Start by marking “Find Me” as Want to Read:
Find Me

Find Me

3.32  ·  Rating details ·  1,283 Ratings  ·  127 Reviews
Part memoir, part mystery, 'Find Me' is a tale of a friendship between a troubled young woman and a celebrity obsessed with helping her. Rosie O'Donnell's candid memoir is a topsy-turvy tale of mistaken identities and strange psychological illnesses that may or may not exist.
Published April 16th 2002 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Find Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Find Me

Diane
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
unique and fascinating...recommend to all..(paperback!)
Rebecca McNutt
My opinion of Rosie O'Donnell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPJHu...

I find Rosie O'Donnell to be a very annoying and weird person. She wasn't funny when I was a little kid and she was making vulgar jokes on my VHS tapes, and she certainly isn't any funnier now. This book tries to be something inspiring and powerful about her but it just makes her seem even weirder than before. The GLBT themes give her a little more depth and give readers more insight into her life, but otherwise, I just found
Ozma
I have always found Rosie O'Donnell entertaining, but I had no idea how much I would like her book! She is a terrific writer, and I believe she wrote this book and not a ghostwriter because the voice and the thought process is so authentic that I have to believe it is really her. The story is interesting -- the mother of a young woman contacts Rosie about her daughter being pregnant and giving up the child for adoption through Rosie's adoption agency, which specializes in placing children no one ...more
Jacob Lasher
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I can not explain to you how many degrees of perfection this book entails. Truly captivating and I never wanted it to end. Absolutely wonderful.
Valerie
Archived at http://web.archive.org/web/2003012613...

Find Me by Rosie O'Donnell

Let me tell you everything that this newest book by Rosie O'Donnell is not. It is not an autobiography, although the openly gay stand-up comedian/film actress/talk show host and mother of three adopted children (with a child on the way from her somehow pregnant partner) does share a few snapshot moments. When she was a kid, Rosie let a mean trick be played on her brother, and she still feels guilty about it. After her
Heidi
Jan 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: biography readers
Shelves: non-fiction, read2007
Rosie talks about believing things happen for a reason, and how sometimes she just knows things. Other times, not as deep, but profound, she has spingles. Spine tingles. When she recognizes those significant times, she feels compelled to follow up. In Find Me she tells of an obsessive quest to help a young woman. She recognizes a certain narcissism in wanting to be a superhero, sometimes to the detriment of her own family.

All the while reading this, I found myself thinking, but of course you're
Cathy
Aug 09, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This may be the strangest book I have ever read. It is autobiographical and the jacket implies it's about adoption, so I thought it would be about her experience adopting her three kids. But no, it started out weird and got really weird. It creeped me out so much I had to stay up to 2am to finish it to see if the people she was writing about were real or just screwing around with her, since she's a celebrity. Turns out a bit of both. Be warned - you may not like Rosie O'Donnell that much after r ...more
Winter Sophia Rose
Completely Unexpected Story! Pleasantly Surprised!
Trayce
Jun 13, 2015 added it
I love Rosie O'donnal, be she really was not cut out to be an author. I don't recommend this at all.
Bridget Bailey
Nov 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I get a lot of slack for liking Rosie but she reminds me of my favorite aunt so I continue to love her unconditionally. This is yet another book by Rosie that I have read. I like how genuine she is and the fact that she doesn't hold back even if it makes her look bad or crazy. I like that she keeps it raw which makes her so relatable. This book was a little different than the others and by the end of her story about this pregnant girl, I wasn't sure where it was going to go. I was flying through ...more
Autumn
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Karen
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memoir
In Rosie O'Donnell's memoir she shares the traumatic parts of her childhood and links them to the reasons for her becoming involved with a person she "met" via her nonprofit adoption agency. She is frank and open and always analyzing her actions.
Anthony Messina
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
an unexpected, heartfelt peek into her life
Nisa Rahmah
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bukunya cukup tipis, awalnya sempat mengira bisa selesai sehari tapi ternyata molor beberapa hari.

Rosie O'Donnel, seorang pembawa acara talkshow terkenal menceritakan kisah lewat sudut pandangnya. Ro, memiliki sifat yang pemurah dan senang membantu kesulitan orang lain. Di sela kesibukannya yang padat sebagai public figure, Ro senang menghubungkan orang-orang dan membantu mereka seperti misalnya dalam hal adopsi anak--karena dalam kehidupannya pun dia sempat mengalami hal yang serupa.

Jadi suatu
Anneke Simonsen
The life of Rosie O’Donnell who is also the author of the book i read a couple weeks ago, called find me had a very hard life. This book is memoir about Rosie’s life, so much happens in her life, this story takes place around new york. I read this book because i saw it on my desk the first day of english class and it looked interesting.
The book starts off with a woman named rosie, she owns an adoption center and she just got a call about someone who needed her help. After hearing this girls sto
Lori
Oct 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hesitatingly picked up this book from the library shelf, opened the cover and read the first page...I was hooked. This is one of the best memoir books I have read. Who knew... Rosie O'Donnell is a wonderful writer! Interspersed with heartbreaking personal vignettes of Rosie's childhood is the relationship she begins with a "family" on the West Coast. Rosie's first contact with the teenager Stacie, begins when she notices her file amoung many from the New Jersey adoption agency she funds. Somet ...more
CJ
Mar 21, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-books
I like Rosie O'Donnell, always have. This book left me a little underwhelmed. Maybe I read it too quickly after Celebrity Detox, too much of a good thing?

