Start by marking “Sir Rowan and the Camerian Conquest (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #6)” as Want to Read:
Sir Rowan and the Camerian Conquest (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #6)

Sir Rowan and the Camerian Conquest (The Knights of Arrethtrae #6)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  472 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
A knight left for dead. A country on the verge of ruin. And an evil lord rising to conquer.

Sir Rowan is the most decorated tournament knight in Cameria, but when he is attacked and left for dead, his world collapses. Betrayed and lingering at death’s door, only a bizarre vision of his Prince and the help of a woman dedicated to the King keeps him alive. As Rowan heals, he
Published October 5th 2010 by Multnomah

JonathanT
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: speculative
SUPER THOUGHT-PROVOKING—probably because the allegory relates to biblical prophecy, instead of general concepts in the Christian life. Basically: I just really liked Rowan and his story. The author juggled the characters, plot, and allegory really well; all while creating parallels between the storyworld and the world we live in. There’s definitely lessons to be learned here. SO GO READ THIS. SHOO.

NOW. To order the whole series from most favorite to least favorite. This isn’t to say that some o
Melanie
Jul 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids_books, fantasy
I wish I had read some of the other books in the Knights of Arrethtrae series, but Sir Rowan and the Camerian Conquest by Chuck Black is the sixth book the series. It is a rags to riches story of a poor stable boy named Rowan with an amazing natural ability to wield a sword. He is eventually helped and trained by a Knight named Sir Aldwyn in not only swordplay but also they ways of the Prince and the Code. Unfortunately a massive time laps happens and suddenly Sir Rowan is an amazing tournament ...more
Katie
Dec 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The 6th book in the Knights of Arrethtrae, Sir Rowan is a wonderful addition to the series! I give 5 stars to this action-packed and suspenseful book!

The story of Rowan - a man who learned the skills of the sword just so he could compete in tournaments, was very thought-provoking (as are all of Black's books). Many people today say they are doing or learning something to bring glory to God - but often it's only for their own glory and fame.

Sir Rowan's story was dull of twist and turns that I was
Courtney
Nov 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Again, I love this series! This story is very powerful. It is showing the pride that a christian can get and that God WILL chasten you because you are His child. No matter what it takes, He will bring you back.
Esther Filbrun
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-review
I liked this book, but after reading the other books in the series this didn't have the same level of excitement in it for me (not sure why). Almost felt like there was too much backstory, I don't know. Anyway, while I liked it, I was somewhat disappointed as it being the end of the series.
A.M. Reynwood
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sir Rowan and the Camerian Conquest is certainly a series finale, that I will say, and later on in the story the pace did pick up a little, but I must confess it felt a little slow in the beginning. Not all great adventures begin with edge-of-your-seat, dramatic action, but I certainly might have finished it sooner had the story been more gripping. (But then again, that may be just me and my addiction to being riveted)
The story follows the life of young Rowan, a lowly street urchin who taken i
Jan Marie Newby
Dec 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
"Sir Rowan and the Camerian Conquest" is book 6 in The Knights of Arrethtrae series by Chuck Black. As a poor stable boy, Rowan dreams of becoming a swordsman and practices with his homemade wooden sword every opportunity he gets. He knows that his chances of ever achieving his dream are nearly impossible, but nothing can stop a boy from dreaming, can it? One day he crosses paths with Sir Aldwyn and begs to buy the chance to merely hold Sir Aldwyn's sword for a moment. Sir Aldwyn obliges and, in ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
You can read my full review with ratings guide at http://www.theliteratemother.org

Sir Rowan has earned the reputation of one of the best knights in the land. He revels in the glory and fame this reputation brings. While traveling to a tournament, Rowan is attacked, beaten and taken prisoner. Eventually he is left for dead. He is found by a woman, dedicated to the Prince, who helps him regain his strength and recover. Healing comes both on the outside and on the inside as Rowan renews his dedicat
Feb 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
I have to confess, I was disappointed in this book. I have loved all of Chuck Black’s books, I am a huge fan, but this one just was hard to get into. It spans too many years for a book this small without enough connecting it. It was okay for a one time read but, unlike his other books; I can’t see myself rereading this one

