Start by marking “Firewalker (Stormwalker, #2)” as Want to Read:
Firewalker (Stormwalker, #2)

Firewalker

(Stormwalker #2)

Janet Begay's Crossroads Hotel has attracted the supernatural from the day it opened. Witches, Changers, and a mouthy magic mirror have decided to make it their home. But a new, dark power is rising—this time inside Janet herself.

Her boyfriend, Mick, a sexy dragon shape-shifter the Navajo call a Firewalker, knows what terrifying magic is threatening to overwhelm Janet and
Mass Market Paperback, 329 pages
Published November 2nd 2010 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Firewalker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Firewalker

new_user
Dec 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Firewalker was more of the same, and I mean that in a good way. Once again, we have the characters, action, and good times. ;)

I keep trying to articulate my impressions of this series in discussion threads and failing. James' humor isn't typical urban fantasy-grade. You know the sort, clever run-on sentences in dialogue that could only come from a writer's pen, never out of the mouths of real men and women -because, if nothing else, they would run out of oxygen.

James' humor is normal. Her charac
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
I was trying to write a review but I'm so tired from staying up half the night reading this book. I could not stop reading it. I read it walking, I read it cooking, I even read it while brushing my teeth. I loved every minute of it. I guess that says more than any review I could possibly write. So, until I sleep, that will have to be enough.

Update- still haven't slept but I thought I could at the very minimum explain why I loved this one even more..

1) The relationships- There is Janet and Mick,
Laura the Highland Hussy
Mar 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing

Wow, what a ride.
Dragons, and Coyote, and shifters and witches OH MY!

We enter this story with Mick trapped somewhere, and Janet has no one but Nash Jones, dickhead sheriff to help her out. And she only got his help through blackmail!

Once they've rescued Mick, he tells Janet that the dragon council will try him for disobeying an order in not killing her when he was first sent. He claimed her as his mate to protect her as much as he could, but he still will
Jenni Lea

Fabulous, fabulous read!
Shari Kay
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
What to say...I didn't like it much.

I read the first book in the series and gave it an average 3 star rating, but didn't write a review. I didn't really remember why I was so lukewarm about it. Now, I know.

I wasn't crazy about Jane. I thought the horny mirror was weird. I thought Coyote was weird with all the naked dreams and sexual talk with Jane. I thought it was downright disturbingly weird how Jane didn't really care that everyone saw her and Mick having sex through the mirror like a peep s
Alyssa Nelson
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series continues to get better! In the first book, Janet had to fight with her hell-goddess mother to get control over her life and powers; in this one, Mick is the one in danger. The dragons are after him for not fulfilling his duties, so now he has to stand trial, while Janet’s Beneath magic is growing stronger and causing all kinds of havoc — the very Beneath magic that makes her a target for dragons and gods alike.

I enjoy that we see Mick more vulnerable in this book. In the first one,
● ᴢᴏᴇʏ ●
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
• On one hand, the book doesn’t have the humor and witty banter that typically endears me to a book. On the other, I basically inhaled both this one and its predecessor.
• I LOATHE when one of the primary protagonists’ life is grievously endangered and/or terminated then returned as a plot point. Just, no.
• The sassy magic mirror is spectacular. Spectacular.
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Keri
What an awesome addition to this series!! Janet and Mich thought that the worst was over when her mother was sealed out in the desert. Well not so fast.

Nick disappeared a couple of weeks ago and Janet just got a message the he is in trouble. Once she finally gets him back, she finds out that Nick has to be put on trial in front of the dragon council for his decision not to kill Janet when he first met her.

But now Janet has even more things to worry with. She seems to have manifested even more
Lady Jaye
This was a waste of time. The only reason it wasn't a colossal waste of time was that after 40% of the way through, i gave up and skimmed most of it. I am NOT putting this as a DNF because of all the minutes of my life I won't be able to get back.

It was bad. Simply bad. Same inane characters from the first book; a different plot, but also inane all the same. Seriously? EVERY male to meet the main character says she's got balls/spunk? I frankly can't see what is so special about her, except for
Shelley
*Rating* 3 stars
*Genre* Paranormal Romance

*Review*

Allyson James' Firewalker is the second installment in the Stormwalker series featuring Janet Begay as the main protagonist. Janet is a powerful Stormwalker who is able to control the storms as well as heal herself and spin magic. Now, her beneath powers are growing stronger and telling her that she can be even more powerful if she were to release the Stormwalker part of her and embrace her dark side. She has been in Magellan for the past five mo
Amyiw
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 wow stars
This was really good though a bit all over the place in all the players. Janet now has a little voice inside her head and she is learning/trying to control her new powers. A lot of others fear her. The dragons were already after her but now they are putting it all on Mick. Coyote is giving her cryptic and not so cryptic warnings and threats. And the voice inside her head tells her to ignore them all.

