Endure (Need, #4)

Endure (Need #4)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  10,249 ratings  ·  932 reviews
It’s all-out war (and no-holds-barred romance) in the climactic conclusion to Carrie Jones’s bestselling series.

Zara is at the center of an impending apocalypse. True, she’s successfully rescued Nick from Valhalla, but it simply isn’t enough. Evil pixies are ravaging Bedford, and they need much more than one great warrior; they need an army. Zara isn’t sure what her role i...more
Published May 8th 2012 by Bloomsbury USA Children's Books

Can't Wait Books of 2012
44th out of 2,496 books — 15,913 voters
YA Novels of 2012
46th out of 1,254 books — 9,989 voters

More lists with this book...

Annabelle Marie Veronica
****FINAL RATING: 3.85 STARS****

CATCHALL
I loved Need. I thought it was fresh and original, not to mention fun and exciting. Then Captivate and Entice came along and were not only awful, but so awful that they actually ruined Need for me. And now Endure has come back to reclaim part of my heart. I loved it so much and it definitely now has a place in my heart.

THE HEROINE
ZARA
Zara really comes into her own in this book. She takes charge in a way that she never has in the past and it's so beautifu...more
The Holy Terror
OMG I'M GOING TO WRITE A REVIEW FOR THIS BOOK EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T READ IT YET BUT I KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME AND MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS STUCK BUT THIS WILL BE THE BEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ IN MY LIFE LIKE OMG OMG OMG.

ETA on 5/18: I HAZ A COPY!!1! oh. my. GOD. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS BOOOOOOOOOK.

ETA on 1/11: ZOMG. NOW IT HAS A COVER AND A FREAKIN' RELEASE DATE. I'VE WAITED MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS DAY TO COME. MAY 8TH, YOU CAN'T GET HERE SOON ENOUGH!!1!1!

ETA on 9/26: OMFG. IT HAS A TITLE. A...more
Meg ♥

On the e-reader this was only 167 pages. Wish it was A LOT longer, but oh well! Release date: 5-8-12

Okay. I'm going to start this review by mentioning my feelings towards the rest of this series. I adored the first book. I thought that the story was unique, the action was really well done, and I loved the romance. The characters were all characters that I fell in love with instantly. The second and third book seemed to get progressively worse in my opinion, but I still enjoyed them enough to be...more
Hannah
Apr 11, 2011 Hannah marked it as to-read
Hmmmm... Zara and Astley = Perfect <3. Zara and Nick = Me crying :/
Chances of Zara choosing Astley = Not as high as I would like.
Love triangles = Ruins Books :(
Jan 09, 2012 Jennifer marked it as to-read
YAY! Cover and description! These covers are so pretty!

TEAM ASTLEY!!!!!!!!!!
Cait
Apr 29, 2011 Cait marked it as to-read
I love how the last book was the BEST one and shes just been letting out the series after the first couple of months but aver THIS book, the one I like the most, she decides to take a whole YEAR! Ugh times infinity! Sighhhhh. I'm going to read it, but, Carrie, this is some major buzzkill :/ I want to know if she ends up with his epicly sexy and amazing highness, Astleyyy!
Mikky
A WHOLE YEAR!?!
Why do authors LUV torturing us READERS!?!
.......(dramatic moment over ROFL)
Anyways....
TEAM ASTLEY!!!! xD

-------------------------------------------

OMG...

That sums up the shock and astonishment that I was in when I finally finished this book. I can say that it wasn't worth staying up half the night for (since I had to wake up at 6 am for school). If I could rewind last night and not finish the book, I'd be happier.

On to the book. It really wasn't what I was expecting. I don't kno

Janie
OMG!!!OMG!!! the cover is out!!!! It looks amazing!!!!!

I had just finished the Entice... I know. It took FOREVER for me to finally get the third book. But now I am craving for more. I am Enticed, Captivated and Need to get my hands on to the fourth book! I just can Endure it!
I really hope Endure ends with Zara and Astley getting together. Ever since we were introduced to Astley in the second book, I knew he was the one. But if Carrie thinks otherwise I am probably going to scream.
But seriously...more
Sandy
Boo for the title. The others were so atmospheric, but this one just feels burdensome and heavy.

