Start by marking “The Tea Dragon Festival” as Want to Read:

(Tea Dragon #2)

Rinn has grown up with the Tea Dragons that inhabit their village, but stumbling across a real dragon turns out to be a different matter entirely! Aedhan is a young dragon who was appointed to protect the village but fell asleep in the forest eighty years ago. With the aid of Rinn’s adventuring uncle Erik and his partner Hesekiel, they investigate the mystery of his enchan ...more
Expected publication: September 17th 2019 by Oni Press

To ask other readers questions about The Tea Dragon Festival, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tea Dragon Festival

Chloe
This was just as beautiful, whimsical, diverse & cute as The Tea Dragon Society. This made me feel so happy & cosy.

I got an ARC of this from Oni Press at BookExpo. It comes out September 17th!
Melanie
ARC acquired at Book Expo in exchange for an honest review.

“Just because something comes easily to you, does not mean it has no value. You find it effortless because you love it, and that is why it is your gift.”

Most of you know, that I fell head over heels in love with The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neill last year, so when I got my hands on an ARC of this, I knew I had no option but to read it and fall in love with it immediately. And, dear reader, that is exactly what happened. This s
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Absolutely adorable. Katie O'Neill can do no wrong in my eyes.
Whitney Atkinson
Thanks to Oni Press for the advanced review copy!

Katie O'Neill can do no wrong. This book was so stinking cute from the art style to the positivity to the inclusivity and the dragons. I think I enjoyed it better than book one. This world is so magical and transporting and uplifting, and I love how people of different genders and sexualities and disabilities are seamlessly folded in. There were certain panels in this book that spoke to me so much as an adult even though this is written for childr
C.G. Drews
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Comics by Katie O'Neill just fill me with such deep happiness and peace that I want everyone in the world to read them. 😭💛The art is so so beautiful and magical, especially the foresty parts here...I felt like they were glowing off the page?! And the overall softness of the style the warm colours, and the expressions that so perfectly capture emotions (they're lovingly surprised faces when kindness happens just makes my heart swell). Look, I definitely am not an artist, but I can appreciate art ...more
Toni
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully illustrated and charming. This is my first book by Katie O'Neill, but now I would really like to try to find her previous work, which I'm sure is going to be fantastic.
Thank you to NetGalley and Oni Press for the ARC provided in exchange for an honest opinion.
April (Aprilius Maximus)
"Just because something comes easily to you, does not mean it has no value. You find it effortless because you love it, and that is why it is your gift."

A stunning addition to my favourite graphic novel series of all time. It's worth the read for the art alone. It's absolutely S T U N N I N G ✨

The story itself is so beautiful and heartwarming with effortlessly diverse characters. The main character uses they/them pronouns, sign language is used within the story, there's a m/m side romance and
☽¸¸.I am¸¸.•*¨ The ¸¸.•*¨*Phoenix¨*•♫♪ ☾
I want to thank NetGalley for sending me and advanced digital copy of this book.

There is a small village, among the mountains, where people live a peaceful life, collecting food from the forest and taking care of the moody, naughty, wonderful tea dragons. What a surprise they'll have when, one day, they'll find a full-size dragon who's been asleep for 80 years and declares his duty to take care of the village and all its inhabitants!

This comic is a companion volume to the well-known and well-lov
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I’ve loved everything I’ve read from Katie O’Neill so far, and this was, of course, no exception. It was so lovely to return to the world of the tea dragons, and I can’t even describe how pleased I was that, despite mostly following new characters, we get to spend a little more time with (much younger versions of) Erik and Hesekiel. ♥

This was every bit as precious as I thought it would be, and it added in something new: sign language! Some of the characters actually use a mixture of spoken word
Julie Zantopoulos
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely precious graphic novel. Katie O’Neill just can’t go wrong with their messages and art-they’re both stunning.
Amy Imogene Reads
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 cute stars

The Tea Dragon Festival comes out on September 17, 2019.

This is one of the most precious, most wholesome things that I've ever read and I will definitely be pulling this sweet graphic novel out again on a gloomy day.

Art: ★★★★★
Characters: ★★★★★
Plot: ★★★★★

Following Katie O'Neill's smash hit The Tea Dragon Society, The Tea Dragon Festival expands on the world of tea dragons and the villagers who care for them in this sweet story that can be read as a standalone companion.

Rinn is an as
Emma
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The ARC of this graphic novel was provided by the publisher Oni Press via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Tea Dragon Festival
is a companion story to the beautiful The Tea Dragon Society and let me assure that this volume is as stunning as the first one. The colors are gorgeous and the illustrations are to die for. This story is set before the events of The Tea Dragon Society since we can see a much younger Hesekiel and Erik. I also loved the new characters that were introdu
Alexa
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
So, so, so cute! Really enjoyed this prequel story. It just made my heart so happy to be back in this work again!
E.
★★★★★ | Colourful, lovely and heartwarming!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Honestly, every time I read a Katie O'Neill story I wish to have kids just to read it to them. And I'm not planning kids.

I love the Tea Dragon world and little Tea Dragons but in this one, we have Rinn, a brown non-binary person, finding an ACTUAL dragon while gathering wild herbs and vegetables in the forest. There are also some characters from the last story and Deaf representation (with the whole village being able to use sign language!).

The Tea Dr
Vicky Who Reads
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think in a technical sense this was a superior story than the companion, THE TEA DRAGON SOCIETY, but I also loved how THE TEA DRAGON SOCIETY was more flowery. This was a little more plains-y mountain-y.

