Start by marking “Unscripted” as Want to Read:
Unscripted

Unscripted

A funny and timely debut YA about the toxic masculinity at a famous improv comedy camp

Seventeen-year-old Zelda Bailey-Cho has her future all planned out: improv camp, then Second City, and finally Saturday Night Live. She’s thrilled when she lands a spot on the coveted varsity team at a prestigious improv camp, which means she’ll get to perform for professional scouts
Expected publication: April 21st 2020 by Amulet Books

To ask other readers questions about Unscripted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unscripted

Start your review of Unscripted
Elyse (ElyseReadsandSpeaks)
This book was a pleasant surprise.

I happened to nab an ARC at YALLFEST and randomly chose a book from my stash to read as I waited in various lines. This book was the random chosen one. For the first 60-70 pages, I thought, "Meh, it's alright. Kind of cheesy." I don't like DNFing anything so I continued on. I'm so glad I did.

The slow and cheesy beginning now makes sense - we are supposed to see Zelda as a carefree kid. She makes stupid jokes, cares a lot about her family,
Terri
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"'There's a lot of crap out there...But the way to get through it is together. Find your people. And then keep helping people up. It's the only way.'" (pp.320-21)

Coming out April 21, 2020!
Desiree
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What is Zelda Bailey-Cho doing this very moment?
Because clearly the subject and protagonist of Nicole Kronzer’s debut novel “Unscripted” must exist off of the page. Bright, funny, quick, vulnerable, loyal, fierce, and immediately relatable to this frizzy-haired former collegiate comedy troupe denizen, Zelda surely isn’t fictional.
Set in an improv comedy camp and filled-to-bursting with compelling protagonists and antagonists, Unscripted is the perfect YA novel for the MeToo movement, with an i
Kathleen
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zelda arrives at Rocky Mountain Theater Arts camp armed with big dreams and surefire list of improv rules that will lead her to them. Yes, things seem a little weird when she finds herself one of only five girl campers among 200, but she makes the prestigious varsity team and takes her first steps toward SNL. It's all fine--great!--except Zelda's coach is a twenty-year-old Thor lookalike who confuses her with his hot-and-cold behavior. Her male teammates, unchecked, cast her as a secretary and/o ...more
Micaela Muldoon
"About a talented 17-year-old comedian who lands a coveted spot at a prestigious improv camp, putting her in front of her SNL hero at the final show; however, the humiliation and degradation she suffers at the hands of her all-male team and her coach force her to fight not only for stage time, but also for her voice."

YOU GO, GIRL!
Erika
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like the premise a lot, Improv, grooming, etc. But the way it's written is so cliche and hard to swallow. I don't really root for any characters because I find them so annoying, and the dialogue sounds like a bad sitcom. (That's kinda brutal sorry Nicole)
Belinda (bookstorm)
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I got to read this book before it was picked up and I zoomed through it! I loved the improv camp setting and I think the story is really timely and has a lot of important messages. Looking forward to seeing the finished version out on shelves!
Mitchell Slattery
Maddie
Jan 29, 2019
Rachel Solomon
Feb 03, 2019

• Frankly in Love (Frankly in Love, #1)
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
  • Never Have I Ever
  • Good Talk: A Memoir in Conversations
  • Things You Save in a Fire
  • Front Desk
  • The Lightest Object in the Universe
  • She's Powerful Trouble
  • Other Words for Home
  • The Curse of Chalion (World of the Five Gods, #1)
  • On the Come Up
  • Auralia's Colors (The Auralia Thread, #1)
  • Naamah's Blessing (Naamah Trilogy, #3)
  • Around the Table That Grandad Built
  • I'm Not Dying with You Tonight
  • The Breath of Bones (The Breath of Bones, #1)
  • Happy Winter