Shaina's Reviews > Hell: The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens

Hell by Tom    Lewis

4⭐️🔥⭐️🔥⭐️🔥⭐️🔥
Four flaming hot stars.
I was immediately engaged in this story and had no trouble getting back to it after a break. Of course it was very creepy, spine-tingling, and filled with building tension. Yeah. It got me. I loved it. I got attached to the characters. Wonder what happened to Molly? Haha.
I loved the end and whew, was I tense by then.

The cover scared the herm out of me so I was thinking, oh great.. will this be a Depends moment ? It was beyond your normal creepy demon possession but I am happy to report no incidents. 😇

The plot went along smoothly and I felt like Tom definitely put work into this. This was easy to read even with its scary subject matter! He has an easy way with his words. Also, I write this review of my own volition as I only want to support the author. He did not ask me; nor did he give me the book.

On to what I felt :

There was, of course, bad language, because you are dealing with a demon. They aren’t going to say nice things to folks. So I tried to dismiss that. But, the Priest Sean and well everyone kept going “Oh G::!” And everyone in the book used it in a way in which religious and devote Catholics wouldn’t. I found that a bit inconsistent.

The satanic stuff bothered me but as a Christian it’s supposed to. I mean, and a few encounters such as a Black Mass, I was definitely not fond of; however certain aspects of it were needed to explain how Cassie became possessed.

On the whole the story was very like-able. I felt sorry for Cassie and her crew that came to stand beside her. I was emotionally involved. I could feel her pain. Justin, Sean, Jeremiah, Katie, and even her mom got to me.
A great book written by a great GR friend.
I could see this on the screen. Loved the end. But I was wary. Lol.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hell.

October 15, 2018 – Shelved
November 10, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle
November 10, 2018 –
page 88
page 114
30.48% "I hate bullying."
page 145
38.77% "Really creepy. Nice writing. Relatable character. I want to smack ppl picking on her. I also identify w Sean."
page 145
38.77% "Why is no one mentioning what happened to the other goths?"
page 219
58.56% "Girl .... get your butt to church !!"
page 234
page 335
89.57% "I might finish this soon ! This is keeping me glued!"
November 14, 2018 – Shelved as: borrowed
November 14, 2018 – Shelved as: eerie-spooky-gothic-weird-creepy
November 14, 2018 – Shelved as: series
November 14, 2018 – Shelved as: my-own-1001-book-list
November 14, 2018 – Shelved as: thriller-suspense
November 14, 2018 – Finished Reading
December 19, 2018 – Shelved as: review-of-the-year

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

JV (semi-hiatus) What a fantastic review, Shaina! Moving this up to my TBR! I'm so excited to read this 😃

Shaina Oh it’s worth it. Pretty goosebumpy!

message 3: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Awesome review Shaina!

Shaina Thank you, Susanne. Very good read.

message 5: by Dita (new)

Dita Haha, awesome review. The Depends thing cracked me up.

Shaina Hehe. Thank you Dita. It’s a pretty unnerving one. He did the spooky stuff well. Lol.

message 7: by Karina (new)

Karina Great review Shaina! I'm a wimp for this genre. I won't be able to sleep at night and hopefully I won't have to pee in the middle of the night... Freddy Kruger did that to me too