But also...it had the floofiest grumpy tea dragon ever and I love that dragon with 99% of my heart.
Annemieke / A Dance with Books
Thank you to Oni Press and Netgalley for the review copy in exchange for an honest review. This does not change my opinion in anyway.

I’d heard everyone raving about The Tea Dragon Society earlier this year so when I got the opportunity to read this beauty early I of course took it.

This whole book just feels so warm. There is really no better way to describe it. It just brings such a smile on my face. The soft and warm colors work so well with the art style and the story. I had to get used to
Acqua
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this more than the first one! The Tea Dragon Festival is a companion prequel to the graphic novel The Tea Dragon Society, featuring both old and new characters and just as many adorable dragons. The art is gorgeous (and there were fungi and beautiful woods! I loved that a lot.)

This time, the story follows a genderfluid main character who loves gathering food from the forest, and a confused dragon who woke up after eighty years of sleep. The story was cute, but what made it truly stand ou
Julia Sapphire
-memory loss element
-friendship/bonding

this. was. beautiful.
⚔ Silvia ⚓
I was sent this book as an advanced copy by the publisher via NetGalley for reviewing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

What an utterly delightful story, and what a gift to the world is Katie O'Neill!

The Tea Dragon Festival is a companion-prequel to The Tea Dragon Society and it follows Rinn (they/them), who is an aspiring cook, and a Dragon (not a small tea dragon!) who's been asleep for too long. We also see a young Erik and Hesekiel in their bounty hunters days and they're just as cute
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley, Oni Press and Katie O'Neill for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

4 stars.

Ohh the beauty of this is amazing! There is so much to love about this Graphic Novel. The story is so good it leaves you feeling quite happy once you have finished reading it. The illustrations are just absolutely stunning! I could spend ages just looking at the pictures. The colouring and just the artwork themselves are truly beautiful.

I really love Middle Grade Dragon themed s
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
5 / 5 stars

This was everything I hoped for, it was like a warm hug and it gave me a serious case of the warm and fuzzies (just like The Tea Dragon Society). I fell in love with the new characters, and I adored the prequel for the characters in the Tea Dragon Society.

I especially loved how effortlessly the author incorporated diversity. The mai
Amber
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly love this story and all the dragons that Katie O'Neill has magically crafted. The guide at the end is especially fun because you can learn a little more about dragons featured throughout without the characters having to over-explain. I truly love this author's works and can't wait for the next graphic she comes out with.

I received an ecopy of this through netgalley; however, all opinions are my own.
Maraia
I always adore Katie O’Neill’s illustrations, and this one has my favorite story yet. It was just so sweet and cozy and effortlessly diverse. I definitely recommend it, regardless of your age!
Ali Corvere
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe it, but I think I like this one even more than Tea Dragon Society (if that's even possible).
I'm in complete awe of this book and I hope O'Neill never stops writing these.

The Tea Dragon Festival delves deeper into the lore of the world that Katie O'Neill has masterfully created.
It's a prequel to Tea Dragon and follows a new main character named Rinn, who loves gathering food for their village. During their time in the forest, they accidentally awaken a Dragon named Aedhan who w
Veronika
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Tea Dragon Festival is the loveliest little book I've seen in a long time. It made my heart melt
and flutter and brought so much happiness and joy.

The drawings are gorgeous, the atmosphere is incredible, and I only wish I could visit this beautiful and magical world, where dragons and tea dragons exist.

I loved everything about this, and I can't wait to get the book into my hands, so I could melt over the cutest Tea Dragons again and again and again <3

mahana
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Oni Press for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The Tea Dragon Festival is another inclusive, stunning fantastical graphic novel from Katie O'Neill. Following a young girl who encounters a sleeping dragon in the woods one day, she later helps them assimilate to life after deep slumber for 80 years.

Katie O'Neill's art is so stunning, I just want to stare at it for hours. I loved how effortlessly diverse this was, including the de
Bethany
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

The Tea Dragon Festival is a prequel graphic novel and another installment in the ADORABLE world of the tea dragons! You will recognize younger versions of two main characters and in this story we get to meet a full-size dragon as well. It has a much more defined plot structure than The Tea Dragon Society but it still diverse and super cute. I enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it if you liked the first one! I received an advance review copy from the publisher. All
Drewthereader19
Book 2 for the reading rush is completed. I read this graphic novel in one spot. And I loved this one. It was so cute!(:
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even if this story wasn't sweet, and lovely and enjoyable, the artwork alone would be worth the admission.

This is the second book in the Tea Dragon series, but it is not necessary to read the first book, although characters reoccur from the first book, you don't need to know this. This story is set in a slightly different area that keeps tea dragons around.

The basic story is that of a dragon that went to sleep, mysteriously and missed taking care of Rinn's village.

Rinn, who discovers the drago
Tukunjil Nayeera
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I got an ARC of this from Oni Press via NetGallery and it comes out September 17th!

Such a lovely, heartwarming, and whimsical story The Tea Dragon Festival is!

All the illustrations are colorful and enchanting!

Also this story has a very important message- If you do something passionately, you'll excel at it!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Katie O'Neill is an illustrator and graphic novelist from New Zealand. She is the author of Princess Princess Ever After, The Tea Dragon Society, and Aquicorn Cove, all from Oni Press. She mostly makes gentle fantasy stories for younger readers, and is very interested in tea, creatures, things that grow, and the magic of everyday life.

Tea Dragon (2 books)