Start by marking “Ghost in the Shell 1.5: Human-error Processor (Ghost in the Shell, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Ghost in the Shell 1.5: Human-error Processor (Ghost in the Shell, #1.5)

Ghost in the Shell 1.5: Human-error Processor

(Ghost in the Shell #1.5)

This volume presents for the first time in America the lost Ghost in the Shell stories, created by Masamune, but never collected until now. Deep into the 21st century, the line between man and machine has been inexorably blurred as humans rely on the enhancement of mechanical implants, and robots are upgraded with human tissue. Older teens.
Paperback, English Edition, 117 pages
Published October 30th 2007 by Dark Horse Manga (first published July 23rd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Ghost in the Shell 1.5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost in the Shell 1.5

Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
You can find my review on my blog by clicking here.

It’s hard to not acknowledge Ghost in the Shell as a critically-acclaimed franchise. The mere mention of its name has fans conniving against the naysayers. Although it all started with a manga series written and illustrated by Masamune Shirow, it’s the anime adaptations that were later created that truly blew the minds of a whole generation. The revolution that came with that creation propelled this franchise into the hall of fame and forever le
Gianfranco Mancini

Not as good as first volume, but I liked very much the fleshing and development of Batou, Togusa, Aramaki and all the Section 9 characters. They are just like old friends of me now.
osoi
Human-Error Processer состоит из отдельных расследований Section 9 в отсутствие Кусанаги. Бато, Тогуса и Арамаки все так же хороши, хотя в их мужской компании можно приуныть - без Майора пропала искра, адреналин понизился до уровня полицейских боевиков (или повысился? меня лично это в сон вгоняет). Фучикомы с блеском появляются на нескольких страницах, и ооочень жаль, что их было так мало; все-таки эти ребята - основной источник юмора :3
еще раз: СЛИШКОМ МАЛО ФУЧИКОМ :[

Все идеи, мироустройство и
Adam
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Slightly better in art and plot coherence than the first volume. It suffers greatly from the almost complete absence of the Major (it's unclear why Masamune would make that choice?) and is still not at all comparable to the excellence of Stand Alone Complex and 2nd GIG. It lacks an overarching plot, which was a good choice given the flop that was in volume one. It's not very long, at least.

The footnotes ramped up seriously in this volume too, and they went from endearing to kind of pathetic and
J.M. Giovine
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Following the events from the first book, Human Error Processer serves more as a compilation of unused stories for the first Ghost in the Shell, rather than a sequel, but Shirow Masamune stated that this could be taken as a prequel to the second book so, yeah, out of the confusion; let’s just consider this as a direct continuation. That being said, and considering how hard it would’ve been to overcome the first’s one success, this is a lighthearted and friendlier in tone, unlike its predecessor. ...more
Clodjee
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
GitS est sans aucun doute la meilleure histoire de cyberpunk que j’ai lu (mis à part l’oeuvre déterminante de Gibson). L’univers créé par Masamune Shirow est très complexe dans sa socio-politique et sa technologie. Cela fait que l’histoire est généralement assez difficile à suivre, surtout pour des novices, mais même aussi pour les fans de cyberpunk comme moi. Et le fait que son travail est chargé à rebord de détails (sur les arrière-plans ou les accessoires utilisés par les personnages — Shirow ...more
Robert
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Get's an extra star for having Mokoto reappear in Section 9's life (and thereby reconnecting with Batou who was the last to see her at the end of the first volume).

Also ties her into GitS 2.0/Volume two which was published before this one with the "Ms. Chroma" reference.

Overall, it's a series of "short-stories" focused on Section 9. So no "the Major/Mokoto" in it outside that one story. But it's fine, because it seems better focused and plotted than 2.0/Man-Machine Interface.

I think I prefer the
Rolando Marono
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: seinen-manga
The good:
-The art style, though it is not as detailed as Ghost in the shell 1, is cleanier, the action looks much better in this style.
-The characters Togusa and Batou are very funny and engaging, something that we didn't saw much in previous volumes.
-The last and the previous to last stories.

