Start by marking “The Tea Dragon Tapestry (Tea Dragon, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Tea Dragon Tapestry (Tea Dragon, #3)

The Tea Dragon Tapestry

(Tea Dragon #3)

Join Greta and Minette once more for the heartwarming conclusion of the award-winning Tea Dragon series!

Over a year since being entrusted with Ginseng's care, Greta still can't chase away the cloud of mourning that hangs over the timid Tea Dragon. As she struggles to create something spectacular enough to impress a master blacksmith in search of an apprentice, she question
Expected publication: June 1st 2021 by Oni Press

To ask other readers questions about The Tea Dragon Tapestry, please sign up.
Tara It's currently available for request on NetGalley! …moreIt's currently available for request on NetGalley! (less)

Start your review of The Tea Dragon Tapestry (Tea Dragon, #3)
Melanie
ARC provided by Oni Press in exchange for an honest review.

1.) The Tea Dragon Society ★★★★★
2.) The Tea Dragon Festival ★★★★★
*.) Aquicorn Cove ★★★★

”You feel like you’ve lost your path. It’s natural to be sad… it’s alright to let those feelings wash over you, and give them time to soak into the earth. That’s when things start to grow again.”

This entire series is just so special to me, and this newest installment is probably my favorite thing by Katie O’Neill to date. The Tea Dragon Tapestry t
Zoë
e-ARC provided by Oni Press in exchange for an honest review
It's common knowledge amongst my friends, family, and many people who watch my videos that I'm more than a little in love with the Tea Dragon series. Katie O'Neill's art style is my absolute favorite of all time. I love the dreamy, cozy atmosphere and the soothing color palette. I love the wholesome characters and, most of all, the tea dragons. (I even bought myself a Chamomile plushie because I am a responsible adult who wants to prete
C.G. Drews
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I sincerely hope this series has at least ninety-one books because I need them all so desperately my heart aches. I loved this. It is so true and beautiful, heartfelt and kind. This one also felt sadder than the others and dealt with themes of change and loss, but in such a gentle and uplifting way. I felt it in my soul when the characters talked about losing motivation and passion for things that made them. How do you be you, when you have changed? It's a huge topic and yet this graphic novel c ...more
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
As always, Katie O'Neill's art is absolutely unmatched. It is so cute and atmospheric and I would hang every single panel up in my house if I could. That being said, the plot of this one didn't do a ton for me? It definitely wasn't bad in the slightest, but it just wasn't especially memorable. ...more
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, favourites
"Everything that happens is part of your wholeness. The sadness, the loss, the hurt, as well as the joy, the love, the friendship--it is all part of your tapestry."

representation: queer relationships and characters, characters of colour, disability rep (character who uses a wheelchair), different body shapes/types.

[trigger warnings are listed at the bottom of this review and may contain spoilers]

★★★★★

An absolutely stunning conclusion to my favourite graphic novel series of all time. As per
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Possible re-read soon. 💟
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
As always, this was incredibly sweet and lovely and soft. I love the tea dragons so much and this cast of characters is delightful and wonderfully diverse. I have to admit that this was my least favorite in the series by a small margin, maybe because I felt like it held so little world-building and development — and the fact that it seemed to involve much less dialogue than the previous installments. That said, it's still a really precious read and a satisfying conclusion to an incredibly lovabl ...more
Maëlys
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
☆ 5 / 5 ☆

my review for The Tea Dragon Society (Book 1)
my review for The Tea Dragon Festival (Book 2)

...remember, that you are already whole.

This was truly perfect.

For one, the art has gotten even better if that’s possible. The colour work truly enhances every scene and Katie O’Neill knows how to create moods and atmospheres so beautifully. Every colour is so rich and every panel truly draws you into the story. I’d love nothing more but to jump into this world and be a part of it.

“It sou
Drewthereader20
This book was such a quick and fun read for me I read this one in one sitting! Love Katie's books and fall in love with each one of them. Hopefully there's more in this series but I'm not sure if there will be?
5/5 STARS!!!(:
aarya
Oh, my heart. It’s still tender because it swelled up by three sizes while reading this adorable and beautifully illustrated comic. Queer found family, mischievous tea dragons, being a supportive caretaker and friend for someone grappling with grief... my heart’s swelling again. The art is truly lovely, and I wish I could share some panels that made my jaw drop in awe. I need to hunt down the first two installments of this series.

