Start by marking “Unsolved (Invisible #2)” as Want to Read:
Unsolved (Invisible #2)

Unsolved

(Invisible #2)

The chilling sequel to no. 1 bestseller Invisible

FBI analyst Emmy Dockery's unique ability to uncover the patterns that others miss has brought her an impressive string of arrests. But a new case – unfolding across the country – has left her looking for something which may not exist.

The victims all appear to have died by accident, and seemingly have nothing in common. But
Published June 3rd 2019 by Cornerstone Digital

Matt
Shelves: audiobook
James Patterson collaborates with David Ellis—one of the authors who is able to keep his pieces on track—for this sequel that will chill the reader almost as much as the original piece. Emmy Dockery is back, still licking the wounds after having blown the lid off a serial killer who masked his crimes under the radar, but she refuses to rest. Seeing links in apparent accidental deaths, Emmy is connecting dots and trying to make a case that a new serial killer is on the loose. However, her superio ...more
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
UNSOLVED is a cut above its shelf mates. This sequel to James Patterson and David Ellis’ INVISIBLE features the more-than-welcome return of FBI analyst Emmy Dockery with a set of interconnected, puzzling mysteries and a bevy of ticking clocks that make pausing before story’s end nearly impossible.

Dockery, who is physically and emotionally damaged from events that took place in INVISIBLE, is both blessed and cursed with the ability to see connections others cannot. This variation of pattern recog
Heather
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
If the plot of the book and the first book in this series weren't so good, I might have quit reading this book due to its SJW theme. Am I really supposed to root for a character who thinks blowing up the buildings of organizations whose practices she doesn't agree with is OK? Is any bombing ever really casualty-free? Because guess what, the insurance companies that insure those properties may have to pay out because of some activist's bombing, but guess who they will pass the costs down to? The ...more
Rick
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-crime, own
Don't believe this should be just a 4 STAR rating however simply can't say this is totally amazing, but if I could, would give it 4 1/2 STARS as I believe that is what it deserves.

This is why I haven't given up on James Patterson! When he is on game (and the co-author is also) his storied are excellent and make for very enjoyable reading; this one being the case in point. The story was excellent never knowing until the end who the killer was, who was the mole in the FBI and which way was the st
Judi
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars, as usual for James Patterson. I always love his books and look forward to his new one.
This is the follow up (2nd) in the series about FBI Emmy Dockery.

She solved the infamous serial killer in the first book and everyone thinks she is just a "rogue" FBI agent, because she is linking cases of homeless murders all over the country to another Serial Killer, more deadly then the first one she solved.

Now some of the details of the killings have linked out to the press and they know too much,
Marjorie Hammond
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sequel to Invisible

I loved Invisible which I just happened to read a few days before Unsolved was released. It was hard for me to get started reading it. I was confused regarding who was who. Who was telling the story in 1st person? Who was the bad guy telling what he did. Then as I got further into it I did get that straightened out, but it seemed to be so much like the first book that l felt disappointed. However, it did get much better and more like I expected it to be. I couldn't put it down
Tammy
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read! This is the second in a series though it is stand alone too. Emmy is a FBI agent but she deals with the numbers and computer stuff. She is tracking a serial killer that no one sees since all the deaths look like natural deaths. She has done this before and she has a new one she is looking for. Her boyfriend Books used to be with the FBI but now is a bookstore owner though the director wants him for a special project which he has to do since it involves Emmy. This is quite a roller co ...more
Sue
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow....could not stop reading this book. Much like Invisible, it was like a long roller coaster ride. The audio version was wonderful because the female narrator did a wonderful job with voices, inflections and timing. The male was fine until he pronouced "garrote" as "garret". Lost me after that. It was an exciting book but I felt the ending didn't come together as well as it could have. Others say the "who did it" was a surprise but frankly I thought it was kind of lame. Won't keep me from rea ...more
Michelle
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!There were a lot of people to keep up with in this book.A true mystery. We were kept in suspense as to who was who and did what pretty much right up to the end.A great read and one to never look at the ending first.One should never anyways but I know two people who do and James Patterson's books have so many twists and turns that it ruins everything.I love that about his books. I admit Invisible was one of my favorites and this one was just as awesome.
Donna Lewis
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Actually found this book quite entertaining. Like many thrillers, there is a serial killer on the loose, but hot on the trail is a group of FBI personnel: not agents, but a crew of data analysts. What starts out as a”simple comparability search” leads to danger, heartbreak, and enough complex twists and turns to interest most crime readers. Not bad for a James Patterson collaboration!
Emily
Jun 13, 2019 added it
Enjoyed this one about an FBI data analysit, Emmy Dockery, who is tracking a serial killer of elderly and homeless who leaves no trace, leading investigators to assume it was due to natural causes. Once the plot got going, it was hard to put down like any other James Patterson novel with lots of twists and turns...... hope to see more from Emmy Dockery and her fiance "Books" in the future....
Lauren
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I believe I read invisible years ago, but you don't need to have read that to read this. While the characters repeat it doesn't hinder the story to not know them. This is actually one of Patterson's better books. Not something predictable in the slightest. All the little nuances, the twists and the turns - amazing! Definitely a must read.
Audra
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just love Emmy! She is brilliant! I hate how so many underestimate her. She needs to become an agent...She’s already a better agent than most. There were so many twists in this book. So many moments when you think you have it figured out but NOPE. Trust no one, believe no one until the end...Then make your decisions.
Roberta
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredible absolutely Incredible. If it could give this book a 10 or more I would gladly do so. It gets you from the start and you don’t want to put this book down. I loved Books and Emmy terrific players. I was shocked at the end. You will love this book and will recommend it to everyone
Julie Nortillo
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to read Invisible now (this one arrived at the library before the first one!) but this was 'unputtdownable'!! Patterson and Ellis veered me this way and that with so many dead ends and twists and turns, it was such an easy, exciting suspenseful read.
Sherry M Ambrose
A page turner from start to finish