*waves my Astley fangirl flag*

Let's hope we get the ending we're all cheering for!
Hayden Casey
I've had a love-hate relationship with Carrie Jones over the years. Need was the first of her books I read, and I thought it was okay her writing was choppy and hard to read, but the characters were there, not to mention the whole phobia thing. How cool is that?!

Captivate, Need's sequel, took me even further into the world of Zara White and her friends, human and pixie alike, and I became infatuated with Jones's series. Entice made me love it. Imagine my heartbreak and disappointment when I foun...more
Steph Sinclair

The Need series has been a guilty pleasure of mine since book one due to the highly entertaining dialogue, the very unique characters and story line Carrie Jones created. After all, pixies aren't a paranormal creature I see a lot in the YA genre. Couple that with the use of Norse god mythology and you have a truly original series. All that being said, I do not think this was a strong conclusion, but I did still enjoy myself along the way.

Sometimes what I really dislike about reading a series whi...more
Hannah-Linn
HOLY GOD FINALLY!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS BOOK FOREVER.

It's over! I can't believe it. I waited so long for it and I've finished.

It ended........exactly the way I wanted it to. Thank the lord. This book was.....so good. I can't even describe my feelings.

I love Astley.
Katelyn
I loved this book! Waited so long for it to come out..but the wait was worth it! Amazing, just amazing<3
Taylor
Sep 11, 2012 Taylor rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: If you've read the Need series
Just finished this last night and I must say, it wasn't that bad.

When you read the blurb you really get a sense that it's going to be some thing thrilling and jam packed with romance all the way through but I actually found it really 'pick up' towards the last few chapters.

The ending-to me- didn't really seem to conclude the series. There was a lot of loose ends with Nick that Zara really hadn't gone into making it feel like it was hanging.

What really dissapointed me in this was not Zara's choi...more
Kristy
Mar 06, 2011 Kristy marked it as to-read
2012!!!????!! I can't wait that long!!! Nnnnooooooooooo
Pao Mtz Parente
I FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK!!!
Haylee
The saga Need by Carrie Jones is one of my favorite series of all time! I loved every single book in this series. I cannot wait for the release of this book. If anyone has not yet read any of the previous books, check them out.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Very Pretty
Rating: PG-13
Overall: A satisfying conclusion to a really good series
Characters: Solid
Plot: Save the world, make a choice, choose the one you want to be with.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Series Ender
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: ASTLEY

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

It’s been a while since the last installment of this series and I’d forgotten just why I love Carrie Jones. This author has a sense of wit that may not make you laugh out loud all the time...more
ewa
Whoever Zara end up with, book will be AWSOME!! We love you Carrie. Since you have a year , just please make it loooong :) .. and start writing the next one .

update 05/13/2012
Yep, as expected it was AWSOME!
To bad it is the last one - I really would like to read some more about Zara and Astley.
Jude
Jan 09, 2012 Jude marked it as to-read
Shelves: can-borrow
ZO.MY.GOD. I MUUUST Get this one on Netgalley! I Must O_

So exited already :D
Anne

I remember thinking that the previous books were easy to read, and easy to get sucked into.
Even if they were just fluff.
I like fluff.
But I was midway through Endure before I felt anything remotely close to Sucked In. And even then, the plot seemed kinda meh.

However, I am on a mission this year to start finishing up all of these random series that I've started (then dropped) in the past few years.
So.
One down! Wheeee!

Endure falls directly into the Not Bad/Not Great category. The ending tied everyt...more
Kim Smiley
Ok, I was so excited to read the finale to this series and was a little disappointed because it was only a little over 250 pages. This is the kind of book I want lots of pages to I can savor the story. Turn out, it didn't need it. My biggest complaint is that I read the other books a while ago and its hard to remember the plot/characters etc. because I've read so many other books in between. I read my reviews though so it helped a little.

