Start by marking “日常 (4)” as Want to Read:
日常 (4)

日常

(日常 (Nichijou) #4)

Published January 26th 2009 by 角川コミックス・エース

To ask other readers questions about 日常, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 日常

Start your review of 日常 (4)
Sam Quixote
Ah well, it had to happen: an unfortunately crappy book from Keiichi Arawi, my favourite new creator. The fourth volume of Nichijou doesnt have nearly the amount of fun sketches that Ive gotten used to reading in this series.

I laughed at the teacher in love with the other teacher and the repeating gag. The poor hapless principal is still funny - this time not only did his toupee fall off but also his false teeth!

The best characters, the Professor, Nano and Mr Sakamoto, didnt really have any
Chris
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Eh.
Mehsi
Nichijou is one of those manga series that I just look forward to.

It is also a series which has humour that is hit and miss. Some jokes work fine for me, some jokes just get old. For instance in this one I was just annoyed with the professors childish things. Yes, I know she is a child, but it seems she never does grow up. Instead she does the most stupid things, blames it on others, hurts peoples feelings, and in overall she is the least favourite of all my characters.

Luckily the rest of the
Katherine
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The theme park chapter with Yukko's lost wallet is the best evereverever.
Nadina
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
So, after reading four volumes I will not be continuing this series. I find the changes in the layout from chapter to chapter to be quite confusing, you have to spend the first page figuring out if you are reading right to left from top to bottom or top to bottom then left to right. Additionally I feel as if there are too many characters to follow. Finally it is really hard to figure out the ages of the various characters as everyone looks the same age. It could have had potential, it just ...more
ray-chel ♥
When I first picked up this series, I had no idea what I was reading. It did not make sense at all to me. I gave it a second try, and now I am hooked! I think this book along with #1-3 are funny, punny, and ridiculous! I need the books to be translated faster!
Bowen Bothello
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really funny book with not that many translation issues. Some jokes just don't work due to the language barrier though.
Jaylie
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great volume. Good series, but this book was a bit boring compared to the rest of the series.
Josephine (biblioseph)
Not as big a fan of the teacher hijinks as the students. So far volume 2 is my favorite of these bizarre sketch series.
Nam
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were quite a few funny ones here. My faves were the coffee shop, the theme park, and the daruma.
Terrence
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While I thought the last volume was the best yet, this one was a step back, especially if you're a fan of the anime. The vast majority of this volume is stuff that was adapted for the small screen, and it's just personally not my favorite content. While Nichijou isn't a big feel good series, as characters are the butt of jokes most of the time, there's usually a cute moment or two throughout, but these particular stories all caught our characters at their worst with not a lot of levity to end ...more
Matisse
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love you, Weirdly Japanese Peanuts. This volume went a bit more dry and mundane than the last one, and it's nice that Arawi switches it up once in a while.

Also: Sakamoto looks fuggin' shifty in the manga. In the Anime, he's a mildly-frightened-looking cat, but here, he just looks like he's got something to hide. There are a few vignettes that end with him just staring, almost like he's plotting his time. (It's hilarious, of course.)
Jason
Arawi really uncorks the weird in this one. It's more what I wish the rest of the series has been so far. There were still a number of gags that went right over my head, but I laughed out loud plenty.
Emmy
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: absurd, manga
Probably the funniest book in the series so far. Sooo many excellent moments from the anime. There were several times that I literally laughed out loud while reading this book, and I'm very glad I was alone at the time, haha.
Monique
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you've stuck with the series this long, you're getting more of the same absurd humour and adorable gags. Still some cultural references that are beyond me, but it's so charming I hardly mind.

It's a series that's not for everyone, by I find it pretty darn adorable.
Adan
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really should stop reading these on the bus ride to work. I end up laughing so loudly, everyone else on the bus gets really annoyed at me.
Tom
Jul 01, 2017
Katie Tran
Feb 17, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Yotsuba&!, Vol. 1 (Yotsuba&! #1)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 2 (Yotsuba&! #2)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3)
  • My Neighbor Seki, Vol. 2
  • My Neighbor Seki, Vol. 3
  • ワンパンマン 2 [Wanpanman 2] (Onepunch-Man, #2)
  • とんがり帽子のアトリエ 1 [Tongari bōshi no atelier 1]
  • 古見さんは、コミュ症です。volume 1 (Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu., #1)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 5 (Yotsuba&! #5)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 4 (Yotsuba&! #4)
  • The Seven Deadly Sins, Vol. 2
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 6 (Yotsuba&! #6)
  • The Complete Chi's Sweet Home, Part 4
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 15 [Boku No Hero Academia 15] (My Hero Academia, #15)
  • The Complete Chi's Sweet Home, Part 3
  • The Complete Chi's Sweet Home, Part 2
  • 暗殺教室 2 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 2] (Assassination Classroom, #2)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 16 [Boku No Hero Academia 16] (My Hero Academia #16)
Arawi Keiichi あらゐ けいいち is a japanese mangaka.

日常 (Nichijou) (10 books)