Emma is an FBI analyst who looks for serial killers in deaths ruled natural or accidental. Her superiors pull her back as hard as she goes forward. Will she find the monster before he finds her?
Laura Rash
It as impressed with this one as much as Invisible. It seemed a bit repetitive in its storyline but with just a different type of crime. Tho as far as new releases from JP this one and Invisible are better than a lot he’s released of late. More like his original works.
Sherry Wessman
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ONE OF THE BEST!

The best read I've had in a long while! I think it's because Patterson is paired with Mr. Ellis. I enjoyed the first, "Invisible". Like a roller coaster ride. Very suspenseful! We'll worth it.
Donnap
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the better books I have read by James Patterson in a while! I grabs you and you think you know what happened and then you go farther and think no, this is what happened...and then ...who knew! Really a good read!
Lisa
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75
I really enjoyed this book, but it wrapped up too quickly. I wanted it to carry out with some more suspense! But it was still a fun read.
Jeff Jeffcoat
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of his best thrillers
Lots of twists and turns
Deirdre O'Brien
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant ~ page Turner as usual.

Great read with unexpected twists at the end. Kept me gripped from page 1. I just love JP. Definitely recommend this book
Patsygermany
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
First I have read in this series. So many twists and turns and several crimes
going on in several places and many suspects. It is a larger book than usual but a good one. Very different!
Stuart Grogg
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Actually one of the better books by James Patterson.
Keeps you guessing until the finish. A great beach read!
Heidi Greenlee
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Patterson and Ellis do great work. My kind of serial killer drama!
Tamara
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story but disappointing. It is not as good as the first.
Roberta
Mean Drake
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice sequel. One star deducted for too many holes in the logical thinking of the protagonist. But good one for the surprises as the story ends. Though some are too convenient.
Laura Rush
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A little long and took a while to get going. But the story is good and keeps you guessing with a surprise ending!
Book with a cattle disease killing most women?? 1 5 Apr 03, 2019 09:32AM

• Someone Knows
  • Redemption (Amos Decker, #5)
  • Willing to Die (To Die #8)
  • Kisses at Midnight
  • The Last Second (A Brit in the FBI, #6)
  • The View from Alameda Island
  • The Last Widow (Will Trent, #9)
  • Wolf Pack (Joe Pickett, #19)
  • Sabotage (Under Covers #2)
  • Private L.A.: by James Patterson and Mark Sullivan -- Review
  • Neon Prey (Lucas Davenport, #29)
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • The Man Who Robbed His Own Post Office: The Year of Short Stories – January
  • The Wedding Guest (Alex Delaware, #34)
  • Under Currents
  • Black and Blue (Doug Brock #3)
  • The Big Kahuna (Fox and O'Hare #6)
  • Shamed (Kate Burkholder, #11)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo

Invisible (2 books)
  • Invisible (Invisible #1)