Start by marking “Executive Power (Mitch Rapp, #6)” as Want to Read:
Executive Power (Mitch Rapp, #6)

Executive Power

(Mitch Rapp #6)

CIA superagent Mitch Rapp battles global terrorism in a high-octane follow-up to The New York Times bestselling Separation of Power -- another chillingly authentic adventure from the master of the political thriller. Mitch Rapp's cover has been blown. After leading a team of commandos deep into Iraq to prevent Saddam Hussein from joining the nuclear arms race, he was publi ...more
Published April 27th 2004 by Pocket Star Books (first published May 6th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Executive Power, please sign up.
Kevin Schaeffer Mitch's only real weakness is his choice of women. Donnatella Rahn would be better for him than Anna Reilly...

Start your review of Executive Power (Mitch Rapp, #6)
Paul O'Neill
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, best one so far!!

If you enjoyed the tv show, 24, then you'll love this. One of my favourite series, Flynn never fails to disappoint.
Dave Schumaker
May 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Sometimes, I'm not sure why I keep reading these books. It's basically a guy's version of a romance novel. Spies! Bad guys! Action! Cheesy dialog! It's a literary version of the television show 24.

That said, any story involving Mitch Rapp is a page turner, no matter how poorly written or how much the author's disdain for things like the UN, diplomacy, and liberal universities seep through the story.

Break down:

+ 4 stars for mostly gripping story
- 1 star f
Richard
6.5/10

This was a disappointing entry into the stellar series in my opinion. There were three main plot elements and as it transpired there wasn't a great deal to link them in the end.

You can't fault Vince Flynn's ability to add a good bit of action/adrenaline sequence in which is what we got with a hostage rescue mission in the Philippines but there was no real need for this in the greater scheme of things. It's almost like the main plot wasn't long enough or filled with
Samuel
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
THE UNIONS

“Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.”- Napoleon.

Welcome to the second story arc of the Mitch Rapp saga. I like to call this one the "matrimony arc", due to it spanning Mr Rapp's marriage. Don't worry though. White picket fences aren't for the war on terror's blunt instrument, and the three acts that make up this part of the series features some of the more severe threats Rapp encounters.
Back in the day, before Al Quaeda and Daesh made the Middle East a constantly
P.S. Winn
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Global terrorism is on the rise and CIA agent Mitch Rapp is on the case. The author does a great job on a fiction novel that has the feel of reality.
Fred
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Number 6 in the chronological order of the Mitch Rapp series, Executive Power, was another good read from author Vince Flynn. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the previous 5 Mitch Rapp books, however, this story was somewhat slower than the others. Since Mitch's cover was blown in the previous book, Separation of Powers, Flynn sends Mitch's character in another direction. It appears that Mitch's life is now more administrative and husbandly that ever before. He is desperately trying to leave his ...more
Mohamed Shady
Jul 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is a complete pullshit
ElaineY
REVIEW OF 2ND LISTEN; SEPT 19, 2017

This time EP was a 5-star listen from the start until the final lap. I felt Flynn dropped the ball at the end and I had to take away a star. Two stars the first time I listened to this, four stars this time round.

The first time I listened to this I didn't know where Flynn was going with the dual arcs - one featuring David aka Jabril Khatabi and the other, Mitch Rapp, of course. These two arcs do not come together until towards the end of the book and it took a second
ChopinFC
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Imagine: going to the movies and not being able to eat popcorn; or ordering a burger and french fries and not having ketchup available or even going to the beach and not being able to swim in the ocean!

This is how frustrating this book felt to me! This is the sixth installation of Mitch Rapp's adventure, you know the super agent from the CIA who is a leader in covert operations, a martial arts expert, who takes pleasure in killing terrorists and enemies of the state.

The p
Linda Munro
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Every time I ordered this book from the library it would arrive with several other 7-day books and I was never able to complete the book before it had to be back. This time, as soon as I got the book, I sat and read it.

The Mitch Rapp series are full of adventure, terror and page turners from the start; no wonder there is always a waiting list for these Vince Flynn books!

