Start by marking “Undefined (The Elemental Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
Undefined (The Elemental Saga #1)

Undefined

(The Elemental Saga #1)

The truth about her past may define her future.

Sophie loves being an elemental. Being able to bend the natural world to her will is thrilling, even if the need for secrecy is putting a cramp in her dating life. Lately, though, her powers have been growing, making it difficult to resist the heady temptation to use her gifts.

Trying to balance the elemental world with having
Published October 22nd 2018 by Jessica Ruddick Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Undefined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undefined

Wings & Destruction by G.K. DeRosaThe Lantern's Ember by Colleen HouckThe Edge Rules by Melanie HooyengaQuantum by Roxanne LambieThe Traitor Prince by C.J. Redwine
YASH Fall 2018
140 books — 39 voters
Crown of Oblivion by Julie EshbaughThe May Queen Murders by Sarah JudeStain by A.G. HowardEvery Other Weekend by Abigail  JohnsonDream Keeper by Amber R. Duell
YASH FALL 2019
79 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Undefined (The Elemental Saga #1)
Jess
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
The concept behind the storyline is very intriguing and I like the idea of Elementals. I find it interesting that the strength in power seems to lie within females. I also like that Sophie, the female Main Character, already knows what she is, and is training for an eventual position as a guardian. This is a nice deviation from the norm of a main character learning that they have powers, and they they’re special. However, Sophie isn’t allowed to train with her powers because the EA, the governin ...more
books are love
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good start to the series. Some areas dragged for example her waffling on Aidan and where that was going but I think that was purposeful. It was to add some suspense to that romance but for me it didn’t really need all the confusion. That area would have been better without Sophie always wondering and questioning the feelings and what was between them. there letting things just happen would have been better.

Sophie: strong, stubborn and confused. She doesn’t really know where she belongs. She woul
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Kirstian
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Magic, Magic, Magic!!! Need I say more? I guess I should so let’s begin.

Well, technically Sophie is an elemental which means she has control over the elements, but she is supposed to basically keep is “hush, hush” and not use her gifts. As you can expect she does not abide by this. I am mean I would be the same way, let’s be honest.

I enjoyed following Sophie’s story and getting to meet all the other characters along the way. The bu
NancyMagaly
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.

I enjoyed the premise of the book, people amongst us who can control elemental properties such as water, air, earth, and fire with varying degrees of power. Females have power and potential of greater ability while males can train to be guardians and my have a minute amount of ability.

The characters were likable. Sophie comes across mature by making a few good choices and having appropriate rationale, then like the teenager she
Christina Luberts
OMG, I had a hard time putting this book down. I can't wait to read the next book in the series, I'm dying to know what is going to happen. Sophie is an elemental and loves her power, even though she is not suppose to use it, but she is stubborn. The secret of her being an elemental is hard for her to have a normal life as a kid. She has already been through so much in her life. Lena is her best friend and was adopted like her. Aidan is a guardian and Sophie is going to try to be one too. But wh ...more
Andrew Palmer
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In Sophie, we have a teenage girl who just wants a normal teenage life. Except she can control the elements and must keep that part of herself from her non-powered friends. As the plot takes her out of her comfortable, mostly normal world, she struggles to find herself. This character journey is woven into a plot that builds to an exciting crescendo at the end of the book. Leaving you amazed at the journey the author has taken you on. And read to pre-order Book 2.
Marilyn Smith
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing

5.0 out of 5 starsA must read!
ByMarilyn Smithon October 22, 2018
Format: Kindle Edition
This is a great story and has a great storyline. Sophie is a wonderful character and was fun and fantastic to read. This story has adventure and half way through you keep reading until the end to see what’s happening. Can’t wait for the next book! I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Crissy Hensley
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received a free electronic copy of this book for judging purposes in the 2019 NERFA contest held by the First Coast Romance Writers.

I loved this book! The development of the relationship between Sophie and Aidan seemed a little rushed at first, but as I read more of their story it became clear that they had cared about each other all along. With the big reveal in the last third of the book, and the major cliffhanger at the end, I definitely want to find out what happens next!
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Exciting! A thrilling supernatural story full of magic and mayhem. I loved the characters! They were enjoyable to read. I felt like I was right there with them in the story experiencing it as they were. I really enjoyed the chemistry and the budding relationship between Aiden and Sophie. The story set up a good build up of this new elemental world and I can’t wait to see where it goes from here.
Darlene
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first installment of the elemental saga introduces to young adults Sophie, Lena and Aidan, who with their foster parents make a unique family .The secrets of their respective "elemental" power and their past is cleverly interwoven in the story of their everyday teenage lives. Full of action and a slow developing love story , Undefined is a must read for lovers of the teen paranormal genre.
Donna
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read an Advanced Reader Copy of this book and to submit an honest review.