Anyway, in this conclusion Zara is still a pixie and Nick...more
Erika
Before reading the book:
The cover is out and its AMAZING! Can't wait to get this book and find out if Nick and Zara are ok or if Zara goes for Astley. I'm hoping she ends up with Astley!

After:
This book was good but I felt like something was missing. I also found myself getting extremely annoyed with the characters in the beginning of the story mostly because I didn't remember them and how they acted. But once I got into the story it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. But don't get me wrong i...more
Rosa
Taylor
I don't think I can wait that long:(( if she doesn't end up with astley, I might cry.
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

As the Need series comes to an end with ENDURE, I’m a little let down by the emotional progression of this series. NEED really wowed me (you should read it if you haven’t), but I’ve been increasingly less wowed by each book in the series. The really kicker is how much the characters themselves talk about that very point in ENDURE. Several times they remark on the drastic transformation Zara has undergone, and not just physically. I agree, I just don’t m...more
Darkfallen
So this is it...the ending that we have all been waiting for. The ending that will no doubt make many of us cry because we are not ready to say goodbye to this amazing series and all the characters we have grown to love.

The snow is falling in Beford Maine. It's been falling non stop for over a week. And people are missing. More and more disappearances by the day. It's no longer just the young boys. No one is safe anymore. Just another side affect to pixies taking over the town.

Zara and the gang...more
Tynga
Zara and her merry band of acolytes already accomplished a lot to rid their town of evil pixies, but when the End of the world is at stake, the expectations are higher. If the sheer pressure of the task wasn’t enough, you could add to Zara’s burden, the fact that she has to deal with the consequences of becoming a pixie. She might have sacrificed a lot to save Nick, but he doesn’t seem all that grateful and it adds to our hero’s stress. The End is near, can a group of teenagers avert the Apocaly...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
It is hard seeing a series come to an end.
Some how along the way you become a part of the character's world and they become a part of you. They become friends. People you feel like you know and care about.

Silly, I know but that is always how I feel when I get immersed in a good series. It is sad seeing it end. Knowing that there will be no more adventures or romances or even heartache.

So it was with a little bit of a sad heart that I picked up this book. Knowing it would be the end. That once I...more
Who do you like better Nick or Astley? 58 134 Jul 23, 2014 09:41AM
Utterly satisfying romantic finale for who? 27 250 Jun 10, 2014 01:19PM
Zara Untapped Potential 2 6 May 23, 2014 09:22PM
Questions 8 56 Mar 05, 2014 06:59PM
OMG! 17 86 Nov 28, 2012 07:34PM
Need Series 2 32 Mar 21, 2012 01:41PM
  • Destined (Wings, #4)
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • The Stone Demon (The Iron Witch, #3)
  • Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves, #3)
  • Caradoc of the North Wind (Warrior Princess, #4)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Rivals and Retribution (13 to Life, #5)
  • Diabolical (Tantalize, #4)
  • Stolen Away
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Heaven (Halo, #3)
  • Covet (The Clann, #2)
  • Tempest Unleashed (Tempest, #2)
  • Forever Frost (Frost, #2)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)
Carrie Jones likes Skinny Cow fudgsicles and potatoes. She does not know how to spell fudgsicles. This has not prevented her from writing books. She lives with her cute family in Maine, but she grew up in Bedford, NH where she once had a séance with cool uber-comedian Sarah Silverman.

The Meyers brothers are from Bedford, too, so you’d think it would make Carrie funnier, coming from Bedford N.H. Ob...more
More about Carrie Jones...
Need (Need, #1) Captivate (Need, #2) Entice (Need, #3) After Obsession Tips on Having a Gay (Ex) Boyfriend (Belle, #1)

“We teleported," Issie finishes. "Like in Star Trek or Harry Potter, sort of. No! Like in Dr. Who in that episode with the Sontarans and the brilliant human boy, or really any Dr. Who ever if you think of the Tardis! Holy canola! That is just the coolest thing ever! Wowie, wow, wow!” 48 likes
“That's what people who love you do: they hold you and lie. They tell you that you're worthy, that everything will be all right, and they do that even when you both know without a doubt that this is not true, that is it nowhere near the truth.” 38 likes