Start by marking “Save the Ocean (Save the Earth, #1)” as Want to Read:
Save the Ocean (Save the Earth, #1)

Save the Ocean

(Save the Earth #1)

From exciting and adventurous to educational and captivating, Bethany Stahl's immersive stories express heartfelt messages while engaging parents and children. With beautiful and charming illustrations, as well as a lovable sea turtle named Agwe, this is a book adults will love reading over and over again with their kids. Save the Ocean has a heartwarming lesson of recycli ...more
Published April 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Save the Ocean, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Save the Ocean

Start your review of Save the Ocean (Save the Earth, #1)
Montzalee Wittmann
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great message!

Save the Ocean by Bethany Stahl has a great message and is very colorful. Story is about a green sea turtle and plastic in the ocean. Envoys everyone to help keep the ocean clean.
Hákon Gunnarsson
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
The mermaid Kaleisha is having fun with her friend Agwe who is a turtle. Agwe tries to eat a jelly fish, but it turns out to not to be as good as usually.

It’s a nice children’s book dealing with pollution. Of course it is a little didactic, but it’s not that heavy handed. In fact, I think it takes an environmental problem, the plastic bag pollution in the oceans, and show what the result of it is, and what to do about it.

It is the first in a series called Save the Earth, which I think is gettin
RoshReviews
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
A nice and simple story with a great lesson on how to save the oceans. It focusses on the importance of the three Rs: Recycle, Reduce and Reuse. The cute illustrations match the story perfectly. The book also has some activities at the end to keep the little ones engrossed. Worth a read for sure.

***********************
Join me on the Facebook group, Readers Forever! , for more reviews, book-related discussions and fun.
Follow me on Instagram: RoshReviews
Shaye Miller
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it
The Kindle edition of this little picture book was on sale this week, so I picked up a copy. It's the story of a young mermaid named Kaleisha and a sea turtle named Agwe. Agwe accidentally eats a plastic bag when it looks too much like a jellyfish. When Kaleisha saves him, it is evident that we need to work harder to keep the oceans clean. The artwork appears to be rendered digitally.

For more children's literature, middle grade literature, and YA literature reviews, feel free to visit my persona
Christine
Perhaps the message is a bit heavy handed, but bonus points for a mermaid of color. I thought the illustrations were cute.
Donna Boock
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sea turtles, mermaids and a good message!

The art is delightful in this interactive picture book about how we can all be better to improve our oceans and the impact we make on our world. I especially love the places for interactive learning where the children can think and talk about little changes we can make to improve the heath of our sea creatures. Summer is coming up, and this would be a great book to pack on your trip and start the conversation while looking at some truly gorgeous artwork w
Tamara Rittershaus
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story with a powerful message

Trash in the ocean breaks my heart. This book give a powerful message of conservation by connecting the child to the ocean characters. I wish I could afford to buy this book for every child in my ocean-front city.
Lisa Ferland
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great message for the family

This book explains how we can all reduce, reuse, and recycle our belongings to reduce the trash in the oceans. Beautiful illustrations and a great message for kids to easily understand.
Jennifer Aicher
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute environmental theme!

Well written and concise tale explaining the perils turtles face in the oceans. Quite lovely. Will look for her other books!
Paula
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful illustrations

This well illustrated book is bright and cheerful even though it exemplifies the urgent need to clean our planet, especially the oceans. The green sea turtle accidentally eats a plastic bag, mistaking it for a jellyfish. Thankfully he is saved by his dear friend, but not all sea turtles are so lucky. This book is a good way to start teaching environmental conservation at a young age. If I taught elementary instead of high school, I would definitely read it to my students.
Paula
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Save the Ocean (Save the Earth Book 1)

Thanks so very much Ms Sthal for such a wonderful and well illustrated book. My granddaughter and I enjoyed it very much and also the facts about the other kinds of turtles and sea creatures. We enjoyed it immensely and we will diffidently make this a reread. I would recommend this educational book to parents who like to read bedtimes books to their children/grandchildren with educational information that they could researched facts the next day for further
Sheridan nyirenda
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Get this book!

Get this book when you can! Hands down the best book ever! My niece enjoyed it! I enjoyed it too.
Bonnie
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very good book

This is a very good, very educational book for children and for adults. Recommend reading to all children. I learned something and I am very into recycling.
Rosemary  Yoboby
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good lesson

Teaches the children that the world around them gets hurt, in this book is the ocean, by our poor choices and if recycle we make a different and save little creatures
Crystal Tan
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Simple and educative

Simple comic book that is short enough while being educative, suitable for kids. Given that it is free (at the time I got it), why not get it for little ones
Daniel
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
thanks!