Undefined is an excellent Paranormal book that is based on Elementals. Females are more powerful than males. Sophie is one of the main characters and struggles with trying to keep her abilities a secret while also trying to have a normal dating life.

This is an excellent paranormal read.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading this story, I couldn't put it down. I read the book in one day.This author is an awesome writer.I cannot wait to read more of their books. Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.
Jessica
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
i received this book as advance reader copy from the author. This book pulled me into it at the first page. The concept behind the novel line was very intriguing and very pulling me into the book itself. I really do like the idea of Elemental and what I find was interesting that the strength in power seems to lie within females and not the males. Very cool and unique on that end.

Now it is time for the characters, i did like some of them and others i found a bit dull and boring or
when I found
Amy Patrick
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fresh and captivating. A fascinating journey into a new paranormal world with a slow-burn love story that makes the atmosphere crackle with electricity. You'll never look at a sudden storm the same way again!
Tammy
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is the start of the series and introduces us to many characters. Sophie and Aidan are the two main ones. For the majority of it the story is built up. Near the end it picks up the pace. Book does end on a cliffhanger.
Mandy
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Undefined has a great storyline. Sophie is a likable character who reacts to situations in a very authentic, believable way. Once you get to about the halfway point in the book, it’s very hard to put down as the action ramps up. Looking forward to the next book. Can’t wait to see what happens next!
Kim Royer
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing and I can't wait to jump right into book two. There are twist and turns in this book but the end will knock your socks off.
Jill
Can't wait for the next book in this series!
Jackie
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story. Sophie loves being an Elemental and it shows in her behaviour. Impossible to stop reading.
Lorie
Apr 24, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Boring read

DNF...Boring and couldn't connect to the mc. Too much poor me attitude and no chemistry between the h. Redundant dialogue where the mc just repeats her boring life.
Becky
I really wanted to like this book but it just never grabbed me. The story moved way too slow and the first third of the book felt like it was exposition. I just found the whole thing a little disappointing.
Claire
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it. Well what can I say, I loved the writing style straight off. But the book was ... Too short.. ended way to quickly, this was a book that I was like nooooooo it's over already. Cannot wait for book two!! I don't do real lengthy reviews but I loved this book, it is one I am recommending to my friends. But I have to say give it try and I think you will love it too!man I can't wait for the next book. Sorry if my review isn't too ...more
Chelle
Jul 21, 2019
Alyssa
Nov 21, 2018
NL Clarke
Jul 29, 2020
Pam T
Oct 22, 2018 added it
Wow! What an exciting new series Jessica Ruddick has started with her new book, Undefined! This series promises to be a hit among young readers as well as those of us who are beyond the young reader stage of our lives . . .

I am new to the elemental genre of novel, having avoided them most of my life because I didn’t want to get into werewolves and sci-fI and all that stuff. However, I found the world of elementals interesting and was delighted that it was not scary!

As a former high school teach
Jules
Dec 06, 2018
Michelle
Jan 17, 2019
Donna Ciriello
May 14, 2019

• Hopeless Romantic (McCabe Brothers, #1)
  • Player
  • Faked
  • Looking to Score
  • Loner
  • Cursed Prince (Night Elves Trilogy #1)
  • Sin & Surrender (Demigods of San Francisco, #6)
  • Love Her Better (Kaid Ranch Shifters, #4)
  • Be My Brayshaw (Brayshaw, #4)
  • Exmas
  • The Best Man
  • The Lake House (Brewer Brothers #1)
  • The Mystic Cove Series Boxed Set (Books 1-4)
  • Say You Do
  • Going After What's Mine
  • Corrupt Kingdom
  • Clandestine (Exposé #2)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
Jessica Ruddick is a 2014 Golden Heart finalist for her new adult novel, Letting Go, which was inspired by her own college experiences. She lives in Virginia and is married to her college sweetheart—their first date was a fraternity toga party (and nothing inspires love like a toga, right?). When she doesn’t have her nose in a book or her hands on a keyboard, she can be found wrangling her two ram ...more

The Elemental Saga (4 books)
  • Untamed (The Elemental Saga #2)
  • Unleashed (The Elemental Saga #3)
  • Unveiled (The Elemental Saga #4)