Start by marking “The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)

The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky

(Montague Siblings #1.5)

In this funny and frothy novella that picks up where the New York Times bestselling The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue leaves off, freshly minted couple Monty and Percy fumble through their first time together.

Monty’s epic grand tour may be over, but now that he and Percy are finally a couple, he realizes there is something more nerve-wracking than being chased
Published November 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky, please sign up.
Hannah Penrod I'm in the same boat- I really hope the publisher makes it available for purchase, at least in a digital edition. I just discovered the books and am…moreI'm in the same boat- I really hope the publisher makes it available for purchase, at least in a digital edition. I just discovered the books and am really bummed out that the novella was made to be such an exclusive things :( (less)
Mackenzi You can't preorder the novella--you get the novella if you preorder and submit your proof of purchase for The Lady's Guide to petticoats and PIracy.…moreYou can't preorder the novella--you get the novella if you preorder and submit your proof of purchase for The Lady's Guide to petticoats and PIracy. The novella will drop October 2! (less)

Start your review of The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)
Chaima ✨ شيماء
Reading this novella is all fun and games until it makes you achingly aware of the lack of cuddling you're experiencing in your life.

So without further ado, here's a list of iconic and memorable moments in this book!

• First of all, nothing will ever come close to touching the humor and perfect execution of the question “do you mean to tell me that you have not actually fornicated yet?” being met with the incredulous and slightly indignant response “dear God, Felicity”
• I genuinely strive to
Ivy
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Smashing that Lady’s Guide pre-order button harder than Monty wants to smash Percy
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
WAIT!
What!? O_o
Hold a second!

When did this become a thing and why the freaking hell didn't I know about it?!

I need more Monty and Percy in my life!!
I'm soo going to savour this!!
Well, as soon as I get my own copy of course! ;-P

Mackenzi you make me very happy! XD
I hope you know that. *lol*
Claudia Ramírez
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-sons, 2019, i-ship-them
I’M CRYING IN A CORNER BECAUSE THEY ARE SO CUTE.
C.G. Drews
This was entirely adorable and so utterly awkward it was hilarious! I actually could read an infinitely long series about Percy and Monty, juuuust saying in case the bookish gods want to grant that request. It is pretty much 50pgs of Monty and Percy trying to have sex and everything of ever going wrong. It made me laugh out loud though. I love their banter and Monty's panic meltdowns and the fact that the worst thing in the world that's ever happened to him is getting his hair wet in the ocean.

Kai
Oct 06, 2018 marked it as to-read
I'm ready for the gay
Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
WE HATE RICHARD PEELE!

Ugh, this was ridiculously cute and hilarious and I can die happy now. My heart is so full and my stomach hurts from laughing.

If you didn’t already know, I fucking adore Monty and Percy. I love them and The Gentleman’s Guide so much that I’m still, after six months and reading it three times, unable to write a review because I don’t think I can write down just how much I love everything about these characters and these books and how important I think they are. I could
Bri
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Monty & Percy are disastrous idiots and they’re so in love and I! AM! THRIVING!
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
1.) The Gentlemen's Guide To Vice and Virtue
*.) The Gentlemen's Guide To Getting Lucky
2.) The Lady's Guide To Petticoats and Piracy

-----------------------------------------------

omfg i love them so much it hurts
Irina
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was so cute and fun to read. i love Monty and Percy with all my heart
✨    jamieson   ✨
WHEN will a man as sweet and tall as Percy Newton come into my life? I relate to bi disaster Monty so much but where's MY sweet bf/gf who kill give me soft kisses all the time :/ anyway this was cute & funny thats all I have to say on that
Lily ☁️
I fell in love with Monty & Percy all over again, smiled so much that my cheeks are still a bit sore, and basically, this is the perfect novella, and I can’t wait to read Felicity’s book.

Blog | Bloglovin’ | Instagram | Tumblr |Twitter
chan ☆
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, ya-contemporary
not enough sex

i feel PLAYED. ok not really, i knew that i couldn't possibly expect a torrid love scene in a historical fiction YA. but sometimes a girl just wants to dream.

this was really sweet & just reinforced everything we already know. percy is a sweet cinnamon roll & monty has feelings that he is bad at letting out. this didn't add much in the way of character development or story but it was cute. and they're cute.

the end.
Melissa
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The gang is back in this short, but sweet novella. It's abso-bloody-lutely FANTASTIC! Fans of The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue will not be disappointed. Mackenzi had me laughing, shrieking, and as usual sighing "Oh, Monty."

Also, if you've listened to the audio book and fell in love with Christian Coulson's voice like I have, he might sneak in narrating as you read.

