Start by marking “Watch Me” as Want to Read:
Watch Me

Watch Me (Jay Fletcher #1)

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  379 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
"I know who you are."
"No you don't."
"I'm coming after you."
"No you won't."
"Watch me."

Special FBI agent Jay Fletcher knows how to catch serial killers. She's developed a computer program that identifies the most vicious murderers in America.

But Jay's Washington bosses have told her to stop. She can't use her program. It violates the Constitution. It violates these sick kill
Published December 15th 1996 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1996)

Aryn
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Elly Wendy
Jan 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
1* This started out lame. The writing is weak, for example, so many tedious, long descriptions to introduce characters that I thought about getting a pen and notebook so I could figure out who was who. And it didn't get any better. The writing sounded more like an author's notes about characters who might be included in an upcoming novel, rather than a finished novel. I tried, but this one just isn't worth my time, other than as a good example of what not to do.
Turtle
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite book of all time and That is saying something
Charlotte (Buried in Books)
Nov 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Autumn
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It took awhile to get into, that's why I only ranked it as a 4 *s. I did enjoy the plot twist and change of events. I like the different POV for the killers and the officials. I liked how everything was intertwined. The computer jargon was a little complicated, but the story still ended up making sense. I'll recommend this to people who love murder mystery, cops vs bad guy fans. It makes you sit back and think of what is right and wrong, it makes you question morality, ...more
Yami
Watch Me is a story of an FBI agent that finds out about an online network of gruesome murderers. As she has been suspended from work, she makes it her mission to track down the instigator of the network who turns out to be a massive serial-killer himself. Pursuing her quest, she hunts down a bunch of serial-killers by impersonating one on the cyber-network. She, then, attempts to get dangerously close to the monsters and take them out. This book is not for those with a fragile heart as horrendo ...more
LJ
WATCH ME - Okay
Holt, A.J. - 1st in Jay Fletcher series

An agency hacker, Jay can use computers to find out anything about anybody. She uses her computer tracking system in an ongoing investigation of a serial killer, and this time she meets the killer in person, not just online. When she discovers that the murderer is hooked into a secret network of people playing a gruesome game, she makes her move.

A serial killer and vendetta FBI agent. I shan't be reading any more by this author.
Kimberley McCready
Feb 11, 2016 rated it liked it
It was fun to read a little back-in-time and to remember how different technology was. The book was okay, I enjoyed the story but felt that the main character just wasn't fully fleshed out enough. I couldn't really see why she was willing to cross the lines she did and it really just seemed like more character development was needed.
Rixiatrixie0-0
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not as good as Catch Me but still THIS BOOK IS TOTALLY AWESOME! Must read! If you haven't read this book but then u read Catch Me, dont worry! The two books dont really clash, this book is just the opening to Catch Me! I love Jay Fletcher! And the love the art work done by A.J. Holt's mind and fingers! READ!
Shaunna
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you like a good vendetta mixed with cyber crime and coupled with a wicked serial killer tale then this is the perfect book for you. I read it probably 15 years ago originally, so the computer terminology is a bit dated, but still an excellent read. Holt's serial killers are pretty creative beasts. The follow-up, Catch Me, is well done but not quite as good as Watch Me.
John
May 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tracye Quinlan
May 31, 2016 rated it did not like it
OMG this was horrible... It was so disjointed I had to go back and make sure I didn't get an abridged version. Great premise, but poorly executed. Not believable which made it hard to pull for the good/bad guy...
Stacy Kamerer
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a great book. I wasn't sure if I liked it in the beginning seeming to jump back and forth. A little into it and I wanted to know what was happening in both cases I was disappointed when went back to other but it was put together to where there was no confusion on what was going on.
Ninamarie
Nov 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
DO NOT READ THIS BOOK. It will be a complete waste of good hours of your life, as it was mine. I loved Silence of the Lambs, and regularly enjoy murder mysteries, police and detective stories. This was one of the lower quality ones.
Janice
Oct 03, 2009 rated it liked it
Stole this from my grandparent's house! I was a teenager and it was on their shelf of books they had finished. It was the beginning of my long career in swiping books from others... I am now a member of bookmooch.com where taking other's books is socially acceptable.
J.M.
May 06, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
To be completely honest, I can't recall anything about this story. I remember reading it but nothing at all stands out about it. In the end, I guess that's a more telling review than any other I could write.
Lindsay
Interesting plot concept-- like the show Dexter maybe? (I've never seen Dexter, so maybe I'm wrong.) The whole idea of a cop-turned-killer is a different twist, but I found the book average at best.
Michelle
Jul 17, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime
WOW Interesting crime book. Main character cop becomes a serial killer. I don't watch "Dexter" but if you're a fan of that TV show you'll probably like this book. Wonder how the follow up books will go???
Christopher
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mixing in hacker based vigilantism, serial killers, and an old fashioned game of cat and mouse, this book is a solid read. While the pace goes up and down throughout the book, it works out well.
Denise
Jun 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio
Haha, it's like Dexter meets The Net.
Leslie
Nov 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
A tad disturbing at first, but this book kept my attention glued to the pages. Will definitely be watching for more in this series.
Deirdre S.
Jan 11, 2012 rated it liked it
A good bit more graphic than I like. If you enjoy Dexter, you might like this.
DW
Jan 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2007
Disturbing.
Pete
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
listened to book on tape
Sylvia
Aug 22, 2011 rated it did not like it
Good idea but badly told. If u want to get totaly confused with a load of unnecessary computer terms...this is ur read. A waste of time.
Matthuvius Manhandlinglambs
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Revenge fantasy meets cyber-crime detail. Fun stuff. Some surprisingly muscular plot twists.
Elizabeth Agoyi
Apr 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cool story....
Audrey
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
It took me a while to read this book.
Ysanne
Apr 21, 2013 added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Did not finish because I was listening to the audiobook version. Reader has a strange, off-putting way of reading. I will pick it back up when I get a physical copy.
Paul Armstrong
Jan 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Enjoyed it. Although the description of what psychopaths do to their victims was more than I personally liked. However, I accept it was important to the plot.
  • Darkside
  • Simple Simon (Art Jefferson, #4)
  • Category 7
  • Pandora's Clock
  • Irresistible
  • Cold Allies
  • Opening Moves (Patrick Bowers Files, #0.5)
  • Deviant Ways
  • Champions of the Sidhe
  • Last Stand of the DNA Cowboys
  • The Promise of a Lie
  • The Nowhere Hunt
  • The Black Mountains (Empire of the East, #2)
  • Bodies Electric