Start by marking “Key of Valor (Key Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Key of Valor (Key Trilogy, #3)

Key of Valor

(Key Trilogy #3)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  30,451 Ratings  ·  697 Reviews
What happens when the very gods depend on mortals for help?

That's what three very different young women find out when they are invited to Warrior's Peak.

Light and knowledge have succeeded in their quest, and two of the keys have been found. Both Malory and Dana had taken their turns. The final, and last, test goes to Zoe McCourt - valor.

Now it was her burden, her risk. Her
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published January 1st 2004 by Berkley Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Key of Valor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Key of Valor

Dina
Feb 03, 2009 rated it liked it
This final installment in the Key trilogy was the weakest for me. I don't know, maybe I shouldn't have read all three books in a row, because reading about the tale of the three demigoddesses' souls trapped in a box of glass and how three mortal women, the heroines, were destined to find the "keys" to release them got a bit stale this time around. It was pretty much the same basic thing all over again, and neither Zoe nor Brad, the couple du jour, was compelling enough to engage my full interest ...more
Dilara
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sevdiğim serilerin sonuna gelmek beni her zaman üzer. Hele ki bunlar Anahtar Serisi gibi içinde her şeyi barındıran türlenden ise.
Malory, Dana ve Zoe, üçüncü kitap ile Kelt tanrıçalarını serbest bırakmakta son adıma geliyorlar. Son olarak kendi anahtarını bulma sırası Zoe’deydi. Ve ona yardım edecek kişi de Brad.
Zoe’in yüzünü süsleyen tabloyu görür görmez alan ve onu yıllar sonra karşısında kanlı canlı bulan Brad’in nasıl hissettiğini tahmin edebilirsiniz.
Erkek karakterimizin Zoe’ye karşı olan s
Mary
Sep 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Of all the Key books, at a glance, it was the title of this book that already spoke volumes to me.

Fiction books have always captured me. Being able to slip into worlds I'll never step foot on. Stepping into the shoes of the hero. Feeling the laughter bubble in my gut when the humor and sarcasm of such characters pop out of the page. The warm feeling of sunlight in my chest when I see the clarity and intensity of love between family, friends and lovers. I can keep going with many more euphemisms
Kimberley doruyter
good ending to a good trilogy.
i will be reading more nora roberts in future.
Aly
Apr 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Magic, destiny and gods, that's the new reality of Zoe McCourt for the past two months. The preparations for the upcoming opening of three new combined shop at the same adress with her friends are well advanced. Malory will handle the art galery, Dana manage the library/tea room and Zoe have the beauty salon. But now it's her time to search for the last key to save the souls of three goddesses. The pressure is stronger on her since Dana and Mallory already found theirs so if she fail, everyone l ...more
Andreea
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the relationship between Simon and Brad..
Jacob Proffitt
Nov 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
The best of the trilogy, though not by a huge margin. If you've read the others, you know what you're getting into so I'll keep my remarks short.

At the start, Roberts takes Simon (Zoe's son) off the table as an attack vector for Cain. This is absolutely essential to prevent Simon from taking over the story. Also, it allows Brad to develop a natural relationship with Simon and seeing that evolve was a lot of the charm of the book.

I was a bit worried that Zoe would make a lousy warrior type and wa
Nancy Brady
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
The third and final book in this trilogy equals the first two. It's Zoe's quest to find the third and final key to unlock the Daughters of Glass. Added into the mix is romance and intrigue as she examines her past in light of her present. Kane tries to tempt her into giving into despair while Bradley does his utmost to win the love of Zoe, the warrior of the trio that includes Dana and Malory.

Will she succeed in finding the key before her month is up, or will the quest be a failure? What does he
Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah*
"I think you should do what makes you happy. And sometimes doing what makes you happy is harder and scarier than doing what's safe."

In this third and last book in Nora Robert's Key trilogy Zoe must come to terms with her past and her present if she is to locate the final key, the Key of Valor, and release the three daughters from their imprisonment.

I really can't say enough about this series. It is such a perfect blend of magic, mystery, and romance. I loved learning more about Zoe in this book
Cyndi
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Such a wonderful book!!! This ends the trilogy of the keys. And, it goes out with a bang! Nora Roberts has the gift of bringing all three books together seamlessly, building on the excitement in each book, then wrapping it all up to a beautiful happy ending.
Stephanie Tracy
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really solid series by Nora, and this final installment might be the strongest of all. I loved Zoe McCourt, her sweet son, Simon, and her relationship with Brad. I loved the angst and tension surrounding the search for the final missing key - the one that would finally unlock the trapped souls of three demigoddesses. Beyond the far-fetched, at times silly, story line, I really was totally absorbed in this book.

Zoe's past was not an easy one. She'd grown up in a trailer park, with an
Liza Wiemer
This may have been my favorite of all three. But then again, reading these back to back made the experience so much better and satisfying! Love the Irish mythology and the HEAs!
Melis
Serinin son kitabı.. yine güzeldi. Özellikle Simon'a bayıldım. O küçük oğlan nedense beni benden aldı 😍 Başka bir şey yazmama gerek yok zira Nora ablayı biliyoruz..
Tammy
Kathy
Feb 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Zoe and Bradley...and Simon...

Zoe - hairdresser, mother, resourceful, ... Pitte refers to her as both Little Warrior and Little Mother. Abandoned by father, oldest of 4, mother a hairdresser from their trailer... at 16 she fell in 17 year old, son of one of her mother's rich client. When she comes up pregnant, he abadones her and her mother ridicules her. She leaves home, and begins a path to caring for herself and Simon.

