Start by marking “Lost” as Want to Read:
Lost

Lost

(Tom Moon #1)

Detective Tom Moon and his multi-talented team face off against an international crime ring looking to seize control of America's most vibrant city, Miami.

The city of Miami is Detective Tom Moon's back yard. He's always kept it local, attending University of Miami on a football scholarship, and, as a Miami PD officer, protecting the city's most vulnerable.

Now, as the new
Published January 13th 2020 by Little, Brown and Company

Start your review of Lost
Suzanne
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it

Pretty good, quick read. The human trafficking storyline is intriguing and does give readers a view on how awful the whole crime is and also the disparity in attention it gets compared to many other crimes. Which is a real travesty all around. Would love to read more books based on the subject matter.
Larry Aydlette
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Another quick, compulsive read from the Patterson Inc. Machine, about an FBI task force trying to shut down an Amsterdam-to-Miami human trafficking ring. I usually only read Patterson's Alex Cross novels, not the ones he does with co-authors, but I made an exception here because of his collaborator James O. Born, who has a name in South Florida thriller writer circles. The characterizations of the task force and the work they do, especially Born's insider's knowledge of how police officers ...more
Laura Rash
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Fairly decent read. I liked the character Tom Moon. A little bit of Reacher with his stature and dealing with stressful situations. Wouldn’t mind a few more books with this group.
Germaine
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well worth a read
Irene
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks LB&Co for sending me Lost to review . Tom Moon is a great character with law enforcement in Miami , Florida . His goal is to crush an international human trafficking ring after he receives information a group of children are being smuggled into MIA . After returning the children to Amsterdam he returns to Miami with more information to locate another shipment of children being smuggled by ship . With the help of Marie the Amsterdam detective working the case abroad they take down the ...more
John
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Got this book Monday at 9pm. Finished it Wednesday at 9pm. It was that good.
Donna Hines
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Enter Tommy our main guy and head of the FBI task force dealing with international crime.
His job to bring down the Russian nationals AKA Roman and Emile Rostoff.
However, to do so we must dig deeper into a human trafficking and smuggling diamonds case.
No, but seriously the rules need not apply because as we see currently in operation some feel above the law.
Sooner or later one must pay the piper and so this runs around in circles like a merry go round full of back and forth drama.
For me I can't
Mindo'ermatter
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better Than I Thought. Fast, Fun, Read!

This Patterson-Born collaboration works well. Detective Tom Moon is a likable cop, flaws and all, attached to an inter-agency crime taskforce in Miami. This fast-paced crime suspense focuses on a human trafficking scheme, linking Dutch smugglers and Russian mob forces in Amsterdam and Miami. Moving but honest.

Patterson's short-chapter format keeps this thriller focused and intense, while developing the human side of the believable characters and plotline.
Nicola Rakic
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable
Jill
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Surprisingly I enjoyed this book. The character was fresh and entertaining. It will interested to see where this series go.
Deb
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was pretty good. As always, it was a fast and easy read. It reads like it might be the first of a new series.
Shae Godfrey
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

Great work!I hope this character expands! Would love to read more with these characters in it! The beginning of more I hope!
Chris Persaud
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
This story was good but if we compared it to Patterson’s other characters in the genre (Cross, Bennett, Boxer, etc), Moon just doesn’t compare yet in my opinion. If there is another book in the series I’ll give it a shot
Garry Newton
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good read that keeps you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.

A must read for all James Patterson fans, you will not be disappointed get this book, even if you are not a Patterson can but like crime based books you will enjoy LOST.
LornaMarie LornaMarie
A good read.
Muhemed Masika
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Find your way
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
With the newly published LOST, we can add yet another memorable character to James Patterson’s oeuvre. The book introduces Miami police detective Tom Moon to crime fiction, and an auspicious introduction it is indeed, beginning with his backstory and continuing through a plot that is very much set in the real world.

Moon, who seems to be modeled (at least partly) after co-author James O. Born --- more on that in a minute --- has been “keeping it local,” to the extent of having been born in Miami
Unseen Library
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of Lost from Penguin Random House Australia to review.

From the excellent crime fiction team of James Patterson and James O. Born comes Lost, an enjoyable and thrilling novel that sets a fun new protagonist against the scourge of international human trafficking.

