Start by marking “The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #7)

The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat

(The Five Find-Outers #7)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  2,418 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Who could have robbed the theatre's safe? The theatre safe has been robbed and Boysie, the pantomime cat, is top of the list of suspects. But could his best friend and fellow actress, Zoe, be the real thief?
Published April 3rd 2003 by Egmont (first published January 1st 1949)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #7)
Misha
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic novel. Very interesting. I wish I could be a find outer too because their mysteries are so amazing and this one was one of my favourites. Really a nice one. In the starting it was really difficult for them to solve this mystery but off course it was young bets who suddenly had a brainwave and as usual fatty used his clever mind to solve the mystery along with the other four and the dog!!

Also I wish Enid Blyton was alive so she could write more books like these !!
Kavita
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, mystery, uk
This is quite a grown-up style mystery, but the children manage to solve it. One of the best books from Blyton's Mystery series.
Raven
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, novels
Untuk Tantangan Baca GRI Agustus 2019: Buku yang Membuatmu Merasakan Nostalgia

Sejujurnya saya sudah tak ingat apa dulu saya pernah membaca seri Pasukan Mau Tahu. Zaman SD dulu kebanyakan saya baca buku rentalan. Meskipun begitu, Enid Blyton adalah pengarang yang selalu menimbulkan perasaan nostalgia dan buku Misteri di Teater Kecil ini tak kalah suksesnya.

Pasukan Mau Tahu terdiri dari lima orang anak nakal dan seekor anjing. Geng ini menyadari bahwa sering sekali terjadi kasus setiap mereka berk
Lady Clementina ffinch-ffarowmore
Findouters Challenge: Book 7. The second of the Findouters books with a “cat” in the title and theme. In this one, Goon is going away on holiday and is being replaced by a much-friendlier PC Pippin who is in every way Goon’s opposite. However, when it starts off Pippin is quite eager to please Mr Goon though he doesn’t quite believe what he has to say about the children. But Goon’s behaviour towards the children, and particularly Buster soon changes his mind. The children in the meantime have de ...more
Abigail
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Series
The seventh entry in Enid Blyton's fifteen-book Five Find-Outers and Dog series, in which five British schoolchildren spend their holidays playing detective, The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat sees Fatty, Larry, Daisy, Pip, and Bets tackling their most complex case yet. When Mr. Goon, the village police bobby and the children's nemesis, goes on vacation, the Find-Outers play a trick on his replacement, PC Pippin. Imagine their surprise when the false clues they've laid out for him, lead him to a r ...more
Kirsti
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This mystery really has them stumped, and of course it's little Bets who nails it. She really is a clever little thing, and what with her soft spot for Fatty I can see them married and solving crimes together! But I get ahead of myself, about the book. It was a good mystery, more serious than the usual Enid Blyton mystery. After all, being drugged and robbed is a little harsh. But there are lashings of food and fun, so you know it will end well, and the baddie seems repentant in the end. Goon ma ...more
Nira
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Mr.Goon is on holiday, a new police name Pippin are replace him. Elisabeth Hilton (Bets) very, very like Pippin. She give Pippin a name card...
Cheryl
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is about a cat that was very creepy and the five kids wanted to put a police man on a false mystery but ended up not as they expected
Carolina
Oct 03, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Calhou-me ler este livro, eu que odeio a Enid Blyton de morte e que odeio ainda mais os parvalhões dos bem comportados e bons meninos dos Cinco.

Sempre achei os Cinco uns patetas, uns meninos que não sabem viver aventuras e só fazem tropelias e se metem onde não são chamados simplesmente porque são irritantes e não sabem estar. Em vez de coleccionarem pedras como os miúdos normais andam por aí a inventar que apanham ladrões e que têm "pistas" e que são muito espertos. Irritam-me todos eles sem e
Bebe Phramthong
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think it was a fabulous book I had such a fun time reading it.I really liked the mystery books I loved it. The mystery is about the five find outer sand the dog has to make sure they can finish the mystery before poor Boysie and Zoe gets in trouble they did a very good job and the task but they have been missing one special clue they hadn’t thought about but clever little Bets had save them all see what happens next in the PANTOMIME CAT MYSTERY!!!

What a book but poor five find oysters has to d
Farseer
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another find-outers mystery. This time the novelty is that Mr. Goon is on holiday and a novice policeman, PC Pippin, is substituting him. The children extend their war against Mr. Goon to PC Pippin, but the young policeman turns out to be an ally. One has to remember that these are books for children, because the find-outers planting false clues for the police as a prank is funny in a whimsical child's universe, but it is less palatable for an older reader.

