Start by marking “One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish” as Want to Read:
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  165,727 ratings  ·  2,797 reviews
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish is a 1960 children's book by Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel). A simple rhyming book for learner readers, it is a book with a freewheeling plot about a boy and a girl, and the many amazing creatures they have for friends and pets. One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish was part of the Beginner Book Video series which included Oh, the Thin ...more
Published October 6th 2003 by Harper Collins Children's Books (first published 1960)

·  165,727 ratings  ·  2,797 reviews

Start your review of One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
James
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book Review
4 out of 5 stars for One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, a children's picture book written in the 1960s by Dr. Seuss. I loved this one as a child, and probably read it around 7 or 8 years old, then again at 10. Between the rhymes and tongue-twisters, it encourages kids to laugh and have fun when reading. Focusing on pets, under water fish are my favorite. All the colors, shapes and sizes. All the things to do with them. Dr. Seuss is a definite children's classic, but
Spencer Orey
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
Whoa, this book rules!! There's so much imagination. I've had to read a lot of Dr Seuss to my kid in the past two years, and it's been really hit or miss. Sometimes you get something classic like Green Eggs and Ham and sometimes you get a crap show like Cat in the Hat 2.

So this one really surprised me! It was wonderful. My kid was riveted. Super fun.
Sydney
Jan 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
This is the first book I ever read out loud to my mom by myself. Because of this, it will always have a special place in my heart. We had just moved to Illinois. I was 4 1/2. I kept asking my mom to read to me, but she was busy unpacking boxes. She said, "Sound out the words, just like I showed you, and you can do it yourself."
So in my determined little way I said, "Fine." Later that afternoon, I read it to her. She was shocked. She kept grabbing books off the shelf to test me, thinking I'd memo
Seth
(This review is in response to a request as to why I have only given One Fish, Two Fish... three stars)

Firmly ensconced in the middle tier of the Dr Seuss canon, One Fish, Two Fish... is many people's favorite for its light humor, catchy, Moliere-esque couplets, and clever use of repetition as well as surprise, as in the title, where the rhyming word comes at the beginning of a repeated syllable, rather than at the end of the phrase.

It earns its place as one of the most quotable (possibly only
Suzanne
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hardcover, indy, owned
It’s colourful
It’s a really good book
It’s the coolest book ever
I’m also interested in it as it’s written by Dr Suess and I like his writing
And I like his drawings
He’s a really good guy
I like it because it rhymed the whole book
It was very very very very funny!

By Indy 7 years of age!
Erth
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love these books
Archit Ojha
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Another ball out of the canon from Dr. Seuss.

“From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!”

Simply remarkable with the tongue twister of a rhythm. Enjoyment knows no bounds and age is just a number. The tune of this poem is hard to get out of the head.

ALL YOUR LIFE!

I am reading this to my kids. No more the simple 4 lines of Humpty Dumpty.

Dr. Seuss has arrived in their lives.
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
4 Awesome-sauce ★'s

“Today is gone. Today was fun.
Tomorrow is another one.
Every day,
from here to there,
funny things are everywhere!”

This picture book is from the 1960's and is by none other than the genius Dr. Seuss himself. It's perfect for reading aloud with its simple words, its easy to read with a known vocabulary, colors and short tales and superb rhyming which makes it a tone of fun for people of all ages. Per his usual, Dr. Seuss's books are always whimsical and witty. One Fish, Two Fi
Jason Koivu
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sheer poetry!

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish is a pure genius work of epic poetry. The beginning of the tale focuses on...you guessed it...fish. Pages and pages of fish with various characteristics (mostly harmless) are paraded before the reader in flashes of color and humor. But then (and this is where Dr. Seuss lost a star rating from me) the story veers off and begins introducing a random cast of beings more strange than an assortment of beasties rejected from a circus of the bizarre
Wren (fablesandwren)
Rhymes Rhymes Rhymes, My My My

Dr. Seuss is a classic and a poet and... no, I'm not going to be that cliché.

There wasn't much lesson with this one like some that he has, or purpose really. I think really he wanted to show kids that your imagination is important. Because obviously a lot of the things said are impossible, but the impossible is fun, you know? It is important to be impossible.
Mischenko
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are so many Dr. Seuss books that I love. One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish was a childhood favorite for sure. It still remains a treasure because the simple words and rhymes encourage children to read and they love it. Children love the colorful illustrations too.

