Start by marking “Hell: The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens” as Want to Read:
Hell:  The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens

Hell: The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens

Something Evil is Inside Cassie Stevens.

For fans of The Exorcist and Stephen King comes a terrifying new tale of supernatural horror.

Cassie Stevens was 16 years old the night she died. When she’s revived 20 minutes later, unsettling changes begin to occur. They’re in the shadow she sees from the corner of her eye, and the face in reflections, and the whispers in her mind…
Published October 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell

Miranda Reads
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description

"How well do you know Cassie Stevens?"

"...Pretty well, I guess." He shrugged. "Why?"

"Just be careful. There's something really wrong with her."
Cassie, aged 16, has not had an easy time since her father died.

She's almost inexplicably drawn to darkness and the macabre. And what began as gentle curiosity has evolved into something much, much sinister.
He also knew the rites - the dark ones they practiced on those moonless nights amongst the graves.
She met new friends - Seth, Silvia and Tris
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

I'm loving these Halloween reads! I have scary movies on in the background too! 😁🎃👻

I enjoyed this book and it was pretty damn creepy! Good Lord! Demons and possession, nope. Just nope!

There was an animal sacrifice I didn't like so I just skim over that and there are a few sex scenes and gross stuff you can skim over if you don't want to read that either. I'm a master at skimming that stuff, unless it's on Audible!

Anyway, if you enjoy books about possession and just creepiness in general then t
Jeffrey Keeten
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
”Something was in the car with them.

From the corner of her eye, she had glimpsed a dark shape that appeared like a shadow. It had vanished as she turned in its direction, but it wasn’t gone. She felt its presence remain--something unseen, and unheard, yet unmistakably felt. Like a whisper from the darkness of an empty room, or the putrid wretchedness of a bloated corpse, its presence filled the cramped space with a sickening aura. And that aura was unmitigated hatred and horror.

It was watching
Tom Lewis
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote it =)
Rebecca McNutt
"Sometimes, dead is better." ~ Stephen King, Pet Sematary
description
Hell has been the main book I've been reading for the past week, just in time for Halloween and a story which takes the tried and true theme of possession to a whole new level. While usually evil possesses those who have always been alive in horror novels and films, teenager Cassie Stevens is an anomaly in that she's had a close brush with death and luckily was able to be revived so she can live her life normally again. Of course, in this
megs_bookrack
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
**3.5-stars rounded up**

High schooler, Cassie Stevens, is a bit of a loner. Especially after the death of her father, she struggles to connect with people, even her Mom. She begins to hang out with a trio of friends, 'goth kids', and they start doing goth-type things together.

You know, like attending ceremonies worshipping Satan.

The main event Cassie attends, Black Mass, is a drug and alcohol fueled orgy to Satan. Unfortunately, Cassie goes home from the Mass with a lot more than a hangover.

Thin
Jillian
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me by the author for a fair review. It was a great book , I honestly could see this as a movie. It would be a movie I would go see. It made me cry and scared the panties off me at night. I really loved this book . I saw at the end that he’s writing a prequel so I’ll be looking for that .I’m thankful for this opportunity it was really a great story .
Beverly
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it
The premise of this horror novel is that possession of a person by a demon is real and "so called" rational and scientific people need to expand their minds to accept this fact. If you are a "true" religious person this goes without saying, so the author wants you to believe. The right thinking bishop in the book spends a lot of time trying to convince a modern priest and a psychiatrist that Cassie's possession is real, meanwhile all kinds of supernatural things are going on around them. The sus ...more
Luvtoread
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book needs to be added to all horror tbr lists. This book was very tense and creepy. Cassie Stevens was a sweet, naive type of little girl. Cassie is an only child of her hard working widowed mother. When Cassie became a young teenager her father passed away and she fell into a deep depression and started hanging out with a bad group of goth teens who were into drugs and drinking and breaking rules. Sadly for Cassie they also were also very curious about satanic rituals and practices. Cassi ...more
Janie C.
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
While this novel was suspenseful and the characters were engaging, I could not ignore my reluctance to suspend disbelief.  However, the story was compelling enough to carry me through to the end, and I would be interested in reading the author's upcoming prequel.

3.5 pentagrams stars
Shaina
4⭐🔥⭐🔥⭐🔥⭐🔥
Four flaming hot stars.
I was immediately engaged in this story and had no trouble getting back to it after a break. Of course it was very creepy, spine-tingling, and filled with building tension. Yeah. It got me. I loved it. I got attached to the characters. Wonder what happened to Molly? Haha.
I loved the end and whew, was I tense by then.

The cover scared the herm out of me so I was thinking, oh great.. will this be a Depends moment ? It was beyond your normal creepy demon possession
Marie
I love authors that can grab you and pull you straight into their world as that is what Tom Lewis did to me when I started reading this book!

Cassie Stevens just wants to be a normal teenager, but when she hooks up with the Goth crowd (Seth, Sylvia, and Trish) her life takes a dramatic turn and she goes down a dangerous path of destruction. Her new friends lead her so far astray that she wonders if she can ever go back to what she was before.

Cassie along with her new friends end up in a car cra
Kimberly
HELL: The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens, by Tom Lewis, is a story that really stood out to me in this particular sub-genre. I've read a fair amount of stories involving demonic possession and exorcisms, and this one had some great sections, with characters that were memorable not only for their current situations, but also their pasts.

"October 31st. That was the night Cassie Stevens died . . . that was also the night something followed her back from the other side of death . . . "

W
Melly
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The highest praise I can ever give a book is this: when I read the book I don't feel like I am reading a book.

That was this one. It felt so real it made me want to go to church.

