Start by marking “Frog and Toad CD Audio Collection” as Want to Read:
Frog and Toad CD Audio Collection

Frog and Toad CD Audio Collection

(Frog and Toad #1-4)

The beloved classic about friendship—a Newbery Honor Book!

Frog and Toad are best friends—they do everything together. When Toad admires the flowers in Frog's garden, Frog gives him seeds to grow a garden of his own. When Toad bakes cookies, Frog helps him eat them. And when both Frog and Toad are scared, they are brave together. School Library Journal called this story col
Audio CD, 2 pages
Published August 17th 2004 by HarperFestival (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Frog and Toad CD Audio Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frog and Toad CD Audio Collection

♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
*Deserves nothing less than the FULL 5 ★'s*

I read this series so many times as a child and as an adult. I loved it so much. One of the best parts about growing is being able to share your childhood favorites with the next generation. In my case, with my little niece's :) Frog and Toad is such a touching and wonderful story of friendship. It also shows how there is a give-and-take in friendship as well. The illustrations are very simple and yet truly beautiful. Frog is a free-spirited character w
Ebookwormy1
For kids just starting out, these adorable stories share a wholesome friendship, simple facts, and gentle conflict nestled in accessible, delightful, chapters. If you only buy a few books at this age level and utilize the library for the rest, buy this Treasury, and share it with your children and grandchildren. It's an enduring family treasure.

For more growing independence readers, see also
Ling & Ting: Not Exactly the Same (Ling & Ting #1), Grace Lin, 2010
Amanda - Cover2CoverMom
You can read all of my reviews on my book blog -> Cover2CoverMom Blog

Recommend to: younger children aged 4-7 years old; fans of animal stories

Themes: friendship

This collection of Frog and Toad stories was the perfect little book to dip our toes into listening to audiobooks together as a family.  Since my youngest is 5, I wanted to start with an audiobook that was short & very easy to follow.   I wanted to gauge how well she was able to listen to an audiobook & follow along with the st
Melissa Harper
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We keep coming back to these stories again and again. They are great to read together, and they are also great for early readers. Frog and Toad are favorite characters in our home.
Annie ⚜️
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
I liked it. The kid was tepid.
Jane
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-over-over
With James Marshall's George and Martha, Frog and Toad are the greatest of best friend duos in modern children's books. Not to be missed.
Antonella
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply adorable, these stories give kids, and adults alike, a great portrait of friendship. They are happy, kind, funny. Frog and Toad are quite different, one is a professional worrier, the other one is more optimistic oriented, but their friendship develops and gets stronger. The illustrations, also by Arnold Lobel, are nice.

BTW there is even a Broadway musical «A Year With Frog and Toad», commissioned by Adrienne Lobel, the author's daughter.

Coming from a different culture, I became aware of
Pam
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Frog and Toad are best friends and do all the things friends do together. There are 4 short books that are great read or as audio (read by the author). Frog and Toad help each other by looking for lost buttons, raking leaves, and taking care of each other when sick. They don't always agree and someone is grumpy or show offy, just like anyone else. They encourage each other, pretend to be brave, and worry about each other. Each story shows kindness, laughter, humor, and what it takes to be a real ...more
Tris Kate
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun audiobook to listen to on a car trip. It has a little music along with the author's narration. I usually enjoy listening to an author read his own work, and in this case, Arnold Lobel did not disappoint.
Jessica Cuello
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Few books are as perfect as Frog and Toad. I've always loved Cranky Toad and the love between him and Frog. Also, I believe it is this story that taught me how to write a true list for getting through the day.
Sara
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It stands the test of time. My son has fallen in love with these characters just like I loved them so many years ago.
Sarah Thode
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recently read this to my son and enjoyed it! It brought memories of me reading them on my own as a child.
Lana
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My little guy and I listened to this. The author reads it and it is so much fun! There is sound effects too 😊
Aimee :))
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brought me back to my childhood, the memories!!
Christa
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great, simple stories for kids. My daughter is especially interested in the one about cookies.
Jess
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
September 2018 - a huge hit.
Laurel L. Perez
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember loving Frog and Toad as a child, and it's been fun reading it aloud to my son. A great collection about two likely friends having adventures.
Brad
Nov 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
From the first story in this series ("Spring"), the idea that it is a totally innocent book is dispelled. It paints a picture of Toad, a bumbling and possibly clinically depressed character, being outwitted by his friend Frog. Perhaps the most complete story in the series, this introduction is also my favorite of the Frog and Toad stories. Certainly there is sepia-toned Walton-family wholesomeness within the twenty stories that comprise the twenty stories in this series--the best of these is Boo ...more
Lv2readB
Jul 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jaguar
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
~I have written a review for each book (#1-4) in the Frog and Toad Series. They are all below.

