end. To be a good writer, one has to at least like to read. What, did she publish this book as a joke? (What saddens me, of course, is the fact of how popular her books ended up being. How is this ...more
bahamoet
Sep 01, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Open-Minded Ones, Journey Man
Nearly the same feeling about the previous book Dee wrote. But one thing special about this book, and my favorite too, is it tells about a journey of life.

The story is about a young man who spend most of his first life in the Buddhist Temple environment. He knows that himself has miracles, and he must do a journey to find about his destiny.

The journey itself is very adventurous. Full of tasks and obstacles from one place to other place.

I believe those who like
Ranty Yustina Dewi
Jun 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dee's fans
Shelves: a-girl-gotta-eat
..bought of out of curiosity. thank God it's Thai, a backpacker and a tattoo artist, otherwise it would be a very boring book.
Nadia Refaniadewi
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
One of the most influential book for me.
Vicky Amin
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
Another breathtaking masterpiece from Mbak Dee, and this time it felt even more relatable to me (if I could give 6 stars, I would, because this episode of Supernova to me is more amazing than the first one), or maybe I’m biased?

Well I guess so, because it tells a story about somebody who wanders. Around Southeast Asia, which was the first region I explored when I began my traveling habit. And to read it while I was traveling (to Japan, with quiet a tight agenda so that’s why it took
Izzatur Rahmaniyah
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Can't wait to read the following books :)
Tony Parulian
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good
Kamila Muyasarah
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
The last one! Completed my serial reading.
Alia Salsabila
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
CERDAS!
Henry Wijaya
Jun 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Henry by: Mas Lambang
Arururu
Wow, look at all those glittering five stars. And here, me, with my two stars. I know, I know, what the f is wrong with you, cin, am I right?

I only read this book because my office had required me to.

I really tried to like these supernova books, but it seems that I couldn't. It's just, boring for me, and I don't care much to know what's the meaning behind all the hint the author's been throwing. I think, the only stuff I enjoy from this book is the character and the sense
Frisca
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fajar Indra
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
It took a year for me to finish the book because after I read the first chapter, I stopped and put it in the box for almost a year. At first, I wasn't interested to continue reading the book because it seemed unrelated to the first book. Different from the first book which mix science theories with romance and drama with lovable characters, this second book has very unique character.

The main character is very unique, or odd I can say. Bodhi, a bald guy with abnormal head bone structure and seem
Anggi Avalokita
Feb 14, 2009 rated it liked it
I remember reading this book two times in a very different times. first, when I was in High School. this book was really made me confused. i read this book three times and i still didn't get the massage fully. however, when i learn philosophy, i remember about this book. after that, i felt like something 'click' in my mind. oh.. this was a book talking about.. what i like most from Dee's book is i will get new perspective when I read Supernova in different time. Supernova is Dee's masterpiece be ...more
Amy
Jan 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Sooo different with the first book. I don't know whether I like the superpower thingy the main character has. However the idea of living for nothing (or living for living itself) is really refreshing, since not many people do it and now I can read, instead of just imajining, what it feels like. It's kinda fun to know that wherever you walk, you can find nice people to be your friends, and when you have no money at all, someone coincidentally help you.
It's really interesting to go around th
Aqmarina Andira
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this second series, Dewi Lestari take a step back from all of the huge spectacular language, and start to create and raise a spectacular character in a simple honest way, instead. This book tells us about an ex-monk that transform into a punk tattooist because of his amazing adventure around South-East Asia. One hell of a great idea. The setting, the supporting characters, the conflict, the knowledge, it’s all so believable. I can't judge whether the story is good or bad, because basically it ...more
Runi Virzia
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
this is my favorite book among the supernova series. you might think that the main character of this book is kinda confusing like, dee doesn't give any explanation about who this man actually is, where does he come from, why this why that. she left us with so many questions. but that's the point of it. she wants us to think critically towards the story, she wants us to dig even deeper, not only see it on the surface. i love how the places inside this book has been described, too.
Amellina
Oct 09, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Travelers
Shelves: favorites
I really love this book. I love traveling, and this book gives me the sensation of backpackers' pleasure.