Find Me was an interesting glimpse into mental illness. How it not only affects those who suffer from it, but those who watch from the outside. I was uncomfortable with the view into Rosie's head that the book afforded me. I don't want to go that far into anyone's head, let alone someone I only know from watching TV and the movies.

The book tell
Cat.
Dec 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Lori Schiele
Not a typical autobiography, although a very fast read (read it in about 6 hours!)
So as not to accidentally give away spoilers, I will quote from the jacket cover: "Part memoir, part mystery, FIND ME is a compelling and utterly original tale that will break your heart as it heals it... It is the story of a friendship between a troubled young woman and a celebrity (Rosie O'Donnell) obsessed with helping her."

FIND ME is a true story and is a very interesting read. You learn things about the life
Lizzie
Apr 27, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Cameron
Nov 13, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No matter how you feel about Rosie O'Donnell the TV personality, it's hard to deny the woman has a powerfully distinct writing style. The driving story of this book, involving a letter Rosie's adoption agency receives from a 14-year-old girl, is so alive--at times heartbreaking and melodramatic, at other times eery and mysterious--you can't help but need to know more at the conclusion of each chapter. I finished the entire thing in 3 hours, and didn't shed a single tear until the very last page ...more
Tami
Mar 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-read
this is not a book I normally would have picked up. but the price was right. and the story was surprisingly good. i found myself wanting to spend another subway stop reading,(love when that happens). it was part memoir, which i enjoyed learning things about Rosie and part mystery. but more than mystery it was feeling the pain of a famous person. they feel pain too, they go through similar things. glad i read it.
Jana
Mar 06, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many people don't know this, but I used to be a huge Rosie fan. Of course, this was pre The View days. I thought she was really funny, and did a lot of good through her charities. I read this book while I was still a fan. I thought it was an interesting story. It actually explains a little why she is the way she is. I feel sorry for her. I still think that she tries to do good in her own way. Unfortunately, she is doing some harm to society - unintentionally.
Lauren
Jun 30, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, 2009
Thank goodness this was a quick read. Once it became apparent that the disjointed writing style and half glimpses into Rosie's childhood really didn't serve any purpose at all, I lost interest.

I was confused in the beginning as to what the actual story line was. While the experience itself was interesting I am not entirely convinced that the telling of Rosie's childhood memories really added to the main anecdote in any meaningful way. It's too bad since the story could have been much more.
Jenifer
Rosie draws quite an interesting picture of how she is drawn to an adolescent girl who she believes is in desperate need for her help. Rosie draws quite an interesting picture of why she is so drawn to this "girl"; her history is painted on a canvas for all to see.

While I did enjoy the story, I still find it hard to believe. I do know that all pieces MUST be true, there is just so little use of imagery and more use of describing both herself and the "girl" she is so drawn to.
Ellen Cohen
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in a matter of hours--yes it is slim, but it is also compelling. It is not an autobiography; it is a memoir of a specific experience and the memories and buried feelings that experience digs up. I thought I knew where this book was going, but it surprised me. Ms. O'Donnell is a talented writer; you can hear her voice, her conversational tone, and yet she crafts some beautiful and evocative prose.
Andria
Jan 05, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With lots of fluff celebrity books, Rosie O'Donnell writes an interesting book which touches on many issues, not just of celebrity, of what it means to be human. Why do we need to help people? Do you think you could solve people's problems if you just had enough money? How to you stay in touch with the world when life has given you a bubble as an option?

Life lessons of compassion that stay with you, long after you have finished reading these beautifully written prose.
Imas
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: karya-perempuan
Rosie O'Donnel, selebriti tenar, kaya dan sukses namun menyimpan kepahitan hidup masa kecil. Masa yang mempengaruhi kehidupan Rosie selanjutnya. Kesedihan hidupnya dimasa lalu membuatnya merasa nyaman dengan menjadi penolong dan orang baik bagi siapa pun. Sikap yang menjadi bumerang terhadap dirinya.
Ameera
Feb 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-on-book
This book was the first book I have finished. Well, this year though. I read Diary of a Wimpy Kid way back ago. Find me is a nice book, it really got my attention. I just borrowed the book at our school library. I finished the book because it was really unique. The scenes are great. It was unexpected. It had a lot of twists. I was literally talking to myself. I think I'm crazy, meself. Haha!
Nranger7
Feb 27, 2013 rated it liked it
I had read Rosie's autobiography a few years before this, so the parts of this story where it relates to her own mother was repetitive for me. However, the main story involving Stacie was intriguing. I had a hard time putting this book down. Rosie has a down to earth style of writing which is a nice change from most novels I read.
  • The Truth Is . . .: My Life in Love and Music
  • Wake Up, I'm Fat!
  • Bravemouth: Living With Billy Connolly
  • How I Learned to Snap: A Small Town Coming-Out and Coming-of-Age Story
  • I'll Scream Later
Roseann "Rosie" O'Donnell is an eleven-time Emmy Award-winning American comedian, television talk show host, author, and film, television, and stage actress. She has also been magazine editor and continues to be a celebrity blogger, LGBT civil rights activist, television producer and collaborative partner in the LGBT family vacation company R Family Vacations.

Raised Irish Catholic, O'Donnell lost
More about Rosie O'Donnell...
“I am difficult to love, and I know it. I never learned the unconditional part, so trust evades me. Add sex and I fall apart, eventually retreating back into the swamp. Very few people can put up with me, and I can't blame them. I am a constant contradiction. I annoy myself.” 6 likes
“Nothing happens by chance.” 4 likes