It was free to me, but a very good read, and a great lesson on seas life and plastic pollution
Giulietta Spudich
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful and important story. The illustrations were enchanting. Both the problem and the solution are presented, leaving us with a message of hope. Loved it!
Julie Barrett
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Save the Ocean (Save the Earth Book 1) by Bethany Stahl
Children's colorful book about our ocean. A young mermaid is very deep in the ocean of beautiful creatures.
So many creatures are recognized and pointed out.
She thinks she sees jelly fish but they are really plastic bags and she gets upset.
Other creatures think they are food and try to eat the bags.
Reduce, reuse, recycle are the thoughts to take away from this read.
Fun games at the end search and find and also ocean facts.About the author i
Melissa Spencer
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

I love the message of this lovely book. It is a real delight to read, and the pictures are adorable.
Pam
May 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Beautiful illustrations. but the text didn't connect well. The recycling/save the ocean message was there but no real suggestions were presented. ...more
Jana
An Amazon Kindle edition of this picture book was available through BookBub for free. I'm not sure how long the book is available at that price, but the other books in the series are available for $2.99 each on Amazon, so still pretty affordable. This is a cute picture book featuring a mermaid, Kaleisha, and her friend, a green sea turtle named Agwe. These two friends have a great story to tell about the importance of keeping the oceans clean, so that sea creatures aren't harmed. Agwe is feastin ...more
Tony Parsons
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Agwe (sea turtle) was headed to find some jellyfish & invited Kleisha (mermaid) to come along.
Agwe was eating & started choking.
Kleisha had to figure out what was wrong with him.
Lots of plastic bags.
How can you help clean up the contaminated environment &the water?

I do not receive any type of compensation for reading & reviewing free books from publishers &
authors. Therefore, I am under no obligation to write a positive review, only an honest one.

An awesome book cover, great hand-drawn colo
Toi Thomas
This is a cute conservation story about a mermaid and her turtle friend, Agwe, trying to eat some jellyfish and encountering plastic bags instead. Kaleisha, the mermaid, breaks the fourth wall to ask the reader to help clean up the ocean by using the 3R's (as taught in school) to reduce, reuse, recycle.

While the book is cute, the illustrations are bright and inviting, the read-aloud video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1_37..., is what really sells this story.

I think the message of thi
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Our New Word for Agwe, Reuse!

There is an animated short on YouTube of this book. There are Ocean Facts in the back. I highly recommend this book. It is one of the best I have seen on saving the ocean and showing the impact on the animals that youngsters will understand.
Keisha. Mermaid, is going swimming through the ocean. Agwe, Turtle, wants to come along. Keisha grabs his shell and off they go. They find jellyfish and Agwe starts eating. Then Keisha sees that something is wrong with Agwe. What
Children's Bookshelf
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Part of the “Save the Earth” series I picked up. My students and I have begun learning about eco systems, conservation and human impact on the planet... so this of course was a natural fit. The gorgeous illustrations and cute story about a mermaid and her turtle friend resonated really well with my kids. This book has a clear message about protecting our oceans, recycling and making mindful decisions in our everyday life. Also featuring educational activities and facts, I must say this is really ...more
Belle Brown
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good effort to teach kids how to save our oceans

What really stands out in this book are the beautiful illustrations. My 3-yr old daughter really loved the turtle, the words are easy for her to understand and I loved the message. I just got confused when the mermaid suddenly talked to the land people. All in all, it was a good read with a big message for little people.
Tehila
A big disappointment; but then most books that preach rather than teach are a waste of time.

The pity is, the illustrations were really nice, and the book started out with good potential. Ms Stahl could have shown how the sea creatures got together to clean up, and then how they got the land folks involved.

Don’t bother with this one.
Cheryl
May 21, 2020 rated it liked it
It has a good message...

It is formalaic in style and is boring to read. If I didn't agree wholeheartedly with the message, I would not have given it a 3. It is written for kids, but the reality is that the young children may or may not trasfer the message to real life.

It could be so much better...
Sandra
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A sweet, much needed story for children to help them understand the importance of not throwing out plastic bags on or near any water areas, and the importance of using reusable bag to help prevent ocean creatures from choking on plastic.

This story has well-illustrated pictures, cute characters and is short and to the point which will keep the attention of children.
Elizabeth
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Save the Ocean – Bethany Stahl – Make sure you read the author's story! liked book this because it’s a great example of a young lady using her passion, time, and energy to promote a cause she loves! If you have a little dreamer, here is a tangible example of what one girl can do with a little ambition and a lot of enthusiasm! Happy Reading! ...more

• The Big Adventures of a Little Tree: Tree Finds Friendship (A Tree's Life Book 1)
  • Quinn Saves Christmas: A magical snow fairy adventure
  • Goldy the Puppy and the Missing Socks
  • Emily's Quills (The Hedgehogs, #2)
  • Squish Squeeze and Smash
  • How Did That Mouse Get In Our House
  • Who Wants To Play With Little Mouse?: A fun counting story about friendship
  • Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich!
  • I Can't Reach It!: A Growth Mindset Book To Promote Self-Esteem
  • Idia of the Benin Kingdom: An empowering book for girls ages 4-8 (Our Ancestories)
  • Think Outside the Box
  • Mama Loves You Always
  • What's the Worst that Could Happen?
  • Diggy the Dog Explores Friendship
  • This Book Wants to Make You Laugh (Living Book 2)
  • The Tent Mouse and the RV Mouse
  • HOW TO FOLD A TACO: Como Doblar un Taco
  • The Night the Monsters Came
Bethany Stahl is an award-winning, bestselling author of children’s fiction. Bethany’s books are known for their positive environmental messages and relatable characters.

If you want to know when Bethany’s next book will come out, please visit her website at
http://www.bethanystahl.com, where you can sign up to receive an email when she has her
next release.

Save the Earth (5 books)
  • Save the Arctic (Save the Earth, #2)
  • Save the Bees (Save the Earth, #3)
  • Save the Land (Save the Earth, #4)
  • Save the Scraps (Save the Earth Book 5)

News & Interviews

Ciannon Smart has been holed up in her England home since the pandemic began a year ago, but by no means has she been idle. She’s been on...