Start by marking “The Wize Wize Beasts of the Wizarding Wizdoms” as Want to Read:
The Wize Wize Beasts of the Wizarding Wizdoms

The Wize Wize Beasts of the Wizarding Wizdoms

Whimsical tales of anthropomorphic beasts in love from Nagabe, the bestselling creator of The Girl from the Other Side!

Hidden away deep within the woods, far from the prying eyes of the world, lies the Wizdom’s School of Wizarding. There beasts of all kinds gather to live, to learn, and to love. From everyday animals to fantastical creatures, these BL stories are told with
Published October 1st 2019 by Seven Seas (first published October 16th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Wize Wize Beasts of the Wizarding Wizdoms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wize Wize Beasts of the Wizarding Wizdoms

Start your review of The Wize Wize Beasts of the Wizarding Wizdoms
Mir
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic
It was kind of funny reading this between volumes 1 and 2 of Beastars; it made me feel like Wizdoms was the gay Hogwarts of this anthropomorphic world. The students at Cherryton are living the normal Muggle teen life (you know: sex, jealousy, drama, self-loathing...).

This is a series of short vignettes or character sketches, set in the same school but with very little overlap. It is excellently executed, but I hope if it becomes a series there will be a bit more story.
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
This is composed of eight short stories that take place in the same fantasy world. Main characters from some stories occasionally have cameo appearances in other stories. If I had to briefly describe this volume, I'd say it's slice-of-life m/m Hogwarts by way of Zootopia.

I really wanted to love this. Honestly, I expected to love this. It's by the creator of The Girl From the Other Side, a series I've enjoyed so far (I've read the first four volumes), the furries on the cover looked appealing,
Julie
Lmao the author's note at the end said "For the Furries and Non-Furries".

I totally didn't know this was written by the author of The Girl From the Other Side. So that's cool. I like their art style a lot. This book was a little strange. Each story was a romance between the different Demi-humans. It was cute for the most part. Not much magic, which I thought it was going to have because it started by talking about them going to a Wizard school. Most of the relationships, if not all, were gay. It
Alison
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Full review here:https://youtu.be/P9JfEgceMSc

This had some highly uncomfortable topics that were shown romantically: sexual assault, grooming, hinted incest, stalking
Jack Stark
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, manga
Nagabe created one of the sweetest, heart-wrenching, mysterious, and wonderful stories ever. He also created this.
Stacie
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved the artwork in this one. Even though this didn't really have a main story line, it was still a fun read. It was more of a collection of romantic vignettes than anything else, and I found that the format worked well for what it was. Most of the stories were very cute and sweet. Overall, this was a good find and I'm happy to have read it. ...more
Raquel
Jul 21, 2020 rated it liked it
I’ve never been one to like anthropomorphic stories too much, but I thought I’d give this one a try because the cover looked cute and I love the mangaka’s The Girl from the Other Side series. Despite this, I ended up not enjoying it as much as I thought I would.

The Wize Wize Beasts of the Wizarding Wizdoms is a BL short story collection mostly about Demi-Human creatures who go to a magic school. I should expect this from manga anthologies by now, but most of the stories don’t have much of a res
Nad
Jul 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
i liked the art but hated almost every stories. it was so disgusting to read especially the teacher/student one and the one with the love potion. you promised me a magical school and we saw nearly none of it.
Lore Briceño
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kinky, cute and very original

I don't usually read BL but I love the art Nagabe does, so I grab this volume and I was surprised at the audacity of the storys, don't get me wrong I did enjoyed it, there was a few storys that weren't my cup of tea, but overall it's really good, we got some cute storys plus some kinky ones there's no denying it, there was one a bit darker ( peacock), my absolute favorite is Marley's an Collette story they're too cute and wholesome.

Nagabe is a great artist and I lov
Aleksandra
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Nagabe said gay rights, Nagabe said furries rights

I forgot how to write "serious" reviews and I am not sorry.
This manga is a collection of eight short stories featuring various couples and their loves, some bittersweet, some unrequited, some messy and all of them cute!
The art is previous!
I can't even tell you which story/couple is my favorite, they are so good!

If you like gay-centered stories, fantasy setting in a magic school, fun and shenanigans and pranks and non-human characters (furries) a
Bopeep Hallyn
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
The worldbuilding here is so nice. It's a magic school with their uniforms and so, but all the students are humanoid animals. I loved that it wasn't just because, but they have animal characteristics.

After a while without reading yaoi, it was weird to come back and remember all the toxic topics they use, but fortunately it was just in two stories. Most of them are open ended and that just makes me want to be in a RP similar to this.
I found all the stories more or less cute, even if there wasn't
Fny
Its exactly one year since I put this on my “want-to-read”- list! And is I’ve read it. It’s was weirdly engaging and cute. Some of the eight stories were less cute and more creepy. But overall I’m glad that I read it.

I really like Nagabe’s art. I just read their first volume of The Girl From the Other side. And that’s a series I’m gonna continues with.

3,5/5⭐️
Tuni
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Talk about horny on main.

