Start by marking “What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)” as Want to Read:
What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)

What a Dragon Should Know

(Dragon Kin #3)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  12,796 Ratings  ·  480 Reviews
Attraction that’s off the scale…

Only for those I love would I traipse into the merciless Northlands to risk life, limb, and my exquisite beauty. But do they appreciate it? Do they say, “Gwenvael the Handsome, you are the best among us—the most loved of all dragons?” No! For centuries my family has refused to acknowledge my magnificence as well as my innate humility. Yet fo
Mass Market Paperback, 460 pages
Published September 1st 2009 by Zebra (first published 2009)

Anne
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not quite as super-funny as some of the other installments, but still excellent!

M'kay. Not to poop on the parade, but I had to do some mental editing when it came to our hero.
Let me explain why..
Gwenvael has long blonde hair.
Now, when I think of long blonde hair on men my mind wanders into two distinctly different directions.

A) Growr!
description

And

B) I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
description

Alrighty, it's not just long blonde hair, though.
Gwenvael is described as having blonde hair that comes below his knees.
To me
Sh3llraiser
My main issue with this one is that it felt like Gwenvael only had a supporting part. There were so many other characters and side stories going on, I felt the romance between him and Dagmar was a secondary plot! Me no likey.

So I'm deducting a star. The steamy parts were excellent, but not enough. I am not interested in the other plots either, so I ended up skimming after awhile. Sigh. Dagmar was a fabulous female character.

I'm not an Annwyl fangirl either, so her part in this was just so-so fo
Jilly
Know your audience.

By the time the readers hit a book number 3 in a series, they have certain expectations. In this case, we want outrageous and funny dialogue, crazy bloodthirsty characters, and plenty of dragon sex. Unfortunately, this book decided it was time to go "deeper", or maybe it just wanted to expand the world and story.

How dare you try to make shifter-smut serious?

Instead of getting my favorite dragon Gwenvael's story we get everyone else's continuation of their stories with a dash
Mariana Zapata
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've caught up on all the books, and this one was my reigning favorite. I wasn't sure about our handsome Gold at first, and I was making faces at the fact that Dagmar was described as "plain." Because that just seemed to easy to predict but...

HOLY CRAP.

I laughed so hard throughout the entire novel. I loved their relationship, chemistry, and dialogue. They made sense to me. I loved both characters and appreciated that while the plot was moved along, our two little liars' relationship wasn't forgo
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
G.A. Aiken’s Dragon Kin series continues to capture my heart and keep me up night after night. WHAT A DRAGON SHOULD KNOW is Gwenvael and Dagmar’s book. Dagmar is the only daughter of The Reinholdt and she is a mastermind politician who simply kicks ass. While she isn’t like my favourite warrior, Annwyl the Blood Queen, Dagmar still fits in with these fierce warriors in her own way. With her spectacles and her modesty, Gwenvael can’t believe that he is meeting The Beast of the Northlanders. Howev ...more
Lucille
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
/5 stars for Gwenvael (my personal whore)! All I can say is that this book is probably the best in the series. At the moment. I have yet to read Keita the Viper and Eibhear the Blue's (my sweet baby) story. ;)

Here are some of the scenes that made me LOL, literally. If this doesn't make you want to read this, I don't know what will. Enjoy!

"What are we doing with him?" Briec asked eagerly. "Are we throwing him out a window? Let's throw him out a window! Or off the roof!"
"We're going to take him
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Audio July 2018: I laughed a lot. Gwenvael & Dagmar are just great together. See review below. As for the audio well it’s superb. The narrator brings out the characters personalities. This is one of my favorite books in the series. The Gods come out to play and the babies arrive. Lots of fun!

~ 5 What a Dragon Stars ~

What a Dragon Should Know is book three in the Dragon Kin series by G.A. Aiken. I absolutely love thee’s dragon! This series has captured my heart and keeps me coming back.

