Start by marking “Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)” as Want to Read:
Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)

Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary

(Fablehaven #4)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  76,225 ratings  ·  3,022 reviews
Brace yourself for a shocking secret.

Two hidden artifacts have been found. Three more remain unrecovered. More preserves face destruction as the Society of the Evening Star relentlessly pursues new talismans. Reading in Patton’s Journal of Secrets, Kendra learns the location of the key to a vault housing one of the artifacts. In order to retrieve it, the Knights of the Daw
Published March 24th 2009 by Shadow Mountain (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary, please sign up.
TasyLaurel Dragon watch will include both seth and kendra, although it does seem like it will give Seth a larger role than in the Fablehaven books. It is a compl…moreDragon watch will include both seth and kendra, although it does seem like it will give Seth a larger role than in the Fablehaven books. It is a completely separate series from Fablehaven, so its going to be a different overarching storyline. We will no longer be focusing on the artifacts (presumably). It is going to be in the same universe, with the same characters, and also some new ones! The story is going to focus on the dragons in the fablehaven universe (exciting!) (less)

·  76,225 ratings  ·  3,022 reviews

Start your review of Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)
Lindsey Rey
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
GUYS. This is a five star, first class series right here. DAMN THAT WAS SO GOOD!!!! I am so incredibly upset that I left book five at my apartment and will have to wait an entire 5 or 6 hours to continue with this series.
Kimberley doruyter
bad mister mull ending on a cliffhanger like that.
i did love the completely different take on dragons.

two special words: fairy dragon.
Garrett
Mar 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I had a hard time putting this book down. I read all 527 pages in about 8 hours. I forced myself to go to bed even though I was not done with the book, but I was getting really tired and couldn't keep my eyes open.

OK, so let's break it down:

Characters: There were a couple new characters and surprises on existing ones. I am totally liking Seth now that he is not quite so annoying and "stupid" (in that little brother way). And I loved it when Seth was taunting the poison dragon. Too funny! Brandon
Ahmad Sharabiani
Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4), Brandon Mull
Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary is the fourth novel of Fablehaven series. This book starts off at the end of the third book, where the society of the Evening Star make some dangerous moves. Seth and Kendra are thrust into another dangerous adventure, where they leave the preserve and explore others. In this one they visit a preserve for dragons, wyrmroost, strange changes are wrought in Seth, and the society go farther tha
Kells Next Read
OMG.....Mind=Blown

Freaking Amazing, Awesome, and packed with Action.

Loved every page of it.....especially that ending Omo!!
Feb 15, 2016 rated it liked it
things are a little dicey in this one
Eris
Mar 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
Trent
Apr 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my. Oh, my. I think I am too into the story. I pride myself in being able to outguess authors. Somehow, I forgot to even try as I read this book. How in the world can an author stay so original for so many pages in a row? This series certainly has the capacity to overtake Harry Potter on the "Freak, that was awesome!" scale. We'll see if Mull pulls it off in the last book.
Sam
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Audrey
This is book 4 and does require reading the previous books first. It’s quite long for MG and started feeling too long. They don’t visit the dragon sanctuary until past half-way. Then there are dragons.

It’s still packed with lots of magical creatures and mortal peril and mystery. And there’s the BETRAYAL. After this book, I never trust any of Mull’s characters. I see traitors everywhere.

So it’s another fun book but felt a little long.
Danica
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heather
Apr 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading my PERSONALLY SIGNED COPY of the book last night. Being that it was personally signed by the author means my book was more exciting than just a regular book. Okay, maybe not. But it was plenty exciting on its own. Holy keep me up until 4 in the morning, Batman.

There are some hilarious parts, some tense parts, some sweet parts, some action parts and then some 'he totally snookered me' parts. I knew, I just knew someone was going to betray them but I picked the wrong person
Seth
Apr 15, 2009 rated it liked it
if i weren't such a sucker for juvenile fantasy this book would get maybe 1 star. it's so much fun though. the writing is more similar to a college research paper (awkward, technical, and far from poetic). The story is really interesting if you like magic and fantasy. Don't expect ANY insights into human nature. Don't expect any of the characters to be remotely human or familiar. Don't expect any substance whatsoever and you might have a great time. Fablehaven is like playing video games...its f ...more
Mina B
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad I finished this book. It was definitely long,535 pages to be exact. But it was totally worth it when I finished it. I am not going to give it away though because I know there are people like Liam Michael and Nishi who want to read the series.
colleen the convivial curmudgeon
2.5

I really liked the first book of this series, and had high hopes for it. I even recommended it to people - people who have gone on to enjoy the series, as a whole, more than I seem to be doing.

But, for me, every book has gotten progressively less interesting, and I'm glad that it's only a 5 book series because I don't think I'd stick around if there were more than just the one book left.

