Start by marking “Hell: The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens” as Want to Read:
Hell:  The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens

Hell: The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens

Something Evil is Inside Cassie Stevens.

For fans of The Exorcist and Stephen King comes a terrifying new tale of supernatural horror.

Cassie Stevens was 16 years old the night she died. When she’s revived 20 minutes later, unsettling changes begin to occur. They’re in the shadow she sees from the corner of her eye, and the face in reflections, and the whispers in her mind…
Published October 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell

Start your review of Hell: The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens
Miranda Reads
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Psssst! I just did a video about this book! Check it out!

description
*Ahem* Onwards to the review!
description

"How well do you know Cassie Stevens?"

"...Pretty well, I guess." He shrugged. "Why?"

"Just be careful. There's something really wrong with her."
Cassie, aged 16, has not had an easy time since her father died.

She's almost inexplicably drawn to darkness and the macabre. And what began as gentle curiosity has evolved into something much, much sinister.
He also knew the rites - the dark ones the
Matthew
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Horror fans looking for a good scare
Recommended to Matthew by: Tom Lewis
5 Terrified Stars!

You want great possessed-by-demons fiction?

You want to be scared out of your wits?

You want a book you have to read either during the day or with extra lights on?

I give you HELL!

This book has fantastic writing, storytelling, characters, and scares. I saw someone once say that they love books in the horror category, but that it had been a long time since they were truly scared by a book. I cannot remember who said that, but if you are reading this review – here it is! Read th
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

I'm loving these Halloween reads! I have scary movies on in the background too! 😁🎃👻

I enjoyed this book and it was pretty damn creepy! Good Lord! Demons and possession, nope. Just nope!

There was an animal sacrifice I didn't like so I just skim over that and there are a few sex scenes and gross stuff you can skim over if you don't want to read that either. I'm a master at skimming that stuff, unless it's on Audible!

Anyway, if you enjoy books about possession and just creepiness in general then t
megs_bookrack
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
**3.5-stars rounded up**

High schooler, Cassie Stevens, is a bit of a loner. Especially after the death of her father. She struggles to connect with people, even her Mom.

She seems to find comfort with a trio of friends, widely known as the goth kids, and they start doing goth-type activities together.

You know, like attending Satan worshipping ceremonies.

The main event Cassie attends, Black Mass, is a drug and alcohol fueled orgy to Satan. Unfortunately, Cassie goes home from the Mass with a lot
Tom Lewis
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote it =)
Jeffrey Keeten
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
”Something was in the car with them.

From the corner of her eye, she had glimpsed a dark shape that appeared like a shadow. It had vanished as she turned in its direction, but it wasn’t gone. She felt its presence remain--something unseen, and unheard, yet unmistakably felt. Like a whisper from the darkness of an empty room, or the putrid wretchedness of a bloated corpse, its presence filled the cramped space with a sickening aura. And that aura was unmitigated hatred and horror.

It was watching
Jillian
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me by the author for a fair review. It was a great book , I honestly could see this as a movie. It would be a movie I would go see. It made me cry and scared the panties off me at night. I really loved this book . I saw at the end that he’s writing a prequel so I’ll be looking for that .I’m thankful for this opportunity it was really a great story .
Marie
My second time around with this book was just as downright spooky as the first time I read it!

A little backstory for you readers:

Cassie Stevens just wants to be a normal teenager, but when she hooks up with the Goth crowd (Seth, Sylvia, and Trish) her life takes a dramatic turn and she goes down a dangerous path of destruction.

When Cassie along with her new friends end up in a car crash, things become bad for Cassie as she doesn't realize it, but she had died for a few minutes and when she came
Beverly
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it
The premise of this horror novel is that possession of a person by a demon is real and "so called" rational and scientific people need to expand their minds to accept this fact. If you are a "true" religious person this goes without saying, so the author wants you to believe. The right thinking bishop in the book spends a lot of time trying to convince a modern priest and a psychiatrist that Cassie's possession is real, meanwhile all kinds of supernatural things are going on around them. The sus ...more
Andy Marr
Sep 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A Hell of a book!

