Start by marking “Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)” as Want to Read:

Tapestry (de Piaget #8.5)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  7,317 Ratings  ·  142 Reviews
Woven from the color and pageantry of the Middle Ages...
From the burning passions of bold and beautiful women...
From the brave hearts of strong and courageous men...

Welcome to a world of chivalry and honor, of danger and desire, of legend, and of love.... These four original novellas bring to life all the romance and adventure of the Middle Ages, with the common thread of
Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 358 pages
Published August 27th 2002 by Jove Books (first published November 29th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Tapestry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tapestry

♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
I am doing these as I read them, because I read so much, I forget who's who, blah blah blah...

This is an anthology & each story has a tapestry of some kind in it. It is not all PNR but HR as well.

The Kiss in the Shadows by Lynn Kurland

This historical romance was about a shunned girl, Lianna who was ward of the court, ugly from pock scars to her face, but had a whole lot of wealth left to her after her family was slaughtered.

She meets Jason & his brother. She is poisoned & the men wat
Apr 03, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: anthologies, 2009
I only read this one for the Karen Marie Moning story in it. The story was supposedly part of the highlander series but the only characters in common was the queen and king of the fae. It was okay, but I wouldn't buy the book.
To Kiss in the Shadows (De Paiget/MacLeod 08.5) Lynn Kurland 5unexpectedgem*
An Interrupted Tapestry Madeline Hunter 5medieval*
Dragonswan (Were-Hunter 0.5) Sherrilyn Kenyon 3*
Into The Dreaming (Highlander 08) Karen Marie Moning 4.5dreamy*
A fine addition to anyone's medieval romance library, with a touch of Fae magic, and tapestries as the unifing theme. 4.5*
Susan (susayq ~)
I loved each of the 4 stories in here! I'll admit, I had never read anything by Sherrilyn Kenyon. This made me go download the whole series this is a part of! I got this for the KMM story, and it lived up to my expectations. It was sexy and funny...Jane writing a serial romance for the people of the village :)
Apr 15, 2016 added it
I've read only Dragonswan by Sherrilyn Kenyon, so no rating here.

My review.
Kathie (katmom)
May 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
I've read two of the stories in the compilation.

First was Karen Marie Moning's "Into the Dreaming" A lovely little short story that fit nicely into her Highlander series. Aedynn has to fall in love with a mortal girl in 30 days...or be forever VENGENCE for the Unseelie King. Jane has dreampt of him all of her life, and she's going to MAKE him remember her and love her. It was fun and cute, although I find myself worried about the Fairy Queen.

Next was To Kiss in the Shadowsby Lynn Kurland. I had
Nov 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is the very first compilation of short stories I've ever read and I LOVED it! It was so much fun to get little glimpses into the worlds these authors write in. I am already a HUGE fan of Karen Marie Moning and a new fan of Lynn Kurland, who I just recently discovered. The other two authors were new to me, but I really enjoyed them both. One really fun part about reading a romance in short story format, is that you get to the physical stuff much faster than in a full sized novel! While I do ...more
Ruth Ellen
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Really good book to read. I love the different stories, Mrs. Kurlands de Piaget boys and Kenyon's Werehunters...the dragons this time. and Mrs. Moning's Highlanders. Yes, very good book.
Jul 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: time-travel
Only read the story by Lynn Kurland - To kiss in the shadows. Sweet Book
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rating~ 4.5 stars

Rating only for Sherrilyn Kenyon's Were hunter 0.5.
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rated each story individually, 3-4 stars I think.
Cyndi Goodgame
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First two were my favs.
Jay Collins
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I am not a big fan of short stories but i did find myself liking these ones and found the characters very interesting and likable.
Liza Robertson
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
The stories started off weak, but the last one was my favorite of the ones I hadn't read. I already read Sherrilyn Kenyon's story. I absolutely crave her stories.
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-m-f
OK two Major authors - Sherrilyn Kenyon, and Karen Marie Moning - what more can be said :D
Rhonda Soukup
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read this for the Lynn Kurland stories, but they were all pretty good.
Jul 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Tapestry – over all this series of novellas were quite good. The first novel brought down the average for me but I enjoyed the others very much.

“To Kiss in the Shadows” was a solid 2 for me. It was the story of an outcast heiress VS. an outcast third son of a lord. The heroine was the richest heiress in King Henry’s court with pox-scarred face, tortured, and mocked by her peers. The hero was a misunderstood-to-be-the-dark-warlock squire. When she was poisoned by her jealousy peers, he nursed he
Katie Michaels
As a huge Sherrilyn Kenyon fan, I couldn't wait to read "Tapestry" for her contribution. But I was surprised to find, I enjoyed all four novellas in the anthology.

The first, "To Kiss in the Shadows," by Lynn Kurland, was a historical romance. Lianna was once beautiful, but her face was marred by pox. Her family is dead but she is living as a ward of the king. She holds great lands that will one day go to her husband.

The women of the court are not kind to her; they merely tolerate her and sometim
Kathy Davie
Sep 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
An anthology of four short historical paranormal romance stories that travel in time with tapestry as the primary theme.

In 2002, Tapestry won the RBL Romantica Hughie Award for Best Anthology, the P.E.A.R.L. (Paranormal Excellence Award for Romantic Literature) for Best Anthology, and the RIO Award of Excellence by Reviewers International Organization for Favorite Anthology.