Not that it's all bad. Seth is maturing and his developing powers are interesting, especially the way that
Mairéad (is roaming the Undying Lands)
{December 17th, 2014} MINI-REVIEW

3.5 stars, would have been 4 to 4.5 originally--reason why in spoilers.

“What you call idiot points, I call awesome dollars."

DRAGONS. This has certainly been one of my fave books but something happened with dinged some starpower for me. Idk. It just made me go NOPE. Honestly it wasn't Seth--Seth, oh he's definitely grown and I've gotten used to his unique brand of stupidity. And everyone else is just perfect as well. The story itself just continues to build an
Seth
Feb 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
rachel ☾
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, fantasy
I cannot stress enough how much this series means to me. Not only was the series my childhood but it is honestly one of the most beautifully and brilliantly written middle grade series out there. I know I keep saying that but it’s so goddamn true that it needs reiterating until everyone had read it and knows for themselves that I speak the truth. Mull is so underappreciated and this sequel definitely highlights that.

Honestly, I could go on for hours on end how well written all of the characters
Vikas
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nbtr, owned
This time the book starts with many shocking events and move fast but still the Dragon Sanctuary doesn't even get a mention till halfway through the way in the story. But then again the books are like this and the fantastical has always been fantastic. This hasn't been an exception, this was again fun with lot of different wonderful moments that bring the story forward. There was another traitor this time around which was just heartbreaking. Now's the time to jump to the fifth and last book but ...more
Jane
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
jenny✨
In the series’ penultimate book, the gang heads to Wyrmroost, an inhospitable dragon sanctuary. Their mission? To retrieve the key to a third artifact—the Translocator, which controls space and is one of the three that remain undiscovered. It’s their most dangerous quest yet, and also the most important: the Sphinx has gotten ahold of the Oculus, an artifact that grants him the ability to see anything, anywhere, anytime. He's gonna be hot on their trail.

Along the way, Seth develops his newfound
OMG
Barbara
Apr 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-first-in-09
Jen (LOHF/Book Den)
Book 4 of the Fablehaven series was a fun one to buddy read with my son! The title is Secrets of the Dragon Santuary and there were secrets alright. I was happy this one started out with the grandparents being back in the picture. As per usual, though, Seth and Kendra are off to save the world (or at least Fablehaven). There was some interesting world building and magic in this one. You definitely have to suspend some disbelief, but hey, good times.
ⓢ✯ⓘ✯ⓔ✯ⓡ✯ⓡ✯ⓐ
I swear, I fainted when I read the ending!
C.P. Cabaniss
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, middle-grade
The ending of this book has me eager to get to the final installment of the series. The ending wasn't a super cliffhanger, but it definitely left some big questions open.

The characters in this series are great. I love the relationship between Seth and Kendra. It is so authentic. Individually they are great, but the sibling dynamic makes them even better. Aside from those two, Warren is probably my favorite. He always has me laughing. And Raxtus, who we met in this installment, was excellent as
itchy
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: electronic
p116: Seth pushed the L button. Then he pushed 5, 4, 3, and 2. "Race you down," he said, dashing out of the elevator before the doors closed, leaving his suitcase behind.
One should be able to deactivate the activated buttons of an elevator, or maybe it wasn't an option back then.

p116: "I got to push the most buttons," he gloated while reclaiming his suitcase.
You've been pushing my buttons since Fablehaven, bro.

missing word:
p321: "Anyhow, enough reminiscing. know the key is (view spoiler)
Luann
Aug 04, 2008 rated it really liked it

• The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl #6)
  • Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra (Leven Thumps, #4)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers, #3)
  • The Siege of Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice, #6)
  • Forest Born (The Books of Bayern, #4)
  • The Second Siege (The Tapestry, #2)
  • Charlie Bone and the Red Knight (Children of the Red King, #8)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • Leven Thumps and the Ruins of Alder (Leven Thumps, #5)
  • Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1)
  • The Warlock (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #5)
  • The Burning Bridge (Ranger's Apprentice, #2)
  • Leven Thumps and the Eyes of the Want (Leven Thumps, #3)
  • Slathbog's Gold (Adventurers Wanted, #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Black Circle (The 39 Clues, #5)
  • The Hobbit, Part One
Brandon Mull resides in a happy little valley near the mouth of a canyon with his wife and three children. He spent two years living in the Atacama Desert of Northern Chile where he learned Spanish and juggling. He once won a pudding eating contest in the park behind his grandma’s house, earning a gold medal. Brandon is the author of the New York Times bestselling Fablehaven series and The Candy S ...more

Fablehaven (5 books)
  • Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1)
  • Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2)
  • Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #3)
  • Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)

News & Interviews