While all books in the series make the reader believe they are actually reading a case from a current n
karl
Jun 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: recreation readers - planes, beaches
This is about the 3rd or 4th CIA, special ops, our stud hero is "Rapp", reads like believeable current events, fiction novel by Vince Flynn that I have read. I love his stuff, but maybe my Sunday Times friends would not stoop this low. It's exciting, there are two stories being developed at the same time, and those two stories meet near the end in a dramatic way. Flynn is from the Twin Cities. You can tell he probably is a fan of Dick Cheney, and not a fan of p.c. Prius-driving folks. Flynn thro ...more
The Cats’ Mother
6th in the Mitch Rapp series, if you include the two prequel books. This one has Mitch travelling to the Philippines to rescue an American family kidnapped by terrorists, while a Palestinian assassin is plotting to make the UN vote for statehood. This is the first book of the series set after 9/11 but it is only referred to in passing, which seems odd when read now, but it is over a decade old. There's the usual mix of action, intrigue and politics, and we get to see a more human side of Rapp - ...more
Benjamin Thomas
This one didn't seem quite up to Vince Flynn's standards although I am having trouble putting my finger on exactly why. It might be because it deals a lot with the Israel/Palenstine political situation which isn't my favorite. Or it might be because there are really two separate stories here, two novellas really, that only minimally tie-in together.

And Mitch Rapp's wife is really starting to annoy me.
William
We learn linguistically by 'pushing the envelope' absorbing a better word, but not by dumbing down a word's meaning to the level of colloquial misuse. :>decimate means to reduce by 10% not annihilation as used in the book
I don't like Anna Reilly. The character of Mitchell Rapp, as I know him, would not place himself in that position. She is very strong willed reporter. I wouldn't see a nature biologist picking up a coral snake barehanded because they admire it's beauty.
I like to l
Angela R. Watts
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, thrillers
STORY

Unlike the previous Rapp novels, this one took a bit of time before I was fully invested in the story line. Once I was hooked, though, I was hooked good and couldn't stop reading. The story follows Mitch as he maneuvers his new role as a CIA adviser.

A part of what didn't snag me is this very fact: Mitch has a new role. He's married, has a wife who doesn't want him in danger, and can't just go "fix" things. It got a bit tedious but plots must move forward and characters must
Soo
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Note:

It's really lazy to copy & paste your own work into a book without changing it up a bit. Word for word. Exactly the same. Not just once but in multiple books of the series.

Otherwise, still movie quality fun. There are sparks of really great description/action but they get overshadowed by the general tone of the plot/characters.

Also 2 thumbs up for George Guidall being back as the narrator. I kinda missed him. =)
Aaron
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable read and continuation to the series. This series is fun to read in between my fantasy books. I will continue to read the series to see what happens to Mitch Rapp
D.R.
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was bound to happen. Mitch Rapp gets married in "Executive Power," the sixth book in Vince Flynn’s series featuring the hard-hitting CIA agent, Mitch Rapp. Although Rapp promises his wife Anna that he’ll stay out of harm’s way, his marriage has little impact on the counterintelligence agent’s MO. In a matter of days after their honeymoon, Mitch is fighting rebels in the jungles of the Philippines, side by side with his SEAL buddies, rescuing a kidnapped American family and taking down a trait ...more
Ashish Iyer
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seemed to be shorter than other Mitch Rapp books but had all of the elements you come to expect for this series. No real complaints but I didn't really feel "wowed" at the end of it. I wouldn't say I was disappointed though. All in all it was a good read.
Michael
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the 6th of the Mitch Rapp series and the 6th that I've read as I've read them all in order.

This was a notch below the previous 5 books. Not a bad book but not what I've been led to expect considering those 5 books. Mitch didn't seem quite the same, whether that was due to his personal relationships or the change in jobs or that he is now much less than covert. Another factor could be that I've read so many of the series in a relatively short period of time that I'm somewhat b
Seán B
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vince-flynn
Love the Mitch Rapp series and enjoyed this one too. Although, I agree with the others who posted less than positive reviews, it was missing some of the great elements of previous books. Mitch's wife Anna had a bit part and annoying role to play in this one compared to the previous two books - hopefully book 7 puts her in a better light. The antagonist David was excellent and I am disappointed with how that turned out - would of thought of much better conclusion to that element of the story.

