Start by marking “Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in C#” as Want to Read:
Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in C#

Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in C#

With the award-winning book Agile Software Development: Principles, Patterns, and Practices, Robert C. Martin helped bring Agile principles to tens of thousands of Java and C++ programmers. Now .NET programmers have a definitive guide to agile methods with this completely updated volume from Robert C. Martin and Micah Martin, Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in ...more
Published July 30th 2006 by Prentice Hall (first published July 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in C#, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in C#

Start your review of Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in C#
Gabrielam13
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: programare
Design patterns explicate în jurul unor exemple de aplicații, principiile SOLID exhaustiv prezentate, o introducere generală, dar suficientă a UML, clean design la nivel de componente și pachete, toate legate prin lupa principiilor agile sunt părțile constituente ale cărții, pe care le-am savurat și sorbit cu mult mai mult entuziasm decât cele din ”Clean code”. Aceasta se poate datora faptului că, fiind mai amplă, Uncle Bob și-a permis să explice mai îndetaliat toate principiile, dar și faptului ...more
Arjay
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it

With the award-winning book Agile Software Development: Principles, Patterns, and Practices, Robert C. Martin helped bring Agile principles to tens of thousands of Java and C++ programmers. Now .NET programmers have a definitive guide to agile methods with this completely updated volume from Robert C. Martin and Micah Martin, Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in C#.

This book presents a series of case studies illustrating the fundamentals of Agile development and Agile design, and moves

Vỹ Hồng
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great book on software development process and design.

The agile development definition and practices are easy to digest and are common practice nowadays. I particularly enjoy the programming episode between the author and his colleague. It illustrates how software designs are not great from the beginning, but are refined through an iterative process.

Next, the author presents the agile design principles. These are great principles for software development in general, and not limited to
Qusai Sabri
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great book filled with best practices, not easy to read, as a programmer when I pick a book about programming I expect more technical/coding maybe even small projects from A to Z, this book has more definitions and stories,

I would definitely recommend this book to experienced programmers and specially team leaders as they have the ability to apply those design patterns and force the best practices on the whole team.

This book is not for junior programmers (in my opinion), "Clean Code" by the
Evan Hoff
Mar 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book serves as a great introduction to both sound design and sound development practices. I've recommended this book to several colleagues without hesitation.
Sylvain
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Covers a (too) vast territory. Long to read. Not everything is interesting...
Johnny
Dec 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: gekauft
One of the biggest disappointments of all the books I read this year. The scope is far too big to cover it in one single book and it therefore lacks the pages to explain the many concepts it introduces. If you know those concepts before, then this is not a problem. But then again, why do you read this book?

The structure is no help either. The section 4 (Packaging the Payroll System) explains what you have to consider for package and component design (as you expect), but then goes on to explain
Jeremy Morgan
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I think this is a pretty decent book. Had I read it 10 years ago I think I would have been really impressed with it.

This book covers a lot of good patterns in it, sprinkled in amongst Agile stuff. I don't think the "fit" was quite made though.

Mid to senior developers may not get as much out of this, because you're likely already familiar with the patterns that are discussed in the book. However, beginners can get a good introduction to the concepts and it's not a complete waste of time.

Some
Lee Song
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read few books from uncle bob and I find this very well structured and pleasant to read. It contains knowledge from requirements engineering, planning, solid principles, design patterns and clean architecture. Each of them explained precisely and straight to the point. He also used some simple terms to explain complex concepts precisely.

He oftenly reminds that the advice he given is not absolutely right or wrong. Only use the design where suitable to balance the benefits and complexity.
Jonn Lim
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my gateway book to Agile software development as a developer. It's a reference I still regularly revisit from time to time.
LIBBY
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read! Great example of how to go about TDD and examples of design patterns.
Ian
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Outdated? Found this hard-going, boring
Marko Kunic
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Besides design pattern, here you will also learn about package designs, different types of UML diagrams, testing and much more. If you have time give it a read, it is worth it.
John MacIntyre
I wish I read this sooner. This book really solidified my understanding of SOLID (pun not intended). I also wish I had this as my intro to UML as well; just enough to communicate and take notes.
Kevin Garner
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
After finishing this book and thinking about how useful its contents would be for me in the workplace right now in the (almost) final quarter of 2014, I have concluded that this book is a valuable addition to my programmer bookshelf, albeit a mixed bag of good and stale bits. The good aspects of this book will remain useful. However, the stale parts are... well... a little too stale and beg for a new edition, which it seems Uncle Bob doesn't plan to undertake.