Wha
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
More serious a book than its predecessor, but still humorous. The overall plot that continues through the series is enlarged in this book. Dagmar is a fantastic heroine - I love her cold, evil, plotting genius. And Gwenvael is the perfect foil to her plain, behind the scenes personality. He's extremely vain, arrogant, beautiful, flashy, narcissistic & humorous, but not in a hateful way. I enjoyed the dialogue between the two.
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is pure unadulterated brain candy, it doesn't take itself too seriously and G.A. Aiken consistently gives us slightly silly but very, very funny stories about overbearing alpha dragons and the warrior women who tame them. I've always loved reading about dragons and that is probably one of the reasons this series appeals to me so much but I also love the family dynamics and the crazy characters this series has introduced us to.

I've been waiting to read Gwenvael's story since the momen
Darcy
This book and this series really crack me up. The way the author writes the main characters just makes me laugh. So often they are yelling at each other or beating on each other. The best parts are when it is the women that are doing it to each other. Part of that comes from them all being family. And it seems to be so true that no one other than your family can make you madder faster than them, and while it is ok for you to call them bad names or beat on them, no one else has that right.

This bo
Merve Özcan
Mar 25, 2012 rated it really liked it

Bu kitapta Gwenvael'den beklediğim davranışlar yoktu bu bir gerçek ama gene de muhteşem bir kitaptı Dagmar'a hayran kaldım. Tanrılar gene kendi rollerini oynadılar.

Neden beklediğim gibi değildi? Çünkü Gwenvael'i yaramaz çocuk olarak tanıdık, her ne kadar Dagmar ona meydan okusada o yaramaz çocuğu göremedim ben daha ciddi ve daha olgun davranıyordu.
Briec ve eşide gene bu kitapda hiç bir zaman diğer karakterler yok olmuyor hatta bazen ana karakterlerden daha bile ilgi çektikleri söylenebilir.
Özell
Jo ★The Book Sloth★

This gorgeous creature is Gwenvael. Gwenvael the Handsome, Gwenvael the Sexy, Gwenvael the Hot. Just ask him, he will confirm it!

I love the dragons in this series. They are all so arrogant and self-centered but they are honorable and thoughtful and funny as hell. Gwenvael's story is one of my favs. He is so adorable.

Dagmar is such an awesome heroine as well. She is a badass but she is the badass you never see coming. She won't attack you with swords like Annwyl, she will plot and lie and scheme
namericanwordcat
Plain Jane Bold Genius Heroine Meets Hilarious Too Pretty Dragon Shifter Hero. They are one of my favorite couples of all time and I have reread this book so much that if it wasn't on my Kindle it would be falling apart.

There is nothing about this book I don't like. The chemistry is of the charts. The adventure is compelling. The banter is to die for.

I love the calculating nature of both leads though it manifest in one in charm and they other in coldness.

Oh is this book funny. And they are per
Ren
Jun 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Dragons and fantasy fans!
Re-read

Still in Dragon Kin binge re-reading in the order to refresh my memory. I hope you don't get bored with my update, lol! But first, I REALLY RECOMMENDED DRAGON KIN SERIES!! I mean..right now so many fantasy romance had been released and some using "Game of Thrones for feminist", or "Game of Thrones with romance", or "Game of Thrones met Pride and Prejudice", and so on, on on. You know what? Dragon Kin series have been released long before GoT grazed your TV cable! :D. And I know that this
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
What a Dragon Should Know expands upon the richly entertaining lore of mighty dragons and the humans that love them. Picking up after the conclusion of the previous book, the story primarily focuses on the love story of Gwenvael the Handsome and Dagmar Reinholdt, the only daughter of the Reinholdt, also known as “the Beast.” Annwyl the Bloody, heavy with her twins who are literally sucking the life from her, sends Gwenvael to the Northlands on her behalf to discover if the Reinholdt will make a ...more
Zeek
In Dagmar Reinholdt’s world of Northlanders- you have to be strong to survive. As a small woman in a family of burtish men, she developed her strengths of cunning and trickery to get ahead. Now a rather devious politician, she uses words to defeat her foes- along with her clever mind. When a golden dragon of the Southland appears at her castle, everyone else is ready to war- and although she wasn’t expecting this particular dragon shifter, she’s perpared to do the opposite and make an alliance.