The bad:
-All of the stories looked the same.
-This volume was missing the things that make Ghost in the shell 1 and 2 very innovative, in this volume we have a lot of people controlled by other people thorug
Nihal Vrana
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
It is not in the same league as the first and not even with the second book. The first few stories are pretty weak and embroiled in technicalities. The suspense in the last story was interesting and made up for the rest of the book. The generally appealing things about Shirow books are already there, the designs, idiosyncratic commentaries, a well-thought futuristic setting etc. It is just not as strong as the other installments.
Ronald
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, cyberpunk, manga
This was an interesting collection of stories from the Ghost in the Shell universe. It spends most of its time with the secondary characters. Some of the art looks strange compared to what other stories I have read and in a couple of places the art / story panels feel out of order and mixed up. The footnotes were entertaining and makes it feel like the author was insecure about the story. Maybe not up to the standards of the original Ghost in the Shell still a good read.
Michael
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bridge between stronger volumes

While Shirow's style remains consistent, the cases in this volume are mere episodes. We get some glimpses into Section 9 after the Major's departure, but very little groundbreaking material. The imagination and technology after flung father in the other volumes. The material here shows the basis for Stand Alone Complex, but that series is overall stronger.
Brit
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As seem to be common practice for Ghost in the Shell this volume is familiar because of it influence on other versions of Ghost in the Shell. However it is also alittle confusing to fallow the diffrent story lines and how they interconnect. Also you don't get alot of the Major only one apperance in one story line. But I love Batou and enjoied those other characters interactions and interplay.
Jesus Flores
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
GITS 1.5
Aquí son mas bien historias de casos de la novena sección después de la desaparición de Makoto, y si bien ella interviene en un caso es bajo su nueva identidad Chroma.

Interesantes y mas enfocadas a la parte investigativa/policiaca.

Aun así, algunos temas interesantes, como el caso del cadáver andante, los traficantes de armas muertos.

4 stars
Terra
Jan 28, 2018 rated it liked it
The first time I heard of ghost in the shell was the movie version with Scarlett Johansson. I loved it. So when I saw this in the library I had to read it. My first Manga! It was fun but hard to read because the font was so small.
Eressea
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Batou, Togusa, Major y Fuchikoma son mis personajes favoritos :3
Kevin
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A much better effort that the first collected edition. I think the shorter vignettes are working better than the longer narrative.
Ward Muylaert
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Back to a nicer mix of technology and actual stories you can follow. Only thing missing now is an overarching storyline and conclusion.
Timothy Haggerty
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bit better.

Step up from Vol 1. Not quite so deep. Good crime stories. The Major is not the same from Vol 1. Much more professional.
David
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay for light entertainment but not a worthy followup to the original. I'm more fascinated by GITS 2.0.
Ernesto I. Ramirez
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, sci-fiction
Is an interesting book that allows us to see what happens with Division #9 after Motoko's forced retirement and a brief introduction to what the Mayor had become for Vol #2.

Interesting cases, but is not the same without Motoko.
Eric Johnson
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Shirow Masamune's work and along with Appleseed, GITS is of course one of my favorites. I think overall giving it a 4 out of 5 is a bit fair given his work so far. Not so much the quality but the Japanese original formatting is a bit annoying. It's again probably in respect to how he wanted it printed fine, but I think honestly a little more of the Major would have been good as well. Then again there is more to Section 9 than just the Major and I think that's good. She's a heavy-hitter in ...more
Nick Tramdack
Mar 10, 2011 rated it did not like it
I was a big fan of the original GITS manga, which I first read as a ninth-grader. Besides all the nudity and violence, the extremely well thought-through action sequences and worldbuilding moves stayed with me as a bar to try to hit when writing. In that work, Shirow struck a wonderful balance between verisimilitude, mysticism, mystery, politics, and giant robots kicking ass. I had to read it a number of times to get everything, but it was worth it.

