Start by marking “Serious Python: Black-Belt Advice on Deployment, Scalability, Testing, and More” as Want to Read:
Serious Python: Black-Belt Advice on Deployment, Scalability, Testing, and More

Serious Python: Black-Belt Advice on Deployment, Scalability, Testing, and More

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  42 ratings  ·  6 reviews
An indispensable collection of practical tips and real-world advice for tackling common Python problems and taking your code to the next level. Features interviews with high-profile Python developers who share their tips, tricks, best practices, and real-world advice gleaned from years of experience.

Sharpen your Python skills as you dive deep into the Python programming
Published December 2018 by No Starch Press

To ask other readers questions about Serious Python, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Serious Python

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Serious Python: Black-Belt Advice on Deployment, Scalability, Testing, and More
Vlad Bezden
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!!! I found something new in each chapter. Examples are up to the point. I know for sure that you will learn a lot from reading this book.
Eric Mesa
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: programming
This is an AWESOME book that has completely transformed the way I code in Python. That might sound like the opening to a parody review, but I'm being sincere. One of the best things about Python is that it has a low barrier to entry and it's easy to get started programming. One of the worst things about Python is that it has a low barrier to entry and it's easy to get started programming. I've been going through the past 15ish years with just a surface-level understanding of my favorite ...more
Kati
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I don't think I'm the intended audience for this book. I'm a hobbyist who's done some simple programming in the past and is new to Python. I've gotten through a couple of beginner books that start with 'Hello world!', and picked this up because I was excitedly running around Python tutorials and Stack Overflow like Jack Skellington, going "Ooh, what's this? What's this?" I was looking for a book that would answer what's that.

This seems more targeted towards professional, or at least experienced,
Mochammad Hadyan
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoy the content of this book. Despite not really deep, the contents show some critical concepts that you'll use often day-to-day basis. This book introduce various tools and best practices to solve specific problems (e.g: Unit testing, Profiling, Multithread vs Multiprocess, Documentation).
chsmiley
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Initially, I borrowed this book from the library, but ended up purchasing it myself for the wealth of information on a variety of topics in Python. I decided to read it cover to cover but a lot of the topics weren't immediately applicable to problems I've encountered, so it was slow-going in some spots. Overall, it was well worth the read and I've already returned to some sections for reference while coding. I can see myself using this book for a long time.
Grzegorz Szopinski
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
A lot of useful ideas, but it feels kinda rushed. Sitll worth it, though.
Andrea Julius
Brett
Nov 29, 2019

• Python Tricks
  • Python Crash Course: A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming
  • Applied Text Analysis with Python: Enabling Language-Aware Data Products with Machine Learning
  • Permanent Record
  • Quantitative Methods in the Humanities: An Introduction
  • The Routledge Handbook of Corpus Linguistics
  • Code Craft: The Practice of Writing Excellent Code
  • John Baldessari: Pure Beauty
  • Natural Language Processing with Python
  • Thinking Architecture
  • The Man Who Solved the Market: How Jim Simons Launched the Quant Revolution
  • The Little Book of Stoicism: Timeless Wisdom to Gain Resilience, Confidence, and Calmness
  • Python for Devops: Learn Ruthlessly Effective Automation
  • Practical Statistics for Data Scientists: 50 Essential Concepts
  • Carmilla
  • Beyond the Kale: Urban Agriculture and Social Justice Activism in New York City
  • Ecology and Socialism: Solutions to Capitalist Ecological Crisis

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
A Free Software hacker since 1999. He wears multiple hats in the Free and Open Source community, among them: Debian developer, Freedesktop contributor, GNU Emacs committer, the awesome window manager creator, Project Technical Leader for OpenStack Telemetry and contributor to Python.

For the last few years, he has been hacking using Python a lot, especially when working on OpenStack, a

News & Interviews

Mary Pauline Lowry knows a thing or two about being stuck at home when you don't want to be. After all, the premise of her newest novel, The Rox...