The good points:
The book has aspects
Vinicius Saueia
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excelent book, the exercices/examples are nicely contextualized and the reading flows naturally. The concepts that uncle Bob shows are universal and are not questions of C# only.
Emil Petersen
Jan 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: computer-science
I hate to say it, but this book was almost too practical. I don't know how he did it. It starts out really well with great and sensible ways to work together to make software. Then a flood of C# code enters. Every design principle and pattern is nuked with examples, which should be great but somehow is not. I did not need the specifics in code when I read and so it was a bit of a nuisance after the first 5 principles. It's a bit harsh, but the lay of the land is I ended up liking the book, but ...more
Tom
Aug 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, own, tech
Great, great book. The first section describing agile development is useful for anyone in the software industry, while the remainder of the book is a must-read for all software developers. The descriptions of patterns and principles are thorough yet clearly explained, supplemented by plenty of code and diagrams. Definitely a book that I'll keep nearby when writing code.

Note: Martin's Agile Software Development: Principles, Patterns, and Practices is very similar to this book. I think Agile
Ueliton Freitas
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: programing
This book is simply spectacular. In my opinion, with its simple and didactic dialogue focused on OO programming, provides the necessary security to develop any software project. Including project management, requisites analysis, architecture, code representation (UML), testing and TDD. All concepts with examples and source code, and even if the reader does not know C#, learning a new language.
Joe
Jan 02, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net, c, agile, software, development
If you can buy only one book on agile development in C#, this is the book you should buy. It is well written and a pleasuer to read. It has many examples in C# illlustrating agile development with patterns.
Jakub Zalas
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is THE book that should be read by any developer who claims to be Agile to confront this view with reality. Amazing overview of test driven development, solid principles of object oriented design, rules of package design and practical design patterns.
Nuwan
Feb 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A must read for all software engineers
Minh Ha
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: programming
Fascinating book. Useful for OO programmers who want to improve their code quality.
Dmitry
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!
Kevin
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: computer
This book had moments of greatness (some of the design pattern explanations and the bowling game TDD session), but was ultimately dragged down by pages of legacy code and mindless numbers of tests.
Steve Fenton
Mar 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Lots of great stuff in this book, but with the slight danger it will be lost amongst the rest. A really good book for the patient programmer.
Sergey Teplyakov
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Want to know why only 2 stars? Take a look at my review in russian: http://sergeyteplyakov.blogspot.com/2...
Waylon Martinez
Dec 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: programming
GREAT BOOK!!!! I don't think that I have had more fun reading a programming book.
Nick Wilks
Nov 24, 2019

• Test Driven Development: By Example
  • Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
  • Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
  • Adaptive Code Via C#: Agile Coding with Design Patterns and Solid Principles
  • Refactoring to Patterns
  • Working Effectively with Legacy Code
  • CLR via C# (Pro-Developer)
  • The Art of Unit Testing: With Examples in .NET
  • Succeeding with Agile: Software Development Using Scrum
  • The Software Craftsman: Professionalism, Pragmatism, Pride
  • Accelerate: Building and Scaling High-Performing Technology Organizations

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Robert Cecil Martin, commonly called Uncle Bob, is a software engineer, advocate of Agile development methods, and President of Object Mentor Inc. Martin and his team of software consultants use Object-Oriented Design, Patterns, UML, Agile Methodologies, and eXtreme Programming with worldwide clients.

He was Editor in Chief of the C++ Report from 1996 to 1999. He is a featured speaker at
“Abstraction is the elimination of the irrelevant and the amplification of the essential.” 3 likes
“Design and programming are human activities; forget that and all is lost. —Bjarne Stroustrup, 1991” 1 likes