G
Hollie
Another action packed addition to the series

~4.5 stars~

I am really loving this series. The heroines are probably my favorite in this series, and Dagmar was no exception. They never over emphasized her beauty which was a nice change in a read. She was simply plain to look at my most, but a total badass. Whereas some of our previous heroines were tough when it came to fighting and battle, Dagmars talent was her mind and ability to negotiate. It was a unique quality and much appreciated. This book
Hbeebti
Loved it! Favorite book of the series so far. Gwen and Dagmar were get together. I laughed so much. But there were moments that were so well written that I got teary eyed. Onto the next book.
Chitra *CJ*
“What a Dragon should Know” is the story of Gwenvael the Handsome and Dagmar the Beast.

Firstly, if you’ve read the series before, you already know about Gwenvael, the totally crazy, tail missing, manwhore of a dragon with the most insane sense of humor and no self preservation.
When Annwyl sends him to the Reinholdt clan in her absence to get information which could potentially save her unborn, he never expects the notorious beast would be a woman or that the do was piss her off.

Dagmar is known a
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Synopsis:
Only for those I love would I traipse into the merciless Northlands to risk life, limb, and my exquisite beauty. But do they appreciate it? Do they say, 'Gwenvael the Handsome, you are the best among us - the most loved of all dragons?' No! For centuries my family has refused to acknowledge my magnificence as well as my innate humility. Yet for them, and because I am so chivalrous, I will brave the worst this land has to offer. So here I stand, waiting to broker an alliance with the on
Hana
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well G.A. Aiken thank you *not* for making me bawl my eyes out...*Evil eyes*

I knew this was going to be good going in, just because Gwenvael!...Duh...

But damn it was freaking amazing! I can honestly say i never skimmed one bit....every word was precious and i just want to read it all over again... because it was that FUN!.

This was the most intense book in the series I've read so far...and no not because of the romance (which took more of a backseat really)...This book was all War, Blood, Politic
Syahira Sharif
If you forgive the cover, this series is one of the most well made series I've ever read about in adult fantasy genre.

This is a much better book than the last few (which is overwhelming funny) since this was appropriately a fantasy novel with blood, angst, dragons, minotaur, skyrim-worth of adventure, poltics and of course, Gwenvael - the poor dragon who always get punched by everyone in the last two books. All the thoughts of the author into this one book never cease to amaze me. The plot reall
Emily
Gwenvael the handsome and magnificent knows his family doesn't believe he will be able to pull off meeting "The Beast" successfully, but Gwenvael has no doubt he will be able to charm "the beast" with his wit and intellect. Of course, Gwenvael doesn't realize that the woman with the spectacles and most hideous dress before him is none other than "the beast", that is until he insults her with his melodic laughter and sees the true fury of "the beast" hidden inside.

Dagmar Reinholdt has proven hers
Lady Jaye
The first book in this series was very enjoyable for me, but the second one was not too good, and frankly I didn't expect to like the third book, this one, because of the lead character, Gwenvael. In the previous books, he was portrayed as a bumbler, and a rabid man-whore who slept with anything that moved...eh.

