Start by marking “Supernova: Akar” as Want to Read:
Supernova: Akar

Supernova: Akar

(Supernova #2)

Talita Luna
Kesejatian hidup ada pada batu kerikil yang tertendang ketika kau melangkah
menyusuri jalan. Kesejatian hidup ada pada selembar daun kering yang gugur
tertiup angin. Kesejatian hidup ada air susu ibu yang yang merelakan puting
payudaranya diisap oleh bayi manapun. Di
Vihara Pit Yong Kiong, Pasuruan, di pelabuhan Belawan, di Penang, di
Bangkok, di Laos, di Golden Tria
Published November 2002 by Truedee Books (first published 2002)

Start your review of Supernova: Akar
Irwan
Aug 23, 2007 rated it did not like it
Shelves: finished
A popular Indonesian novel. I read the prequel of this trilogy (?). I cant remember much from the previous one. I am quite sure I had a good time and was impressed reading it. I remember an expression "badai serotonin", the serotonin storm! Not bad!

Having said that, I found it difficult to enter the realm of this novel until I changed my attitude to the one I use when I read a scifi/fantasy novel. The striking quality of this novel is its inovative creativity, sometimes bordering ambitious. It i
Doofenshmirtz
Jul 05, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, indo
I didn't like the book at all; it was too sloppily written. It was as if the author wrote whatever came to her mind and never bothered with a little process called "editing." There is also the interview I recall reading in which the author admitted to not being a big reader, which boggled my mind to no end. To be a good writer, one has to at least like to read. What, did she publish this book as a joke? (What saddens me, of course, is the fact of how popular her books ended up being. How is this ...more
bahamoet
Sep 01, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Open-Minded Ones, Journey Man
Nearly the same feeling about the previous book Dee wrote. But one thing special about this book, and my favorite too, is it tells about a journey of life.

The story is about a young man who spend most of his first life in the Buddhist Temple environment. He knows that himself has miracles, and he must do a journey to find about his destiny.

The journey itself is very adventurous. Full of tasks and obstacles from one place to other place.

I believe those who likes journey story will find this book
dawnie
Jun 07, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's not what I expected. I thought there would be another episode of Reuben and Dimas creating another character. But no, it's a new main character on his own story.

Surprisingly, the storyline is much better than the first one! The adventure, the friendship, the fantasy. I like it!

Some part is not so enjoyable to read, but at least it's not some telenovela-kind-of script like the first book.
Ranty  Dewi
Jun 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dee's fans
..bought of out of curiosity. thank God it's Thai, a backpacker and a tattoo artist, otherwise it would be a very boring book.
Nadia Refaniadewi
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
One of the most influential book for me.
Vicky Amin
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
Another breathtaking masterpiece from Mbak Dee, and this time it felt even more relatable to me (if I could give 6 stars, I would, because this episode of Supernova to me is more amazing than the first one), or maybe I’m biased?

Well I guess so, because it tells a story about somebody who wanders. Around Southeast Asia, which was the first region I explored when I began my traveling habit. And to read it while I was traveling (to Japan, with quiet a tight agenda so that’s why it took me 10 days l
dokso joha
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
reading this book makes me feel that i was searchin the real me together with Bodhi. i really love how dee lestari portrait the journey and i really love Bodhi and Kell friendship its just really beautiful.

reading this book makes me wonder that i live because i still have unfinished business like kell and it makes me wonder whether i can have my own journey to find myself the real me.

my fav quotes in this book is " "hidup ini relatif" ujarnya perlahan " apa yang kamu pikir salah disini bisa ja
Anindya
I like this one better than the first Supernova series. This one is more adventurous, although I'm still not sure about the plot. There's way less theoretical discussions (or probably none at all?) with more diverse characters. One of the main characters in the first book was briefly mentioned in the beginning of the second book, but the main plot of the second book does not have any connection at all with the first.
Izzatur Rahmaniyah
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Can't wait to read the following books :)
Tony Parulian
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good
Derry Purwanti
The best of the Supernova series..
Kamila Muyasarah
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
The last one! Completed my serial reading.
Alia Salsabila
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
CERDAS!
Henry Wijaya
Jun 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Henry by: Mas Lambang
aru
Wow, look at all those glittering five stars. And here, me, with my two stars. I know, I know, what the f is wrong with you, cin, am I right?

I only read this book because my office had required me to.

I really tried to like these supernova books, but it seems that I couldn't. It's just, boring for me, and I don't care much to know what's the meaning behind all the hint the author's been throwing. I think, the only stuff I enjoy from this book is the character and the sense of humor. I don't even
Frisca Nissa
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fajar Indra
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
It took a year for me to finish the book because after I read the first chapter, I stopped and put it in the box for almost a year. At first, I wasn't interested to continue reading the book because it seemed unrelated to the first book. Different from the first book which mix science theories with romance and drama with lovable characters, this second book has very unique character.

The main character is very unique, or odd I can say. Bodhi, a bald guy with abnormal head bone structure and seem
Amy
Jan 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Sooo different with the first book. I don't know whether I like the superpower thingy the main character has. However the idea of living for nothing (or living for living itself) is really refreshing, since not many people do it and now I can read, instead of just imajining, what it feels like. It's kinda fun to know that wherever you walk, you can find nice people to be your friends, and when you have no money at all, someone coincidentally help you.
It's really interesting to go around the worl
Anggi Avalokita
Feb 14, 2009 rated it liked it
I remember reading this book two times in a very different times. first, when I was in High School. this book was really made me confused. i read this book three times and i still didn't get the massage fully. however, when i learn philosophy, i remember about this book. after that, i felt like something 'click' in my mind. oh.. this was a book talking about.. what i like most from Dee's book is i will get new perspective when I read Supernova in different time. Supernova is Dee's masterpiece be ...more
Aqmarina Andira
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this second series, Dewi Lestari take a step back from all of the huge spectacular language, and start to create and raise a spectacular character in a simple honest way, instead. This book tells us about an ex-monk that transform into a punk tattooist because of his amazing adventure around South-East Asia. One hell of a great idea. The setting, the supporting characters, the conflict, the knowledge, it’s all so believable. I can't judge whether the story is good or bad, because basically it ...more
Runi Virzia
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
this is my favorite book among the supernova series. you might think that the main character of this book is kinda confusing like, dee doesn't give any explanation about who this man actually is, where does he come from, why this why that. she left us with so many questions. but that's the point of it. she wants us to think critically towards the story, she wants us to dig even deeper, not only see it on the surface. i love how the places inside this book has been described, too.
Qoenyeet
Aug 08, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
The best from all three (not mention the 4th one, which hasnt been published).

Very extraordinary adventure life of Bodhi. An ordinary monk who doesnt know about his past and the power he has and what actually he is. This book will brings you to a great adventure troughout places that you cant imagine.
Sorayya
Oct 03, 2007 rated it it was ok
I just couldn't fall in love with bodhi as i fell in love with diva, ferre, or elektra (characters from other supernova series). I think this book is way too serious by the time i read it, and i don't feel like reading the book again anytime soon (or ever?).

But still I love dee's writing and can't wait for her next books :)
Amellina
Oct 09, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Travelers
Shelves: favorites
I really love this book. I love traveling, and this book gives me the sensation of backpackers' pleasure.

Ms. Dewi Lestari has succeeded in telling me a funny, endearing tale about Bodhi, a guy who's weird in an extraordinary way. Great story told in her great style of writing, both of which I give my admiration.

Bodhi has definitely become one of my favorite fictional characters! :)
Dwi
May 06, 2008 rated it liked it
only one sentence that fit for this book. it's hard. we have to concentrate when read it. there's so many lines that have a very deep interpretation. read it slowly so you can really understand what the meaning behind those lines or maybe you can read it several times. fascinating book but also a hard one.
Arinamidalem
Jul 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indonesian, dee
yes!! It was Amazing!!
dapat yg edisi pertama..
I was expecting Dee's foot note, but I got a much better one! I did not expect the story to be that wild and sexy .. and it was a surprise. I keep wondering someday, somewhere I can meet this guy..ha..ha..ha!
tattoo me a star.. no, not Ishtar - I'm jealous ^_^

Natasia Angel
I really love the story. It's about a Buddhist (not really, he just grew up in a vihara, was taken care by a Sifu) who was trying to define who he was. So he travelled across Southeast Asia and then came back to Indonesia again. As usual, Supernova is fantastic book, the way Dee wrote it is brilliant.
Ratu Avia Rahimah
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As always, Dee never failed to get me amazed. She made spiritual and supernatural topics - that used to feel so holy, so taboo and probably just a few of religious/superstitious nerds would like to discuss - now very fascinating and kind of cool since she described them in a journal of the main character who is a handsome backpacker/tattooist namely Bodhi.
Helga Soenimanggar
Aug 07, 2007 rated it really liked it
i love Bodhi,, he so unique character and his attidude unbelievable, the way he thingking very not ordinary,, and Dee really nie to write it nd can be really good story,, congrats for Dee,, i love your book DEE.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Jakarta Sebelum Pagi
  • Hujan Bulan Juni
  • Bulan
  • Tidak Ada New York Hari Ini
Dee Lestari, is one of the bestselling and critically acclaimed writers in Indonesia.
Born in January 20, 1976, she began her debut with a serial novel: Supernova in 2001. Supernova’s first episode, Kesatria, Putri, dan Bintang Jatuh (The Knight, The Princess, and The Falling Star), was sold phenomenally, achieving a cult status among Indonesian young readers. She has published four other episodes:

Supernova (6 books)
  • Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
  • Supernova: Petir
  • Partikel
  • Gelombang
  • Inteligensi Embun Pagi (Supernova, #6)

News & Interviews

“Kita memang tak pernah tahu apa yang dirindukan sampai sesuatu itu tiba di depan mata.” 293 likes
“Sungai menjadi jalan pulangnya ke rumah tak berwadak, tapi ia selalu tahu di mana harus mengetuk pintu” 32 likes