I don't read a great deal of horror, but occasionally a story like this comes along and makes me realise I should probably do it a lot more often. Then again, I do like my sleep, which will surely suffer as a result of this terrifying tale 👻😬

This is a book that certainly deserves all the attention it receives. It's well written with a brilliant cast of characters, and the present-day setting makes it feel somehow more relevant than many similar novels. I picked it up for a coupl
Shaina
4⭐️🔥⭐️🔥⭐️🔥⭐️🔥
Four flaming hot stars.
I was immediately engaged in this story and had no trouble getting back to it after a break. Of course it was very creepy, spine-tingling, and filled with building tension. Yeah. It got me. I loved it. I got attached to the characters. Wonder what happened to Molly? Haha.
I loved the end and whew, was I tense by then.

The cover scared the herm out of me so I was thinking, oh great.. will this be a Depends moment ? It was beyond your normal creepy demon posses
Luvtoread
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book needs to be added to all horror tbr lists. This book was very tense and creepy. Cassie Stevens was a sweet, naive type of little girl. Cassie is an only child of her hard working widowed mother. When Cassie became a young teenager her father passed away and she fell into a deep depression and started hanging out with a bad group of goth teens who were into drugs and drinking and breaking rules. Sadly for Cassie they also were also very curious about satanic rituals and practices. Cassi ...more
Janie C.
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
While this novel was suspenseful and the characters were engaging, I could not ignore my reluctance to suspend disbelief.  However, the story was compelling enough to carry me through to the end, and I would be interested in reading the author's upcoming prequel.

3.5 pentagrams stars
Kimberly
HELL: The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens, by Tom Lewis, is a story that really stood out to me in this particular sub-genre. I've read a fair amount of stories involving demonic possession and exorcisms, and this one had some great sections, with characters that were memorable not only for their current situations, but also their pasts.

"October 31st. That was the night Cassie Stevens died . . . that was also the night something followed her back from the other side of death . . . "
Ginger
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, buddy-read
3.5 stars round up!

I thought this was an interesting take on a possession!
I enjoyed how most of the book is in first person, the main character of Cassie Stevens who’s fighting a demon possession.

It all starts with Cassie’s Dad dying and she goes down a dark path. Cassie ends up meeting new friends that start influencing her in negative ways.
I thought the creepiest and scariest part of of this book was the Black Mass ceremony. Yikes!

There was some good stuff in this take of a possession. I enjoy
✨Bean's Books✨
Mar 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked certain aspects of this book but I didn't like others. The story was 100% predictable but there were some good fresh ideas in there as well. I liked the characters but following so many in one book is difficult for me to do. The horror scenes were well described but were not scary. I guess I'm just kind of torn with this one.
At the end of it all I'd say this book was good but not great.
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
I’ve been in the mood for creepy possession books lately, so when the author reached out asking if I’d like to read his book, I jumped at the chance! I’m glad I did - HELL was exactly what I wanted to read.

After briefly dying I’m a car accident Cassie is brought back to life by doctors, but it seems something came back with her from the other side. She begins to experience events that can’t be explained, and when she begins to do research on it, she realizes she’s not alone. Can she be saved be
Angel Gelique
This book took off like like a rocket but didn't quite hold the same momentum once the true horror element was diminished with religion/faith.* Still, I enjoyed the story. Full review to come.

* - Not that I'm implying anything negative about religion/faith--just that it drastically changed the dynamics of this story.

————————————-

”Fear the night, for I walk while you sleep.”

Cassie Stevens is an ordinary, average, well-adjusted teen-aged girl. Or, at least she was during the “before” period of
Melly
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The highest praise I can ever give a book is this: when I read the book I don't feel like I am reading a book.

That was this one. It felt so real it made me want to go to church.

I first read this book as a beta read, and normally take notes while I am reading.

I got so sucked into the story I forgot to take notes.

I loved the book so much I bought it after I read it. No free copy here - though in the author's defense it was offered.

