Start by marking “Kissing Santa Claus (Men of Hawaii #3)” as Want to Read:
Kissing Santa Claus (Men of Hawaii #3)

Kissing Santa Claus (Men of Hawaii #3)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  465 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Three hottie humbugs find holiday magic where they least expect it...

Donna Kauffman
Lock, Stock and Jingle Bells
Holly hates the yuletide season more than ever since she inherited her mother’s Christmas novelty store, but her childhood pal Sean’s determined to warm her up - to Christmas and to him. When they uncover a diary concealing secrets involving both their families, t

Paperback, Brava, 307 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Kensington (first published September 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Kissing Santa Claus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kissing Santa Claus

The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar WildeWaiting for Godot by Samuel BeckettBeing John Malkovich by Charlie KaufmanHallucinating Foucault by Patricia DunckerMissing Joseph by Elizabeth  George
The Male Gerund Phenomenon
120th out of 164 books — 25 voters
Christmas Wishes by Danica WintersWinter Fairy by Lola KarnsWhile Snowbound by Anna J. McIntyreChristmas Dinner by Robyn NeeleyPastels and Jingle Bells by Christine S. Feldman
Contemporary Christmas/Winter Romance
346th out of 381 books — 357 voters

More lists with this book...

Hannah
Lock, Stock, and Jinglebells
Donna Kauffman
2 stars

I could not wait for this story to be over. It was mind-numbingly boring. I couldn't drum up any enthusiasm about the romance, and the plot about the Christmas shop Holly inherited from her mother was anything but compelling. The subplot about the journal Holly discovers in an antique roll-top desk felt completely out of place in the story. I consider 2 stars a generous rating.

Bah, Handsome!
Jill Shalvis

Very cute! This is actually the firs
Libby Waterford
I really liked all three stories, but especially Jill Shalvis's. Her story was sexy and believable. Also I'm a big fan of heroes who wear glasses. ;)
Amanda
Lock, Stock, and Jingle Bells
by: Donna Kauffman

Holly and Sean sound like the perfect couple. It is a shame that they wasted all that time that they could have been together just because they were both so afraid of being rejected.

If not for Holly's mother leaving her the store she may never have reconnected with Sean... she may have missed out on true love, and a real family.

Bah Handsome!
by: Jill Shalvis

Hope has been through a lot in her life, she has dated all the wrong guys in the past and paid
CJ - So, you wanna play with magic?
The first one, "Lock, Stock and Jingle Bells" was a pretty good story, some editorial fixes needed to be made but satisfactory.

So far "Bah Handsome" the second story really got me. The writing was fresh, witty and sexy and I liked the two main characters enough to wish that there had been a longer book on top of that I liked the secondary characters enough to wish that there had been another book about them. Sheesh, I'm going to have to find more from this woman because our writing styles are
Heather Tisdale
I'm not sure. Some stories had potential, but they end the minute you get into them. Short stories either don't develop their characters well, or do a good job with the characters, but end the book too suddenly without the proper rises and falls. Very few authors manage the right balance. I saw potential in the first two, but Dimon was the only that I really got into because it felt more complete. Although, the Shalvis story made me want more and was more interesting for me. I just felt like it ...more
Jessi
Lock, Stock and Jingle Bells<\i> by Donna Kauffman
Holly fled her hometown and her mother's Christmas store. After years abroad, she's now back to deal with the store since her parents retired and handed over the keys.
Sean, a chef whose family restaurant is across from the Christmas store, has always had a crush on Holly and now that she's back, he's not wasting any time.
An okay story.
Bah Handsome<\i> by Jill Shalvis
Bummed because I've read this one.
Hope had to borrow money from her
Cherise
The first story by Donna Kauffman was OK. Some of the dialogue was a little odd to me, but the story wasn't that great, or that bad. Just middle of the road.

I really liked the second story by Jill Shalvis. It was a cute and witty short story and I really enjoyed it.

The third story was a dud. I gave up somewhere after chapter two. I tried reading chapter 3 but found myself thinking about laundry and dishes and other things more exciting than the story. LOL
Carolyn F.
Anthology.

