Start by marking “You Say It First” as Want to Read:
You Say It First

You Say It First

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  23 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Meg has her entire life set up perfectly: her boyfriend Mason is sweet and supportive, she and her best friend Emily plan to head to Cornell together in the fall, and she even finds time to clock shifts phonebanking at a voter registration call center in her Philadelphia suburb. But everything changes when one of those calls connects her to a stranger from small-town Ohio, ...more
Expected publication: June 16th 2020 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about You Say It First, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Say It First

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of You Say It First
Romie
Oct 03, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-releases
the aesthetic of this cover said romie rights and i'm so here for this
Cassie
Jan 04, 2020 marked it as to-read
I didn't even know this was a thing until I started browsing through Edelweiss looking for e-ARCS and stumbled upon this. I've never read a Katie Cotugno book before, but this sounded so up my alley and I couldn't pass on it.

Oh, and EDELWEISS CAME THROUGH FOR ME AND APPROVED ME FOR A COPY OF THIS YEE-HAW!!!
Sanna
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as unreleased  ·  review of another edition
7 October 2019
Nooo... I have to wait until June 2020. It’s only October. This sounds soo interesting and I want to hold this book in my hands. You can never get to much of romance-contemporary. Well, that’s at least my thought. The cover is soo cute as well.
Mary
Oct 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-releases
I’m in love with this cover! And the synopsis sounds so fun!!!
mika
Nov 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
loo-look at the cover of this book. it said mika rights
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
This book does give me some Morgan Matson ThUnexpected Everything Vibes. I am curious to find out how the long distance relationship works out. Also, that cover is super cute.
Kimberly Kowalski
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This book does a wonderful job of showing how easy it is to ignore your own personal bias and unconscious prejudices. It shows how putting yourself out there and engaging with people you don't always agree with can help you grow as a person and learn from your past mistakes.

You Say It First delves into two teens' lives with less than happily ever after backstories. A boy from an 'average' American household with a touch of apathy and cynicism (not entirely unfounded) and a girl from an
|| Soph ||
Oct 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
this cover is so aesthetic i am livid
Allison
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen
I had so much fun reading this! I really got sucked in and couldn't put it down-- I wanted everything to work out for these two crazy kids, and I loved the theme of venturing outside your bubble and connecting with someone who's had a totally different life.

Too, the depiction of the fragile early stages of a relationship between two 18-year-olds was so spot-on for me... every time things got a little rough, one or the other of them was ready to bail-- and that's SO exactly how it is when you're
Marine Jardonnet
Katie Cotugno is the master of fierce, feminist YA contemporaries with complicated love stories. Meg is a senior in high school phonebanking at a voter registration call center when she calls Colby, a boy living in a small Midwestern town and reeling from a family tragedy. They forge an unexpected connection despite their differing passions and lifestyles, growing closer over long-distance phone calls.

I loved Meg and Colby, who were candid, passionate, and earnest. Katie never fails to write
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
Dec 04, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased
Thank you HarperCollins and Balzer+Bray for the ARC.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
Alyssa Thomas
I NEED THIS BOOK ASAP
Fanna
Dec 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
- "a voter registration call turns into a long-distance romance" WHAT OMG
- summer romance during election season
- slut-shaming & bullying issues are raised
Lisa of Hopewell
Oct 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
I learned of this book via this post: https://www.kaitgoodwin.com/books/top...
Rachel Rothe
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So cute and well written. Believable and relatable characters and a unique plot with equal parts romance, politics, friendship, and family. Highly recommend!
Kate

• Tweet Cute
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • Girl at Heart
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • Keep My Heart in San Francisco
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • The Starless Sea
  • Dein perfektes Jahr
  • I'm Not Dying with You Tonight
Katie Cotugno is the New York Times bestselling author of messy, complicated, feminist love stories. She studied Writing, Literature and Publishing at Emerson College and received her MFA in Fiction at Lesley University.

Katie is a Pushcart Prize nominee whose work has appeared in The Iowa Review, The Mississippi Review, and Argestes, among others.

The great loves of her life include child's pose,