Start by marking “ヘタリア 2 —Axis Powers [特装版]” as Want to Read:
ヘタリア 2 —Axis Powers [特装版]

ヘタリア 2 —Axis Powers [特装版] (Hetalia: Axis Powers #2)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  2,884 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
All of the fan favorite world powers are back to...celebrate Christmas? How will Germany react when he finally meets the famous Roman Empire only to discover he's exactly like his grandson? And what other hijinx will the Axis Powers get into?
Soft Cover [単行本], バーズエクストラ:特装版 [Special Edition], 132 pages
Published December 31st 2008 by 幻冬舎コミックス

Jennifer Lavoie
I think the reason I like this manga so much is because it makes history interesting. Granted it's not 100% accurate, but picturing the countries represented as people makes leaning history much more interesting to me. I start to actually care about them. I enjoy the notes at the end of many of the panels in this manga as well because of the historical facts. A lot of the things added are not known in history unless you really dig, but Hetalia makes this interesting nuggets readily available.

Th
Kerry
Nov 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: magna fans, otakus, yaoi fangirls, people who like bishounens, people who like manga
Shelves: reread-list, manga
Imagine a bunch of guys (and like, ten girls max.) representing countries. Now, imagine every stereotype about every country and continue to imagine those people. Well. You've just thought of Hetalia.
Now. Hetalia will be a one-star book for some people. It's one of those series where if you don't have the right sense of humor, this will not be your series. With that said, this is one of my favorite series of all time. It's about all these really cute personified countries during various time per
Dorian de Jandreau
YAY. I just finished. WOW. So amazing book. I read it in Russian and it was amazing to read and see what was showed in theanime and what is in the manga. I am so happy I read this book. I cannot wait to get 3rd book from USA in English and read it like a zombie. And I cannot wait when 4-5 books will translated into English that I could reserve them on amazon and get faster. I really hope the author will draw even more books and create even more seasons of anime. I am in the highest madness of He ...more
Liya [Semi-Hiatus]
4.5 stars for occasionally unclear art
My reaction when I got this book

Natalya, the book is over.
Me: UWAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
In some respects, this was better than the anime, but the anime is much clearer in its art. However, the book does a better job explaining the history.
shay
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, superb. I was a bit disappointed about the lack of USUK in this one, but it had a bunch of GerIta and Giripan to compensate for my missing OTP. It made me laugh throughout the entire thing--I couldn't put it down. Absolutely stunning, and great artwork, Himaruya! I love you~<3
Erika
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The art keeps getting better and better. Still funny as hell. Can't wait for Volume 3!
Starbubbles
I was yelling so much as this volume. It really hit home what I discuss in my major all the time; how does an author, film-maker, educator, balance entertainment and being historically accurate? I would say that the balance has tipped in favor of entertainment. It was infuriating to read what should have brought historical value to an entertaining (or what should have been entertaining) strip and have it fizzle with some errorounus "fact."

Things that should have been true, but weren't:

Rome's "M
Lauren
Hetalia is very much a love-it-or-hate-it type of series. While I can definitely see why a lot of people don't like it, I happen to be among the group that do. The sense of humor is definitely based around national stereotypes, as would kind of need to be the case with this premise. If you have a reflexive dislike of that sort of humor, you're probably not going to like this series very much. It also discusses some aspects of history while leaving some others - usually the more depressing and gr ...more
Amanda
The manga featuring the countries from WWII as characters is back this time focusing more on the future of the nations after WWII instead of the history before WWII. Russia's dilemmas with his sisters the Ukraine and Belarus are explored. Canada's persistent ability to somehow be invisible to most of the rest of the G8 nations (and also to be mistaken for America). The various vignettes are punctuated with Japan-kun and America-kun visiting each other's homes and attempting to reach a cultural u ...more
Alysse
Hetalia Axis Powers, or APH for short, is a comidic parody of history, revolving around the personifications of countries. Orginally based off a webcomic by Hidekaz Himaruya. The story mainly follows the Axis and Allied powers of World War II, but often branches off to other events, time periods, or countries. Don't look for any cronological consitancy here, often jumping from ancient times to modern day and everything in between. It is a fairly entertaining read for those who enjoy history and ...more
Matimate
Aug 14, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, manga
Crazy manga about anthropomorphic personifications of some of the countries during World War 2 and trough the history, which interact with each other in various short absurd comedy stories inspired by various historical facts and country clichés. The stories are mostly inspired by WW II, which is clear from the name of the manga. One would say that certain things should not be used even as inspiration for the comedy manga.
However the portraits of each country are sometimes painfully accurate. P
Arte
Sep 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everyone in Hetalia is such a cute little sweetie bean and I want to be friends with all of them ;7;
Anyway, it's a good series =7= But if you've been told before that you can't take a joke, this series probably isn't for you :U They don't joke about super-touchy subjects like the Holocaust or anything, but still, if you're a sensitive person, I'd think twice before deciding on reading this.
But I love this series -7- especially Belarus
Andrea Aguilar
Feb 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Neat, organized and the translations are well made, along with fun facts about all of the nations. I always get really excited when I happen to stumble on some new strip that I had somehow overlooked in the archives, so there's that too.

