Start by marking “Piers Anthony's Visual Guide to Xanth (Xanth)” as Want to Read:
Piers Anthony's Visual Guide to Xanth (Xanth)

Piers Anthony's Visual Guide to Xanth

(Xanth guide)

Readers take a guided tour to the strange geography, magical locations, and the fantastical creatures that make the Land of Xanth unique. A visual treat expecially for fans of the newest Xanth novel, Man from Mundania.
Published November 1st 1989 by Harper Perennial (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Piers Anthony's Visual Guide to Xanth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Piers Anthony's Visual Guide to Xanth

Start your review of Piers Anthony's Visual Guide to Xanth (Xanth)
Andrew
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it
This books is a tricky one - its a large format black and white guide to the series - it is dated for many reasons no least of which is that it is over 20 years old and more books have been added to the series and the world of Xanth has grown and developed.
So the book - at first glance its really nothing new- it could even be seen as a bit of an ego boost to the authors as there is quite an in-depth introduction that really goes on about where inspirations came from who looks like what and why
Lance Sherrill
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book answered questions I didn't know I had and ignored those I did. I'm not sure I should blame the authors oversight or my own over active imagination :D
Patrick Lousuebsakul
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautiful art work that brought the world of Xanth to life.
Kirsti
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love the cover of this book, and it looks awesome with my collection of Piers' books. I've flicked through this countless times, but never sat and read it through. I felt like that was enough to mark it as read, since I went through most of what interested me. A must for any Xanth fan, I hope you are lucky enough to find a copy!
Robert
Feb 11, 2012 rated it did not like it
This book is a waste of time, even more so than the last few books of the Xanth series. I'm only reading it because I've read the other Xanth books and decided this would finish it all off, if it doesn't finish me off first. I see no purpose for this book at all, other than, perhaps, to squeeze a few extra bucks out of the Xanth craze that existed at the time.
Debi Sullivan
Apr 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-and-kept
Helped fill in the collection
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: review
Visual Guide to Xanth
Anthony, Piers
great pictures showing the people and land of Xanth
Ken McWilliams
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The art between the covers of this book is beautiful. This is a great companion to the Xanth novels for young and old fans alike.
Timothy Boyd
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is a great companion to the Xanth books by Anthony to let you see some of the places and things in the book. Very recommended
Chan
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to help visualize and keep track of various aspects of Xanth. It's a must have for those who love this punny world!
Sienna Sway
Dec 21, 2014
Joseph
May 12, 2012
Mark
rated it did not like it
Feb 16, 2009
Greta
May 06, 2012
May 03, 2012

• Science Fiction: The Illustrated Encyclopedia
  • Barlowe's Guide to Fantasy: Great Heroes and Bizarre Beings from Imaginative Literature
  • Doc Savage: His Apocalyptic Life
  • Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials: Great Aliens from Science Fiction Literature

Piers is a self-proclai

Xanth (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • A Spell for Chameleon (Xanth #1)
  • The Source of Magic (Xanth, #2)
  • Castle Roogna (Xanth, #3)
  • Centaur Aisle (Xanth, #4)
  • Ogre, Ogre (Xanth #5)
  • Night Mare (Xanth, #6)
  • Dragon on a Pedestal (Xanth, #7)
  • Crewel Lye: A Caustic Yarn (Xanth #8)
  • Golem in the Gears (Xanth, #9)
  • Vale of the Vole (Xanth #10)