Start by marking “Full Speed (Full, #3)” as Want to Read:
Full Speed (Full, #3)

Full Speed

(Full #3)

Jamie and Max have intense chemistry - even though they drive each other crazy. Max thinks Jamie is a magnet for trouble and Jamie thinks Max is the most annoyingly sexy, mysterious man she's ever met. She knows she should stay away from him, but there's something irresistible about the millionaire playboy. Jamie is a newspaper owner from a small southern town. In FULL SPE ...more
Published November 3rd 2003 by Headline (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Full Speed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Speed

Kristine
Jan 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio-library
This book is not nearly as funny as the Stephanie Plum series. The humorous sidekick (Dave) is just annoying and doesn't compare to Lula. Overall it was pretty flat.
Cyndi
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Mobsters, mayhem and a mutt...oh my! Really fun read!
Pamela Mclaren
Janet Evanovich has proven that she is the mistress of slapstick cozy mysteries, with Stephanie Plum, whose investigative adventures more often than not get her into the fire from the fry pan and are only exceeded by her romantic entanglements have been welcomed through 23 books.

She has followed the winning formula in a number of other series, including the "Full" books written with Charlotte Hughes and featuring "journalist" Jamie Swift and millionaire Max Holt. You'll notice that I put Jamie'
Julie
Jun 29, 2012 rated it liked it
This is the third book in the "Full " series. Full Speed, written by Janet Evanovich and Charlotte Hughes, is a light romantic crime novel. Jamie and Max are on the outs with each other. Max is looking into a corrupt minister. Jamie wants a good story for her paper. So, they team up again to see what mob ties the minister has and where that leads them.
I would have enjoyed the book more if I hadn't felt like I was missing something by not having read the previous book. Most of the background is e
Tiffunee
Nov 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Newspaper editor Jamie Swift likes a little predictability in her life. When she suddenly finds herself minus a fiancé and with a major case of the hots for her silent partner, millionaire Maximillian Holt, any bit of predictability goes right out the window. Max is like a tornado, turning her well-ordered world upside down. Now someone’s unhappy with Max’s recent business deal—dangerously unhappy.

