Start by marking “The Midnight Star (The Young Elites, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Midnight Star (The Young Elites, #3)

The Midnight Star (The Young Elites #3)

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  5,231 Ratings  ·  1,292 Reviews

Adelina Amouteru is done suffering. She’s turned her back on those who have betrayed her and achieved the ultimate revenge: victory. Her reign as the White Wolf has been a triumphant one, but with each conquest her cruelty only grows. The darkness within her has begun to spiral out of cont
Published October 11th 2016 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Midnight Star, please sign up.

Bea Ventura Me! I would die my heart out just to make that happen. Just hope that Adelina realize Magiano caring and sweet attitude towards her. Totally want them…moreMe! I would die my heart out just to make that happen. Just hope that Adelina realize Magiano caring and sweet attitude towards her. Totally want them together!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

(less)
Archeon i just read the synopsis and Im in love already ....i am hoping for a better cover though
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. MaasEmpire of Storms by Sarah J. MaasLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareGlass Sword by Victoria AveyardHeartless by Marissa Meyer
YA Novels of 2016
17th out of 1,129 books — 8,523 voters
Empire of Storms by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. MaasLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Raven King by Maggie StiefvaterGlass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
Can't Wait Books of 2016
21st out of 1,350 books — 6,741 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily May
Oct 14, 2016 Emily May rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy, 2016
“Not invincible after all, little wolf?"

I only wish this book was longer. After all the violence, emotions and drama of this series, this final installment was a good hundred pages too short for me (and it's not often I say that). True, it pretty much ended the way I expected, the only way it really could, but the journey there has been bloody, twisted, and a whole lot of fun.

The end of the last book threw a dark little twist at us and I couldn't wait to find out more about Adelina's state of
Natalie Monroe
"Sometimes I can't tell if my madness is what's conjuring these images, twisting my confidence. So I try to ignore them, as always. What does it matter if I'm mad? I have a hundred ships. Twenty thousand soldiers. My Roses at my side. I am queen."

I think the series peaked at The Rose Society. After that spine-chilling ending and months of waiting for The Midnight Star to show (I actually had to wait three weeks more because Book Depository fucked up), the end product seems rather underwhelming
Fari

Good News & Bad News: Marie Lu knows how to end her trilogies with a bang but also knows how to kill her readers. I feel as though I am not even alive anymore. I am writing this review after my death, my funeral was yesterday and I’m surprised how good the Wi-Fi is, considering I’m in a coffin. (Okay, this scenario is running away from me, let’s stop.)

M

Christine Delilah (Maramochabooks)
EVEN MORE SNIPPETS!
This quote is quite... upsetting? Disappointing?
Alas... another hole in the Teren and Adelina ship.
Me: There's a lot of Magiano quotes...
*everyone else's excitement playing in background*
Still me: Maybe she'll kill him.

I AM BACK WITH FRESH A LITTLE UN-FRESH SNIPPETS! (non spoilery if you haven't read the rest of the series)

So what do you guys think? Who do you Raffaele was defending?
My thoughts: Possibly defending Adelina from Enzo.
Also who was Magiano talking to?

ADELIN
Simona Bartolotta
3.75, but I'm rounding it down to three all the same because Marie Lu can do so much better, and this book left such a bad taste in my mouth, I'll need a Nutella-based diet for the rest of my life.

"These are only rumors, of course, and make little more than a story to tell around the fire. But it is told. And thus they live on."

•The first book in this series, The Young Elites is among my all-time favourite books. This simple fact, I think, tells enough about how much I cared and how many hopes I
Kainat Ijaz 《UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT》
Oct 19, 2016 Kainat Ijaz 《UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT》 marked it as never-ever-ever
Shelves: dnf

“We are doomed to be forever young.”

The Young Elites.

The Rose Society.

I DO NOT MEAN TO DISCOURAGE ANYONE BY THIS .
This is just me being overprotective. Even though i enjoyed the first two book immensely, i will not be finishing this series. I spoiled myself about the entire book, and i couldn't be more happier that i did. I have already returned my book back to the store.

Farewell, Master Teren Santoro, and MI ADELINETTA. <3
This is not what i wanted for you,
and i refuse to accept this
Giovanna
Oct 17, 2016 Giovanna rated it really liked it
3.75

Part of me feels like this series ended with a whimper, instead of a bang. TMS is not bad, but it's not the best Marie Lu could offer either, and I know, because I still have The Young Elites and Champion (her best books so far imo) clear in my mind.

I honestly think Lu should have written a much longer conclusion to the series, because some things were anticlimatic. That said, I wouldn't call The Midnight Star a disappointment: it's coherent, it's well written and it does have some great cha
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

I'm glad to inform you of the creation of the Official Magiano's Protection Society!

Don't hesitate and join now! if you think you satisfy the required conditions!

