Start by marking “A Linguagem de Programação Go” as Want to Read:
A Linguagem de Programação Go

A Linguagem de Programação Go

A linguagem de programação Go é a fonte mais confiável para qualquer programador que queira conhecer Go. O livro mostra como escrever código claro e idiomático em Go para resolver problemas do mundo real. Esta obra não pressupõe conhecimentos prévios de Go nem experiência com qualquer linguagem específica, portanto você a achará acessível, independentemente de se sentir ma ...more
Paperback
Published by Novatec (first published August 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about A Linguagem de Programação Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Linguagem de Programação Go

Start your review of A Linguagem de Programação Go
Varun
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: technology
Every programming language has one book that become the de-facto book. C has K&R and other programming languages has their own. This book is for Go what is K&R for C. If you ever want to buy a Go programming language book, this book should be the one. I have been programming in Go from almost an year and I also find some new tricks from the book. Also I use this book as a reference when I need to brush up some concept.
Tadas Talaikis
You're kidding, second mention on the for cycle:

for initialization; condition; post {

I can try to understand that abstraction, hut isn't this book for Go starters? It's like trying to read anything from Google (with their xomplexities they anyway lose the whole picture due to lost brain RAM, like with Tensor Flow they had marketed failure on finnancial markets) or Iris (Go web farmework) "examples". shouldn't examples supposed to work?

Or few pages later:

counts := make(map[string]int)
input := buf
Mohamed Elsherif
Great book, a must read for anyone seriously looking into picking up Go for a future project, the language seems simple but the nuances of it are very important and the book dives into it and provide a great guidance and gotchas here and there that are just priceless.
Jascha
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: programming-go
I am amazed by the fact that most people, simply by checking the authors name, go for the five stars, indipendently of the goodness of the content. Being a great engineer does not mean being great at teaching and/or explaining.

Just like the good old K&R C book, the book covers the basics of the language, but in a very formal, strict way, which makes it hard for a beginner to get the most out of it. The examples are good and evolved through the text.

A good book. Not a great book. Definitely NOT
Jelmer De reus
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dinko
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you've read Kernighan and Ritchie "The C Programming Language", this is the Golang K&R alternative. A must-read for this young new language. ...more
Felipe Rodrigues
Nice intro to Go

The book goes trough the main topics on go programing in a very interesting way. It presents several different examples. Worth the read.
Vanessa
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: computer-science
One of the authors is Kernighan (yes, that one), so it's as easy to read and as useful as your well-thumbed C book. It was longer, though, with more to cover. Still, I was able to write a substantial Go library after reading it. I'm going to get a paper copy to keep next to the C bible. ...more
Veronica
This book is remarkably unwieldy and incoherent. I cannot recommend it for anyone wishing to review the Go programming language. Far better, I believe, to simply search online Go tutorials for a reminder of the syntax.

Update: I want to clarify that I think it's possible this is useful if one is simply seeking an in-depth look at Go and has plenty of time to read the book from beginning to end in a scrutinizing fashion. However, for my purpose, this book simply wasn't suitable.
Ilya Isaev
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book about Golang

This book is like a bible for Golang. It covers all topics for the language from A to Z. One of the interesting things is exercise section which helps to test your knowledge and skills! I would have it on the shelf.
Arina
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing introduction to a programming language. One needs to know how to code in other languages, and in that case, the first chapter just gives you a taste of what it's like to code in Go. The following chapters explain more about various language specifics. And you are ready to go (ha!).
The book is also a good reference, I've been using it a lot for advice on testing and concurrency.
The only reason that I did not finish it earlier was that I was left with the last chapters on reflection and
Kasun Vithanage
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome book that clearly explains key concepts of golang
Alex Trimm
Exhaustive to a fault
Saurabh Jha
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice introduction to the Go programming language. Go is not a difficult language to learn but has some unique features which may take a while to get used to. This book does a great job explaining those things and has some very good example programs that I use as models for my own programs.

The only problem is this book feels wordy at places. And working through some of the examples feel like a slog. Some chapters like the one on Go tool could have been omitted altogether.

Overall though, great b
Hercules Merscher
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: programming
Even though Go is not one of my favorite languages, this book is really well written and contains tons of examples and exercises. Every programming book should be like it, with plenty of material for you to get your hands dirty practcing.
If you need or want to learn Go, I can't recommend this book enough! It is also a good reference book to remember some details.
Marshall
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dozens of programming books, years of reading them, most of them helpful but of mediocre quality. This is a great example of what a high quality programming book is like. Unlike a lot of books--some of which are written by undergrads!--this book is written by very experienced programmers. Kernighan? He was involved with creating UNIX and C. Every page of this book, you can tell a lot of work went into refining it. A lot of it is example-driven, which I love. The examples were impressive. They ma ...more
Sebastian Gebski
Truly old school programming book (in terms of composition) - leads you through all the necessary topics in a natural order. Pace is very good, space granted for each topic is very carefully tuned - you're flying through easy stuff instantly, but if something needs more consideration, it's given substantially more elaboration & samples. What I like a lot was tuning the teaching style to language specifics - there's a lot of attention put into describing idioms, conventions & ecosystems -> these ...more
Dexter
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quintessential text for learning the Go Programming Language. After working through some of the examples you will discover the simple elegance of the programming language--stripped down but expressive.