Posing as husband and wife, with computer genius Muffin and a mutt named Fleas along for the ride,
Rebecca
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I read full tilt years ago and thought it was the most entertaining thing. A hot billionaire, I fun an spunky female lead, a compelling crime mystery, and my favorite part, a talking car named muffin with the voice of Marlene Monroe. I finally came cross this one, book 3, and couldn't resist picking it up. I never read book 1. It's just as fun and entertaining as I remember full tilt to be. Lots of twists and turns. And comical banter that made me love the last book. Throw in a old hound dog nam ...more
Janet
I always seem to devour Evanovich’s books and this one was no exception. Zany plots, crazy characters, and lots of action make a fast fun read. This book just about drove me nuts. I’m not a huge romance fan, but Max and Jamie come so close to finally letting their libidos run away with them so many times, only to be foiled by telephones, the dog, or Jamie’s overactive imagination. Lock the door and get it over with!
Carrie
Jul 31, 2009 rated it liked it
So, I've decided that this series is similar to manga; each book is like a chapter and you end up reading them one after the other in order to get the whole story! It's been a fun story so far, what with the talking car, the inept mafia hit men, swear jars, vintage mustangs, and now the dog that doesn't like country music...
Cindy
Feb 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Enjoyed this next installment in the 'Full' series - the interplay between Jamie and Max makes this a lot of fun. I will certainly be on the lookout for the next one.
Pat
Feb 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Pat by: no one
You have to read the whole "Full Series" - it's addictive
Linda
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love everything Evaolvich writes. These light romantic comedies from her earlier days are a hoot. This one is intriguing in there is a mystery involved. Maybe Max is in danger but for sure his sister has invited him to town to help her husband, Frankie, find out who is sending the threatening letters. Max has a car with a computer invented by him named Muffin. The whole story is clever and funny with just the right amount of back and forth between Jamie, the main character, and her fiance, Phi ...more
Jessica Andersen
May 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book took me a rediculous amount of time to read-over 2 months. But being an avid Evanovich fan, I couldn't bring myself to just skip it & put it away all together. I just couldn't get into it. The funniest thing to me were the last 5 pages when the dog got "shot" & it was just his tail.
This series in general has been disappointing to me. I think the only way I'll get all the books read in it is a long vehicle ride with only this series with to read.
Shannon Murdoch-morris
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy Janet Evanovich. This was in a box of books someone gave to me and darn it, I have to try to find the others in the series now. I wish I could have started with book one and had the backstory for the characters, but it was pretty clear what their history was like. Well written and was just fine as a standalone. Though it does make you want to read more. :)
Samantha
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full Speed has all the elements expected from a comedic Evanovich mystery to keep you guessing but entertained all the same time. I love how she and Hughes give perspectives from various characters, so the reader has inside information on everyone the entire time. The best part for me was wondering how the secrets would reveal themselves to Max and Jamie.
Marilyn Upright
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Funny action packed adventure with Max Holt, multimillionaire genuis and his car computer Muffin. Jamie is along for the ride with a pick up that is falling apart and a huge balding dog with too much extra skin that is named Fleas.
Brooke Grinolds
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really liked it a lot, read it because I already read Full Blast. Not quite as good, but still very entertaining. Just like the other Full novel, it's light and lacking in depth, but that's part of what makes it a great beach read!
Brenda
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This series should be read in order. There is a huge jump in time from book 1 to book 2. Books 3 and 4 would make more sense if read after 2. Books 5 and 6 go with 2, 3 and 4. Definitely need to be read in order.
Bobbi
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback
Great read! Fast paced and fun. Can't believe all the trouble Jamie gets into but luckily she had Muffin and Max to help her out. Hope to see more of them along with Beenie, DeeDee and Frankie in the future.
Candace
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: gentle-mystery
A pleasant easy read and a nice change after some heavy hitter novels. Jamie Swift is reluctantly paired with Max Holt to solve a mystery involving a tele-evangelist who likes the ladies if they aren't his wife who he abuses. He also seems to have to close ties to the mob.
Danielle
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Melanie
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book - much more than the previous one, so I'm glad i continued with this serices. Max and Jamie both grew on me and I really liked Fleas. Evanovich and Hughes offers a nice escape from reality.
Verity W
Mar 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not one of the better end of the Evanovich collaborations. Nearly gave up on this to be honest. Hey ho, will know better in future.
Dick Pilskog
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Jamie oh Jamie. really simple story, but Jamie's ineptness and sexual encounters are just hokey. I would not recommend this book to anyone. Janet must have listened to Charlotte. Bad book.
Erin **Coffee, Book, Essential Oils Addict**
This book was fairly slow. I was expecting more action all around. I didn't really get that interested until after the halfway point.
Brieve29
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Easy, fun read.
Melissa Smith
I read this one out of order. I had a harder time getting i to this one.
Susan
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book at least as much as the previous two.
Sara Tuschen
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Yeah, I really couldn't tell the difference between this book and its predecessor.
Lisa
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Janet Evanovich book is an easy escape for me when life is stressful.
Shannon
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Janet does it again!

Nice easy read true to Janet Evanovich's style. She is definitely one of my favorite! Can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Madison Mega-Mara...: #19 - Full Speed 1 1 Mar 14, 2014 12:07PM
can't wait 1 13 Aug 17, 2009 03:20AM
Join in the discussions! 1 4 Apr 30, 2009 01:31PM
  • Full House (Full #1)
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)
  • Nutcase (Crazy, #2)
  • It's All Greek to Me
  • Dogs and Goddesses
  • Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #4)
  • Evil in Carnations (A Flower Shop Mystery, #8)
  • Summer Lovin’ (Costas Sisters #2)
  • Nerd Gone Wild (Nerds, #3)
  • Dirty Laundry (Sofie Metropolis, #2)
  • Bubbles Betrothed (Bubbles Yablonsky, #5)
  • A Fugitive Truth (An Emma Fielding Mystery #4)
  • Pink Jinx (Jinx, #1; Cajun, #5)

Full (6 books)
  • Full House (Full #1)
  • Full Tilt (Full #2)
  • Full Blast (Full #4)
  • Full Bloom (Full #5)
  • Full Scoop (Full #6)
“Jamie felt as though her heart would literally take flight from her crest. Damn her and her mouth. “Nick, I was sort of exaggerating about how nasty I was going to act of the plane. Why can’t we just leave Fleas with Max and get going?”
“She’s lying, Nick,” Max said. “You don’t do things her way and she turns into Satan’s daughter.”
4 likes