But I was surprised to find that he had much more depth than the his character in the previous books would suggest. Additionally, the focus on smex was very little (compared to the other
Book Addict
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Re-reading the series (again for the 10th time)

"Not knowing what she meant, Gwenvael looked down at his body. Horrified, he sat up. “What is this? What’s happened to me?”
“Calm down. It’ll heal quick enough, I’m sure.”
“Heal? I’m hideous!”
“You’re alive.”
“Hideously alive!” He covered her face with his hands. “Don’t look at me! Look away!”
“Stop it!” She pulled at his hands. “Have you lost your mind?”
Gwenvael dropped back to the bed, turned his face toward the wall. “You know what this means, don’t
Hanife
Bu yorum aynı zamanda Romancekolikte yayınlanmıştır.

Breic'i yani ikinci kitabı bitirdikten sonra bu kitabın vaat edici olacağını biliyordum ve yanılmadım. Her zamanki gibi bolca güldüğüm bir okuma süreci ile kitabı sonlandırmış bulundum. Yazar kadroyu genişletmek amacıyla haneye baya ilginç türler kattı. Mentorlar, Kum Ejderhaları, Su Ejderhaları filan ohoo varda var. Bu kitapta ki kızımızda bir insan. Breic'in ki gibi cadı filanda değil. Ne tesadüf çok ilginç bir şekilde tanrılardan birinden
Nazlıcan
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
İlk üç kitabın en iyisiydi. Her şeyden önce yazar betimlemeleri öyle güzel kullanmış ki, yarattığı dünyanın içine girmekte hiç zorlanmıyorsunuz. Kurguya bayıldım, o kadar çok olay ve karakter öyle bir şekilde birbirine bağlanıyordu ki hiçbir durumu unutmuyor, olayların gelişini kavramakta zorlanmıyordunuz(ilerleyen kitaplarda kitabın arkasında bir karakter listesi verilerek bu durum kolaylaştırılmış.) İşin içine tanrıların ve farklı mitolojik yaratıkların girmesi romana farklı bir boyut katmış. ...more
Melindeeloo
This is my first book for my new Kindletoy. I've read What a Dragon Should Know before but I couldn't resist - especially since this version comes with the bonus short (with the grandparent's story) originally published in Everlasting Badboys.

Even though What A Dragon Should Know was a reread for me - and I very very rarely reread - it was still quite fun. I loved how the seemingly vapid Gwenvael was so scheming and manipulative under all of that self indulgent vanity. He and the scarily smart
Stacie
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I finally finished! And I loved it. Kick butt females , hot, hot dragon shifters, hot sex, laugh out loud funny. Every character and situation is completely over the top- in a good way. What's not to like? Nothing for me. I'm loving this series so far. Moving on to the next book. Happy reading!
R.L. Mathewson
Jul 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
After reading this book I remembered just why I love this series. I love the no holds bar humor. It's really enjoyable and made the more serious parts of the book tolerable because they softened the blow.
  • Everlasting Bad Boys (Dragon Kin, #0.1)
  • Supernatural (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5; Guardians of Eternity, #7.6; Nightwalkers, #1.5; Dragon Kin, #0.4)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3)
  • Kiss of Fury (Dragonfire, #2)
  • Hidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2)
A.K.A. Shelly Laurenston

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, Originally from Long Island, New York, lives on the West Coast and spends most of her time writing and making sure her rescued Pittie doesn’t love everyone into a coma. When she’s not writing about sexy dragons, she’s writing about sexy wolf, lion, tiger, and other fang-filled predators under the name Shelly Lauren

Dragon Kin (9 books)
  • Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1)
  • About a Dragon (Dragon Kin, #2)
  • Last Dragon Standing (Dragon Kin, #4)
  • The Dragon Who Loved Me (Dragon Kin, #5)
  • How to Drive a Dragon Crazy (Dragon Kin, #6)
  • Light My Fire (Dragon Kin, #7)
  • Feel the Burn (Dragon Kin, #8)
  • Bring the Heat (Dragon Kin, #9)
“I already explained this. I don’t like you. True, I don’t like most people, but I especially dislike you. I could start my own religion based on how much I dislike you.” 598 likes
“Are you in great physical pain, or is that your thinking expression?” 351 likes