I love what Tokyopop is doing to this once obscure manga and hope to continue seeing more awesome volumes from them.

Piotr
Dec 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm sort of surprised. As much as I loved the first volume and was eager to read another ones, some time has passed, I've finally decided to start the 2nd volume and... I didn't like it that much. For me it wasn't as funny as the volume 1 was... Or maybe the same would be now with volume 1? I don't know...
La Revistería Comics
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, manga, ed-arg
Más divertido que una clase de historia.
Más bonito que una clase de geografía.
Más creíble que un noticiero.
Todo eso y más es este segundo tomo de Hetalia, en una genial edición argentina que incluye páginas a color.
Elisa
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was not disappointed :)
Barbara
Jan 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Liechtenstein appears :D! And there's GreecexJapan and AmericaxJapan moments all over the place here <3
Loz
Mar 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this better than the 1st one.

I still find the art a little hard to make out sometimes, but I really enjoy the random information!
Diana Vale Balatico
LOVE LOVE LOVE. I now love and treat each countries with respect. :3 Can't wait until vol. 3 is translated!
Julie
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Adorable. I love Canada.
Lee
Aug 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really great manga with lovable characterizations of the countries <3
Variaciones Enrojo
Edición argentina, tomo 2.
Asch-Lee
May 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? Hetalia is amazing!!
Katherine Fromdahell
Ohh my gooooooood! :''v
I love Ivan xd
is my favorite character :'U
Finnigan Laky
This volume is sooo funny
Mar
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Jamie
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hetalia fans
I own this book in Japanese and English.
Dony Grayman
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: decto, ed-arg
Edición argentina que repite ISBN del tomo 1. Incluye bonitas páginas a color pero se dejaron algunas páginas pixeladas y con textos sin traducir.
Melina G
1/6/14 - read 90 minutes
  • Black Butler, Vol. 5 (Black Butler, #5)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 04 (Soul Eater, #4)
  • Loveless, Volume 2
  • Immortal Rain, Vol. 8
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 04 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #4)
  • Afterschool Charisma, Vol. 2
  • My Girlfriend's a Geek, Volume 2
  • DRRR!! Durarara!! 1 (Durarara!! Manga, #1)
  • Kaze Hikaru, Vol. 2
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 5
Hidekaz Himaruya (日丸屋 秀和 Himaruya Hidekaz, born May 8th, 1985, in Koriyama, Fukushima) is the creator of the series Hetalia: Axis Powers (originally titled Axis Powers Hetalia in the webcomic run). He is sometimes affectionately called Papa Hima, by Hetalia fans.
Himaruya started the original Hetalia webcomic while he was attending Parsons School Of Design in New York City and continues the series
More about Hidekaz Himaruya...

Hetalia: Axis Powers (6 books)
  • Hetalia: Axis Powers, Vol. 1 (Hetalia: Axis Powers, #1)
  • Hetalia: Axis Powers, Vol. 3 (Hetalia: Axis Powers, #3)
  • ヘタリア Axis Powers 4

The English are chefs
The Germans are police
The French are engineers
The Swiss are lovers
And the Italians are bankers.”
181 likes
“It seems as if Americans like to be the center of attention even after they're dead.” 126 likes