I first read this book as a beta read, and normally take notes while I am reading.

I got so sucked into the story I forgot to take notes.

I loved the book so much I bought it after I read it. No free copy here - though in the author's defense it was offered.

No, this is a well-written book, an absolutely thrilling, bone-dee
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
I’ve been in the mood for creepy possession books lately, so when the author reached out asking if I’d like to read his book, I jumped at the chance! I’m glad I did - HELL was exactly what I wanted to read.

After briefly dying I’m a car accident Cassie is brought back to life by doctors, but it seems something came back with her from the other side. She begins to experience events that can’t be explained, and when she begins to do research on it, she realizes she’s not alone. Can she be saved be
Angel Gelique
This book took off like like a rocket but didn't quite hold the same momentum once the true horror element was diminished with religion/faith.* Still, I enjoyed the story. Full review to come.

* - Not that I'm implying anything negative about religion/faith--just that it drastically changed the dynamics of this story.

————————————-

”Fear the night, for I walk while you sleep.”

Cassie Stevens is an ordinary, average, well-adjusted teen-aged girl. Or, at least she was during the “before” period of h
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
Jan 19, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
I ended up DNFing this pretty soon after starting it. It became quickly obvious that it was going to be one of 'those' books. You know, the ones where the authors write to a particular stereotype and it grates on your nerves a ridiculous amount?

For example: Goths must be into Bad Things, because they are Goths. Or being interested in Bad Things (aka: learning more about the occult) means that you will soon become a Goth. And did I mention that Goths are obviously Bad? Yes, bad with a capital B.

T
Greg Woods
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Superb book, with great story telling
You will really feel for the main character, Cassie, and will love the story

I was hoping this was going to be as good as "The Exerocist" was and i was not disappointed, although it was different in its style it was just as well developed.

A throughly enjoyable novel

Barbara Rickman
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story .

What a story very enjoyable, red all day till finished . Give it a try you will love it too.
Diana Stampas
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's seldom that I come across a book that cause me to have disturbing dreams. This is one of them. Lewis spins his story and envelopes your imagination in such a way that makes you want to stop reading out of fear yet compels you to continue. Read this book, if you are brave enough.
Julie
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
God I loved this book!
It had such a unique take on the classic exorcism, which I have been longing for, for years!
I was very impressed with how well it was written, and that I actually felt scared at times - which I usually don't while reading Horror books. I would love for this book to be adapted to a movie, and I can not wait for the prequel!

Read my full review on my blog =)
Fatimah Gunn
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Amazing Read

This book was filled was so much emotion. From faith to love to grief to loss. Cassie was so tormented. The faith that you would have to have to overcome such evil. One of the best books I've read in a long time!!!!
Karen McKenty
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Love the book. Gave me some nightmares and the characters were great. Would recommend to anyone that likes a good horror book.
connie green
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

I really enjoyed this book. A real edge of your seat book fast paced and spooky as all get out. Read it and leave your light's on you'll be checking all the shadows for days.
Lynn Keith
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nicely Done

I really liked the way the author focused this story on all the factors that led up to the 'possession.' Most horror fiction just jumps on the gore and that's that. This had a more intelligent approach. The characters of Cassie and Father Sean travel similar arcs over the length of the story, and that mirroring adds a nice reinforcement to several of the author's themes. You could teach a nice college level course on how to evaluate and understand this novel given all the text and sub
Davidrm4yahoo.Com
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Truly supurb

I can't remember the last time I read a book this good. Thank you. Thank you for such an emotional and inspiring read. Thank you for reminding me good can and always should win out over evil.

This book sincerely needs to be made into a movie. My only concern is if Hollywood can do it justice. I'm glad to hear there will be a prequel and hope that Father Sean will have more tales worth telling very soon.
Connie J Wilson
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Reagan Puking on the Priest

I remember my friend and I watching The Exorcist in self terror and fear! We left the theater and purchased big ornate necklaces with a cross!
I wore that cross for two solid years.
Tom Lewis, you owe me a new cross necklace!
OMG... Well written. Excellent characters.
Watch it Kids, this book will become a movie!!
Thanks Tom for the horror!
Kimberly Komst
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Needs to be a movie!!!

Please someone buy the rights for this!! I could see it play out as I read the book. I stayed up until 3 am just so I could finish it. It's been quite a while since I have left a review of any book but this one deserves it. Hopefully this won't be the last we hear from this author.
Chrissy
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

I have been looking for a good scary possession/supernatural book for quite a bit of time now. This is the first one, I feel, was exactly the type of book I was looking for. I thought the ending was great. I am always ask why I like this type of book and I think if they read this book, they may understand, or maybe not.
Sheri Belanger
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely gripping!

The only issue I have with this story is that it seemed like a rather rushed end for so much tension filled build up. That aside, I thoroughly enjoyed the story ..I thought at first it was true or based on a true story. Thank goodness it's not!Good Book!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Haunting of Emily Stone
  • Blackwater Val
  • The Moor
  • Nine Candles of Deepest Black
  • I Have the Sight (Edward King, #1)
  • Bless the Child
  • The Haunting of Cabin Green
  • A Haunting
  • The Haunting of Towneley Manor: 'The Haunting of' Series - Book 1
  • Tales from Valleyview Cemetery
  • The Ghost Club: Newly Found Tales of Victorian Terror
Hey All. I’m revising my bio so it doesn’t sound like I’m describing myself in third person. I’m an entertainment attorney (I draft contracts for movies), writer, filmmaker, and former Marine. I live near the beach in Santa Monica, and have a family of squirrels that live in a tree outside my balcony who mooch off me for food every day.