Mit
Eric
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
While this wasn't the best in the series, it was still a very enjoyable read. Unlike a lot of others who were disappointed the two plot lines didn't connect, I really enjoyed that they were two totally separate threats and issues that Mitch had to deal with -- it felt more real than having both of them linked for the sake of neat storytelling.
Demetrius Smith
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
CIA super-agent Mitch Rapp is the man. He makes everyone else look like an amateur. This was a great read packed with lots of action and some great plot twists.
Jilrene

Well. The ending was a bit anticlimactic. However, that isn't a bad thing. Sometimes, the unexpected happens.
Jeanne
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
There's a lot going on in this story, but the various story lines converge at the end. Full of action and suspense, paired with a hero you can't help but root for, all add up to a story that was a great listen on audio CD. Good story for my first read/listen for this author; made even better by a great narrator, George Guidall! Ratings bump because of the narrator -- 8 out of 10.
Mr. Gottshalk
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I have never read the series before this year, and I believe I am now a Mitch Rapp fan. Although this novel reads like two stories in one, it was filled with entertaining characters in a fast-paced narrative. I like how the author uses characters both with and against each other, and the chapters are just long enough to keep on turning pages. I recommended it!
Shawn
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Overall, an exciting thriller. I liked what Flynn did with the two simultaneous story lines early on, but ultimately I wish they were better integrated. The plot and ending is a bit far-fetched, not impossible just not all that plausible. But that's what one would expect from this genre.
Garlan ✌
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just your standard candy from Flynn. Another quick-paced, action-packed thriller that feels relevant in today's society.
Winter Sophia Rose
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Action Packed, Edge Of Your Seat Read!!! I Loved It!!!
Clay
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Boy, do I love Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series. These novels are always so cathartic for me in this modern world of massive bureaucracies gone mad. Flynn will expertly build this disastrous tension throughout the novel as things get worse and worse for our heroes and then finish it all off with some of the most satisfying conclusions I've ever read. It's so much fun to read these books. If, like me, you don't find many redeeming qualities in lifetime politicians, self-important bureaucrats and e ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Please add/update details 3 17 Mar 10, 2016 06:20AM
RIP Mr Flynn 54 168 Dec 21, 2014 08:59AM
Atterberry Englis...: Book Review 5 9 Mar 04, 2014 12:00PM

• Blowback (Scot Harvath, #4)
  • The Lions of Lucerne (Scot Harvath, #1)
  • State of the Union (Scot Harvath, #3)
  • Takedown (Scot Harvath, #5)
  • Path of the Assassin (Scot Harvath, #2)
  • The First Commandment (Scot Harvath, #6)
  • All Necessary Force (Pike Logan, #2)
  • One Rough Man (Pike Logan, #1)
  • Foreign Influence (Scot Harvath, #9)
  • Full Black (Scot Harvath #11)
  • The Last Patriot (Scot Harvath, #7)
  • Without Fail (Jack Reacher, #6)
  • The Apostle (Scot Harvath, #8)
  • Coup d'Etat (Dewey Andreas, #2)
  • The Last Refuge (Dewey Andreas, #3)
  • Enemy of Mine (Pike Logan, #3)
  • Foreign Agent (Scot Harvath #16)
  • Power Down (Dewey Andreas, #1)
The fifth of seven children, Vince Flynn was born in St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1966. He graduated from the St. Thomas Academy in 1984, and the University of St. Thomas with a degree in economics in 1988.

After college he went to work for Kraft General Foods where he was an account and sales marketing specialist. In 1990 he left Kraft to accept an aviation candidate slot with the United St

Mitch Rapp (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • American Assassin (Mitch Rapp, #1)
  • Kill Shot (Mitch Rapp, #2)
  • Transfer of Power (Mitch Rapp, #3)
  • The Third Option (Mitch Rapp, #4)
  • Separation of Power (Mitch Rapp, #5)
  • Memorial Day (Mitch Rapp, #7)
  • Consent to Kill (Mitch Rapp, #8)
  • Act of Treason (Mitch Rapp, #9)
  • Protect and Defend (Mitch Rapp, #10)
  • Extreme Measures (Mitch Rapp, #11)
“It was war, and in war the truth was almost always the first casualty.” 1371 likes
“It was not possible to reason with unreasonable people” 20 likes