Disclaimer: I received a free e-ARC from the publisher in exchange
Dave Schaafsma
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am grateful to NetGalley, Oni Press, and Katie O’Neill for the opportunity to read this book, the third in the Tea Dragon series, which I review thankfully, without prejudice.

The Tea Dragon Society was the winner of the 2018 Eisner Award for Best Publication for kids 9-12! Yay, Katie O'Neill! It was followed by The Tea Dragon Festival.

Entitled The Tea Dragon Tapestry, this third volume that appears to conclude a trilogy maintains the tone and warmth of the original and deepens the reach of the
Silvia
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was sent this book as an advance copy by the publisher via NetGalley for reviewing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

This was just as lovely and wholesome as the previous ones 💕

While it dealt with heavier topics than the last two books, it did so in a very uplifting (and not patronizing) way. This whole series is the perfect example of something written for kids that is also perfect for all adults but especially queer ones who didn't get to read this type of story with a queer found fa
menna
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-releases, arcs
"If you do not make something your heart us completely happy with, you will never be able to accept the result, whether it is success or failure."

This book made me tear up at 3 in the morning,, what more can i ask for?? i mean literal footage of me reading this book would show me being the exact equivalent of this emoji (🥺)

Everytime i read a Katie O'Neill book i say "that's it!!!!!! that's the cutest book she's ever written!!!!" and then she releases another one and proves me wrong.

Both the
Julia Sapphire
I was provided with this e-ARC by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

"The Tea Dragon Tapestry" was such a wonderful installment in this series. The first book "The Tea Dragon Society" blew me away with beautiful art, loveable characters, and a great story. This graphic novel was no exception and I am so glad that I got approved for this ARC as it is one of my most anticipated reads for the year. Overall I would highly recommend starting this series!
Emma
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing

It was so good to be back with these characters in this final chapter of this lovely graphic novel series. I loved how both Minette and Greta had their own storyline and things to solve and I'm happy with the conclusion this series has got. Also, tea dragons are still the cutest creatures ever!
Katie O'Neill never disappoints when it comes to drawings, they're breathtaking and the colours she uses
Cande
Tea Dragon is such a beautiful series, following charming characters and these wonderful Tea Dragon creatures. Katie O'Neill's art is my favorite, it's aesthetically pleasing, soft, and colorful. I have enjoyed all the installments and I'm sad to see this story end.

The Tea Dragon Tapestry reunites old and new characters: Greta, Minette, Rinn and Aedhan, it was great to see everyone once again. This one may be my favorite for its tender and thoughtful exploration of grief, care and love.

Greta is
Bandita
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Thank you so much Netgalley and Oni Press for the review copy!

This book was amazing! Just as amazing as the first one! I loved Min and Greta and all the tea dragons so much. My heart broke every time I saw Ginseng being sad, which means that I grew so attached to the characters. This story is beautiful and magical, and I loved every bit of it. The artwork is absolutely fantastic!
Sheena
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVE the illustrations. Such beautiful colors. Heart warming, adorable, and precious. I think this may be my favorite one of the series. Thank you so much for this arc to the publisher and netgalley!
Anniek
"Everything that happens is part of your wholeness. The sadness, the loss, the hurt, as well as the joy, the love, the friendship -- it is all part of your tapestry."

I've had to do a lot of self care this week, so getting approved for one of my most anticipated graphic novels of the year was absolutely perfect timing. These graphic novels are beyond comforting; they feel like such a safe space, and the art is so stunning and adorable and soothing. You know the feeling of lowering yourself into a
✧ jules ✧
Thank you Netgalley and Oni Press for the ARC.

A lovely conclusion to a very wholesome series. It was as cute as diverse and as beautiful as the others. I feel the story wasn't as interesting, so it lacked on that part and it felt a bit less intriguing, but I'd still say it's a decent conclusion. Definitely would like to reread it as finished product because the format of the arc didn't give it justice. It was very hard to read it with having just the art and then the dialogue wasn't as clear as
Swati
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I started off with The Tea Dragon Festival, part 2 of the adorable Tea Dragon series last year. Here, I review The Tea Dragon Tapestry, the final book in the series. You can start anywhere and still enjoy them. How can you not adore a book about little tea dragons that grow tea leaves on themselves?

