Start by marking “Bones” as Want to Read:
Bones

Bones

'Bones' brings together four chilling ghost stories by award winning writer-director Andrew Cull. Four monsters collected in paperback for the first time.

'Did You Forget About Me?'
"He had written to me a month or so before he died. I'd ignored the letter the same way I'd ignored all the others."

When Cam Miller returns to the town he grew up in he's heading to clear his e
Published June 2nd 2018 by Vermillion2One Press

To ask other readers questions about Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bones

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
We buried dad in the winter. It wasn’t until Spring that we heard from him again.

Whether you like your horror creepy, otherworldly, gruesome, or tragic, Andrew Cull’s got you covered in this collection. Bones is a bind-up of four short stories (plus a bonus very short story at the end!), each vastly different but all playing on a universal theme of family and the way any terrifying situation is instantly amped up when those we love become involved. I was so incredibly impressed by each story
Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cemetery-dance
This review first was published on Cemetery Dance Online August 15th, 2018
I’ve been saying a different version of the same thing all year but I’ll say it in a unique way for Cemetery Dance:

Social media is responsible for introducing me to a much larger selection of books to read in my favorite genre of horror. Way back when, whatever my mom added to her shelves was what was accessible to me. As I began to shop for books on my own, I was only getting whatev
Bark
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This lovely author sent me two copies of his newest work (all the way from Australia!) so that I could release them in the Little Free Libraries in my care. I'm going to release this one asap when I visit the mall tonight and read the other asap before setting it free at the other park location because I can't NOT read it!

Here are my thoughts now that I'm finished:

Bones is author Andrew Cull’s debut collection of short fiction and it is pretty fantastic if you like a story where the creep factor
Mindi
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Bones is a collection of four stories (actually 5 if you count the very short but amazing story at the end). All of the stories deal with death in a different manner, and each one is as chilling as the next. At times I felt like I could almost smell some foul, rotten thing coming for me in my bedroom as I read.

Most of the stories read as if they are a warning about what lurks beyond the grave. The dead are not happy in Cull
Lee Anderson drunkonbookz
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book of short stories, if only there were more than four!
'Did You Forget About Me' was a fantastic story to start this book off with, a creepy house at night time with two uniquely well described seemingly normal characters from children to adults and the truth behind the story written at the end was the icing on the cake.

'Hope And Walker' - writing about an outback country town is difficult to get spot on. Australians can pick flaws and it becomes frustrating to read. Hope was
Hiba Arrame
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Death is so commonly used as the main topic for horror stories, but I've never seen it employed the way Andrew Cull did.
A collection of four stories that are able to make you doubt your surroundings at night and look behind at every step.
Definitely one of my favorite works in horror and I'd love to read more by the author. It seems such a waste of talent to have this only published work.
The Grim Reader
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Andrew Cull has pulled together his recent short stories and the novella, Knock and You Will See Me into one collection called Bones. Cull is a writer I’m only just becoming familiar with. The novella, Knock and You Will See Me was a hit for this reader. I enjoy character driven horror stories and that was certainly the case with this tale. It’s safe to say I was eager to indulge in Andrew’s other shorter works.

Bones begins in suitably chilling fashion with the excellent Did You Forget About Me?
Frank Errington
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review Copy

A solid collection of longer short stories and a bonus short-short make up this novella-length collection from Australian writer-director Andrew Cull.

Did You Forget About Me? - Cam Miller is a struggling actor and at age thirty he has yet to make his mark. When his long-estranged father dies and leaves Cam his childhood home he contacts his sister and makes plans to visit the property. The trip brings back unpleasant memories and more. Cull makes effective use of his filmmaker's eye f
Cassie Lola (holo.reader)
“Being scared’s good,” Grandpa Walker had told me once. “Stops us from doing stupid things.” It hadn’t stopped me.

Full Review: https://letsgetgalactic.com/2018/12/3...

