Start by marking “The Mind Map Book: How to Use Radiant Thinking to Maximize Your Brain's Untapped Potential” as Want to Read:

The potential of the human mind is absolutely phenomenal, and Tony Buzan is one of the world's leading experts on how people can maximize their brainpower. Now, in his most comprehensive book yet on the topic, Buzan reveals exciting new ways to improve one's memory, concentration, creativity, ability to learn, and more.
Published March 1st 1996 by Plume (first published September 6th 1993)

Start your review of The Mind Map Book: How to Use Radiant Thinking to Maximize Your Brain's Untapped Potential
Nigel Temple
Jan 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Tony was kind enough to include one of my Mind Maps within this book.
Anh
Aug 03, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I think Mind Map is a wonderful invention. I have been studying my Physics lessons better because I have drawn a lot of Mind Maps to present my theory lessons. I totally agree with the effect of Mind Map. When I draw a Mind map, I have to read through my lessons very carefully, choose the key words and ideas to draw. Finally, with many colours and highlight, my Maps are more remarkable and I have remembered even the smallest details.

Now, I even draw a recipe for my mother by Mind Map. She finds
Umeshikad
Without doubt I learnt a lot reading this book and like the fact that I read it. But it is important to note that I didn’t like the entire book, but liked some sections of the book which I’m definitely going to use.
I divide the book in to three sections for easy reference, the first few chapters were really interesting where you get to learn about your brain’s capacity, storage and marvels. It is amazing to know about this genius machine we carry within us. It is all about how you can use your b
Adrian
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it
I like the whole concept of mind mapping, but this author really gets under my skin, with his supercilious nature.

If you, like me, like the whole concept of mind mapping, then give this book a go. The only thing I will say is: "Don't always believe what this author tells you," as some of his ideas have been refuted.

Apparently, the words of Tony Buzan: " The mind map is the, ' Most Powerful Thinking Tool In The Universe'," will draw you in and hopefully, have you believing everything stated in hi
Eric Franklin
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The single best resource I have found relating to mind maps and listed by practitioners as being "the one" to own. While much of the book is repetitive with regards to overall process of creation, benefits, etc., the scope and variety of examples, images, and exercises makes it an invaluable resource. If you are interested in the subject, this is the one to read, from the guy who developed the overall mind map concept over an extended period of time. I'm keeping this one at my office as a resour ...more
Sarezh kamla
Mind Map - Tony buzan would be with you Step by step to how make your own Style mind Map & Talked about Mind Map usage in detail long explanation -
Quite good book for one about start using Mind Map in his Life
Dawn
Jan 20, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
He spent the entire book doing two things: elevating a simple brainstorming technique to a panacea for everything in the world; and selling us on this idea over and over and over and over again.

To get an idea how silly and wrongheaded the whole thing was, he concludes his book (written in 1994) telling us how we are on the cusp of a mentally literate (redundant.....) revolution, where intelligence will be the new mark of fame.

And Kim Kardashian is our cultural icon, while Donald Trump is the f
S A
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I used to suffer from a lack of photographic memory. Hence, I searched to find a source of material to overcome it. Although this book explains how to do mind mapping but does not explicitly say why the writer has been the champion of memory in the world for several years. To put it precisely, the secret of achieving such a success is not released in e passage. Anyhow, it is a sort of reference in the field.
Khalid
Jun 22, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read
This book describes the concepts of mind maps; a tool that is supposed to revolutionize the way we live our lives. Mind Maps use knowledge about the way our brain works in order to efficiently utilize our brains and makes creative thinking and memorization, among other functions, easier.

The book, at least partially, is quite enjoyable. However, the concept of Mind Maps is, in my opinion, overrated, and the author is giving it far more attention than it deserves. Well, it is a book about Mind Map
Daniel Aguilar
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
The theory exposed -and practices proposed- in the first chapters sound indeed reasonable and useful. The author references many cognitive features (visual memory, associative networks, synesthesia...) that can help a lot in both reflective and creative thinking. However, the writing style is so annoying... The whole book is full of pseudo-scientific terms and sentences, claiming how miraculous "his" technique is and what incredible goals you can achieve if you adhere to the "radiant thinking" t ...more
Malek J.
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book that changed my life because simply it changed my Brain !
I used to have a very bad memory, I always getting confused when note making or note taking !
It also give you a very productive and innovative way to be creative and to deliver new creative Ideas.
Now, I can't attend any new training course without having my Ipad with the IMindMap App !
It's just Amazing, it will change the way of processing in your mind.
I thank the God he drove this book for me in the beginning of my learning life.
Tim Nowotny
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
If you pick this book up because you want to improve your mindmapping skills, be aware that there must be better books out there for this task. Much of the text in this books is occupied why the technique of Mindmaps is great and how you do it in general concept. For me, this made for a lot of skipped paragraphs.
What I found great what the constant push for using Mindmaps not only as a structuring device but for creativity as well. Some of the examples have been enlightening for me and broadened
Nhân Nguyễn
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: honemyskills
Interesting facts.
Taro
Oct 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: owned, comp-info-org
I had high hope for this book. Somehow Mind Mapping has always interested me but I've never really taken time to know what it entails. Recently I've been researching better ways to learn and take notes, and the time had come to actually know what the method is all about.