Simon is now 10... they live in a small house of their own, where she did a
Lauren
Aug 08, 2012 rated it liked it
A satisfying end to a pretty decent trilogy. It was a little predictable after reading the 1st 2 novels but that's to be expected with trilogies like this.

In the first & second book I was a very big fan of Zoe but once I read her story... I didn't really care for her too much. But she is a loving mother & very much a Little Warrior.

Brad - the good guy, perfection on earth, there was absolutely nothing wrong with him... and yet - Ugh! Can you say boring?!?

Simon however was such a little c
Robin
Jun 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
It is true. I have no self-restraint and stayed up way too late reading this book (of course, it might also have something to do with drinking a latte at 5 in the afternoon!). Of the series, this was the story that I was most looking forward to reading. The first two books both offered lots of lead-up to this story of the third seeker, which was very appropriate considering the characters involved. Unfortunately, it just didn't satisfy whatever it was I was looking for. The lead-up in the previo ...more
Joshua
A lot of the same as the first two books, but nonetheless, a good conclusion to a solid trilogy.
I found all three books to be sharp, engaging, and witty. Roberts is good at mixing fantasy elements with contemporary fiction. Nothing profound or groundbreaking here, just a fun story. While I didn't find Zoe as interesting as Malory or Dana, I thought she was much more self aware and mature. I liked that all three girls were very different too.
Christine Kirchoff
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this awhile ago but forgot to post it here. Great book!
Alix
Jul 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
4.5 Stars. Yeah... this series is all about Zoe and Brad. And Simon. OMG he's an adorable sweetheart.

Reread: August 2013

Reread: September 2015
Carina Carvalho
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A conversa de homem para homem entre Simon e Brad é do melhor que há
Emily
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I love you Grandma, but thank goodness these are over. See my review for the first book.
Lakeyshia Mayo
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked the book but felt it didn't draw me in like the first two. there were times where my interest wasn't there. overall I rate it a 3 1/2 to 4 stars. I did love how Brad and Simon had a great relationship!!
Sophie
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: alt-reality, romance, uno
Fluffly light and good fun.
Anna Doe
*4 valor & courage stars*

Key of Valor is third, and last, book in Key trilogy. Books must be read in order.
First book is Key of Light: review
Second book is Key of Knowledge: review.

One more month. Four weeks until the end of the quest and only one woman, Zoe McCourt, left to find the last key to free souls of The Daughters of Glass. She had a difficult life - after her father left her family she had to help her mom raise her younger brothers and sisters and help provide for their life only
Silvana (Por detrás das Palavras)
A Chave da Coragem é o último livro da trilogia As Chaves de Nora Roberts. Trouxe este livro ao mesmo tempo que o seu antecessor para poder ler a série quase de seguida.
Com o último livro ficamos a conhecer a história de Zoe, a mulher responsável de encontrar a última chave que permitirá libertar as almas das Filhas de Vidro.

Zoe é uma mulher de coragem e desde o início que estava com curiosidade para saber o que é que o livro dedicado a ela lhe reservava. Ao longo destas páginas ficamos a conhe
Ana T.
Zoe McCourt is the last one to have to find the key, if she doesn't her friend's work will have been in vain and the Daughters of Glass will continue locked up in their coffins. Zoe is a single to Simon and a fighter. She has come a long way since she lived with her mother and 3 siblings in a trailer. But she doesn't feel that she has any special aptitude unlike Malory and Dana. She is also very uncomfortable with the fact that she is being courted by Bradley, who being a rich and educated execu ...more
Faye
Read: March 2016
Rating: 5/5 stars, best of 2016

The plot: in the final book of the trilogy it is Zoe’s turn to find the third and final key to free the Daughters of Glass from their prison. The stakes are higher for Zoe as she must keep her son safe, deal with her confusing feelings for Brad, and fend off more desperate attacks by the sorcerer Kane while searching for the key.

I have to say that going into this book I liked Zoe the least out of the three protagonists. I thought she was overly host
İlkim
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect Title 2 15 Jan 25, 2016 03:27PM
A Million More Pages: 3 - Key of Valor (Key Trilogy): Jul 15 2 9 Jun 06, 2015 08:31AM
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Divided in Death (In Death, #18)
  • Taken by Sin (Demon Hunters, #4)
  • Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, #3)

Key Trilogy (3 books)
  • Key of Light (Key Trilogy, #1)
  • Key of Knowledge (Key Trilogy, #2)
“Zoe” 0 likes
“Yes, that was part of it.” She linked her fingers, then pulled them apart. “It’s like another brick, Bradley, and I haven’t figured out if it’s like having that brick put down on a walk to give me a good, solid path or like having it mortared into a wall that’s closing me in.” He stared at her, astonished fury pulsing around him. “Who’s trying to close you in? That’s a hell of a thing to put on me, Zoe.” “It’s not you. It’s not about you. It’s about me. What I think, what I feel, what I do. And damn it, I can’t help it if it makes you mad that I have to decide if it’s a wall or a walk.” “A wall or a walk,” he repeated, then took a slug of beer. “Christ, I actually understand that. I’d rather I didn’t.” “It made me feel pushed, and I get mad when I’m pushed. It’s not your fault or your doing, but it doesn’t feel like it’s mine either. I guess I don’t like dealing with what’s not my fault or my doing.” “He was a stupid son of a bitch for letting you go.” She let out a sigh. “He didn’t let me go. He just didn’t hold on to me. And that stopped making me mad a long time ago.” She moved to the stove, took the lid off her pot. “There was something else that happened. I’m going to finish making this meal, and I’ll tell you and the others about it over dinner.” “Zoe.” He touched her shoulder, then opened a cupboard to look for plates. “About those bricks? You can always knock a wall down, and build a nice walk out of it.” 0 likes