Detective Tom Moon is a Miami man, born and bred, who loves to protect his city. Assigned to lead a new FBI joint task force that’s been set up in the city, his new job is to tackle international crime. However, their job
Rick
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-crime, own
As with many James Patterson's books this was a fun read. Beyond that it is one of the better structured stories (story line, writing, characters and flow), candidly if the quality and be maintained at this level would like to see a series come out of this one.

There is nothing terribly exotic about the story. It is a pretty straight law enforcement story regarding human trafficking between the EU and the United States. In this instance it involves the all time favorite this century baddies, the
Michele A.
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting story. Tom Moon finds himself on a task force that involves human trafficking. He is specifically trying to stop it from happening in Miami. He meets another detective, Marie, from Amsterdam, who tries to give him a heads up on what's going on. The descriptions of human trafficking are quite vivid and caused me to pause a few times to wrap my head around how big of a problem it is. There are far too many times it is downplayed and this story seems to reflect that. I like the ...more
Michelle
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The subject of this book, human trafficking is very current for our time. We see it from country to country and these detectives do all they can to stop it asap. Lots of action and emotionally charged relationships. Sometimes the wrong things are done for the right reasons and vice versa. We then have to individually decide who is the villain and who is the hero. Hopefully everything works out for the best.
Stephen
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stopping A Terrible Sickness

Human trafficking is the center of this fictional book, but it is a real problem even today. This book shows us how difficult it is to stop it. It is a growing disease in our society. It is a worldly problem because most of the girls come from other countries, and their are people who are trying any way they can to transport the girls to the United States. It makes you sick to think about how these girls are used.
Kathy
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
LIBRARY BOOK. I really thought this was a boring sort of book. The topic of human trafficking involving the Russians, the Dutch and Miami was interesting but the story just wasn't all that satisfying. I kept thinking about half way through the book.....LOST....who is lost? I finally settled on Magda who got separated from her brother Joseph, the piano player. I would not recommend this book to anyone.
Ellie Connolly
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
Same old, same old. Different crime theme and different names on lead characters, but could have been written in 225 pages. Mr Patterson, you are overdoing yourself. In fact, most of my friends have stopped reading you because they don't believe you even wrote a page. Met some great new authors thanks to you, but time for a sabbatical for you. elliebrezy@aol.com
Craig Wakefield
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I decided to give this book an extra star. Perhaps because it was set in Miami where I lived while going to the University of Miami for an advanced law degree. Perhaps it's because Detective Tom Moon as well is an alumnus of the same law school. Perhaps it's because the good guys win and the bad Russians lose a round.
Irene
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all Patterson books. This was very fast paced with a good story of human trafficining

I would recommend this book to a time who enjoys police and mystery stories.. I will read anything that Patterson writes.
Sandra Schlichter
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book ! It kind of gives you an idea what real police officers , the FBI, and DHL , go through. James Patterson knows his stuff, and must have done alot of digging to write this book .
Very well written, keeps you on the edge of your seat !
Andrew Carter
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it
An OK book to me, but I was not thrilled with the subject matter....and the closing scene with the shoot-out on the crowded beach is incomprehensible. I am sure that this is the start of a new series with Tom Moon, who has an I-don't-gove-a-damn about rules let's-just-get-it-done attitude.
Carol Reynolds
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: tried-and-quit
Not my style. Too violent. DNF
Pgile5
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was the best James Patterson read in awhile! I really liked it!
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books

• Treason (Stone Barrington, #52)
  • Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • The Manila Deception (James Acton Thrillers #26)
  • Genesis (Jack Stapleton & Laurie Montgomery, #12)
  • Blind Run (Blind Run #1)
  • Celtic Empire (Dirk Pitt, #25)
  • Midnight Son
  • If You Tell: A True Story of Murder, Family Secrets, and the Unbreakable Bond of Sisterhood
  • The Debriefing
  • The Monogram Murders (New Hercule Poirot Mysteries, #1)
  • The Mystery of Three Quarters (New Hercule Poirot Mysteries, #3)
  • The New Girl (Gabriel Allon #19)
  • The Fountains of Silence
  • Hysteria (Alexander Gregory Thrillers, #2)
  • The Kill Artist (Gabriel Allon, #1)