So this starts with Mick being in need of rescue and a dead body found in the dess
Ami
Just when she thinks she is going to live a quite "peaceful" life with his dragon lover, Mick, Janet Begay finds that it could be a wishful thinking. First, his lover is missing, then she finds out that Mick might have to face a trial with dragon council who will just finds him guilty. Janet also starts to feel a different kind of magic within her, a Beneath magic that is so powerful and bad. On top of that, Janet must deal with an Undead that is ressurected with a godly magic and a thr
Deva
Feb 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Full review at http://urbanparanormal.blogspot.com
1.) Janet finally turned into a badass, albeit was mostly verbal but still, I was pleased with her skills to punk certain individuals. 2.) I was also surprised by Nash. Not only was he freaking useful, but he didn't get on my nerves, I actually was ready to have him in on the action. 3.) Maya was a better person as well. I actually found myself not wanting to strangle her myself. It wasn't that she was useful, just a lot less annoying. 4.) Cassan
Lynsey A
I enjoyed this one much more than the first book in the series. I did enjoy the first book in the series but this one seemed to have more action and more excitement. I felt much more connected to Mick in this one. (view spoiler)

I'm looking forward to the next in the series. The blurb on the back is what got me interested in reading this series.

Great addition to this series and I am very much looking forwa
☀Rachael☀
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow! Janet's powers are growing! A twisty turney read with lots of action!
Allyson
Mar 23, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Book 2 of the Stormwalker series
Melinda
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm quite enjoying this series. Action, magic, hot dragons, sassy heroines, crazy antics, saving the world. All good stuff and the dialogue and characters and world building are pretty good...except for NASH. I cannot stand this character. He is annoying, juvenile and really spoils my full enjoyment of the story. I hope he gets eaten by a demon or something.
Ruth
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
WOW! Just WOW!
Coucher de soleil
Overall I enjoyed this book, which was fun when taken as a light, 'fluffy' read. I had enjoyed the first book in this series, 'Stormwalker', and was looking forward to this one. I was disappointed in one respect however: this book felt a little rushed.

The reason I use the term 'rushed' is (and this may well not have been the author's fault but rather the publisher's) that there were certain problems throughout the book. Most of them were not major enough to be glaring, yet they detracted enough
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Firewalker is the second book in Ms. James’ Stormwalker series, and it starts a short time after the end of the first book. Janet Begay, a Native American stormwalker, with the power of Beneath magic from her goddess mother, has settled down in Megellan and opened up the hotel she was renovating throughout all of book one. She’s hired a witch, Cassandra, to manager her place and business is good. Mick’s been missing for three weeks, and although he has been more open with Janet since she found o ...more
Melindeeloo
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
(3*** = I liked it)

I was lagging on this series until I read the connected short Doubled Hexed in the Hexed anthology which inspired me to pick this back up.

First the good: I really love Janet, here she has settled a bit into her relationship with her one and only - dragon Mick - and she now has a handle on her storm powers but is struggling to control the dark god powers she's inherited from her evil mama. There is a good amount of action in Firewalker , with Mick in big trouble with the Drago
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
I finished this is in one day. That should tell you something right there.

In this installment, which is a little different than what the back of the book says, Janet is having a hard time trying to save Mick's life, her life and the lives of her friends.

It's tough being half-goddess.

It's even tougher when your friends and loved ones won't hesitate to kill you should you fail to control the magic that was instilled in you by your bitch mother and the earth.

It's a thousand times harder when the l
Rebecca
May 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Allyson James has two series about dragon shape-shifters; this one is the second in her Stormwalker series. Ms. James also writes historical romances under the name Jennifer Ashley, which are a lot of fun, so if dragons aren’t your thing but velvet and lace are, check her out! I read Stormwalker some time last year, but I didn’t realize that the sequel was out until I saw it at the library this weekend. This is actually better than the first book, and I enjoyed the first one considerably. Janet ...more
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
I first read Stormwalker to complete a challenge and enjoyed it so I had kept an eye out for Firewalker and was pleased to finally have the chance to read it.There are so many appealing elements in this series as I wasn't dissapointed by this sequel.
Janet Begay is a gutsy heroine with a strong sense of right and good sense. In Firewalker she is struggling with her dual magical natures - that of a StormWalker, and Beneath powers from her godess mother. I really liked James's exploration of Janet'
Darcy
Jul 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, uf, shifters, magic
This book really cemented just how much I really like Janet. She is a strong woman, one who believes in her friends and loved ones, but also asks for help when she needs it.