What I liked about it.
It did show well that pride can ruin you, but God can take the broken pieces of your life and make something amazing out if it. Mr. Black does have a wond
Lori Twichell
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As the final book in Black’s Arrethtrae series, I couldn’t see how this story could possibly be better than the others that I’d already read. Yet with each book in the series, it seems that Black’s writing has taken off into a level of its own. The magnitude of Rowan’s tale seems so much bigger and more fulfilling than the 192 pages of the book. Though partway through, I figured out what Black was doing, I was still absolutely stunned at the ending. I finished this book with tears in my eyes, ne ...more
Brittany
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sir Rowan is a decorated tournament champion, and he believes that is his calling in life. But when Rowan is bettered by another knight and left to die, he reconsiders his priorities. Finally, he decides to serve The Prince at any cost and finds his true calling is greater and more important than anything he could have imagined. His path is riddled with danger and heart-break, but The Prince is with him through it all.
While I really enjoyed this book, it is my least favorite of The Knights of
Angela
Oct 25, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I recieved this book from a first reads giveaway. The first thing to say about it is, it has many parallels with the Christian faith. If you enjoy a book with the morals, values and revelations spoken of in the Bible, you will love this book. It tells the story of a Knight who is successful and done well with his life only for it all to be taken away, at which point his life changes to one of honor and service to his King. He is brought into the fight agaist evil for the sake of his King and his ...more
Connie
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The King gifted Sir Rowan, but the Knight of the Prince became distracted by pride and worldly desires, resulting in painful and humbling circumstances. Gratefully the King Who had called Rowan is the Lord of Grace.

I do not often cry when reading a book, but the description of the sufferings and death of those who live and die for the Prince and so others can know Him brings me great sorrow, and the uniting of His people in the Presence of the King gives me great joy. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

T
Marissa Suddreth
May 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
This story was full of action, adventure, a little romance... It made me cry a time or two. I have loved all that I read from Chuck Black, and even though I originally read the series when I was younger, I had to read the last book. I think I would have enjoyed this story a lot more if I was younger, but I still enjoyed reading it today. It's clean, and yet filled with enough excitement to please guys and girls alike. I definitely recommend! The King Reigns and His Son!
Rebecca (whenallotherlightsgoout)
July 2013

I enjoyed this series when I was younger, but never got around to the last book. I wish I had because I probably would have liked it better then. It just did not really capture my attention. I did not feel that the characters were is great peril and there were too many lulls. It picked up about halfway through and I started liking it a bit better. I'll have to admit I saw the end coming. Overall the book was good but predictable.
Marsha
Dec 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Won this book in a Goodreads giveaway....I could use some medieval novels to share with my students.

Not my favorite... I think it would have gone better had I started with the first in the series. I may try it again when I'm not so busy, but it's not my favorite.
Kasey
Nov 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great book, very good,quick read, I loved it, and I am passing it along to my daughter, who I am sure will love it alos, this book is the exact type of book that she loves to read !
Great job !
Layla
Jul 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: need-to-buy
i finished it in less than a day.....need i say more? :] it was awesome! (yeah i know i said more)
Marshall
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
It was good. A little confusing though. :)
johanna
3.5 stars.

Hannah
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant ending to a awesome series. Loved it immensely.
Chrissy
Sep 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing

Click On this link to see my review on book 5 and book 6 of this series... plus a giveaway ....

April
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of his favorites...so far!
shinfu
Oct 19, 2010 marked it as to-read
This looks like it will be a great book to read.
Rena
Amera Caballero
Jun 14, 2013
Rachel
May 09, 2012
  • Be Still My Soul (A Banner is Unfurled, #2)
  • The Princess Adelina: An Ancient Christian Tale of Beauty & Bravery
  • Night Song: A Story of Sacrifice (World War II Liberator #2)
  • Abish: Daughter of God
  • Venom and Song (The Berinfell Prophecies, #2)
  • The Two Collars (Bracken Trilogy, #3)
  • The Heart of Arcrea (The Arcrean Conquest, #1)
  • Dragons of the Valley (Valley of the Dragons, #2)
  • Enoch's Ghost (Oracles of Fire, #2)
  • Mystery of the Silver Coins (Viking Quest, #2)
  • A Healing Heart (Riverview Series #1)
  • Darien's Rise (Adventures In Odyssey: Passages, #1)
  • Hope Springs Eternal (Prairie River, #4)
  • Moonblood (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #3)
Chuck Black first wrote Kingdom’s Edge to inspire his children to read the Bible with renewed zeal. This captivating expanded parable led him to write the Old Testament allegories, Kingdom’s Dawn, Kingdom’s Hope, Kingdom’s Call, and Kingdom’s Quest. Chuck's currents works include the Knights of Arrethtrae series, Call to Arms, and his series in progress, Wars of the Realm.

Chuck is a former F-16 fi
More about Chuck Black

The Knights of Arrethtrae (6 books)
  • Sir Kendrick and the Castle of Bel Lione (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #1)
  • Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #2)
  • Sir Dalton and the Shadow Heart (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #3)
  • Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #4)
  • Sir Quinlan and the Swords of Valor (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Conjure (Hoodoo Apprentice)
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99