1. Lock, Stock & Jingle Bells by Donna Kauffman. Holly comes back to her hometown after her mother and father retire leaving her a Christmas theme store, inventory and all. She runs into Sean, the nice jock she had a crush on in high school, who happened to also have a unrequited crush on her. Now she has to decide whether to sell everything and go back to London where she had settled or stay and maybe start something with Sean. Very good, sweet, romantic story. ****

2. Bah, Handsom
Beverly Diehl
I'm a fan of Jill Shalvis, have recently read and enjoyed Helenkay Dimon, so figured I had a two out of three chance of loving this anthology.

Lock, Stock, and Jingle Bells by Donna Kaufman
Holly Berry Bennett, a late-in-life Christmas baby, has been surprised by her mother, who was crazy about all things Christmas, with the "gift" of her boutique Christmas store in small-town South Carolina. She's free to continue to operate it, or sell it, her choice.

I simply didn't find Holly a compelling or pa
Denise
Was this the best book I ever read? No. Was it an okay read, yes.

This book has three shorts in it:

Lock, Stock and Jingle Bells by Donna Kauffman
Bah Handsome by Jill Shalvis
It's Hotter at Christmas by HelenKay Dimon

All three were cute but would I feel compelled to read more about any of the characters, not really. When I finish a book/story wanting more of the characters, wanting to see what further is going to happen in their lives, those books get 4 to 5 stars.

I like Christmas oriented storie
Kezermezer
I wish I could give this 2.5 stars, but I'll tip it up to three because of Shalvis' contribution and, to a lesser degree, Dimon's.

"Lock, Stock and Jingle Bells" by Donna Kauffman

It's with greatly conflicting emotions that Holly returns to her childhood hometown at Christmastime to figure out what she's going to do with the store her mother left her when her parents unexpectedly retired. And who should she meet up with but her childhood crush Sean, who runs his family's restaurant across the str
Michele
Three hottie humbugs find holiday magic where they least expect it...
Donna Kauffman Lock, Stock and Jingle Bells

Holly hates the yuletide season more than ever since she inherited her mother’s Christmas novelty shop, but her childhood pal Sean’s determined to warm her up—to Christmas and to him. When they uncover a diary concealing secrets involving both their families, this could be the Christmas that changes their lives forever…

Jill Shalvis Bah Handsome!
Behind on her bills, B&B owner Hope r
Patti Korbet
Overall, not a bad read. I read this primarily for the Jill Shalvis story and also because I wanted to see if I liked Helenkay Dimon, since she has a series set in Hawaii, and this seemed like a good way to sample the Men of Hawaii stories. It was much better than the last collection I read for a couple reasons.

First, the stories were longer (only three total, all about 100 pages) and that let them develop a little better. Second, I'd say they were written by authors with a little more talent fo
Judy Goodnight
The only reason I read this book was to play catch up with Jill Shalvis's backlist of books. On her own, I'd give Shalvis's contribution, "Bah, Handsome!" 3.5 stars. Jill knows how to bring both the sexy and the funny.

Unfortunately, her story is paired with two other poor contributions, one by Donna Kauffman, the other by Helenkay Dimon. Neither of those would lead me to read their full-length works. The less said about their portions of this book, the better. If you pick this up, just read Jill
Caro
This was a pretty good book. I liked two out of three of the stories. The characters and plots were good. The first one was ok, but didn't really pull me in, the second and last one did. I liked the tempers and emotions, the personalities, humor, and pretty much the whole feel of those ones. I smiled and laughed, wanted to smack a few over the head, got a little huffed up, and loved the overall (semi) Christmas feel. Although these were definitely set in the season, the title still confuses me, ...more
Jillian
I only read the first two stories. The third got on my nerves a few pages in for some unidentified reason.
Bernette Beals
Kissing Santa Claus review

Kissing Santa Claus is a delightful book with three Christmas themed short stories written by three quality authors, Donna Kaufman, Jill Shalvis, and HelenKay Simon.
Carrie
3.5* overall

Lock, Stock, and Jingle Bells by Donna Kauffman: 2.5* Just boring mostly, and a little silly.