First, I’d like to thank Andrew Cull for sending a copy of his book over to me shortly after I joined the bookstagram community. I was a lowly nobody there, with barely any followers, and he was just trying to spread the word of his book – and he gave me a chance! I went on vacation shortly after, and the book arrived and sat at ho
Emily
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved my introduction to Andrew Cull. There are 5 stories in this book (or four official stories & one mini-story), and I enjoyed each of them.

I don't know if I can choose a favorite - probably either Did You Forget About Me? or The Trade. Each story in this book is dark and haunting. These aren't jump scares - they are tense, and the suspense consistently builds as the story goes on. Andrew's writing is incredibly atmospheric, and it feels as if you're a part of the story. The
Luke.At.What.Im.Reading
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
📚 BOOK REVIEW 📚
Bones 💀 by - Andrew Cull
First of all I would like to thank Andrew for sending over a copy of Bones, also it was signed 🤩😄 thank you so so much, here’s my little review.
Bones consists of four mini stories, well five if you count the little extra one thrown in at the end. 🤫
The stories are.
📚 Did you forget me
📚 Hope and Walker
📚 The Trade (Personal Favourite)
📚 Know and you will see me
📚 The Rambling Man
I was going to list the features of the stories but I really don’t want to spoil t
D Gillis
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bones is a collection of four unforgettable stories by Andrew Cull. He has a visual writing style that allows each story to come to life in vivid detail. These stories are all connected to childhood and are both haunting and chilling.
Did You Forget about Me? follows Cam Miller and his sister as they return to the house of their deceased and long estranged father. The intention is to clear out the place and get it ready for sale. Cam brings along unread letters his father had sent and in the proc
Audra (ouija.doodle.reads)
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories, horror
There is something lurking in the darkness and Andrew Cull has captured it.

The four stories in Bones all deal with death in different ways. The sudden, untimely death of a childhood friend and how that might haunt someone years later, a small town murder and how it affects a young girl, the chilling outcome of visitations from some unknown thing in the woods, and the death of a father and the haunting consequences for a mother of three.

All of these stories weave in and out of the supernatural in
avery (avereads)
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“We buried Dad in the winter. It wasn’t until the spring that we heard from him again.”

Thank you to the other for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review!

Bones is a collection of four short stories (plus a bonus lil story at the end) that has a focus on death and monsters surrounding it. The stories involve a man who returns to his childhood him after the death of his estranged father, the next about a girl who grows up in a funeral home and draws the bodies, a creature in the woods w
Beverley Lee
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

Bones is a collection of four (plus a bonus creepy little offering at the end) chilling short stories, subtitled A Collection of Monsters. The author very kindly sent me a copy of the book for review and I was not disappointed.

I'm a huge fan of well-crafted opening sentences and Andrew delivers on this so very well.

"We were both 10. But he was dead. And I sat drawing him."

"We buried Dad in the winter. It wasn't until the spring that we heard from him again."

The author's strength is
David Sodergren
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An easy five stars - four stories, each spookier than the last. Highly recommended.
Karien Kloppers
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my word, I don’t even know where to start with this book. Everyone that has seen my posts and reviews must know by now that I love a good short story… But as we all know, when it comes to collections or anthologies, there is a kind of a hit and miss situation. There will be stories you’ll love, some will be just okay and some you’ll hate. This is the fist time I’ve ever picked up a collection and absolutely loved every single one of them! As in seriously…I’m being super serial!

This collection
Acanthea  Grimscythe | The Ghastly Grimoire
Bones by Andrew Cull is a brilliantly written, deliciously short collection of short stories and a novella that I’m glad to have on my shelf. I received the book sometime last year, and after completing it, I really wish I’d read it sooner. Once again Cull proves to me that he’s an exceptional writer when it comes to horror–and in the case of one story in this collection, he shows his ability to rend hearts.

The first story in this collection, “Did You Forget About Me?”, is a delightfully eerie t
Maddie
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
For the longest part of last year I kept seeing this little short story collection floating about the horror bookstagram community and getting a lot of praise. Around the beginning of this year Andrew Cull was offering free review copies on Instagram, and of course I jumped at the opportunity, and I am very happy that I did.

