Start by marking “Noodleheads Find Something Fishy” as Want to Read:
Noodleheads Find Something Fishy

Noodleheads Find Something Fishy

(Noodleheads #3)

The hilarious Noodlehead Brothers Mac and Mac return in this easy-to-read graphic novel by best-selling author-illustrator Tedd Arnold and two award-winning storytellers.

Mac and Mac, as gullible as ever, decide that since fish live in schools, they must be smart. The fish in this funny story certainly are smart enough to outwit Mac and Mac--and so is their friend Meatba
Published September 4th 2018 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about Noodleheads Find Something Fishy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Noodleheads Find Something Fishy

Matt
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Noodlehead brothers Mac and Mac discover a fishing rod and are eager to take up fishing. This idea becomes a reality when their mother chases them out of the house for a day. With the desire to fish, Mac and Mac discover that there is more to it than meets the eye, or the rod. This is surely one adventure that they will not forget, but it does give them lots to discuss with their mother at the end of the day. Neo is a great fan of FLY GUY books and this was penned by the same author. Just as muc ...more
Melissapalmer404
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Book #36 Read in 2019

Noodleheads Find Something Fisy

Two noodles try to figure out how to catch a fish on their fishing trip. This is a quick read, appropriate for elementary school. It was ok.
Jason
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A whole extra star for the backmatter that explains the folktale origins/inspiration for each story.
DaNae
Such great, silly fun. I will say the second graders I gave this to in our as a Geisel read were fairly confused. I think it was too chaotic a setting for them to get the jokes.
Barbara
When I mention noodlehead tales to my college students, most of them have never heard of these kinds of classic stories. Thus, I continue to applaud the efforts of this creative team to update them and bring them to a modern audience. In this installment, the third in the series, the Noodlehead brothers--Mac and Mac--find a fishing pole and decide to go fishing. When the pole--they call it a fishing stick--can't fit between two trees, the boys break it in two. From this introduction, readers fol ...more
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
Who doesn't love Tedd Arnold. He is a master of his craft. He casts a spell over his young readers and creates children that love to read due to his hilarious stories and zany illustrations. Noodleheads Find Something Fishy is another zany installation in the Noodlehead series. A fun read, that both my son and I enjoyed immensely! My son and I have read this numerous times and have laughed each and every time. I always looking for books that keep my son's interest. He struggles with reading, so ...more
Ro Menendez
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This collection of three stories has so many excellent attributes! First, teaching kids what literally means, which is a common expression nowadays that is used incorrectly, couldn't be funnier with the tales of these Noodleheads! Second, any folktale study unit can benefit from comparing the Tedd Arnold twisted tale of the folktales the Author's Note at the end of the book cites as inpiration for each of the Noodleheads' stories. Third, it is written in graphic novel format, which will serve as ...more
Becky B
Mac and Mac decide to learn how to fish. How hard can it be?

The silly noodle brothers manage to survive their fishing adventure and sure sound like they did things right, but oh boy did they have some epic mistakes. Kids should find this graphic novel and the silly noodles hilarious. I am continually amazed by the wealth of literary history and information that they pack into the back of these books. The authors share folklore inspiration for the three parts of the story, and also explain where
Nadina
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
So yes, this series continues to be really stupid, still it is quite funny.
Of course, reading the previous two books I skipped over the author's note about how it is purposefully stupid and written to teach kids, I should have know, oh well, I guess I was a bit of a noodlehead there. I do like that the author's note contains details on the noodlehead tales used to inspire each chapter as well as explaining expressions from throughout the book. It's actually really informative for kids and quite
Teresa Bateman
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it
The Noodlehead brothers are back for another adventure. This time the boys are going fishing. In three graphic-novel style chapters our heroes get outwitted by just about everyone, including the fish. Bright illustrations and funny dialogue carry the story along. Adults will recognize many of their adventures from traditional noodlehead tales, but now the stories are available for a new generation.
In this noodlehead retelling of "fools" folktales, Mac and Mac try to go fishing, but make a number of foolish mistakes originally found in folktales in Denmark, Italy, and Germany. Use when teaching about Europe, or food, or folktales. Kids are sure to eat this silliness in the graphic novel format right up! Easy to read for lower elementary students.
Lynn
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Graphic novel for comic fans and reluctant readers for grades 1-4. I really enjoyed it! Short, funny chapters follow Mac and Mac through ridiculous adventures. Colorful illustrations pair with text full of wordplay, jokes, and slapstick humor. I'm a fan of the Noodleheads! I think kids will love this series!
Diane
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mom tells Mac and Mac to "Go out there and learn something new today", so they decide to learn how to fish. Hilarity ensues as they are convinced by their friend, Meatball, that they can "grow a boat." Then, they take advice from a very big (?) fish on how to catch fish. But ultimately, they feel like they've learned something ... what will the reader think?
Alice
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ala-2018
Mac and Mac Noodlehead find a fishing pole and want to go fishing...of course they don't know how to fish, but of course, Fortune favors the fool. Great emergent reader.

Received as an advanced reading copy
Bethe
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Those noodleheads are so silly - and who knew the chapters are based on actual folktales, explains why some sounded familiar, see the author’s note for more details on the original tales. Funny & fun.
Alison
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I personally didn't find this very funny, but I can see why kids would. I also thought the information at the end about where the inspiration for the stories was drawn from was really interesting and provided a unique historical perspective into the work.
Pam
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lower-elem
Graphic Novel
The brothers attempt fishing and learn some interesting lessons along the way.
Readers will enjoy the humor as others trick them.
emyrose8
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
3.5- two noodle heads without a brain in their heads try to learn to fish. Fun and simple, with a detailed author’s note about how they got the ideas for the stories.
Josh Newhouse
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 18jun
Read the Galley and it’s another hit! Poor Noodleheads get taken in by meatball and more!
Rory
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Really loved it! 😂
Kelly
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a pair of dunderheads. Children will love it.
mg
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous versions of "Jack tales" for beginning readers. The silliness + graphic novel elements will really appeal to early readers.
Megan
Those Noodleheads remind me of Amelia Bedelia.
Laura Molinario
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Picture Book
Sherry Guice
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I do love this series--a modern version of Noodlehead tales. This book has notes about the Tale Type motifs and their origins in the back making it a fine book to use to study folklore and funny!
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens, funny
Not my bag, but my 6-year-old loves this.

Very Amelia Bedelia-ish and I didn't like those as a kid either.
Ms Threlkeld
The Noodleheads always elicit lots of chuckles and eye rolls. They’re stupid but endearing.
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
E-ARC from Edelweiss Plus
My students love Mac and Mac, and I enjoy the folk tale references shared in the back matter.
Sharon Lawler
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Easy reader, and just plain fun.
Courtney
"Noodelheads Find Something Fishy was written by Tedd Arnold, and was published in 2018. This book tells a very goofy story about Mac and Mac the noodle head brothers who find a fishing pole and set out to go fishing. Along the way they are tricked and make many silly mistakes. This book has fun illustrations and a concept that young readers would find funny. This book would be appropriate for lower elementary aged students to read on their own. I wasn't a huge fan of this book as a whole and li ...more
Tedd grew up with three brothers. His family lived on a farm in Pennsylvania for several years then returned to Elmira until Tedd was ten years old. His father's work then required that they move to Gainesville, Florida. There, Tedd's first art lessons in an abandoned dentist's office over the Happy Hour pool hall eventually led to a fine arts degree from the University of Florida.

He and his wife,