The chapter on testing, benchmarking, and profiling needs some work. However, I think these will require another book in itself.

There is little or no mention of symbolic debugging. Some may argues that with the proper array of functional tests, you don't really need a debugger. However, I am in th
Jordi
5/5 stars

An absolute must for anyone starting with the Go language. I have done the go tutorial and went through the effective go website but this book made the trick: I was able to feel more and more comfortable with the language and accomplished as I read on. There are a few things left out of the pot that I learned whilst perusing other people's code, but even so the book provides a good narrative that eases the consumption of the knowledge and idioms required to speak the language properly.
Jeremy Huiskamp
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: prog
This is fairly straightforward coverage of the language. For someone who is already familiar with the language, it's mostly boring, though worth reading because there are always gaps to be filled in and a fairly quick read.

I can't fault anything specific about the book, I just wish more programming language books were opinionated like Javascript: the Good Parts.
Sinuhe
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is great!, I recommend it as a intermediate one. Even I decide to not continue reading before reflection an unsafe, I think I will return to it in 1 or 2 years later to learn that after.

The examples are practical and a more than just hello worlds.
L Dean
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Close in quality to K&R, may revise to 5 stars after a re-read. If you work with Go, read this book.
Alex
Mar 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My attitude towards Go in the past has been one of superior contempt. After all, I had visited the higher planes of programming, where one can see macros and monads in their full brilliance, and thus relegated Go to the unwashed masses. On the few occasions I had used it--alas, professional programmers are merely mercenaries--it was surprisingly easy to write. Almost enjoyable. But no, I had seen the pure snows on the peaks of the Olympian mountains of abstraction. Once you breath the rarefied a ...more
Steve
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Presumably the authoritative reference book on/introduction to Go for experienced programmers. Despite the plethora of online resources I like books because the good ones guide you through all the elements, point out subtleties and gotchas, and really let you explore rather than the utilitarian reference "I need to know this now."

This is a good book.

As a veteran C/C++ programmer and one familiar with (albeit not fluent) in Python I found the covered topics familiar and yet new, as Go has its ow
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Go has excellent documentation & other resources available at golang.org, but for those looking for a printed book, this is the only one I recommend. It has most accurate description of some of features of language, that not available in other books. This is good for deepening your understanding of Go (I read many Go books, check my profile for review of them)

This book is not for novice programmer, if you are a novice programmer, I strongly recommend you first check this topics in golang.org/doc
John Klassa
Apr 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read this book twice now (once about 8 months ago, and once recently), and mostly enjoyed it both times. It reminds me of reading the classic K&R C book back in the day, when I was much younger and computers were still new and mysterious to me.

The progression of material is good, as are the examples. Many of them include subtle bits of information that require detailed reading in order to tease out, which makes the learning, once achieved, that much more satisfying.

What I think I love most
Christos Kontas
Apr 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keeping the tradition of writing top-class books, Brian Kernighan did once again: a nice, simple book, written in a single and well-understood language, full of examples and extensive coverage of the language. Even though I already knew Go, I was amazed by the precise definitions of many parts of the language, and the mentions of various techniques and conventions, together with their unofficial definitions. Certainly, the book can be used both as a tutorial and a reference of the language.

Actua
Wouter
Apr 20, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A delightful book that sits comfortably next to my bulky C++ primer book. One day, I hope, it will deliberately toss the primer book off the shelf. Go is a simple language by design, so a thick book would only raise eyebrows. That said, I did find some examples to be too academic for my liking. I wonder why every CS professor has to do these tings? Next to that, the package chapter could do with a refreshment as Go 1.16 went with modules on by default. These are my only gripes, though. There isn ...more
Murray Cumming
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tech
This is perfectly written and structured. The examples are particularly well chosen. Unlike most such books, it can, and should be read, cover to cover.

In the end, I have not become a huge fan of the Go programming language itself, though the book has shown me much there to respect and be inspired by, and I'd definitely choose it for some projects. I've written up some notes about the experience from my point of view as a C++ developer: https://www.murrayc.com/permalink/201...
Matt Rozak
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great, fairly comprehensive into to golang. Covers syntax and philosophy of writing in the style of golang. Not for beginners, lots of concurrent code (although to be fair, concurrency in golang is a lot safer and easier to understand than most other languages concurrency constructs.)

After reading this book you could write small, idiomatic Go programs. My only real complaint: the book introduces go's unique interface/typing system, but doesn't really leave the reader with a great idea on how to
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Effective Java
  • A Tour of C++
  • Kubernetes: Up & Running

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »