Start by marking “Judge, Tome 1 :” as Want to Read:
Judge, Tome 1 :

Judge, Tome 1 : (Judge #1)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  881 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
Après avoir indirectement causé la mort de son propre frère, Hiro vit rongé par le remords. Deux ans ont passé quand il se réveille soudain dans le noir, menotté et coiffé d’un mystérieux masque de lapin. Au bout d’un couloir, le corps sans vie d’un adolescent, et sept autres victimes terrifiées, enfermées dans une étrange salle de tribunal. Mais aucun d’entre eux n’est vr ...more
Published June 30th 2011 by Ki-Oon (first published August 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Judge, Tome 1 , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judge, Tome 1

Veronica Morfi
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rating for whole series: 4.5/5

The first three or so volumes were a bit slower from what I am used to with Tonogai's stories but once the revelations started there was no stopping.

Judge is a game of judgement (dah!). For Judge 9 players are abducted, each one has one of the 7 deadly sins to be judged for. Every 12 hours they have to vote for the one of them that will be killed. Simple, right? NO!

When 9 strangers are put together in an abandoned house (or whatever that thing was) and the rules o
Michael (Mai)
I'm re-reading this book in English. I started this series in Japan and think I got up to volume three before I moved. I'm glad to see that it's available in the US. I was really invested in this the first time around and was wanting to know how things would turn out. I guess I will this time.

In this first volume we get our first impressions from our new group of unfortunates. It's a big mind trip and I love it. It's not exactly ground breaking but it's at least entertainign.
Julie
This is very similar to Doubt but I still find the plot line intriguing. Perhaps because it reminds me of the Saw movies. Maybe they even influenced the creation of this manga. It is still slightly confusing at the moment, I'm assuming because some of the translations online seem a bit iffy so I think I'll purchase a physical copy to help with that.
Gunslingerdog
As of right now, I have read past 10 chapters. Liking it just like I did with Doubt.

Mistrust is my perfect topping - just not on my cake.

Hope to review the entire series once all of it is released.
Yousra & Books
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Not as gore as I excpeted but still a good manga !
Amber
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
interested in seeing where this goes. wished the volume was longer as it ended on an odd note
Sara
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Overall found this series to be a very good read. I read and own all six volumes of this series, and found it to be a well written mystery that kept me guess the whole time. Good plot and good story pace, decent artwork along with some nicely colored pages, and a mix of characters to relate to, become suspicious of or trust, make for an enjoyable manga series. There is some violence and 'strong' language, but all are well placed and don't take anything away from the story.
Brittaina
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting, how he uses animals to represent the sins, but I'd thought that a rabbit would've represented lust, not envy. It would be hard to judge others for their sins when they've all did something, unless one of them turns out to be a child molester or something. Waiting 'til I get the next one!
Evey
Reminded me about Real Account, though this volume was way slower.
Pippa
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,75 stars.

This was definitely a setup for the rest of the series.
Montserrat Esteban
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Es un muy buen comienzo de saga, me ha encantado y estoy deseando leer los siguiente tomos
Séverine
Apr 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Quand Judge est arrivé dans nos contrées, il ne m'a pas du tout attiré. Rien qu'à la couverture et au speech, je voyais en lui une fausse suite de Doubt et j'en étais pas loin. Un scénario proche de Doubt. Des personnages qui ressemblent physiquement comme psychologiquement à ceux de Doubt. Des masques et des straps comme dans Doubt. Un lieu qui ressemble à celui de Doubt. Sauf que maintenant ils sont neuf à choisir qui mourra au lieu d'une gamine complètement dérangée. Sauf qu'ils ne sont pas m ...more
Yoda Bor
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Il y a deux ans, Hiro a indirectement causé la mort de son frère aîné.

Aujourd’hui, il se réveille prisonnier, menotté, et couvert d’un masque d’un lapin. Mais il n’est pas seul. Avec lui, sept autres personnes et tous sont accusés d’être coupables de crimes restés impunis et d’incarner un péché capital.
Envie, paresse, colère, avarice, gourmandise, orgueil, luxure.

Face à eux, caché dans l’ombre, un tribunal se met en place. Et à chaque fois que le compte à rebours arrive à 0, le groupe doit sacri
Aaron Not Now
a grim and bloody mystery; more like a one time shop if I were to ever compare to anything outside my room. but I guess that's the reality of mystery. once you ate a sandwich, it's gone, much like this story. mind you it is a nice tasty treat but the series ultimately for me lacked a sort of authenticity i was looking for; sure the animals and there respective sins fall in line but they don't pan out or give that raw determination that I expected from a dungeon fight to survive scenario.

On anoth
Kate
Nov 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: age-ya, manga, horror, 2013
This series is separate from the author's previous series Doubt, Vol. 1, but based on a similar concept: several strangers awaken locked in a room. I had mentioned that Doubt was very similar to the "Saw" movies and so is this one, although in Doubt the strangers were playing a game similar to one known in America as "werewolf" or "Mafia" - the lights go out, someone dies, and then when the lights come back on, the remaining people need to figure out who the killer is.

Here, the strangers awaken
Katy
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
So far, I like this better than the Doubt series, although a lot of my complaints about that one are the same here: the art is boring/not original, the story is a bit predictable. Other choices were pretty predictable, too--for example, choosing a pig for gluttony and a lion for pride. The characters feel like I already know them, and yet they aren't fully fleshed out at all. They're more walking stereotypes--quiet gay kid, loud rambunctious punk, snappy girl with boobs. I'm hoping they'll get m ...more
Tara
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-anime
4.5 stars. (Note: this is a review for the whole series)

The story itself is very similar to one of the author's previous works, Doubt. Because of that, I can't help but compare them. Overall, I personally preferred Doubt.

However, Judge out-shined Doubt in certain aspects including overall story because it simply seemed to come together much more than Doubt's story. Also, I felt that the overall theme of judging seemed to give this story a bit more of a purpose.

My only real problems for Judge we
Mark
Hiroyuki Sakurai tidak pernah mengira, niatnya untuk menyatakan cinta pada seorang gadis secara tidak langsung justru berakibat pada kematian abangnya, Atsuya Sakurai, secara mengenaskan. Didera perasaan bersalah, ia memutuskan untuk selalu merahasiakan hal ini dari semua orang.

Hingga suatu saat, dia terbangun dari mimpi aneh dan menemukan dirinya berada di sebuah ruangan di suatu tempat antah-berantah, sedang mengenakan topeng kepala kelinci. Bersamanya di ruangan itu setidaknya ada 9 orang la
Y
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Things I love: plot, suspense level, incredible ability to keep you on your toes and always second-guessing your own feelings on everything from morality to who the killer is.

Things I don't love: characters (verrrrry stereotypical), ending (I've grown to like it... but it'll make no sense the first time; I promise), fact that this story is written in 1st person (meaning that it shows the main character's thoughts-- you'll agree with me on this one if you know how it ends.)

Overall? I do recommend
Little_blue_leaf
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
From beginning to end this book was a awfully slow and boring book to read. some people may like it but not me. Now when I read about it online the concept actually looked great but dear god there is nothing entertaining or special about this book. It ends on a cliff hanger and I purchased and read books 2 & 3 and it didn't help at all. I was absolutely disappointed with my purchase. But there is the possibility that I'm just not an manga guy. Maybe I just don't enjoy reading manga. But gues ...more
I'mogén
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Despite the low rating, I most likely will be continuing this manga, purely for the fact that it's something quick and I feel as though it will become better.
Exactly as my initial thoughts perceived it is just like Danganronpa, even the characters themselves are similar. e.g. #1 the girl with the glasses in both have some form of hysteria in parts. e.g. #2 stuffed animals...
There wasn't much story developement but that is what
I'm hoping for in the next volumes. I'm sure it'll become more beefy
Gally
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5 stars ~ From Yoshiki Tonogai, creator of Doubt, Vol. 1, comes another "locked-room" mystery, complete with creepy animal heads! The first volume feels a lot like Doubt -- same art, more teen tragedy and death, slow and suspenseful pace, etc. -- so if you liked that, you'll like this. Plenty of egos and ideas clashing among the nine sinners who must judge who among them will be the first to die.
Anita
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ez egy marhára beteg játék.

