Start by marking “Star Trek Log Two (Star Trek: Logs, #2)” as Want to Read:
Star Trek Log Two (Star Trek: Logs, #2)

Star Trek Log Two

(Star Trek: Logs #2)

More lively adaptations from television's most popular science-fiction series!

Complete in this volume:

The Survivor: Our old friend Carter Winston is back aboard the Enterprise for a visit--or is he?

The Lorelei Signal: A strange "siren's song" calls the men of the Enterprise to an exotic planet--Lt. Uhura to the rescue!

The Infinite Vulcan: On a routine mission to Phylos, Sp
Mass Market Paperback, 182 pages
Published February 12th 1985 by Del Rey (first published August 12th 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek Log Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek Log Two

Bethany
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't really think a synopsis is necessary here. This book is a collection of three short Star Trek stories from the animated TV show. You know if you're the target audience here or not. Either that, or you live under a rock.

I've been trying very hard to avoid a reading slump lately and I've been reaching for a lot of short story collections to feed the evasive nature of this situation.

These stories were fun. They were exactly what I would expect from a Star Trek Log. although, one story
John
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi
1976 "logs 1 thru 9" grade B
2014 "Log 2" grade B

B+, C+, B+
Amy Lucas
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This book does the job and was a pleasure to read. There was nothing ground shaking within its pages, but it was certainly worth picking up.
Jason
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These are adaptations of the animated tv series. Many of the stories are quite enjoyable.
Baal Of
I initially gave this book four stars, and while it is true that my love of the original series is strong, and that I love reading these books, it really isn't as good as the four star books I've read so far this year. These stories aren't complex, or amazing, but for me it's like spending time with old friends, which I realize biases my response. The first story is a variation on a theme that has been done a number of times in the Star Trek universe - an alien that poses as human. Its deception ...more
Rich Meyer
Another Star Trek Log that pretty much coasts by on the strength of Alan Dean Foster's interpretations of cartoon scripts, this particular volume isn't one of the best in the series. The animated series had about the same percentage of clunkers to great episodes as the original series did, and the three episodes in this one (The Survivor, The Lorelei Signal, and The Infinite Vulcan) are all middling shows. Foster does make them rise above the limited level of the original stories, though.

The St
Cary Spratt
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, star-trek
Not nearly as enjoyable for me as Log One. Still well-written, but I had trouble getting through the first two stories. Not Foster's fault - he does a good job of turning the TAS episodes into short stories, but when the plots of the episodes themselves are lame... Maybe they weren't quite as cliched when they originally aired, but 'misunderstood shape-shifting alien masquerades as missing human' and 'alien women lure hapless spacemen to their doom'? Were those ever NOT cliched? The third story ...more
Ronald
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another set of three adventures from the animated series. As in Star Trek: Log One, the episodes are of pretty poor quality, but the author makes the best of the material (this time without the many typographical errors that plagued the first installment). Still manages to be somewhat enjoyable and if you're a fan of the original series and haven't seen the cartoon.

The episodes included herein are:
"The Survivor"
"The Lorelei Signal"
"The Infinite Vulcan"
Curtiss
Another three episodes from the Animated Star Trek Saturday morning cartoon series have been adapted by Alan Dean Foster in novella form. Nearly the only format available of the Animated Star Trek series.
Vincent Darlage
Aug 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-trek
I thought this was a pretty good trio of stories. I've never watched the Animated Series before, so these are all new to me. I've been watching each episode on Hulu after reading each one.
Kenneth
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-trek
A missing person, a world of women and the perfect human race.....
Charles
Oct 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
See my review under Star Trek Log 1: These are the stories from the Saturday morning cartoon of Star Trek.
Carol
standard star trek novelization
Jakk Makk
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Had this as a kid. Saw the cover and thought, I know I liked that one!
Roz Radmore
May 19, 2014
Rich
Sep 13, 2012

• Star Trek 5
  • Spock, Messiah! (Star Trek Adventures, #3)
  • World Without End (Star Trek Adventures, #10)
  • Perry's Planet (Star Trek Adventures, #13)
  • Trek To Madworld (Star Trek Adventures, #9)
  • Star Trek: The New Voyages (Star Trek Adventures, #2)
  • The Starless World (Star Trek Adventures, #8)
  • The Galactic Whirlpool (Star Trek Adventures, #14)
  • Mudd's Angels (Star Trek Adventures #16)
  • The Final Nexus
  • Web of the Romulans (Star Trek: The Original Series #10)
  • The Making of Star Trek
  • The Abode of Life
Bestselling science fiction writer Alan Dean Foster was born in New York City in 1946, but raised mainly in California. He received a B.A. in Political Science from UCLA in 1968, and a M.F.A. in 1969. Foster lives in Arizona with his wife, but he enjoys traveling because it gives him opportunities to meet new people and explore new places and cultures. This interest is carried over to his writing, ...more

Star Trek: Logs (10 books)
  • Star Trek Log One (Star Trek: Logs #1)
  • Star Trek Log Three (Star Trek: Logs, #3)
  • Star Trek Log Four (Star Trek: Logs, #4)
  • Star Trek Log Five (Star Trek: Logs, #5)
  • Star Trek Log Six (Star Trek: Logs, #6)
  • Star Trek Log Seven (Star Trek: Logs, #7)
  • Star Trek Log Eight (Star Trek: Logs, #8)
  • Star Trek Log Nine (Star Trek: Logs, #9)
  • Star Trek Log Ten (Star Trek: Logs, #10)