Start by marking “Magic Tree House: #1-28” as Want to Read:
Magic Tree House: #1-28

Magic Tree House: #1-28 (Magic Tree House #1-28)

This set includes volumes 1 to 28 of the exciting chapter book series: Magic Tree House by Mary Pope Osborne
Dinosaurs Before Dark
Lions at Lunchtime
Polar Bears Past Bedtime
Vacation Under the V
Paperback
Published 2002 by Scholastic, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Magic Tree House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Tree House

Pamela
Sep 03, 2008 Pamela rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
My 7-year-old and 4-year-old both love this series. They are well written and I even enjoy reading them aloud to the kids. I think they find the adventures exciting and they even learn about history along the way...shhh, don't tell them that.:)
Kayleen
Sep 25, 2008 Kayleen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone with children
My kids absolutely love these books! They beg me every day to read the next book to them. It's pretty great especially since our Alexandra's school is having a goal to have every student read (or be read to) for 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week. For every 100 minutes the student reads they can enter their name into a drawing to win a bike. 4 bikes are being given away at the end of the year. It's not so much the bike that excites me but the fact that Alexandra and Zachary are enjoying reading boo ...more
Soraya
Jun 03, 2008 Soraya rated it really liked it
I work with kids and getting them to read is hard. An even bigger and harder challange Is getting them to enjoy reading. I have always loved kids books and i found my self enjoying these book a little too much .I bought the series for the class and i would read a chapter a day for them. Soon after the kids were buying or checking out there own copies because I was to slow for their liking. the companion books are also great kids and adults will enjoy and learn from this amazing series.
Sam
Sep 14, 2010 Sam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-with-mom
We moved to Georgia for about six months in 2005. I spent a lot of time with my mom because we lived in an apartment and I didn't know very many other kids. We discovered this series and I loved them. My mom would read about 3 of these books to me every week. When I got into 1st and 2nd grade I read a lot of them again on my own.
Aubrey
Feb 10, 2011 Aubrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read these books as bedtime stories to my eight-year-old sister. She got more excited about reading than I've ever seen her before! I was kind of upset by the fragment sentences and periods where there should be commas, because it lets developing readers get used to bad grammar. Otherwise, these books are awesome!
Gentry
Feb 04, 2017 Gentry rated it really liked it
Really great introduction to chapter books for young kids.
Kaly
Jun 23, 2014 Kaly rated it did not like it
I read this book a long time ago probably when I was like 5. Anyways I loved this series! It was amazing from what I remember... I rated it so low because I didn't want good reads to think that I currently like this boom because that would mess up all of my recommendations! So that's why I rated this book so low!
Colleen
Aug 21, 2008 Colleen rated it it was amazing
The kids and I have really enjoyed these books. Even Josh gets into them. They are very short chapter books that are great for reading alone for the older kids, but fun for reading together for the little kids. They incorporate historical information that makes learing about the past fun for kids.
Shakthika
Mar 13, 2014 Shakthika added it
Recommends it for: Adventurous Readers!!
Recommended to Shakthika by: I got it from school!
I think this was an adventurous series full of informational places. For example, some of the things I need for school are in my magic tree house books! I use the magic tree house books for projects that have the same subject!! I am so thankful that Mary Pope Osborne made this series!! Thank you so much!!
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 Catherine Woodman rated it liked it
A good intro reading series, that has sets of four connected books that can be read as a set, but the series is interconnected by concept--very fin magical stories that are easy for the just beginning grade2-4 kid
Melissa
Jun 22, 2010 Melissa rated it really liked it
Great reading for kids ages 4-8 (give or take). Fun for parents to read TO them, or for kids to read themselves. I actually learned several factoids about history and events from reading these books with my kids. There are over 30 books - so borrow from library.
Kaitlyn
May 29, 2008 Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing
These books were amazing. I like them because each adventure was so awesome. I loved it when I found out which place I was going to go to. It was fun to get to go to Hawaii for free! I liked it when they went to the twister. The Twister on Tuesday was my favorite book.
Alexis Gopshes
Awesome series!!! LOVE IT!
Ethan
Dec 28, 2014 Ethan rated it liked it
These were my life in 1st grade
Nicole
Jun 01, 2009 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I love these books, they are amazing!
Becca
Dec 15, 2008 Becca rated it really liked it
Emily loves these books. They teach her facts about history and the world on a level that she can read and explore on her own. I think they are 2nd-3rd grade level reading.
Kazia
Feb 01, 2016 Kazia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first chapter books that I ever read. They were my favourite when I was younger. They were not only educational but also interesting.
Cat
Nov 16, 2011 Cat added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Cat by: my mother when I was 4
I used to love these books
Heather
Sep 23, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing
I read these with my now 15 year old son, and now with my 6 year oldvdaughter. Fabulous. The best.
Angela
Jun 27, 2008 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My son loves these! They've made for great bedtime reading.
Chris M
Aug 08, 2009 Chris M rated it it was amazing
i wish i had saw this before i ckicked of all the books individually
Kaylee  Pines
Kaylee Pines rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Haili Hoffman
Haili Hoffman rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2016
Joyce Tam
Joyce Tam rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2014
April
April rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
Myla
Myla rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2013
Willi
Willi rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2012
Alia Silvaggio
Alia Silvaggio rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2013
Shane
Shane rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2013
Brian Wong
Brian Wong rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2010
  • Guns for General Washington: A Story of the American Revolution
  • Eye of Eternity (Pyrates, #2)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Mrs. Piggle Wiggle Box Set (Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, #1,2,3,4)
  • The Adventures of Amelia Bedelia
  • The Magic Tree House
  • Deception (Lady Grace Mysteries, #4)
  • Junie B. Jones Complete Collection (Junie B. Jones, #1-24)
  • If You Take a Mouse Five-Book Set (If You Take a Mouse to the Movies; If You Take a Mouse to School; If You Give a Moose a Muffin; If You Give a Mouse a Cookie; If You Give a Pig a Pancake)
  • A to Z Mysteries: Books A-Z [Complete Set]
  • Bats
  • Kiss the Dust
  • Carl's Birthday
  • The Tale of Troy: Retold from the Ancient Authors
  • The Year of the Hangman
  • The King's Equal
  • The Wind Boy
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House (1 - 10 of 56 books)
  • Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1)
  • The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2)
  • Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3)
  • Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4)
  • Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)
  • Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House, #6)
  • Sunset of the Sabertooth (Magic Tree House, #7)
  • Midnight On The Moon (Magic Tree House, #8)
  • Dolphins at Daybreak (Magic Tree House, #9)
  • Ghost Town at Sundown (Magic Tree House, #10)