Start by marking “The Complete Fuzzy (Fuzzy Sapiens, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Complete Fuzzy (Fuzzy Sapiens, #1-3)

The Complete Fuzzy (Fuzzy Sapiens #1-3)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  338 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
More than three decades ago, H. Beam Piper's bestselling science fiction novel Little Fuzzy captivated readers everywhere. Now, all three of Piper's delightful books are available for the first time in one volume: Little Fuzzy, Fuzzy Sapiens and Fuzzies And Other People.
Published December 1st 1998 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Fuzzy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Fuzzy

Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
Angel Graham
Nov 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun read. I fell in love with the Fuzzies straight away. I enjoyed that this had three of the books about the fuzzies in it.

If you enjoy a read that is fun, with a small touch of redemption and sci-fi, pick this up. You won't be sorry.
Manuel Antão
Sep 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2008

(Published originally on:
The Complete Fuzzy (Paperback) by H. Beam Piper

description

Piper belonged to a school of writers, who didn’t question the notion that Man was the best thing that had happened to the Universe. His was a literature of high organization and obscure knowledge. He also believed in the reconciliation of problems by logic, common sense or compromise, and in the last resort, by justifiable force.
The three fuzzy books that I’ve just read (“Little Fuzzyâ€, “Fuzzy Sapiensâ€, “Fuzzies
Gregg Wingo
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
With the permission of the H. Beam Piper estate, John Scalzi was able to re-write the first novel of Fuzzy trilogy, "Little Fuzzy". The original trilogy is also available under the title "The Complete Fuzzy". All four works are focused on humans encountering a previous unknown intelligent species on a world undergoing extensive exploitation by a corporation.

Both "Little Fuzzy" and "Fuzzy Nation" are focused on the nature of capitalism and indigenous peoples, a topic still relevant to us today a
Kira
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book more than five stars, I would do so. It is heart-warming, intriguing, adorable, and fun. It also has something to teach, and if you can't take something away from what you're reading....well, I can't actually comprehend not being able to take something away from a read. Suffice it to say, this book has something to say, and has the best outlook on humanity, even my cynicism was put in its place with this read. Truly phenomenal. Read it. Then, read it to your children/pe ...more
Michael
Mar 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I read these books during middle school, or perhaps it's because they're a really interesting glimpse of early 1960s culture applied to life on a distant colony planet of Earth...but it's mostly due to the fact that the books are fun and and interesting. They can be read as a critique of colonialism through a speculative-fiction lens, thought I didn't know that when I was 13.
Jim
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it

Little Fuzzy, Fuzzy Sapiens, and Fuzzies and Other People are brought together in a unique one-volume collection of the author's best-selling science-fiction series, first published more than three decades ago. Original.

Michaelt
May 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scifi
An interesting books about discovering new sapient life on a planet humans are exploiting. What do the people in power do and what if the sapience is in question? This book explores these topics and more. This book contains all 3 Fuzzy novels by H. Beam Piper.
Jessica Zoop
Mar 08, 2014 rated it liked it
A dated view of humans knowing what is best for an underdeveloped, (but lucky for them) cute species.

I prefer John Scalzi's updated, snarky take on this story with the fuzzys knowingly using their cuteness to manipulate the lumbering interlopers.
Fredrick Danysh
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Several stories about the fuzzy intelligent creatures on a planet rich in minerals that industrialists want and are willing to exterminate a species to gain control. Includes a long lost manuscript.
Jake Bs
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I really enjoyed the Fuzzy series. They were a very simple and enjoyable read that tied in some interesting legal concepts. H. Beam Piper is definitely an author that I'm going to read more of.
Amanda
3.5; good wholesome classic sf
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
a story of a alien race meeting a human man, how he finds their intellegence and acceptance appealing and how he protects them from other men
Robert
May 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: x2009-10-season
An intriguing blend of sci-fi, 19th century paternalism philosophy and legal thriller, this is a classic I am sorry to say I just learned about in the past month.
Brian Hopper
Alex
Aug 15, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Rx for Chaos
  • Works of Alexandre Dumas (Illustrated)
  • Rocky Road
  • Better Body Workouts for Women
  • Earthman's Burden (Hoka, #1)
  • The Harry Harrison Megapack: 12 Classics of Science Fiction, including ROBOT JUSTICE, DEATHWORLD, and DEATHWORLD II
  • Gotta Have It
  • Fix-it and Forget-it Cookbook
  • Allies in Healing: When the Person You Love Is a Survivor of Child Sexual Abuse
  • Considering Hate: Violence, Goodness, and Justice in American Culture and Politics
  • What's a Disorganized Person to Do?
  • Exclusive
  • Copernick's Rebellion
  • The Enchanter Reborn
  • Strength Training for Women
  • Shadows of the Gods (Crimson Worlds Refugees #2)
  • Beginning to Heal
  • The Bloody Sun (Darkover)
Henry Beam Piper was an American science fiction author. He wrote many short stories and several novels. He is best known for his extensive Terro-Human Future History series of stories and a shorter series of "Paratime" alternate history tales.
More about H. Beam Piper

Fuzzy Sapiens (8 books)
  • Little Fuzzy (Fuzzy Sapiens, #1)
  • Fuzzy Sapiens (Fuzzy Sapiens, #2)
  • Fuzzies and Other People (Fuzzy Sapiens, #3)
  • Fuzzy Ergo Sum