"To Kiss in the Shadows" (De Piaget, 9 (8.5))
"Dragonswan" (Dark-Hunter, 1.5; Were-Hunter, 0.5)
"Into the Dreaming" (Hi
Lord Rose
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lynn Kurland: To Kiss in the Shadows
I would have liked to see more falling in love between the hero and heroine. It seemed like they just kind of did. And I wanted to see more on the hero's black reputation.

I wanted to see more of the first half of the story, with the hero and heroine interacting, and less of the second half, which seemed like fluff and revisiting previous characters.

Madeline Hunter: An Interrupted Tapestry
This one was cute.

Sherrilyn Kenyon: Dragonswan
I kind of felt like I was m
I only read the novella “Dragonswan” by Sherrilyn Kenyon because it is part of her Dark-Hunter series. I do not think good reads gets the numbering right, so for the purpose of my reviews all the Dark-Hunter novellas in anthologies are not “officially” part of the series, since very few of the characters in the novellas are ever mentioned in Ms. Kenyon’s full novel series. So, for my reviews I am going to give them half numbers. “Dragonswan” is number 1.5 (meaning that it comes after “Fantasy Lo ...more
Dec 25, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This book contains four short stories by various authors. I bought it right before a vacation, thinking that the shorter stories would help the plane flights go faster, and because these are all authors I've wondered about, but haven't read. It was a success - the flights went quicker, and I got a taste of four new authors.

I enjoyed all four stories, but didn't absolutely love any one of them. Lynn Kurland's had sort of a nice "message" about seeing beyond a person's appearance, and it was a swe
Jan 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-romance
Tapestry is anthology with four different authors: Lynn Kurland, Madeline Hunter, Sherrilyn Kenyon, & Karen Marie Moning. Each of the stories has a tapestry that plays a prominent role in the story line, hence the title of Tapestry.

I originally bought the book for the Lynn Kurland's story, To Kiss in the Shadows, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that I really liked three out of four of the stories in the anthology. The only one I didn't really like was Into the Dreaming, but even that
Apr 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Anthology with four short stories. Fun reads, love and HEA, just how i want it.
Lynn Kurlands To Kiss in the Shadows, Lianna hides while in the court to be wed, trying not to show her face since shes scarred by the pox. Shes saved from torment by Jason whos there to find his brother before he leaves for France. Really felt sorry for Lianna and her suffering and loved the HEA. Going to read more from Lynn Kurland.
Madeleine Hunters An Interrupted Tapestry, Lady Giselle seeks help from her childhoo
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
DRAGONSWAN by Sherrilyn Kenyon

REREAD #1: 8/10 (31 December 2005 - 31 December 2005)

This is probably my favourite of Kenyon's HunterLegends short stories. Of course, it has a dragon in it - and a super sexy one at that - which gives it a good head start. Sebastian is a lovely character; I love the way he always tells Channon the truth and because of the situation, she initially takes it all as a joke. She is strong and clever and takes things in her stride in a realistic kind of way.

Perhaps beca
Oct 22, 2012 marked it as to-read

To Kiss in the Shadows by Lynn Kurland

An Interrupted Tapestry by Madeline Hunter
Into the Dreaming by Karen Marie Moning

Dragonswan by Sherrilyn Kenyon - 3 stars

I really think that the only reason I sort of liked this short story was that it added more information to the Dark-Hunters series as a whole. I know it is only a short story but the plot seemed to be lacking somewhat and the characters, even for a short story, seemed highly underdeveloped and I did not really like either one of th
May 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this book because the short story "Dragonswan" was listed as part of the Dark-Hunter Series. However, I really didn't see the connection. The story itself was good, it felt rushed but I guess it had to be since it was a "short" story. I believe that if it was an actual book, it would have been really good. I am just getting into the Dark-Hunter series, so I wanted to read everything and in order but I strongly feel this story does not relate to Fantasy Lover and Night Pleasures. So if you ...more
  • The Christmas Cat (Includes: de Piaget, #4.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2.5)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Were-Hunter, #1.5; Nightcreature, #1.5; Vampire Huntress, #3.5)
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Into the Dreaming (Highlander, #8)
  • Hot Blooded (Dark, #14; Midnight, #2.5; Mageverse, #0.5)
  • Taming the Scotsman (Brotherhood of the Sword #4/MacAllister, #3)
Lynn began her writing career at the tender age of five with a series of illustrated novellas entitled Clinton’s Troubles in which the compelling hero found himself in all sorts of . . . well, trouble. She was living in Hawaii at the time and the scope for her imagination (poisoned fish, tropical cliffs, large spiders) was great and poor Clinton bore the brunt of it. After returning to the mainlan ...more
More about Lynn Kurland...

de Piaget (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Another Chance to Dream (de Piaget,  #1; de Piaget/MacLeod, #5)
  • If I Had You (de Piaget, #2; de Piaget/MacLeod, #7)
  • Dreams of Stardust (de Piaget, #3; de Piaget/MacLeod, #11)
  • When I Fall in Love (de Piaget, #4; MacLeod, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #13)
  • One Enchanted Evening (de Piaget, #5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #16)
  • This Is All I Ask (de Piaget, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #3)
  • The More I See You (de Piaget, #7; de Piaget/MacLeod, #6)
  • From This Moment On (de Piaget, #8; de Piaget/MacLeod, #9)
  • Stardust of Yesterday (de Piaget, #9; de Paiget/MacLeod, #1)
  • Till There Was You (MacLeod, #8; De Piaget #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #15)