Start by marking “A Smart Girl's Guide to Friendship Troubles: Dealing With Fights, Being Left Out and the Whole Popularity thing” as Want to Read:
A Smart Girl's Guide to Friendship Troubles: Dealing With Fights, Being Left Out and the  Whole Popularity thing

A Smart Girl's Guide to Friendship Troubles: Dealing With Fights, Being Left Out and the Whole Popularity thing (A Smart Girl's Guide...)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  601 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
From backstabbing to bullying to just being left out, here's advice for girls about a whole host of friendship problems. How do you speak up for yourself when you're worried about hurting your friend's feelings? What if your best friend leaves you for the more popular crowd? What do you do when your friend the "rule setter" decides you're not cool anymore? When- and how- d ...more
Published July 1st 2003 by American Girl Publishing Inc (first published June 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Smart Girl's Guide to Friendship Troubles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Smart Girl's Guide to Friendship Troubles

Ruby
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna
Geoffrey Fritts
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well I think

My phone is going to be a l and then joined in your car parts online for the pictures are going well so I don't care of you and me a little more about this weekend so far I have no longer little place for you so that they are going out on me a pic and then the tim Tebow and you are a lot to me that the tim panda pony pop ppl love little love u like little love people love little little little little little little love to see what happens with a little little bit more about this one w
Kiersten
Nov 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone with friendship troubles.
Recommended to Kiersten by: Noone I just needed it.
Me and my best friend were fighting when I got this book. And I think that because of this book, Samantha* and I are the best of friends. We are better than we were before.

*Samantha is my very, very, very, best friend.
So is Spencer but She wasn't the one i was fighting with.
H
Jan 22, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a wonderful book on friendship. I fought with my friend A LOT and now I know exactly what to do and say
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
some true but others are not,
Ash R.
Mar 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is a guide to girls who are now getting into making friends and how to get through those little small fights that grow in to big problems that can be fixed by a simple solution. Have you ever need someone to guide you to make the right decisions then end up doing it with pride? This book helps teaches the concept of never to give up on a friend!

I can make a text to world connection with their friends constantly fighting and arguing that most of the time they spend together they are fi
Irene Meng
Dec 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love how this book teaches girls how to deal with friendship problems and such. It really goes into detail when it comes to talking about how a friendship works. The book gives great examples of how your friend should act toward you.The book also teaches you how to act when troubles begin. Inside, there are quizzes, tips, and real life stories that helps me see if my friends are really worth my time.This book gives you advice on how to deal with fights, being left out, and the whole popularity ...more
$hanel
Mar 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book shows what to do if you are having problems with your friends and if your friend is part of the "IN crowd" and leaving YOU left behind. When my best friend and I were fighting my Mum bought me this book and told me to use it to go through the tough time. It really does work and after that I got my BFF back (we arent friends anymore because things just werent working out.) This book really works!
Karen
I read this book years ago, and even though I,personally, wish I hadn't wasted the time, it is a book that some kids should read. It certainly has a few tips that could and should be used to avoid drama that every girl inevitably encounters during childhood. However,I believe the kids that would enjoy these books most are those who enjoyed the original Americal Girl series, which I never did.
Lola
As a socially awkward, slightly weird preteen girl, I turned to this book for advice far more than I'm proud of. There are some things you just can't ask your friends or your mom, and what better place to turn to in that time of need than to a Smart Girl's Guide? I wish I still had my copy. I'm not one for self-help, but this actually proved useful in my life. Don't tell Rachel. Recommended!
RogueHireling
Some great advice, but honestly, it seemed a bit mature. Not so much the tone of the book, more the advice itself. I can imagine that many grownups would benefit from reading this book, yet would still have trouble implementing the suggestions.