Probably a 3, but I rounded up because it’s so pretty~ Cute collection of one chapter stories about gay humanoid animals attending a magic school. Some of the couples/relationships were not the healthiest, which is what took it down to a 3 for me. But like I said, great art. Love the character designs! And the characters had actual animal like quirks and personalities.
Fenriz Angelo
Oct 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mangas
The Wize Beast of the Wizarding Wizdoms is collection of short stories about the romance of different anthropomorphic creatures, mostly students of a wizard school. While they're sweet, there's a variety in the tropes of each pairing, some i liked others not so much. Overall it's a recommended read for anyone interested in cutesy stories with charming creatures. ...more
Patty
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, manga
MangaMadnessReadathon | April 2020 [Round 9]
Wesley McCraw
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Wize Wize Beasts of the Wizarding Wizdoms is the first Yaoi manga that I've actually liked. One reason why it works so well is that sometimes it's creepy on purpose. They aren't just stories of romantic wish fulfillment. (Relationships in Yaoi are often unhealthy.) The romantic vignettes here are punchy and dynamic, and the book explores its many original ideas with economy and finesse. ...more
Stefi Booktopolis
How was this shit cute, twisted, weird and kinky at the same damn time???
Rebecca
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, fantasy, lbgtq, manga
I didn't expect to like this because furries aren't really my thing, but a good author can make almost any story appealing. ...more
Caroline
May 30, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, queer, manga, 2019-sff
I was looking forward to this short story collection, as I've always loved reading about anthropomorphic animals, and add in a wizarding school + Nagabe's artwork + queer characters and I'm sold.

Out of 8 stories I only enjoyed three:

1. <3 <3 <3 Wanna read entire novels about:
- The cold-blooded and the warm-blooded
- The good talker and the good listener
- Beast & man

2. Borderline creepy:
- The teacher and the pupil
- The hunter and the hunted
- Courtship & friendship
- Food & games

3. Super creepy/in
Etienne
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting tales of a wizarding world/school. I would have like to go deeper into one big story instead of just short stories but the concept was really cool. It mostly about love and friendship. I like the art a lot, always do with this artist and I enjoy it very much, let's hope it will have some kind of continuity some day! ...more
Magdalena
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
So, tempted by the beautiful artwork of Totsukuni no shojo I read this and... I just read a furry story. The furry propaganda is here, luring you in with beautiful art and storyline about magic. Beware you lot.
Am I disgusted with myself? Mildly. Did I enjoy it? It was okay.
Why did I read it? Honestly, I have no idea. In my defence, the art-style really is sublime.
Lyka
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay, furry-literature
Welcome to the dramatic fantastic world of anthropomorphic young wizards in love. Eight different couples - eight thrilling short stories. Hogwarts meets the Furry Fandom. Unique and entertaining in its very own way. I'd love to see a sequel coming out next year! ...more
Jessica
The art in this book is beautiful, and I really like the concept of demi-humans in a fantastical wizarding school. But - a lot of the stories and relationships were kind of uncomfortable to read about, so sadly it didn’t really work for me ):
Olivia
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot. each story was unique and each character had its own quirks specific to what animal they were which was a cute idea for the author to put into this book. overall great book and would recommend.
Izzie
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it
The first oneshot I was like “uwu” ...

but the rest I was like ??? and mostly uncomfortable ??? (except for the snake and deer one)

furries are a v interesting concept that I don’t think are for me
Gabriella
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

A very mixed array of boys love stories that really show the breadth of different relationships. I wish we could see more of them as the relationships change and develop rather than snapshots. A couple of the stories are a little dark but still enjoyable with very distinct characteristics of the animals they come from.
Marius Paulsen (Antari-kun)
Cute, lgbtq stories and I loved the art. But overall I wanted more from these short stories in general.
Alyssa
Objectively, could be 3-ish something.
Subjectively, good old 2 stars.

This is actually a series of 8 short stories, but all happen in the same world (meaning you get cameos from one story to another). Also, it's all boys love, so each story depicts a male x male relationship. (Which also means, there are very few female characters existing in the whole thing, aside from minor appearances in like 2 stories. But I guess that's kinda besides the point.)

So hmm...

I really wanted to like this.
I really
Illy
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite author writing wholesome gay, magical animal people? How could I not love this? Very quick read, perfect for a bus ride to work or reading before bed.
Queen Ophilia III
Aug 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Not as good as "the girl on thr other side" but still really worth reading. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Our Dining Table
  • BL Metamorphose, Tome 3 (BL Metamorphose, #3)
  • Manly Appetites: Minegishi Loves Otsu, Vol. 1
  • Monster and the Beast, Vol. 1
  • Monster and the Beast, Vol. 2
  • Go For It, Nakamura!
  • Toritan: Birds of a Feather, Vol. 1
  • A Man and His Cat, Vol. 1
  • My Androgynous Boyfriend, Vol. 1
  • 飴色パラドックス 1 [Ameiro Paradox 1] (Candy Color Paradox #1)
  • Don't Call Me Dirty
  • Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles, Vol. 1
  • BL Metamorphose, Tome 2 (BL Metamorphose, #2)
  • That Blue Sky Feeling, Vol. 3 (That Blue Sky Feeling, #3)
  • Dekoboko Sugar Days