Start by marking “Llama Llama Red Pajama” as Want to Read:
Llama Llama Red Pajama

Llama Llama Red Pajama

(Llama Llama)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  35,543 ratings  ·  1,270 reviews
Llama, Llama red pajama waiting, waiting for his mama. Mama isn’t coming yet. Baby Llama starts to fret. In this infectious rhyming read-aloud, Baby Llama turns bedtime into an all-out llama drama! Tucked into bed by his mama, Baby Llama immediately starts worrying when she goes downstairs, and his soft whimpers turn to hollers when she doesn’t come right back. But just in ...more
Published May 5th 2005 by Viking Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Llama Llama Red Pajama, please sign up.

·  35,543 ratings  ·  1,270 reviews

Jonathan
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: oscar-s-faves
RIP. Deeply saddened to hear of Anna's death today after a year-long struggle with cancer. I loved reading her books to my son, and he loved them too. These stories, and her wonderful illustrations, will always mean a lot to me. They are perfect reading material to share with your little ones.
Archit Ojha
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet little ball of fur it was. Adorable characters - Llama Llama and Mama Llama.

Teaches small readers to have patience with absorbing illustrations.

Suggested for young learners.
Adela Cacovean
Citită în pijama, dimineaţa, cu prietenul meu. A fost tare drăguţă, mai ales ilustraţiile şi cred că este o carte perfectă de citit copilului de peste 2 ani noaptea, înainte de culcare. Copiiilor le plac repetiţiile, iar ,,Lama lama în pijama" este o construcţie adorabilă. Cartea îi poate învăţa pe copilaşi o lecţie despre iubirea părinţilor, prezentă şi atunci când nu sunt alături de ei în permanenţă - cum e mama lamă, care are de îndeplinit câteva sarcini în gospodărie, după o zi lungă în care ...more
Dawn
Jan 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love reading this one aloud to my daughter, Therese! The rhyming is so perfectly cadenced and she always giggles at the scrunched up mad face little llama makes when he is sooooo tired of waiting on his mama. A fun, fun read and good to remind "baby llamas" that mama is always there.
Jeremy
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Llama llama whining still?
Llama llama needs to chill
Lest he's turned into a snack
Or forced to bear a heavy pack.

Watched it here.
 Chele
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
September 3, 2016
**RIP Ms. Dewdney. My children and grandchildren enjoyed your stories.
babyhippoface
Jan 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
LOVE llama llama, even when he tries every trick in the book to avoid bedtime. Even more, LOVE Mama Llama when she has had ENOUGH!

Baby Llama’s impatience turns to worry, anger, and fear waiting for Mama Llama to bring a drink of water in this delightful rhyming bedtime tale. Adorable paintings of baby Llama in various stages of distress are a perfect match for the all-too-familiar nighttime scenario; the deep blue hues give the reader a sense of calm in spite of little llama’s escalating “llama
Megan
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
This has quickly become one of our favorite books to read. It is so cute and I just love. A bit long for a baby, so sometimes my almost one year old isn't able to sit long enough for the whole thing. I'm going to have buy more Llama Llama books!
John Yelverton
Aug 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Fun little children's book, but Mamma should have spanked this little llama.
Ellenjsmellen
May 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-lit
Adorable story. This was read to us at storytime at the library. I hear there's a sequel. Going to check that out now.
Rachel
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Even though this is a children's board book, I am including it in my adult shelf. Because I think this book might have saved my bacon.

My two-year-old has not been sleeping well. She fights off sleep at bedtime, asking for "more song" and "mama sleeps too" and "mama sit," and no matter that I do what she asks, she immediately wants the opposite. And heaven help me if I just *leave the room*. But when a different family member takes the point on naptime or bedtime, she lays down quietly and falls
midnightfaerie
Oct 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Finally got a copy of this and my kid's loved it. A book my 5 yr old as well as my twin 3 yr olds loved. A solid reading level 1 book, this cute story keeps all ages engaged with the bright colorful pictures and cute story. A great addition to any children's library.
Westminster Library
It's bedtime and a little llama is freaking out. Where could mama llama be? Young readers will enjoy the gentle rhythm of the rhymes as well as the illustrations that capture the wide range of emotions. Young ones and parents alike will enjoy the reassuring tone of this book.