Sum of feels in a gif

Don't sleep on this people! Go pre-order your copy of The Lady's Guide to Vice and Virtue today wherever
TheYALibrarian
Oct 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Umm excuse me how did I not hear about this and why can't I get it on Amazon???!!!! Someone help I need this in my life!!!

Update 10/18/18

Well now I'm a little irked that I found out only people who pre-ordered TLGTPAP and sent an email to Lee got a copy of this ebook. So I guess all of us who had no idea just miss out?! Great...
kelly ♥
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt-content
I raise my head, and he turns to me. "I love you," I say quietly. "You know that?"
"And I you, my darling boy."

excuse me for a moment while i sit and cry
Meli
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"We are tough and stupid together and we are going to be tough and stupid together for the rest of our lives" Los amo, bye.

Update: no dejo de sonreír como boba desde que terminé esto. Monty tiene esa capacidad de hacerme hiper feliz con su estupidez y profundidad no intencionada (:P) que me puede.
Connie
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
my skin is clear, my crops are thriving, the sun is shining, monty is a Bisexual Disaster, and percy and monty are idiots in love. bless mackenzi lee for restoring peace to the universe.
Sabrina
Oct 12, 2018 rated it liked it
The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue -

This reminded me how much fun I had reading TGGTVAV.
This was funny, and although this is about this marvelous couple getting some, they didn’t in fact got some it this short story but out of it.

In some ways I feel betrayed but it was still a great read so I’ll not get to mad about that.

Now I’m ready to read the next one!
Warda
Apr 05, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I never managed to read this and now WE'RE GETTING A HARDCOVER AND I'M OVER THE BLEEDIN' MOON!!
milou  ☕️
4,5 stars

I reach out before I can stop myself and push his hair behind his ears, then lean down for a kiss. When our lips meet, I swear I feel my ribs strain from how full I am with loving him.

This was everything that I hoped that it would be. I love how awkward Percy and Monty were in this and how precious and adorable they are together. Reading about them brought out a huge grin to my face and it made me realize how much I had missed my babies. It was short and sweet.
Diana
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
I usually rate all Mackenzi Lee's books with 5 but not this one. I mean, it was nice to see Percy and Monty on their first time, but I felt it was given more importance it should have had (which is the idea of the e-novella) and in the effort to show it doesn't need to be perfect they really are put in far fetched situations, although I did laugh with the last one hehe ...more
Caidyn (SEMI-HIATUS; BW Reviews; he/him/his)
Omg it was so fluffy and wonderful and I nearly laughed many times while I was supposed to be paying attention to my professors in class. I adored it. I sincerely hope that this series is more than a duology, or that there's going to be something separate to follow Felicity's adventures. Wonderful.
Zoë ☆
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Definitely an addition to the story! This was really cute
Silvia
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Akshslssh this was so awkward and funny I burst out laughing a handful of times
Sahitya
Monty’s adoration of Percy is just so adorable
This novella is hilarious but toooo short. I just want more of them together!!!
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)
OMG this was SO funny! I wasn't expecting it. Being honest, I've always had a conflicting relationship with Monty, but I still love the couple with Percy. I think they're adorable together and this little novel was all I needed from these two

description

4/5 Stars

You can find more of my reviews on my blog A Book. A Thought.

For a moment I thought Monty would be the same old Monty again, but it wasn't like that and I liked seeing him more open about his feelings and thoughts, and as for Percy, I just love him
Katie.dorny
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I wasn’t ready to let go of these characters.
This made me laugh out loud it was that funny and so lightheartedly cringe.

• Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • I Wish You All the Best
  • Fence, Vol. 3
  • Fence, Vol. 2
  • The Music of What Happens
  • Bloom
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer, #1)
  • Fence, Vol. 1
  • We Contain Multitudes
  • The Infinite Noise
  • Running With Lions
  • Fence #11 (Fence, #11)
  • Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)
  • Pumpkinheads
  • What If It's Us
Mackenzi Lee holds a BA in history and an MFA in writing for children and young adults from Simmons College. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the historical fantasy novels THIS MONSTROUS THING, THE GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO VICE AND VIRTUE, which won a 2018 Stonewall Honor Award and the New England Book Award, and its sequel, THE LADY'S GUIDE TO PETTICOATS AND PIRACY, which debuted at #3 ...more

Montague Siblings (3 books)
  • The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Montague Siblings, #1)
  • The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (Montague Siblings, #2)
  • The Nobleman's Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks (Montague Siblings, #3)
“I would teach my body to regrow my heart each time I gave it to him, over and over and over again. Heart after heart after heart—every one of them his.” 10 likes
“I look down at his hand and laugh without quite knowing why. “You deserve some sort of
reward for putting up with me.”
“You’re my reward.”
“Shit reward I am.”
“Why do you think everyone needs some sort of recompense for being around you?” he says,
his voice so gentle I almost start to cry.”
8 likes