Ms. Dewi Lestari has succeeded in telling me a funny, endearing tale about Bodhi, a guy who's weird in an extraordinary way. Great story told in her great style of writing, both of which I give my admiration.

Bodhi has definitely become one of my favorite fictional characters! :)
Sorayya
Oct 03, 2007 rated it it was ok
I just couldn't fall in love with bodhi as i fell in love with diva, ferre, or elektra (characters from other supernova series). I think this book is way too serious by the time i read it, and i don't feel like reading the book again anytime soon (or ever?).

But still I love dee's writing and can't wait for her next books :)
Ratu Avia Rahimah
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As always, Dee never failed to get me amazed. She made spiritual and supernatural topics - that used to feel so holy, so taboo and probably just a few of religious/superstitious nerds would like to discuss - now very fascinating and kind of cool since she described them in a journal of the main character who is a handsome backpacker/tattooist namely Bodhi.
Arinamidalem
Jul 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dee, indonesian
yes!! It was Amazing!!
dapat yg edisi pertama..
I was expecting Dee's foot note, but I got a much better one! I did not expect the story to be that wild and sexy .. and it was a surprise. I keep wondering someday, somewhere I can meet this guy..ha..ha..ha!
tattoo me a star.. no, not Ishtar - I'm jealous ^_^

Qoenyeet
Aug 08, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
The best from all three (not mention the 4th one, which hasnt been published).

Very extraordinary adventure life of Bodhi. An ordinary monk who doesnt know about his past and the power he has and what actually he is. This book will brings you to a great adventure troughout places that you cant imagine.
Natasia Angel
I really love the story. It's about a Buddhist (not really, he just grew up in a vihara, was taken care by a Sifu) who was trying to define who he was. So he travelled across Southeast Asia and then came back to Indonesia again. As usual, Supernova is fantastic book, the way Dee wrote it is brilliant.
Dwi
May 06, 2008 rated it liked it
only one sentence that fit for this book. it's hard. we have to concentrate when read it. there's so many lines that have a very deep interpretation. read it slowly so you can really understand what the meaning behind those lines or maybe you can read it several times. fascinating book but also a hard one.
Patty
Sep 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I think this is the best of the supernova lot. Some of it reminds me of Alex Garland's The Beach. I like that Bodhi is an anti hero and has a lot of substance and the self searching journey is just amazing.
Nururulaeni
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Bodhi, unique creature. It's inspiring novel about being brave against the world you've never met before. Finding yourself in the middle of uncertainty. What do you need is just keep walking. Let your heart guides you.
Mohammad Iqbal Rizki Pratama
This one is what you called a heavy book. Technically i finished it in a month duh! In some ways it is mildly offensive. But it emphasize on the literature it brings. I'd say I have to finish the sequel in order to get the real meaning storyline.
Putu Novi
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my second favourite title from all six titles in the Supernova series by Dee Lestari. I love how Dee writes about its main character, Bodhi.

The element of surprise from this title is not as much as the first one. But everything about Bodhi's life is intriguing for me.
Lidya Chu
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Akar is good! Though the story is more serious compared to other Supernova series, the story itself is good. The plot pace is consistent as usual, and shows the perfect balance of spirituality and reality. Worth to read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Matahari
  • Corat Coret di Toilet
  • Sabtu Bersama Bapak
  • Negeri Di Ujung Tanduk
Dee Lestari, is one of the bestselling and critically acclaimed writers in Indonesia.
Born in January 20, 1976, she began her debut with a serial novel: Supernova in 2001. Supernova’s first episode, Kesatria, Putri, dan Bintang Jatuh (The Knight, The Princess, and The Falling Star), was sold phenomenally, achieving a cult status among Indonesian young readers. She has published four other episodes

Supernova (6 books)
  • Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
  • Supernova: Petir
  • Partikel
  • Gelombang
  • Inteligensi Embun Pagi (Supernova, #6)
“Kita memang tak pernah tahu apa yang dirindukan sampai sesuatu itu tiba di depan mata.” 292 likes
“Sungai menjadi jalan pulangnya ke rumah tak berwadak, tapi ia selalu tahu di mana harus mengetuk pintu” 32 likes