Which was why I was so disappointed to read thi
V.M.
Jun 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Crisp, detailed drawings and a complex series of stories can't quite elevate a dry procedural above its roots. While I appreciate GITS and consider myself a huge fan, this volume left me a bit cold. The humour seemed somewhat off and crude/childish.
The plots were appropriate for the series and the genre, but we're honestly too dry for me.

The author's little footnotes, while at first seeming J interesting, quickly grew aggravating, as they seemed to be taking shortcuts around the narrative and m
Jonathan
Jan 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Masamune Shirow is one of my all time favorite artists, but remember, I am a guy, so take from that what you will. However, in terms of manga, he is the best. Not only is his art top notch, but his stories are so complicated and deep that one needs to follow government structure and political maneuvering to understand what is going on. Sure, you can just drool over the overly endowed, very very easy on the eye figured, scantily clad women, or, you can look at them and appreciate the world of cyb ...more
Andrew Huey
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I hadn't read any GITS material in quite some time, but I had this series sitting in my comics pile, and decided to read it today. It's a collection of four stand-alone stories. They're all basically "procedural" stories, detailing a single Section 9 investigation. There's a lot of high-concept sci-fi stuff here, as you'd expect.

Shirow includes a lot of entertaining footnotes, covering everything from Batou's seat belt usage habits to what kind of sandwich somebody is eating.

There's a lot of de
Andrewcharles420
Dec 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Less polished than its predecessor, Ghost in the Shell (which I rated 5/5 stars and left a more descriptive review!), and without the conceptually fascinating ending, but still a fun journey with familiar characters. An interesting aspect of my reading experience with this graphic novel is that my copy is somewhat less westernized than I had expected--in english, but with the reading direction from right to left (which left me moderately confused--but surprisingly not totally lost--until I figur ...more
Adriano Barone
Un volume dedicato alle indagini della sezione 9 dopo quello che succede a Motoko alla fine del primo volume. Le storie originalmente sono state pubblicate dal 1991 al 1996. Soffro nello scrivere che sono invecchiate maluccio. Che Shirow mascheri trame molto semplici con dialoghi complicati e che a volte partono totalmente per la tangente, invece, me n'ero accorto già all'epoca. Non è necessariamente un male, è una scelta stilistica. A volte gli riusciva (uso il passato perchè ormai da quanto no ...more
Naomi Bray
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was slightly confused by this book, but I think that may be because I wasn't aware of the back story to it. It is my husband's I saw it on our bookcase and thought it would be a nice easy read. I did really enjoy this book once i had an idea as to what was going on and it was really easy to read through. Some of the characters, not the main ones but the essentially bad guys were quite disturbing in the way they carried out their crimes. I highly suggest this to anyone who likes Sci-Fi future b ...more
Israel Laureano
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Más que una sinopsis o revisión, una advertencia: estas son historias de espionaje e investigación situadas en el universo de cyborgs, IAs, informatización creadas por Masamune Shirow, es un manga japonés que sigue los códigos y estilo del manga, GIT (Ghost in the Shell), la película animada de Mamoru Oshii, fue una adaptación del manga, esta es la versión real, requiere atención e inteligencia de parte del lector.
  • Ghost In the Shell 2: Innocence (Novel-Hard Cover): After the Long Goodbye
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Volume 2: Revenge of the Cold Machines
  • Crying Freeman, Vol. 4
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 07: Angel Of Chaos (Battle Angel Alita)
  • Noise
  • Akira, Vol. 5
  • Dorohedoro, Vol. 2
Masamune Shirow (士郎 正宗) is an internationally renowned manga artist. He is best known for the manga Ghost in the Shell, which has since been turned into two theatrical anime movies, two anime TV series, an anime TV movie, and several video games. Shirow is also known for creating erotic art.
Born in the Hyōgo Prefecture capital city of Kobe, he studied oil painting at Osaka University of Arts. Whil

Ghost in the Shell (3 books)
  • Ghost in the Shell (Ghost in the Shell, #1)
  • Ghost in the Shell 2: Man-machine Interface (Ghost in the Shell, #2)