Never the less, its decent basic advice, with a fairly main stream slant on popularity.
Marah
Aug 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: middle school girls and their parents
Shelves: young-adult
Excellent reference for middle school girls (and perhaps 4th and 5th grade girls) for how to deal with lots of different things that happen in friendships. I liked the sound advice and the real-life examples.
Holly
Jul 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
The American Girl Library has a plethora of books on different subjects for girls. It is a great source for any young girl who wants a quick, fun, and informational read that give some truly valuable advice. I wish I had read this when I was that age!
Shannon
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am a grown woman, but read it cover to cover to get ideas of how to handle situations with my daughter who is 8. I even found some insight into my own friendships, lol!! Some of this stuff never ends!
Jessica
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think this book has good information for girls my age and it is helpful. When you're having trouble with your friends, you can always go back to the book. I would read it again and share it with my friends.
7709mei
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is a good book for people who keeps on getting friendship fights. I thought after reading this book I was relating to my friendship. There was some lessons that I learned after reading this book. It was interesting to read.
Galilea Estrada
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book because it tells you what to do if you and your friend are mad at each other. In the book there are stories of girls that have similar problems as you do. I really like all the colors there is in the book. I recommend this book to all girls.
Alison Stegert
Nov 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: girls grades 4-8, school libraries
This is a good book for school libraries as well as a good book to give to a girl who is struggling with friendship issues. It's practical and easy to read and follow. There's not a lot of text, some quizzes, and cute drawings, so even girls who are not strong readers will be able to benefit.
Tina
Jun 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book to read and discuss with your preteen daughter, or on your own just to know what to say to her when issues come up. It teaches them how to choose, keep, and be a good friend, and what to do when friendships fall apart. It's been extremely helpful for us.
Kyra
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was dealijng with Friendship troubles when I first started reading this. When I finished this, those were completely solved, and my friend are even closer now. If you are dealing with feeling left out, or had fights with your friend, you NEED to read this.
Annie
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is honestly a wonderful book. I read it through to see if it would be suitable for my niece and I think it is. it is very wise advice for me as a 35 year old too! should have read this when I was young:-)
Katie V
Oct 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: informing
This is a very good book it gives a lot of good advice on how to be a good friend and how to stay away from mean friends. It also tells you how to deal with girls who aren't so nice if you can't just stay away from them.
Claire
Jan 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
I read it and it did not help me and my best friends with *Jeanette and *Carlin stop fighting. Did not work for me but had great advice in general.
Lilly Fife
Jan 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, my mom just bought me this book yesterday, I'm kind of skipping through to solve my problems with friends. This really helps you understand your friends too!
Lauren
Oct 07, 2008 added it
I had been going through friend troubles and really helped me out.
Kirsten
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This really helps me with any problems.
Maria
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book, any girl going into middle school should definitely read it, this book will help you understand things and see yourself like you have never seen before!
Mwbraceface
Apr 27, 2010 rated it it was ok
haha
Emu
Aug 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
When you have troubles with friends, I suggest this book
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Manners: The Secrets to Grace, Confidence, and Being Your Best
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Starting Middle School: Everything You Need to Know About Juggling More Homework, More Teachers, and More Friends
  • The Feelings Book: The Care & Keeping of Your Emotions
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Staying Home Alone: A Girl's Guide to Feeling Safe and Having Fun
  • A Smart Girl's Guide To Style: How To Have Fun With Fashion, Shop Smart, And Let Your Personal Style Shine Through (American Girl)
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Liking Herself, Even on the Bad Days: The Secrets to Trusting Yourself, Being Your Best & Never Letting the Bad Days Bring You Down
  • The Care & Keeping of You: The Body Book for Girls (American Girl Library)
  • Hair: Styling Tips and Tricks for Girls (American Girl Library)
  • Clutter Control: Crafts and Tips to Organize Your Backpack, Your Bedroom, Your Locker, Your Life (American Girl Library)
  • Chrissa Stands Strong
  • Just Kidding
  • Marisol
  • Manatee Blues (Wild at Heart, #4)
  • Mini Mysteries: 20 Tricky Tales to Untangle (American Girl Library)
  • Chester Raccoon and the Big Bad Bully (Chester the Raccoon (Kissing Hand) #4)
  • Kit's Surprise: A Christmas Story (American Girls: Kit, #3)
  • Nicki

A Smart Girl's Guide... (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Yikes! A Smart Girl's Guide to Surviving Tricky, Sticky, Icky Situations
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Money: How to Make It, Save It, And Spend It
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Understanding Her Family: Feelings, Fighting & Figuring It Out
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to the Internet: How to Connect with Friends, Find What You Need, and Stay Safe Online
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Knowing What to Say: Finding the Words to Fit Any Situation
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Her Parents' Divorce: How to Land on Your Feet When Your World Turns Upside Down