Start by marking “Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type” as Want to Read:
Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type

Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type (Farmer Brown's Barnyard Tales)

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  61,427 Ratings  ·  1,937 Reviews
Farmer Brown has a problem. His cows like to type. All day long he hears:

Click, clack, moo.

But Farmer Brown's problems REALLY begin when his cows start leaving him notes...Come join the fun as a bunch of literate cows turn Farmer Brown's farm upside-down! This package includes a paperback book along with a CD of country music star Rand
Published October 4th 2011 by Little Simon (first published September 1st 1999)

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)
Nov 17, 2015 Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) by: Kat Stark

Hey! French fellows!

You don't understand this review? Check this. You're welcome.

All in all, an hilarious and original book. It gave bad ideas to my pupils though. Oh, well. Better now than never. We must preserve our reputation after all.

PS. I always knew ducks weren't worthy of trust. Just saying.
Elizabeth
HA HA! Workers of the world unite! I'm not sure how I accidentally checked out this book on how to explain union movements to your toddler, but this was a h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s, bizarre, and unexpected read.
Anne
Jan 19, 2009 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-children
All of my kids have loved this one! Especially the ending where Duck takes off with the typewriter!
Jackie "the Librarian"
Oct 29, 2007 Jackie "the Librarian" rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cow lovers everywhere
You gotta watch out for those smart cows. Once they realize their power over farmers, there is no end to what they might ask for. Room service. Extra towels. Facials. And you know what THAT means - the price of ice cream will skyrocket!
Never let a cow near a typewriter, that's all I'm saying.
Kathryn
Amusing though smacked a little too much of labor strikes and typical corporate bad guys vs. dissatisfied workers for my taste... I know, I know, it is a kids book, though, and it IS hilarious to think of those cows click-clack-mooing away in the barn! :-)
Philip
Jun 22, 2016 Philip rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Perhaps the most comprehensive book ever written on understanding labor dispute.
Chim Cụt
Apr 04, 2016 Chim Cụt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
QUYỂN SÁCH CÁCH MẠNG

Bò đánh máy mở đường cho con gái đến với thế giới sách nói chung và sách ít chữ nhiều tranh đẹp mê ly nói riêng. Ờ thì dù chưa biết chữ nhưng con nghe mẹ đọc vậy chắc cũng không khác mấy với mẹ nghe sách nói.

Mẹ đã cố gắng nhập vai tốt nhất có thể, đầu tiên là bò, sau đó là vịt. Một lần, hai lần còn thú vị, chứ đến lần thứ n - khi mà trang sách đã khá nhàu rồi á - thì mẹ chả thích thú gì nữa, vì cứ phải b ò ò ò, b ò ò ò, b ò ò ò..., quạc, quạc, quạc... liên tục thôi. Con gái h
Krystal
Mar 01, 2009 Krystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author: Doreen Cronin

Illustrator: Betsy Lewin

Genre: Fiction Picture Book

Publication Info: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing : 2000

Reading Level: Ages 4-8; Early Reader

Topic/Theme: Animal Rights/ Strike

Issues Addressed: Whether animals should be given rights on the farm. Does the farmer have the right to keep the animals produce? Social issues: stereotypical farmer and farm setting

Classroom Uses: Read Aloud, Individual Reading, Shared Reading

Summary: The animals on the farm find a typ
Marieke
Jun 02, 2016 Marieke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to give this book five stars. It's so fun to read and the artwork is wonderful. But the little 17-month old in whose library it now belongs, is a little slow to warm up to new books. So I'm withholding a star until he responds to it the way he does to Little Blue Truck and Go, Dogs, Go!
Rossy
Jun 07, 2016 Rossy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Smart cows! Really fun :)
midnightfaerie
Jun 20, 2013 midnightfaerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Not so much a preschool aged book as for older children. My 5 yr old got a kick out of it and paid attention throughout. The illustrations were adorable and I could see us getting a copy of this and reading it again in the future. Simple story line that had everyone laughing.
Amy Holliday
Comments on the Story:

Have you ever wondered what cows would ask for if they could some how manage to type a letter to the farmer? Well if you want to find out then you should read this book.

Recommend Uses for this Book:

This book would be a great book for a preschool storytime. I have thought of using this book for "working together" type themes, because the cows work together to get something they want. This might also be a great story to do a flannel board.
Beth - I SNIFF BOOKS
A fun story that can be interpreted on many levels — although maybe my adult mind is over-thinking things. I really liked that the cows requested electric blankets and withheld milk until their “demand” was met. Let me be clear, there is no overt or covert vegan/vegetarian or animal rights propaganda here. But I think the message (or at least what I took away from the story) is a good one: as a farmer, you also need to provide for and take care of the animals that do the same for you. It’s a fun ...more
Jaime
Oct 07, 2008 Jaime rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book about the power of literacy and effective communication, told with great humor.
Tressa
Jul 07, 2009 Tressa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile, humor
We've all heard that the "pen is mightier than the sword" and "the squeaky wheel gets the grease," well in Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin, Farmer Brown learns firsthand just how true these adages are when his cows find a typewriter in the barn and demand better treatment.

When Farmer Brown first hears the click-clack sounds coming from the barn, he tries digging out the wax buildup in his ears because cows can't type!