You think that sarcasm makes everything better.

You have a soft spot for tricksters and thieves.

You agree that really, stealing a formidable lute is an achievement to be proud of (DUH).

You love your inner darkness as much as the next person (maybe more), but you reserve yourself the right to fall for the adorable (but mischievous)
   Maggie
Nov 24, 2016 Maggie rated it it was ok
You are a thousand things, mi Adelinetta, not just one. Do not reduce yourself to that.

That was sad, disappointing and upsetting. I waited a year for this, only because I read Marie's, The Young Elites late, and that was when I thought I found a favorite author since I enjoyed both of her books. I was quite wrong since I didn't enjoy Prodigy all that much like Legend. I completely loved The Rose Society, and I was so excited for The Midnight Star that I was actually able to wait a year. Now he
Cait • A Page with a View
EASILY ONE OF THE BEST ENDINGS I HAVE EVER READ. I'm not even kidding. 4.5 stars and SO much love for Marie Lu!
(NO major spoilers, all minor ones are hidden)

I cannot believe how amazing those last few chapters were! This is easily my favorite book out of the trilogy. It had a bit of a different feel to it than the first two because the focus wasn't so much on fighting other people or taking any throne. It's more about choices and sacrifice.

The story starts with Adelina being queen and her brilli
Stacee
I've loved Adelina from the very beginning of this series. I love that she's ruthless and doesn't apologize for going after what she wants. Sure she's maybe a bit crazy and definitely mean, but I have rooted for her from the first page.

This portion of the journey is not what I was expecting. I love where Marie went with it and the choices she made.

Yes, I'm being intentionally vague.
Yes, I had a serious case of the feels.
Yes, it will be worth the wait.

**Huge thanks to G.P. Putnam's Sons Books fo
Jamie
Oct 12, 2016 Jamie rated it it was amazing
On 10/13/15
I just finished the Rose Society, what do I do with my life. Whispers in my head "You wait a year for your little White Wolf to come back and kill more people."
1/25/16
This has a name now.
Cool.
10/12/16
I just finished Midnight Star, what do I do with my life. Whispers in my head "Look at the stars for the White Wolf"
Anna the Annonymous Android

Book Three of The Young Elites series
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: October 11, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Pang
Told you, I love the first two books, they are dark and intense in the way that I like and enjoy very much. But this book? I found the plot not that interesting. The book is shot, but take me quite long to finish. How can this happen??? I feel like the characters kinda lack their fascinating persinalities which I love, or maybe the story is just so-so that it didnt grab me.

In spite of I LOVE the characters in this series, but after I face their fates (view spoiler)
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
"We were never meant to exist, Adelina," he says. "And we will never exist again. But we cannot take the entire world with us." He meets my gaze. "No matter how it has wronged us."

As has been said, we are a part of the books we read, and the books we read become a part of us.

Well if that is true, I can honestly say, a part of me is missing. This book stole a part of me and I don't think I will ever get it back. And you know what? That's okay. It is sad, painful, undoubtedly beautiful and ter
Brittany (Brittany's Book Rambles)
Read my full review of The Midnight Star + Giveaway

Warning: Because this is the final book in the trilogy, things I mention might spoil you for the series as a whole. Though I will try my best to keep spoilers to a minimum and/or tag them, read this review at your own risk.

I wrote this review moments after I have finished The Midnight Star, so it's going to be pretty raw so I hope you'll forgive me. When I finished The Rose Society, I was absolutely wrecked. I couldn't pick up another book for o
Taylor Knight
The Young Elites is one of my favorite series' and I'm so sad that it's come to an end. However, The Midnight Star is probably my favorite in the series and I can't wait to reread all the books soon.
I loved the plot of this book. It was pretty different from the other two books but in a good way. I love how much more the series developed in this last final book.
Marie is such an amazing writer. Her writing style, her ideas, the characters she creates, everything is perfection and The Midnight S
Andreea Pop
May 07, 2016 Andreea Pop marked it as to-read
Shelves: cover-love
WHY HAVE I NOT KNOWN THE COVER WAS RELEASED?!?

It's so gorgeous --

CANNOT WAIT.

Anja
Oct 24, 2016 Anja rated it really liked it
*4.75 OTHERWORLDLY STARS*

"There was once a time when darkness shrouded the world, and the darkness had a queen.”

Nope. Nope. Nooooope.
This book has me sooooo damn conflicted, I don't even know where to start with this review or how to wrap my head around everything that's happened and that this trilogy just officially ended!
I don't even know whether I freaking love or absolutely loathe that godforsaken ending, I'm just completely in shock right now.

This is still one of the darkest series I have
Rose
Oct 17, 2016 Rose rated it it was ok
"We can all do better."
We can all do better.

So, here I am, feeling emo as fuck after that ending.