5*****
James
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
More fun for the younger reader from the pen of Dr Seuss - lovely rhymes and illustrations as per usual and lots of fun.
Hirdesh
should have a pet
like this at home...
Ann-Marie
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, how I wanted to actually meet these wondrous creatures from the amazing imagination of Dr. Seuss when I was little.
Matter of fact, there are a few of them I wouldn't mind having as pets even now.
Stacy
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
https://twogalsandabook.com/ One of our favorite children's book. My grand daughter easily read this alone, and enjoyed it very much. ...more
Shaun
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was expecting this book to be about two (or possibly four 🤔) different colored fish — boy was I wrong! Rather, hoards of characters of all shapes and sizes are introduced in quick succession, most of them not sea-dwellers at all.

I felt the author could’ve explored each character in more depth, but hey, as a doctor I’m sure he’s very busy.
Stephen
Aug 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
3.0 stars. Another clever, original Children's story by the legendary Dr. Seuss. Not his best, but still great to read with the kids.
Brad
When I reach for a Dr. Seuss, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish is never the book I reach for. If I need something quick because the kids are late for bed, I grab The Sneetches and pick a tale. If there's more time, but I'm still in a hurry, Green Eggs and Ham is the perfect choice. When two year old Scoutie wants a book, I grab the easiest Seuss of them all, Hop on Pop (just as I did when the twins were babes). If I want to have some fun for myself, I grab the tongue twisterrific Fox in Sock ...more
Daniel Clausen
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-of-2019
One book, two book, red book, blue book...what a wonderful year it has been for reading! Instead of my normal book review, I thought I would use this last book review of the year to reflect on the year of reading. 2019 proved the old adage that the best investments are in old books and old friends. Since I consider books I've read before as old friends, it was a good year indeed!

The best of my re-reads included Murakami Haruki's Sputnik Sweetheart and Norwegian Wood. My own book "The Undergroun
Sarah Sammis
One of the joys of being a parent is sharing old favorites with my children. Harriet and Sean are now discovering Dr. Seuss. We are reading through all of his books and have landed on my all time favorite: One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. From the time I was Harriet's age to being in second or third grade, I read this book on an almost daily basis. I really don't know how many times I've read it (either listening to it being read by one of my parents or reading it myself).

One Fish, Two
Ally (The Scribbling Sprite)
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I rapped this book in front of a crowd of people last year. The "nook cook book" was a challenge, but I pulled it off quite nicely, I think.
Shaikhah
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Maybe its for kids, but its not for me for sure..
jenna Hudrlik
Oct 29, 2007 rated it did not like it
i know everyone will probably hate me for not liking this but it is a pain to read to your child - a bunch of nonsense words rhyming does not always entertain - and in this case neither me or caroline were entertained.
Shafeullah
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I deeply appreciate this book as it has made a large quantity of our population love reading, it's complex rhymes inspire generations of young authors and poets amongst us.
Sharon
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2016
The rhyming and tongue twisters are a great way to introduce young readers to the way that words can be used. The illustrations of weird and wonderful creatures are whimsical and a great way for children to use their imagination. Being presented with creatures that are not real can sometimes be a challenge for younger readers, but I believe that this can a great way to start conversations with children about the characters. Finding out what they think these creatures might be, what they do, how ...more
Shannon The Show Stopper
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
This is one of my favorites!
Max III
Sep 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
fuck you, book, you're like 30 pages too long
Rosemary Standeven
On Monday, on the BBC TV quiz ‘Only Connect’ there was a question where you had to guess the 4th in the sequence:

[Michael Fish picture] [Michael Fish, Michael Fish] ? ?

Once my husband had identified Michael Fish (ex-TV metereologist), I knew the answer was “One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish”, without having the faintest idea why. It just sounded right. The answer was then given, stating that it was a Dr.Seuss book.
Then on Tuesday, at the pub quiz, we had to decipher three book titles:
1 F
Malina Skrobosinski
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere."
 Charlie - A Reading Machine
My almost two year old falls asleep to this almost every day. Easy rhymes and lulling as hell!
2018 Roe Reading ...: One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - Dr Seus 2 3 Jun 29, 2020 09:38AM
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - Dr Seus 1 1 Jun 28, 2020 04:58PM
Get a 'Big Catch' With Salmon Fishing Charters 1 1 Feb 05, 2020 05:48AM
Help!!!! 1 10 Oct 31, 2017 08:43AM

• The Very Hungry Caterpillar
  • Are You My Mother?
  • If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (If You Give...)
  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
  • Goodnight Moon
  • Love You Forever
  • Where the Wild Things Are
  • Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
  • The Giving Tree
  • Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
  • Ten Apples Up On Top!