Well, I'm quite disappointed. The method itself looks simple enough, but I was very frustrated by the lack of substantiation of the method through evidence. The author often refers to his other books for details and there are ins
Daniel Taylor
What if you had a way of taking notes that is in-line with the way your brain works?

The full-color "The Mind Map Book" shows you how to do that. It starts with exploring the limitations of linear note taking and then introduces the readers to mind maps — where you place a central idea on a page and then branch out from it with significant keywords. To picture how mind maps work, think of a tree — a trunk (the central image) then branches (significant keywords) and finally the leaves (lesser keyw
Ryan
I'd heard about Mind Maps from several other sources before I finally read Buzan's book for myself, and I'm definitely glad I did. I was most impressed by how well many of the ideas behind this technique map onto psychological concepts of spreading activation of knowledge and mental representations of ideas. Although I'm still grasping all of the potential behind the many possible uses for them, I really do agree that developing Mind Maps helps to organize and direct your thinking in ways that t ...more
Artem Fedorov
This book is too complicated for understanding. It could probably be a lot shorter. I have met with mindmaps much earlier than I discover a book of their founder. And the "Mind Map Book" is seemed to be overly academic with vague language and a little bit outdated. Today, there are many big articles about mindmaps, which will explain the essence of them with more simple and understandable language.
Alvaro Vazquez
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was really exciting and very easly to start mind-mapping. I used this strategy to analys some news today and linked each other. At the end of the day I am able to remember a lot from my chart, eventhough quite boring it was, because I did not ise colours.
Mohammad Qahtani
May 12, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memory
The books starts with very interesting facts and concepts about the brain, but then slowly starts to drifts away to very boring and logical points that even a 5 year old would know.

I red this book hoping i would be able to understand my brain more and to creat mental “mind maps” (connect ideas together better to increase creativity, focus and other things) but the book was literally talking about making note maps or whatever it is. I understand that such a technique could be useful for brainstor
Nishant Bhagat
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mind maps always held that awe for me till I read this book and realised how simple they are. Yes, there a level of complexity which gets as you start adding layers to it. But a very useful tool to get you started. The most important aspect is to make sure you choose the right central idea. Post that it gets easy.

The book does lose some of the initial excitement as you go along. I found the chapters towards the end irrelevant to me, but would be relevant to people who are working / studying in t
Annie Kate
This is a colorful, creative way of organizing ideas, notes, or projects that seems to be very effective for some. After I learned to make mind maps I started dreaming them, but it is still a bit more intense than my usual way of taking notes and takes a bit of extra effort I have ‘no time’ for. (adapted from a write up on my blog)

I should probably make the time, though, and nowadays I use mind maps to organize information that is very important to me.

Susan
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
rather wordy before he gets to the point, but overall helpful. Interesting about daily mind maps as a daily planner. Of course this book does not answer all the questions about mms, just what they are and the myriad of ways to use them. A lot of questions remains, but it seems Buzan is good at selling that piecemeal.
Jess
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Packed full of invaluable tips...that said, the sections for applications of mind maps in different situations struck me as repetitive and kind of common sense really...especially when the advantages of electronic vs paper mind maps are listed...
Lilly Mary
While the concept of mind mapping is a useful tool - this is little more than instructional manual and a relatively uninspiring one at that. The chapter that I solely about pitching their App sums up the style of this book. P.S just to be clear, I won’t be buying the App.
Luis
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: psychology, business
I was expecting a lot more from this book.
This books provides a general understanding of mind mapping.
What it lacks is, those exercises to take you deep into hand-on exercises.
It is a shame since it is such an interesting topic.
خالد
It give you deep idea about this new creative way of thinking.
It need more update and improvement.
it no need to read it all , you can read what matter just to understand the principle of mind mapping .

Pradyuman Singh Rajput
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Getting problems in generating ideas and remembering information.
Tony Buzan is here to rescue.
He will guide you to your brain and help you achieve more and do things differently and quickly in an effective manner
Nick Debruyne
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short, interesting read. To the point, no nonsense book.
Rodrigo Leão
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Already used a few tools without knowing the whole concept. This book is great and I suggest it for everyone...
Vishv Narayan
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best book on mind mapping
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Becoming My Best 2 22 Oct 23, 2007 07:15PM

• Mastermind: How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes
  • Desarrolla Una Mente Prodigiosa
  • Tudo o que você precisou desaprender para virar um idiota
  • Primal Leadership: Realizing the Power of Emotional Intelligence
  • The North China Lover
  • Vô Cùng Tàn Nhẫn Vô Cùng Yêu Thương
  • Thị dân
  • 18 Minutes: Find Your Focus, Master Distraction, and Get the Right Things Done
  • Selvi Boylum Al Yazmalım
  • دورة الوعي اللغوي
  • جمهرة أعمال م: أيمن عبد الرحيم
  • La France tu l'aimes ou tu la fermes
  • En cherchant Majorana
Tony Buzan was an author and educational consultant. He was a proponent of the techniques of Mind Mapping and mental literacy. He worked with: corporate entities and businesses all over the world; academics; Olympic athletes; children of all ages; governments; and high profile individuals, in teaching them how to maximize the use of their brain power.

Buzan was born in London, was an alumnus of Kit