But these cows can, and they nail their demands on the barn
Agnieszka Cłapka
Very humorous, even though a little bit absurd (cows that type?) story. The book works best when read aloud, as the refrain "click clack moo" is rhythmical and thus can be easily remembered. It does not only teach how to organize a strike (in a way), but also teaches one important lesson: do not give the cows a typewriter. More seriously, though, the book touches upon the topic of the life of farm animals, that on the one hand should be treated in a “humane” way, but on the other have certain du ...more
Hector Gutierrez
This book is soo funny and cute!
I love the illustrations in the book and the Cows typing is hilarious. I wish this book was available in Spanish I would us it to teach my kids about movements, strikes and organizations in general.
Katie Scherrer
This is not a bilingual book, but it works very well for bilingual storytime, especially with a school-age group. This is a very popular title in English, so kids who do not speak Spanish have often read the story before and stay engaged hearing it in Spanish. The repeating "Clic, clac, muu" is the same in both languages and everyone can participate! I love using books that make parents and kids laugh together, and this is definitely one of those! Also great for print awareness.
Jim
Jan 13, 2012 Jim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Snow day today, and daddy duty includes letting the 7-year-old add a few of his favorites to the gr collection... One day I will let him write his own reviews.
Emawesomeo
Mar 26, 2009 Emawesomeo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK WAS AWESOME
Melissa
This book is one that used to belong to my stepdaughter. She always loved this books and would beg us to read them over and over again. I'm so happy to introduce them to my son and see if he loves them as much as she did.

The cows on Farmer Brown's farm have gotten a hold of a typewriter. All day long he hears "Click, Clack, Moo". Soon the cows start leaving Farmer Brown notes demanding things like blankets. They threaten to go on strike.

This book is a classic for sure. Funny and cute! It is not
Wendy
Aug 03, 2014 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Es un lindo libro sobre las vacas que se pueden escribir. Ellos van a la huelga en la granja mientras trataba de negociar con el agricultor. Excelente para los niños que leen español o niños y adultos que están aprendiendo español.

It's a cute book about cows that type who go on strike on the farm while trying to negotiate with the farmer. It's great for children who can read Spanish or children and adults who want to learn Spanish.
Laima
What a funny little book! I read Click Clack Moo: Cows That Type yesterday with 5 year old Abby and 3 year old Emma, my neighbor’s granddaughters.

After the first few pages Abby started to giggle and said she knew what the cows were typing. “They want some electric blankets!”

She had read this book at school and remembered it almost word for word! Both girls laughed uproariously all the way to the end of the book. Then I kept hearing “Again! Again! Read it again!”

The drawings are funny and the sto
Sierra Watts
I like this story because the animal take charge and work together to get the things they want. The twist at the end was a nice surprise as well.
April Thompson
Jun 23, 2016 April Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn't like cows with "tudes"?!
Michelle Lowell
Mar 28, 2016 Michelle Lowell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summary: In the story, there are cows on a farm that are unhappy with their farmer. They want heated blankets in the barn because it gets cold at night, but the farmer refuses to get them for the cows. In response, the cows type up letters to the farmer on a typewriter, explaining to him what they want and what they are willing to do to get it, such as refusing to give milk to the farmer. The animals continue to send the farmer letter until eventually the whole farm goes on strike. The farmer fi ...more
Marta Michniewicz
This book is just awesome! Humorous, yet easily comprehensible, perfect for both children and parents.

I really like how it is not only the text, but also illustrations that convey humour. The pictures seem to be drawn by children with basic watercolours. All the objects are framed with thick black contours, which prevents merging of particular colours and adds clarity and sharpness to the illustrations. Interestingly, some of the characters, namely cows and chickens, have big, almost human-like
Andy Jun
Mar 06, 2016 Andy Jun rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
best book ever
Sara Nehring
Feb 07, 2016 Sara Nehring rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Personal Response:

I read this book to my younger sister, Madelyn. She thought that this was a humorous story. She liked the imagination in the story, because cows and chickens cannot really type letters. She felt bad for Farmer Brown, because he wasn’t getting his product of milk and eggs. Overall, she thought that this story was great.

Plot:

Farmer Brown thought that one morning when he left his house to go to the barn to milk the cows, it would be a normal day. Farmer Brown was quite wrong. Inst
Jennifer Olsker
This book, written by Doreen Cronin, is an interesting book. My sister, who works in childcare saw me reading through the book for my class and told me that she loved to read this book to the children at work. After hearing this, I wondered why children like such a basic story. As I re-read the book I realized it isn't about the words themselves, but about the interaction between the pictures and words as well as the storyteller and the children. I believe this book allows the reader to be as en ...more
  • There is a Bird on Your Head! (Elephant & Piggie, #4)
  • Interrupting Chicken
  • The Stray Dog
  • A Sick Day for Amos McGee
  • King Bidgood's in the Bathtub
  • A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever
Doreen Cronin was a practicing attorney in Manhattan when her first book Click, Clack Moo: Cows That Type became a publishing success. But her book was not published overnight, in fact, she had written this barnyard tale even before attending law school but only received rejection letters from publishers. Five years after submitting the original manuscript she got a call from a publisher who want ...more
More about Doreen Cronin...

Farmer Brown's Barnyard Tales (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Giggle, Giggle, Quack
  • Duck for President
  • Dooby Dooby Moo
  • Thump, Quack, Moo: A Whacky Adventure
  • Click, Clack, Boo!: A Tricky Treat
  • Click, Clack, Quackity-Quack: An Alphabetical Adventure
  • Click, Clack, Peep!
  • Click, Clack, Splish, Splash: A Counting Adventure
  • Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho!
  • Click, Clack, Moo and More: A Barnyard Collection