Things I expected from The Midnight Star:

some sort of a happy, or at least, meaningful ending
lots of epicness and crazy battles
something different that wasn't in the other books

What I got:

Well, I definitely got something new/different from this book.... a boring first half. There's a lot of words I could use to describe this series, and I never thought boring would be one of them. I literally
Joel (Throne of books)
Oct 11, 2016 Joel (Throne of books) rated it really liked it
So this is it, the final book in the trilogy.
It pains to say goodbye to a series that means so much and has become one of my all time favorites. Never will I connect more with a character than I do with Adelina.

If you didn't already know The Young Elites trilogy is a dark fantasy, and if you know me, you know I love a dark fantasy. Fantasy books are being published left and right these days. But what makes The Young Elites unique, is the darker vibe that it has that sets it apart from all the
Laurie –A Court of Books–
Nov 12, 2016 Laurie –A Court of Books– rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
“The day will come when we strike you down,” she’s saying. “Mark my words. We will haunt your nightmares.”
I clench my fists and fling an illusion of pain across her body. “I am the nightmare.”

3,5 stars

Spoilers below

There are three words to describe my current state of mind about this book: conflicted, underwhelmed and detached. And it’s making my overall appreciation of this book rather disappointing. It was a really short book, and I could have read it in one sitting IF it caught my interest.
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
I AM NERVOUS.
BUT I AM READY.

Renata
Nov 22, 2016 Renata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"There was once a time when darkness shrouded the world, and the darkness had a queen."

"Where will you go, when the clock strikes twelve? What will you do, when you face yourself? How will you live, knowing what you've done? How will you die, if your soul's already gone?"

"You cannot harden your heart to the future just because of your past. You cannot use cruelty against yourself to justify cruelty to others."

The first thing that I want to say is that this book got me by sorprise because I d
Fatima  Havilliard
April/21/2016

THE COVER IS HERE AND IT'S MORE GLORIOUS THAN I THINK!!!!
description

Ahhhh... Too much fangirling. I serioulsy believe that the cover was going to be orange and... IT'S BLUE. I love blue, also if I'm right the three books are blue, aren't they?
-----------------------------
We have a title!!!

description

Okay. I'm really excited for this book but at the same time I'm scared and more because of this tweet:

Well, let me share my thoughts and theories about The Midnight Star:

• I hope Adelina stays like a vi
Bekah AwesomeBookNut
a perfect ending to a perfect trilogy...Full Review to come...
david y biblioflick
Once again, Marie Lu did it again. Another Legendary book ending to another awesome series by our own Elite, Marie Lu. She creates perfect endings and heartbreaking ones. Quite happy she wrote the finale of Spirit Animals and can't wait for her Warcross and her YA Batman novels.

We have an (wolf's) eyeless cover version of The Rose Society. . .
so I made a version without the shooting star (but I doubt they will make a version without since the title is The Midnight Star.

Lucille
Jul 11, 2016 Lucille is currently reading it
Please don't have an open ending... please have an open ending... I cannot decide if I want this to end like Champion or not. But I know I will love it because it's Marie Lu!

~

My favorites so far from Chapter 1:

“I never saw her again. But even now, as an old man, I remember her as clearly as if she were standing before me. She was ice personified. There was once a time when darkness shrouded the world, and the darkness had a queen.
—A witness’s account of Queen Adelina’s siege on the nation of
Shannon (leaninglights)
Oct 15, 2016 Shannon (leaninglights) rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this ending to TYE series. It was fitting and quite beautiful at the end :)
  • The Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)
  • Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2)
  • Windwitch (The Witchlands #2)
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity #2)
  • Legion (Talon, #4)
  • The Dark Days Pact (Lady Helen, #2)
  • The Flame Never Dies (The Stars Never Rise, #2)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
  • Witch's Pyre (Worldwalker, #3)
  • Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Untitled, #1)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • The Gatlon School for Vigilantes (The Gatlon Trilogy, #1)
  • Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3)
  • Now I Rise (The Conquerer's Saga, #2)
  • Untitled (Falling Kingdoms, #6)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles Trilogy #1)
  • Terra (The Elementae, #1)
[Note: Many apologies, but I'm woefully bad at checking my Goodreads emails! If you'd like to send a note/msg, please catch me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Marie_Lu . Thanks!]

I write young adult novels, and have a special love for dystopian books. Ironically, I was born in 1984. Before becoming a full-time writer, I was an Art Director at a video game company. Now I shuffle around at home and ta
More about Marie Lu...

The Young Elites (3 books)
  • The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)
  • The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2)

“You cannot harden your heart to the future just because of your past. You cannot use cruelty against yourself to justify cruelty to others.” 44 likes
“I’m going to follow her, of course,” Magiano says. “As the night sky turns. When she appears on the other side of the world, I will be there, and when she returns here, so will I.” 44 likes