"Bones" is a collection of four short stories and a fifth flash fiction story. Neither of the stories is called "Bones" (extra points for that!), the title representing the
Peter (Peer105)
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When you make a short story collection, especially when it's a debut, the stories better hit hard. The less stories included, the harder they should hit.
Bones is a collection of 3 short stories, a novella, and a flash fiction short story as a bonus. And they hit oh so hard.

Now it's hard for me to properly review the writing. Look at it this way, Andrew Cull writes very cinematically. You can clearly see each scene in your head. The setting, the characters, the horror, they all come alive. And st
Emma Seaton
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bones is a collection of four chilling ghost stories that give you chills and raises the hair at the base of your neck.

'Did you forget about me'
Cam Miller returns to the farmhouse he grew up in to clear his estranged fathers belongings. Here he will come across the horror that has waited all those years for his return.

I loved this story and thought it was a strong start to the book. I loved the build up to the event and thought it had the right tension to make you on edge. I also thought the en
Leslie
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book more than five stars I absolutely would! A collection of beautifully written stories that will make your skin crawl and your heart race with fear. I devoured this book (and a few of my finger nails in the process lol) in less than 24hrs - time well spent! My only complaint with this book is that it isn't longer.
Christian Orton
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great collection. Creepy as hell.

As I've said in a few other reviews over the years, it seems good short horror is dying. I've been extremely disappointed in a number of collections that I see given rave reviews for. Usually the prose is a bit immature, the author's voice too cynical, etc.

That is not the case here. All four stories are hits. Cull can write. He can write fear and dread well and knows how to walk the line where he leaves a bit of mystery to let your imagination fill in the gaps,
Elizabeth Gonzalez-Collazo
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great anthology of the unexplained and very creepy. Cant wait to read more of Andrew Cull's other books!!
Kelly
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great collection of haunting short stories from new to me author Andrew Cull. If I had to pick a favorite story I’d chose The Trade. It stayed with me for days after reading it. Can’t wait to read more of Cull’s future work!
MJ miranda_c_rites
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bones by Andrew Cull
A Collection of Monsters
Four short stories

Did You Forget About Me?

March 26, 2019

5 stars

Cam Miller returns to his hometown after the death of his estranged father. He and his sister, Kelly, go out to their original home, a home they had to leave one night in hopes of never returning, to clear out any personal belongings their father may have left behind with plans to sell the house.

Cam has letters his father wrote him over the years, but he never read them, yet he
Tracy Robinson
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yesss. Happy reader here! My full review is now live on Sci Fi and Scary:

In short - Read this book. Now.
Sam
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**Thank you to the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

This collection has been making the rounds on Instagram for a while now, with rave reviews all around. So when the author approached me, of course I jumped at the opportunity to see what all the hype was about. I can say wholeheartedly that the hype is well-deserved. Andrew Cull is an extremely talented writer, and these stories do an amazing job of showcasing that talent. This book is billed as
Ken Stark
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bones is a collection of four short stories by author Andrew Cull; Did You Forget About Me?, Hope and Walker, The Trade, and Knock and You Will See Me. Four stand-alone stories (and one extra little gem), each with its own distinctly different monster.

Attempting a detailed description of all four here would be a disservice to the author, so I'll limit the summary to my favorite of the bunch; The Trade. In The Trade, a young boy comes to believe that a monster lives in the woods behind his hou
Aiden Merchant
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bones by Andrew Cull
4⭐

Bones consists of five stories, ranging from flash fiction ("The Rambling Man") to novellette ("Knock and You Will See Me").

Both "Did You Forget About Me?" And "The Trade" were previously released in 2016, and show Cull at his earliest. There are too many exclamation marks in the dialogue, and the stories feel brittle in places, but they're both still worth reading. "The Trade," in particular, could have easily been expanded upon, and I would have welcomed it.

My two favor