It's a fine story, as these mysteries g
Nadette Xuereb
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was really good. I'm currently rereading books from my childhood and these were my absolute favourite. I only read this once, contrary to other books in the series, around 12-13 years ago, but I sort of remembered the plot, maybe that's why it was predicable to me. I forgot how good it was though, I really enjoyed it.
Sha
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
The most baffling part of this mystery was how nobody in the entire cast realised that a costume can be taken off from one person and put on another.

There were a couple of funny lines, though. And I actually liked most of the setup. So I'm gonna go with "meh" rather than "ugh."
Catherine Ryan
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A extremely enjoyable blast from the past, I can remember reading all the "Five Find Outters" 30 plus years ago, and it's still as enjoyable :-)
Dhwani
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. One of the best of this series.
Alfeesya
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
It was an ok read for me but not really one of my favourites from Enid Blyton’s. However, The Find-outer are my always favourite characters!
Jake Collins
Oct 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book is a prime example of all Enid Blyton's shortcomings as a crime writer. Her nonsensical ideas about the operating methods and professional boundaries of the police force have never been more apparent or less believable, and the Five Find-Outers show themselves yet again to be devoid of any real detective skills.

I knew I didn't like this series, and now I can clearly see why. The horrendous mismatch of Enid Blyton's writing with the detective genre is actually worse here than in the Sec
priyadharshini  sridhar
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
this is one of the first books of enid blyton I read. as you see, I am not such a great fan of enid blyton. I did not develop interest in her books at all after reading one chapter of famous five. I did not like the book at all. one of my friends is a great fan of her unlike me.

however I love this series(mind it, only this series and maybe children at green meadows) written by her. it is full of mystery. just the way I like it. this was the first book I read of the series. I liked the funny nic
Irene
Oct 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Fatty masih terus bertahan sebagai tokoh favorit di buku ini. Peristiwa-peristiwa kebetulan yang di-setting pada awal cerita ini masih terkesan agak dipaksakan, tapi masih sanggup mengecoh saya dengan ending-nya. Karena saya sebenarnya tadinya berharap Enid bisa membuat ending yang lebih 'complicated'. Tapi mungkin karena saya tanpa sengaja masih saja belum sanggup mempertahankan pikiran bahwa buku ini adalah konsumsi anak dan remaja. I think I'm already too old for Enid Blyton, huh? Lol....
Daniel
Feb 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Akan selalu ada soft spot bagi saya untuk para anggota Pasukan Mau Tahu. Pip, Beth, Larry, Daisy, dan Fatty barangkali yang sudah menemani saya semasa kecil, tetapi mereka masih terus berumur dua belas tahun, sementara saya akan terus bertambah tua. Meski demikian, saya tidak akan pernah melupakan mereka.
Dianeh
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such fun!!! This is the first of the Dragon series I have read by Enid Blyton. It was such fun! Couldn't put it down. Now I know why so many people requested books by this author when I worked at a now defunct bookstore. If you have a chance to read them, I highly recommend them to both children and adults.
Mihir Jain
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am one of those weird Enid Blyton fan who've read at least one of ALL her other characters except The Famous Five. But I particularly remember the Five Find-outers: these were where she made me laugh and my mother worry. The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat was probably my second book from the series and one that I intend to read again as soon as I can
Sean Harding
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: blyton-enid
Book seven of the series and almost half way through. Goon takes some leave so the kids think what a great idea let's prank the new walloper and then of course it leads to a mystery and Goon has to come back ?!!? Anyway typical FFO story with normal events around a different mystery.
Alberto Delgado
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
un libro que leí de pequeño y me encantó , no lo volvería a leer porque seguro que ahora perdería el encanto de aquella lectura. Para los de mi generación enid blyton fue nuestra jk rowling con sus historias de misterio a lo agatha christie para niños.
Tommy Verhaegen
Mooi opgebouwd verhaal. Klassiek verloop. Valse sporen. Goede agent, slechte agent. Controleren van alibis. Doorstrepen van verdachten. Arrestatie van onschuldigen. Ingeving van Betty. Grote revelatie. Een echte klassieker.
Grace Sargeant
Very nice book!
Noora
Jun 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nuortenkirjat
Lisää väliluettavaa. Ei sen kummempaa sanottavaa kuin edellisestäkään kirjasta.
Sangeetha
Aug 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Liked it! :)

• King Ottokar’s Sceptre (Tintin, #8)
  • Waiting for Anya
  • Death the Barber
  • The Survivor
  • Of Dogs and Walls
  • The Problem That Has No Name
  • The Viper's Nest (39 Clues, #7)
  • Sue Barton, Staff Nurse (Sue Barton #7)
  • Sue Barton, Superintendent of Nurses (Sue Barton, #5)
  • Taivas, mikä sisar!
  • The Black Circle (The 39 Clues, #5)
  • Offrens offer
  • In Too Deep (The 39 Clues, #6)
  • The Sword Thief (The 39 Clues, #3)