Start by marking “Beach Blanket Bad Boys” as Want to Read:
Beach Blanket Bad Boys

Beach Blanket Bad Boys

3.88  ·  Rating Details ·  1,025 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Batteries Not Required by Linda Lael Miller
The only boyfriend Gayle Hayes has is the battery-operated kind. But when she returns to her small Montana hometown, rodeo bad boy Tristan McCullough gives her a whole new lesson in power surge...

Sara Smiles by Alison Kent
Six months ago, Sara Wade has turned down her boyfriend Jax's proposals. Now, it's her turn to convince the h
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published June 7th 2005 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Beach Blanket Bad Boys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beach Blanket Bad Boys

Maura
☂ ℬrandi
3.5

I find that with most anthologies the limited space doesn't allow for much development, character, plot or otherwise. In this anthology especially, some stories are limited to under 40 pages. That's brief but sometimes that's all you need. The benefit of such anthologies is that, at the very least they expose the reader to new or unknown authors. This one in particular features six authors, of those I've only read two.

All but one of these stories is about reuniting love and all of them give
Cindy
Jul 31, 2013 Cindy rated it liked it
Contemporary romance. One of the "Bad Boys" books. You know, when you read a book like this suspending belief is sometimes a requirement. It's hard though.

Linda Lael Miller - 2 stars. Protected sex. Told in the first person. I really have a problem with the old "separated for 10 years because the female lead jumped to conclusions & dumped the male lead". I was willing to give this one a chance because it IS well written with snappy dialogue. Unfortunately, the female lead lets the male lea
Kathy Davie
Nov 30, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, funny
All I can say after reading these stories is...I need to get to a Mexican beach!

Linda Lael Miller's Batteries Not Required was too funny. And a very sweet, cute romance involving a cowboy, a paralegal, and B.O.B. I MUST read more of her work.

Alison Kent's Sara Smiles started off as though the story had already ended. I kept wondering what was her reason for even writing the story when she hit me with it. Very nice. Very original. And, very sweet with a point. I want one of him...

Lucy Monroe's Se
Cheri
Nov 16, 2016 Cheri rated it really liked it
This is a steamy collection of short stories, none more than 50 pages long. I’m not quite sure where the title of this book comes from, but it could be the fact that this is a perfect beach read. Each story is self-contained and quick to read. As with other compilations, I am basing my rating on the overall book on the average rating.

Batteries Not Required
by Linda Lael Miller
35 pages
Although this is a very short story, it felt complete. No extra characters to get to know, not really anyway. It’s
JoAnne
Jan 21, 2012 JoAnne rated it liked it
Anthology with bad boys and summer as its theme. Stories by 6 different authors - 2 of which I've read books by before - Linda Lael Miller and Jill Shalvis. I felt like I had previously read the book by Miller before. The stories were short, steamy and there was always a past with the bad boy. A good beach read - even if I did read it in the winter and finished it up during a snowstorm!
Gloria
May 20, 2012 Gloria rated it liked it
This is a collection of short stories about renewing love. It was a bit....raunchy in the love making scenes. Each quick story were only about 50 pages, give or take, so there was no time to really develop the characters. All in all it was ok.
Jodi
Apr 28, 2011 Jodi rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
A fun but trashy read. Very quick. I'm not a huge fan of short stories but I'm getting a little more used to them. These were such fluff reads that I really didn't feel like I was missing much and wasn't waiting for more of the story.
Jessi
Apr 06, 2010 Jessi rated it liked it
Learned nothing from this book. It was mildly entertaining and definitely chock full of sex but putting six short stories in one book pretty much guarantees that there isn't going to be a lot of character development. Definitely a beach book.
Jenny
Jun 28, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this steamy little book! The only author I was familiar with was Jill Shalvis. I enjoyed 4 of the 5 stories very much. I look forward to exploring these new authors. Its a perfect book to read at the beach or on vacation!
Marran
Aug 02, 2012 Marran rated it it was ok
Huh..well....the story s was a bit to short for my taste..even though I don't mind reading sizzling sex scenes these felt a bit to much wham bam thank you mam....I need more of a story to go with the sex...
Laurie Gold
Sister switch 2
Spencer for…ever 1
Mallory
Jul 15, 2015 Mallory rated it really liked it
Took this book to the beach and it was a great choice. Every story was predictable but that was expected. If you're looking for a collection of erotic short stories, this is for you.
Marblezzie
Apr 18, 2011 Marblezzie rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best anthologies I've read so far. Each story made me want to fall in love and lust all over again. Simply scrumptious! ^_~
Stacey
Aug 26, 2011 Stacey rated it liked it
cute for a very short quick read, such a sexy sounding cowboy :O}
Maggie
Jun 28, 2009 Maggie rated it liked it
Hech yeah! Bring this book to the beach (I did), stories are short and quick reads so you can put this book down often. Its racy so if that isn't your thing, skip it.
Christie
Oct 04, 2007 Christie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, anthology
good read to lose some time in.
Noor
5. Sister Switch - 5 STARS
6. Spencer For Ever - 5 STARS
Shaineinok
Feb 23, 2012 Shaineinok rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the first 4 stories and gave this 4 stars based on them. It's a good beach or stuck at home with the flu read. :)
Season
Aug 05, 2011 Season rated it it was ok
This is just okay to me. Some stories were better than others...but really no character development, but I should expect that in short stories.
Julie (jjmachshev)
Sep 18, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it liked it
Shelves: 2005-reads
Only three stars cause they were all too short!!
Kiaja
Kiaja rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Amy K
Amy K rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2010
Annie Wolfe
Annie Wolfe rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2014
Destiny
Destiny rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Doug
Doug rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2007
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2013
Celebrating A New Harlequin Showcase Release For Lucy Monroe 1 4 May 11, 2010 07:57AM
Cyber Launch Party Today For Lucy Monroe's MOON CRAVING 1 3 Feb 05, 2010 06:38AM
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Bad Boys Southern Style
  • Bad Boys Down Under
  • Bad Boys with Red Roses
  • To All A Good Night
  • When Good Things Happen To Bad Boys (Includes: Dean Brothers & Friend, #3)
  • Texas Bad Boys
  • Bad Boys Over Easy
  • 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #2)
  • Red Hot Santa
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...