Tényleg hasonlít a Yoshiki Tonogai: Doubt (francia) mangára – mind a karakterek kinézete, mind a sok, weird állatfej. Amúgy az elején elbizonytalanodtam a cuki romantikus felvezetésen, kezdtem aggódni, hogy egy groteszk horrormanga… de az.
Ráadásul tippem sincs, kinek a túléléséért lennék képes drukkolni, ugyanis nagyjából megvetem mindannyiukat. Hmm, hmm.

A manga rajzolása tetszik, akárcsak a karaktereké. Egy ilyen állatfejnek nem annyira örülnék a szobámban. Elég para
Jenna
I don't know if it's because I've read Doubt that this new series felt too familiar and not as intriguing as the rest. It could have been that I wasn't in the mood for psychological drama (too draining!) where you second guess the motives of strangers, rather than a mystery thriller where to try to find the Wolf in the mass of rabbits before you get killed...

Nice drawing style that belies the horror within the story itself...

Wish we had a bit more character interaction before the trial and evil
Sarah Rosenberger
Apr 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Cross the movie Se7en with the movie Saw, and you've got an idea what Judge is like. A group of strangers are kidnapped and wake up in a courtroom wearing animal masks. They quickly find out that they have all been deemed sinners, and each day, will have to vote on which of them will be killed as a sacrifice. Only 4 will survive.

I thought this was an interesting premise, but this volume was mostly set-up, and not much happened. I also had a hard time telling all the characters apart. Still, I'll
Tanya
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I discovered this book while perusing a comic book shop. Reading the synopsis on the back I was intrigued about where this Manga would go. It sounded to me a lot like the movie Saw, where people were abducted and forced to make tough decisions. I like that the violence isn't senseless, and that you have one character who wants to take the high road and have everybody come out of the experience alive. This is my favorite Manga of the year.
Bookishrealm
Okay so I'm going to be honest here and say I have no idea how I felt about this book. Don't get me wrong the illustrations and the concept/idea is amazing, but I'm still debating if I like where this story line is going. I'll have to read the rest of the volumes to get a better feel for everything.
Kascia
It was interesting, however, it isn't the type I would normally read. I only read it since it was on a recommended list. I do believe I would like to read the second volume so I can decide better if it's worth reading. Besides that, I do see the appeal that it has. If you like a darker feel to your manga, this would be one you might enjoy.
Brianna
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is still a little hard to read, but I think that might come from my inexperience with manga and what things mean! I would give it three stars based on that, but I chose four based on how purely entertaining it was. I AM ANGRY THAT IT STOPPED ON SUCH A CLIFFHANGER. I want the second one, like, now. I will continue to read and enjoy this series, I think. I am so hooked on manga.
Tif
I'm a little cautious going into this series because I really dug Doubt until the ending. It was creepy and suspenseful and then the ending was just awful and suffered from soap opera drama. I'm afraid this will be much of the same- it already feels the same. I'm curious and intrigued and hooked and I just know it's going to disappoint me somewhere down the road.
  • Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc, Vol. 2
  • Are You Alice? 1巻
  • Cage of Eden 3
  • Btooom!, Vol. 02 (Btooom!, #2)
  • Liar Game, Volume 1 (Liar Game, #1)
  • Ajin: Demi-Human, Vol. 2 (Ajin: Demi-Human, #2)
  • Highschool of the Dead, Band 3
  • With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child (With the Light, #5)
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 2