Frog and Toad #1-
“Frog and Toad are Friends (Frog and Toad #1)” by Arnold Lobel features 5 short stories (“Spring”, “The Story”, “A Lost Button”, “A Swim”, and “The Letter”) about two characters named Frog and Toad. Frog and Toad are wonderful characters and it’s so much fun to listen to their adventures. In this book they write letters, go swimming, tell stories, find lost buttons, and more. My favorit
Christy
I mean, this is a children’s book. The stories plus the nostalgia gave me a nice comfortable enjoyment of it. I used to love these as a kid. Feels weird to rate it now.
Shanna Gonzalez
Jan 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-04-08
Frog and Toad are two friends whose similar appearance belies their distinctive personalities. Toad is impulsive and emotional, and Frog easygoing and rational. The two of them get into a number of scrapes and adventures together, most of which hinge on their unique character traits. Lobel's brief, easy-reader chapters spin out complex, suspenseful plots in a way that looks effortless but is quite rare. Embedded in the stories are subtle moral implications relating to character qualities such as ...more
Lonnie Martin Jr.
I loved reading Frog and Toad as a child. Frog and Toad should be featured in every child’s collection of books. The books cover the adventures of these two best friends whose friendship is often tested but never broken, and sometime made stronger. They somewhat remind me of the two old men you see who been through it all together.

The illustrations are nice. They’re not very vibrant but it goes well with Frog and Toad's adventures. I did notice some pages you can't tell if they're happy, sad, u
Wa Conner
Aug 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great. Arnold Lobel has such a wonderful whimsical grip of the English language in this writing that it rolls rhythmically off of the tongue so effortlessly. I highly recommend it because it is fun even if you are not a juvenile reader. :)

My first exposure to this book, believe or not, was when I went entered university in 1992. The lead singer of the band I had created in college, Wymsikal Triod, challenged me to write a song that involved this classic children's story. For more a
Katie Kenig
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
We listened to these wonderful stories with our boys - ages 6 and 7 - during trips in and out of the city recently. The whole family absolutely adored it! These are fun, and I think my husband and I enjoyed them as much as our kids. The stories are short, enough to keep the kids' attention, and to make them ask for more. They aren't overly moralistic but have a lot to say about the power of friendship when taken as a whole.
Carolyn
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Carolyn by: Joy Marlo
Shelves: audio, for-toddlers
We've been listening to these stories in the car (on CDs from the library). The author does a good job reading them, with a pleasant score to accompany him. Sweet stories, each with some sort of cute twist. Nothing objectionable. And Noah asks for them every time we get in the van.

Note: At 3.5, Noah probably doesn't get the clever aspect of the stories, but he certainly understands the stories themselves and I don't have to explain them.
Alyssa Birnbaum
Frog and Toad is one of those books I remember very much from my childhood reading collection. When reading it again now as a college student, I found it even more interesting. I think this book is a great one for children to read based on friendship. The two toads go through so much together and their friendship just keeps getting stronger. The cover's illustrations are a great example of how adventurous this book is as well.
Derek Davis
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a delightful couple, Frog and Toad, the devil-may-care optimist and his grouchy, obsessive friend. Their short, snappy adventures and Lobel's warm illustrations make this a collection that not only stays with you, but ends up being quoted when things go just a little awry: "Just one more cookie, and then I will stop!" Technically a kids' collection, but we know better.
Debbie Mattson
Mar 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Michael just loves these books and so do I. Each book has five short stories in them that are geared for 2nd grade readers. The stories aren't too long which is nice for when the child is trying to read the story on their own. They are also pretty entertaining since each story has it's own little plot. Now I just have to teach Michael how to read.
Kelly
Aug 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As bed time reading with my son. Very good illustrations and the story line is very good. I have read the stories to him since before he could talk. It always kept his attention. Reading a book over and over again, and after all this time, not minding it, says something about its writing.
« previous 1 3 next »

• George and Martha Round and Round
  • Mouse and Mole: A Winter Wonderland
  • Tassajara Cooking
  • Time of the Witch
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • The Little Brute Family
  • god bless the gargoyles
  • The Adventures of Amelia Bedelia
  • Mr. Putter & Tabby Pour the Tea
  • Ling & Ting Share a Birthday (Ling & Ting, #2)
  • The Little Bear Treasury: Little Bear/ Little Bear's Friend/ Little Bear's Visit
  • The Works Of Jane Austen (Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, Emma, Persuasion)
  • Stop that Ball!
  • Never Talk to Strangers (Family Storytime)
  • Pearl and Wagner: One Funny Day
  • Frog Goes to Dinner
  • The Art of Amy Brown II
  • How to Draw and Paint Fairies: From Finding Inspiration to Capturing Diaphanous Detail, a Step-By-Step Guide to Fairy Art
Arnold Stark Lobel was a popular American author of children's books. Among his most popular books are those of the Frog and Toad series, and Mouse Soup, which won the Garden State Children's Book Award from the New Jersey Library Association.

Frog and Toad (5 books)
  • Frog and Toad Are Friends (Frog and Toad, #1)
  • Frog and Toad Together (Frog and Toad, #2)
  • Frog and Toad All Year (Frog and Toad, #3)
  • Days with Frog and Toad (Frog and Toad, #4)
  • The Frogs and Toads All Sang