Find Llama Llama Red Pajama at the Westminster Public Library!
Amanda Hoffman
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this book! I chose this book because I read this book to my kids. I absolutely love how accurate this book is when it comes to bedtime and kids. Never fails this is how my children behaved at bedtime. I like how its a book of reassurance to kids and they can see it. They can see in the book that mama sometimes is doing other things, it doesn't mean she is gone.
Michael
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The llama drama for the mama llama is enough to soil the red pajama, but in the end baby llama learns to keep everything shama-llama with the ding-dong.

"Baby llama don't cause such a tizzy, sometimes mama llama's busy!"

Gets better with every read.
GinaRose Cristello
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lorenzo-s
"anh anh ANH" that is lorenzo pointing at the books in the stack beside his chair until I am touching Llama Llama.

then we read to the page where mama runs upstairs... and he makes me start over, and over, and over signing "more!". best.story.ever!
Jessica Smith
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding book. I like that it can be sung to a tune. Deep characters. That Momma sure is something! ; )
Neil
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My youngest child loves this book. Can't get enough of it. It's fun to read with a 1-year old.
Delia
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was one of my first favorites when I started working at a daycare. The infants and toddlers loved hearing this story over and over again and again. I think what they children loved most was the expressions illustrated in the story. You can see the many emotions little Llama and Mama Llama feel such as worry, anger, impatience and contentment. While reading this book aloud I love to emphasis those emotions. The rhyming in this story make it a fun and catchy read a loud.
Chinook
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Kait loves this. We read it as pink pajamas because she happens to have some pink pjs with llamas on them. And of course, when I read it I hear the rapped version in my head each time.
Christina
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Every time I read this book I hear the Ludacris version in my head - he killed it! 🙌
SaraLaLa
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
My husband, daughter, and I all love the Llama Llama books, but my husband and I refuse to read this to our 2.5 year old. Our daughter just happened to be going through some sort of sleep regression when we took this book out of the library. She would wake up and start yelling/screaming for us to come get her out of the crib just because she was awake. Not scared, not in need of a diaper change, just awake and wanting to play. In the story, Llama Llama pretty much has a temper tantrum when his m ...more
Luisa Knight
The Llama is kind of a punk, though his mama does rebuke him for his drama.

Ages: 3 - 7

**Like my reviews? I also have hundreds of detailed reports that I offer too. These reports give a complete break-down of everything in the book, so you'll know just how clean it is or isn't. I also have Clean Guides (downloadable PDFs) which enable you to clean up your book before reading it! Visit my website: The Book Radar.
Mary Franzosa
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-j-j
My babies fell in love with this book at 6 months old. The rhymes are fun and there is a lot of suspense/drama! It’s a page turner.
Michelle (Sherbet Lemon)
D'awww this book is adorable, all about a mother's simple love!
Hannah S.
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this book is very cute. my rabbit enjoyed taking naps on it.
Nicoleta
Mama lama are margele. Puiul lama are o lama de plus.
Veronica D. Niculescu a facut traducerea.
Andrea Jeter
Text-to-world connection

My take on this book is about children’s natural attachments to their parents. This is something that I see everyday. Baby llama like most other children will throw a fit if their parents have step out of a room for to long. Children have a hard time disconnecting from the natural bond they share with parents. Even if it is only a short period of time it seems like forever to children.
Moira Burke
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such expressive paintings and perfect rhyming meter. Bonus points for having the phrase “please stop all this llama drama.”
Kara
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this as a read aloud experience. Wonderful flow and engaging illustration.

Love that Llama Mama!!
  • Russell the Sheep
  • Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?
  • Leonardo, the Terrible Monster
  • A Book of Sleep
  • A Bedtime for Bear
  • Bear Snores On
  • How Do Dinosaurs Go to School?
  • Read to Tiger
  • A Boy and His Bunny
  • What Will Fat Cat Sit On?
  • Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site
  • Bats at the Library
  • Duck On A Bike
  • Little Hoot
  • Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
  • Bark, George
  • Snip Snap! What's That?
  • Chickens to the Rescue

Llama Llama (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Llama Llama Mad at Mama