Bah Handsome! by Jill Shalvis: 3.5* Cute story with some trademark Shalvis humor. The bear cub was a nice touch! Especially since I've seen pictures posted on her (hilarious) blog of the bears that come near her house in Colorado!

It's Hotter at Christmas by HelenKay Dimon: 3.5* This might be my favorite of the three. I've never read Dimon before but I loved her humor. I'm going to try a full-
Ada
3 very good reads.

Donna Kaufman's story really sweet. It was quick paced but hit all the right spots.

Jill Shalvis' Bah Humbug was sexy. I wish this one had been a little longer. No question Jill knows how to write. It was funny and spicy and a just plain good read.

HelenKay Dimon's story ended it and it was mostly spicy. The chemistry between Ted and Marissa was hot but the rest of the story was ok.
Jody
A collection of 3 short stories. These types of books are like brain candy to me, love reading them even though you know the ending when you first start reading the book. The only thing I don't like is that each of the stories end too quickly and sometimes you don't get to know the characters as well as you would like to.

I would recommend this book as a fun, fluffy read.
Carey LaBella
Cute collection of novellas. Wish they had connection in some way instead of complete stand alone stories.
Bri
Cute, but I really wish Jill could write about a "nerd" without beating that fact like a dead horse and explaining over and over why that "nerd" could be hot. Not everyone's version of a sexy man is someone who's a badass with callouses on their fingers. Not from playing guitar.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
A good grouping of heartwarming Christmas stories with hot love scenes and multi-dimentional charactersa. I am really liking the ongoing Gallagher/Hamilton stories. Full of family love, loyalty, and open arms to bring outsiders in to the fold. Good read!!
Just - The romance reader
A sexy trio of festive Christmas stories to get you in the mood. If not in the Christmas mood, definitely in another kind of mood lol. If the hot, hunky guys in these three stories were my Santa Claus, I'd definitely want to be kissing Santa too!
This was a mixed-bag for me. I thought the first story was pretty dang boring with no conflict. The second and third stories were cute, if the abandonment of life for a completely different climate after a week was a bit rushed.
Ralynn
this book had 3 stories in one but I didn't like any of them, they just ended leaving you wondering if things worked out all 3 stories needed more chapters to tie things up.
Lynne
Fun set of stories. It was very obvious that two of these stories were continuation of a series. I'd like to read those back stories. I wish they were put a notation somewhere what the other stories are.
Shannon
I thought the second story that was written by Jill Shalvis was really cute. I didn't care for the first story at all and the third story was just ok.
Moran
The best story was HelenKay Dimon's story- I bought the book because of her story since it's part of a series. The other 2 stories were just O.K.
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • Heating Up The Holidays (Harlequin Blaze, #435) (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #3)
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze, #292)
  • Bad Boys Southern Style
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • A Very NASCAR Holiday (Colby Agency, #35)
  • Holding Out For A Hero (Men of Hawaii #4)
  • Christmas Getaway
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Includes: Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Holiday with a Vampire II
  • Mother, Please!
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • Jinxed!
USA Today bestselling author of the Bachelors of Blueberry Cove series, DONNA KAUFFMAN has been gratified to see her books get rave reviews in venues ranging from Kirkus Reviews and Library Journal to Entertainment Weekly and Cosmopolitan. She lives in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in western Virginia, where she is presently applying her crafty DIY skills to decorating her new mountainside ab ...more
More about Donna Kauffman...

Men of Hawaii (5 books)
  • Your Mouth Drives Me Crazy (Men of Hawaii #1)
  • It's Hotter In Hawaii (Men of Hawaii #2)
  • Holding Out For A Hero (Men of Hawaii #4)
  • Impulsive (Men of Hawaii, #5)
Sugar Rush (Cupcake Club #1) The Cinderella Rules (Glass Slipper, Inc., #1) Bad Boys in Kilts (Chisholm Brothers #1) Merry Christmas, Baby Sweet Stuff (Cupcake Club, #2)