Janet and Mick are still dealing with the consequences of the last book, the major one being that Mick is now on trial for not killing Janet. With more dragons entering the picture we learn more about Mick and his background, which has some surprising revelations.

Janet also seems to be on trial with all the gods that are ar
Bonnie
May 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hadn’t realized how much I missed Janet and Mick until I decided to pick up ‘Firewalker’, the 2nd in Allyson James’ Stormwalker Series.

Firewalker opens with Janet managing her hotel, without Mick; he’s been missing for a few weeks with no word. Shortly afterwards a shifter informs Janet that she discovered where Mick is and Janet leaves immediately to help him; taking Nash with her. Together they are able to break Mick free of the magic prison that the dragons placed on him; however, as they
Vannessa
This second book in this series was even better than the first. Janet just attracts trouble and in this one she has plenty of it. First up is Mick's dragon trial, something Janet wants him to avoid completely, but something he is honour bound to attend.

When dead bodies start turning up inside out and one of Janet's hotel residents disappears, she begins the hunt to find him and to find out what has happened to every who has been killed.

I loved Janet in this one. She managed to work out how to
Kristen
Nov 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
*slight spoilers* I finished this book within two days because I cant get enough of this awesome series. Janet and the gang our back and the dragons are really not happy that Mick didnt kill Janet after she opened the vortex in the last book. Everyone is back, Nash, Maya, Coyote, and the magic mirror, also some interesting new characters such as more dragons, a witch, shapeshifters and a lot more awesome surprises. This book has a ton of action and death defying moments for Janet and she has to ...more
Anne
Dec 02, 2010 rated it liked it
I can't explain why I didn't like Firewalker more. The characters are solid, the plot is solid, and the writing is solid. I even liked that Nash is quite a bit more likable this time around. Even with all of that, I had to really push myself to finish it. It was just missing that something that normally sucks me into a world. It could be that I don't find the romance between Janet and Mick exciting. I'd really rather see her with Nash, but then where would that leave Maya? Hmmm. Could it be that ...more
  • Vampires Not Invited (Night Tracker, #3)
  • Hexed (Kate Daniels, #4.5; Otherworld, #9.5; Stormwalker, #2.5; Anna Strong Chronicles, #6.5)
  • Hellforged (Deadtown, #2)
  • Leashing the Tempest (Arcadia Bell, #2.5)
  • Crossroads (Southern Arcana, #2)
  • Bedeviled (Dark Breed #2)
  • Demon Blood (The Guardians, #6)
  • Black Heart Loa (Hoodoo, #2)
  • Blood Magic (World of the Lupi, #6)
  • Bone Magic (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #7)
  • As Lie the Dead (Dreg City, #2)
  • Unchained: The Dark Forgotten
  • Fatal Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #3)
  • Jennifer Scales and the Messenger of Light (Jennifer Scales, #2)
  • Black Howl (Black Wings, #3)
  • The Darkest Edge of Dawn (Charlie Madigan, #2)
  • Wounded (Little Goddess, #2)
Allyson James writes paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and erotic romance (paranormal and futuristic). She is a nationally bestselling author, a multiple RITA nominee, an RT Award winner, and a Prism winner. She also writes romance (paranormal and historical) as Jennifer Ashley. See Allyson's website for current and upcoming books. See also Allyson's GoodReads bookshelves for all books under all ...more

Stormwalker (6 books)
  • Stormwalker (Stormwalker, #1)
  • Shadow Walker (Stormwalker, #3)
  • Nightwalker (Stormwalker, #4)
  • Dreamwalker (Stormwalker, #5)
  • Dragon Bites (Stormwalker, #6)
“Hey, senorita, want to throw back some margaritas with me?"

Maya gave him a scornful look as only Maya could. "Who the hell are you?"

"Your dream come true, sweetheart."

"I might puke." Maya shoved past him, her toolbox just missing his groin. "It's too early in the morning for assholes.”
17 likes
“I couldn't help smiling back. Maya had decided opinions and didn't keep them to herself. "Jones had his chance, and he blew it. There's an old Navajo
saying that I think applies here: 'You snooze, you lose.' ”
7 likes