No, this is a well-written book, an absolutely thrilling, bone-dee
Terry
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve always had a fascination with angels and demons, and the idea of possession, so I felt confident that I would enjoy this book (well, that and how much my goodreads friends all liked it was a pretty good indicator also!) I was not disappointed! I thought this was a well written book, with lots of action, great characters and a good storyline. There were lots of creepy and dark settings that were believable - so much so that I found myself looking at the dark shadows of the room I was reading ...more
Cheryl
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a 4.5 star "change of underwear needed" read.

This book SO reminded me of my early teen years spent immersing myself in the new technology of VCR's and all things horrific and demonic. This novel is right up there with The Exorcist, The Omen, The Amityville Horror et al. in creating an atmospheric, heart thumping scare-fest! One of the few horror tales I've had to put down for a bit because it's impossible to hide behind your hands and "flip" the Kindle page at the same time.

One of the m
Mark Porton
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
I love the idea of being scared out of my wits, so following some excellent reviews, I thought I'd give this a try as it's been a while since I've played around with this genre.

Cassie Stevens was a troubled teenager with a loving Mum, some goth mates and a high school crush. Soon enough it became clear she was sharing her body and mind with a demonic presence. I find the whole idea of possession frightening.

For me, this story followed the same path as many horror movies I've seen. It started o
Ian
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
"Demons Are Most Definitely Not a Girl's Best Friend!'

Cassie is a bright, happy, refreshing and normal young girl. Then, two tragic and traumatic events come together which threaten to darken and destroy the rest of her future life forever, both in this world...and the next!
Enter her three goth friends. Surely they can offer her some respite, meaning and closure to the sinister and disturbing events that are beginning to ruin and blight Cassie's life with alarming regularity? Then again, maybe
Greg Woods
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Superb book, with great story telling
You will really feel for the main character, Cassie, and will love the story

I was hoping this was going to be as good as "The Exerocist" was and i was not disappointed, although it was different in its style it was just as well developed.

A throughly enjoyable novel

Barbara Rickman
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story .

What a story very enjoyable, red all day till finished . Give it a try you will love it too.
Diana  St
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's seldom that I come across a book that cause me to have disturbing dreams. This is one of them. Lewis spins his story and envelopes your imagination in such a way that makes you want to stop reading out of fear yet compels you to continue. Read this book, if you are brave enough. ...more
Julie
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
God I loved this book!
It had such a unique take on the classic exorcism, which I have been longing for, for years!
I was very impressed with how well it was written, and that I actually felt scared at times - which I usually don't while reading Horror books. I would love for this book to be adapted to a movie, and I can not wait for the prequel!

Read my full review on my blog =)
Fatimah Gunn
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Amazing Read

This book was filled was so much emotion. From faith to love to grief to loss. Cassie was so tormented. The faith that you would have to have to overcome such evil. One of the best books I've read in a long time!!!!
Karen McKenty
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Love the book. Gave me some nightmares and the characters were great. Would recommend to anyone that likes a good horror book.
Irene
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, young-adult
This was a chilling supernatural tale, although it did follow the predictable formula of the non believing doctor wanting to prescribe medications, and the priest who is losing his faith before turning into a hero. I still enjoyed it. Cassie was an average girl, up until she lost her dad. Before that, as the coach's daughter she liked to watch the games, and was friendly with the players. Things changed for Cassie after his death, and she took up with a different crowd. Dying her hair black and ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Mark
  • Dark Halls
  • Our Haunted Home in the Country: A True Story
  • The Sleep Experiment (World's Scariest Legends, #2)
  • True Ghost Stories: Real Demonic Possessions and Exorcisms
  • Father of Lies (Father of Lies #1)
  • The Room Upstairs
  • Purgatory (Haunted #3)
  • Demons Among Us: Shocking Real-Life Stories from the Paranormal
  • The Netherwell Horror
  • The Demonic
  • Perron Manor (Haunted #1)
  • Malefic (House of Souls #2)
See top shelves…
Hey All. I’m revising my bio so it doesn’t sound like I’m describing myself in third person. I’m an entertainment attorney (I draft contracts for movies), writer, filmmaker, and former Marine. I live near the beach in Santa Monica, and have a family of squirrels that live in a tree outside my balcony who mooch off me for food every day.