This book focuses on Greta, a blacksmith-in-training, who has been taking care of the little tea dragon, Ginseng, for a year. Her friend Minette works in Hesekiel’s store. Erik now stays with Hesekiel
Kaya
Feb 04, 2020 marked it as to-read
MY FAVORITE GRAPHIC NOVEL SERIES EVER. I’m screaming.
Hsinju
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
The final instalment of Tea Dragon series brings the whole story to a beautiful end. It takes place one year after The Tea Dragon Society and many years after The Tea Dragon Festival . We get to see Greta, Minette, Erik, Hesekiel, Rinn, and Aedhan again. I totally recommend reading the previous books first for full enjoyment as I am unsure if this book would make sense as a standalone.

“It made me feel, for a moment, envious of someone who had the freedom of mind to make something that exi
Briar's Reviews
The Tea Dragon Tapestry is a lovely book by Katie O'Neill.

They say don't judge a book by it's cover, but I totally did! The cover is absolutely stunning and drew all of my attention in when I saw it. Of course, then I read the description and found out more about the book, but that cover is attention grabbing! I love it! Bright oranges, reds and pinks all make for a really nice colour scheme. I also adore the cute, little dragons inside at the beginning of the book. So adorable!

This is a great g
Mimi
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I can't be completely sure but, in my educated opinion, there is literally nothing in this world that cannot be made better by reading a Katie O'Neill book.
Pandemic getting you down? Read an O'Neill book and watch your mood do a one-eighty.
Bad skin? Clears right up the second you see a tea dragon.
Depression? We don't know her, we only know adorable squeals and wholesomeness.
Honestly.
I can't even put into words how The Tea Dragon Tapestry made me feel. All I can tell you that I gasped at illustra
Izzie
Thank you to NetGalley for sending me this eARC in exchange for an honest review.
(Thank you to my Mum for typing this on my behalf).
I absolutely adored this graphic novel, Katie O'Neill continues to improve her art style and story telling with every new release. The artwork is beautiful and colourful, and I wanted to inspect every panel to really appreciated all the fine details. The themes were explored masterfully despite it being such a short read. I really connected with the idea of grieving
Danika at The Lesbrary
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to miss this series! It's the most comforting, gentle read. There are so many charming details, like including a tiny tea dragon curled up on the copyright page, or a vine design wherever there's extra space. There is a lot of diversity in the characters, including differing skin colors, characters with disabilities, and queer characters. I love to just stop and stare at each page, taking the artwork in.

Greta has been taking care of Ginsberg the tea dragon for a year now, and he's sti
Melissa
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a "Bookstagram made me do it" book. I didn't know it was a series, so I haven't read the first two. Even if I did understand the story shown in this one, I found the graphics so adorable that I want to read everything Katie O'Neill has ever written.

This book is touching story about how everyone copes differently with grief, sadness, and growth.

And those tea dragons are SO CUTE!!!!

Many thanks to Oni Press for the complimentary e-copy of this book through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in
Léa
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing an arc in exchange for an honest review!

The Tea Dragon series is one of the cutest I have ever read! From the stories, the morals and the gorgeous illustration style, I absolutely adore them! The Tea Dragon Tapestry is an incredible story of growth, grief and love. My only fault is that I wish it was longer!

• Big Lies in a Small Town
  • "Unhealthy": Two Stories Of Mental Health And Body Image
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 2: Friendship to the Max
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 3: A Terrible Plan (Lumberjanes, Vol. 3)
  • Kristy's Big Day (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #6)
  • Kristy's Great Idea
  • White Bird
  • Claudia and Mean Janine
  • Ways of Seeing
  • Artificial Condition (The Murderbot Diaries, #2)
  • Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative
  • Sweaty Palms: The Anthology About Anxiety, Volume Two (Sweaty Palms, #2)
  • Exit Strategy (The Murderbot Diaries, #4)
  • Rogue Protocol (The Murderbot Diaries, #3)
  • George
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice (Sunny, #3)
  • This Is How You Lose the Time War
Kay O'Neill is an illustrator and graphic novelist from New Zealand. They are the author of Princess Princess Ever After, The Tea Dragon Society, Aquicorn Cove, and more. They mostly make gentle fantasy stories for younger readers, and are very interested in tea, creatures, things that grow, and the magic of everyday life.

On an Instagram post 17th December 2020 the author shared that they use they

Tea Dragon (3 books)
  • The Tea Dragon Society (Tea Dragon, #1)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)